• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Vhalyar said:
Not exactly mass-market arguments though :/
But If you want to play the compare game and argue semantics, you mind as well throw in the technical side and capabilities as well.

These are not the same device. Similar, very similar. But not the same.

Afrikan

Bad_Boy said:
But If you want to play the compare game and argue semantics, you mind as well throw in the technical side and capabilities as well.

the thing is some want to say, you don't need the Motion+ for casuals so forget adding $20 extra to these pricing comparisons.....or what ever...

and they say Kinect can have 4players play....but what kind of games will they be playing....will it matter to "casuals" if all 4 players bodies are fully mapped......I wouldn't think so reading this thread....

so, for all we know, there could be 4player games for the PSEye where it will allow 4players to play at the same time...(will it track every part of their body, no) but how much space will you have for these "fully mapped" 4player games on Kinect?.

I'm guessing these 4player type games will be like these games for the Eyetoy during the PS2 years but alittle better looking....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXohr4XE-4&feature=related

there is no reason why the PSEye won't be able to do the same........so some will say $150 Kinetic compared to the Gazillion dollars needed for the PS3 setup (its really $240 = PSEye + 4moves)

I'll say for casuals and their 4player games...it could end up being $150 Kinect compared to the $40 for just the PSEye......no move controllers needed.

does that sound crazy?

Hero

Bad_Boy said:

Except the whole point of Sony releasing Move is to try and capture the Wii audience. This pricing tier will pretty much prevent that.

Afrikan

Hero said:
Except the whole point of Sony releasing Move is to try and capture the Wii audience. This pricing tier will pretty much prevent that.

from a casual's perspective.....what are the differences between the party games for the Wii and the Party games for EyeToy during the PS2 years?....like the link to that video I posted that shows Eyetoy Play party game with 4players for the PS2

could they "capture" the same Wii audience with just PSEye party games?

Hero

Afrikan said:
from a casual's perspective.....what are the differences between the party games for the Wii and the Party games for EyeToy during the PS2 years?....like the link to that video 4player Eyetoy Play party game for the PS2....

The difference is that the Eyetoy as an accessory and an afterthought as opposed to the Wii remote which the whole system was based around and required no additional purchase, not to mention Wii Sports is just outright superior to any shitty Eyetoy game.

Afrikan

Hero said:
The difference is that the Eyetoy as an accessory and an afterthought as opposed to the Wii remote which the whole system was based around and required no additional purchase, not to mention Wii Sports is just outright superior to any shitty Eyetoy game.

but would casuals notice this? :lol .....those in that video looked like they were having fun with their "shitty" 4player game.

just like some say casuals would not care about the advanced tech they would get with the PSMove.

and I'm sure there is a chance PSEye games might look a gen better than "shitty" Eyetoy games...

DeadGzuz

Banned
I'm in for one bundle (I'll move my extra Eye to my bedroom PS3), one nav and one extra Move. So $180? I'll sell off all my Wii stuff, no one uses it.

Omiee

i think im buying 2 wands so i can play games with wifey or friends and just add a accesoir controlle for me.

jiggle

BoilersFan23 said:
SCEA doesn't tend to say anything about games from Japan during their conferences. I think we'll see games which are Japanese oriented, but probably at some private showing in Japan (or during TGS).

or they're just useless
almost 4 years into PS3 life, it's becoming more and more clear
i think i'm gonna head over to the patapon3 thread after this, to reiterate that

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
alr1ghtstart said:
24pggzn.jpg
only good things can come of this

Glad I don't care about this crap and hope this and MS webcam bombs so they can go back making stuff that isn't soccer mom shovelware.

noah111

Still Alive
Omiee said:
i think im buying 2 wands so i can play games with wifey or friends and just add a accesoir controlle for me.
Basically this. Already have the Eye so i'll be paying $130 for two Moves and a Navigator.

Redbeard

Banned
I'll probably be picking up the bundle + sub controller

Gonna play through RE5 with this

Hopefully they show off KZ3 support at GamesCom

noah111

Still Alive
Redbeard said:
Hopefully they show of KZ3 support at GamesCom
This. I get the feeling that they have barely even begun working on it but I think it will be interesting to see how exactly they implement it into Killzone's control style..

PS. When is GC anyway?

I was not too impressed with the Move demonstrations during the conference, so I may hold off for a while. Heavy Rain with Move controls sounds interesting, but that's not enough for me to fork over all that money for something I may not use often.

Although, I wonder if we'll get The House of the Dead 4 on the PS3?

Hydrargyrus

With that european prices (thanks Sony, for first time in history!!) I will buy one, for sure.

I can't wait to play SOCOM, Killzone 3, LBP, Heavy Rain... and yeah, that Sourcery looked pretty fantastic!!

Ashes

Banned
I don't get it. Didn't people pay more to buy plastic peripheral for a single game? Rock band? Guitar hero? wii fit? wii fit plus?

Looking at the price list, I'm thinking, in euroland, the people who want to buy move are going to buy move.

There's bound to be games that have pack in Move stuff anyways. Like eye pet, that was £20 to £25 with PS eye at launch. The Move centric games themselves are priced cheaper. Parents with one eye on the budget may take this into consideration when buying for Christmas.

Although a slightly weird combination, the Coca Cola ad partnership could be a huge part in this. Coca Cola knows how to promote things. And they reach a really really wide audience.

It is still too expensive for me, as I'm definitely going to buy the sub as well. But my point still stands. People will buy peripherals when absolutely needed even if it costs more. and who really buys 4 wii controllers. You don't buy that, you build that collection! :p

Cipherr

Afrikan said:
from a casual's perspective.....what are the differences between the party games for the Wii and the Party games for EyeToy during the PS2 years?....like the link to that video I posted that shows Eyetoy Play party game with 4players for the PS2

Why dont you ask the third parties who have been tying to "capture" the same Wii audience with just Wii Sports and Party game clones. Ask them how that worked out.

Rflagg

Already have the eye toy I might get the controller and navi unit Tiger woods, Sorcery, and maybe liking first persons shooters has me interested. I am not sure why I have never really liked them before I mean some third person shooters are among my favorite all time games. If
When?
they come out with hot shots golf and or ape escape for this thing I will bite for sure. I think even without those it is just a matter of time before this is in my living room.

Concept17

Don't have the PSEye so I'll grab that in advance. Pick up two wands and try out the DS3 for a sub-controller. If it doesn't handle well I'll just pick up a nav or two.

Razgreez

SoulPlaya said:
Even the $400 bundle doesn't include the navigation controller?????? WTF??????

But yeah, like people have been saying, $430 vs. $200 Wii is pretty ridiculous.

Yeah. I mean the games on the Wii are totally on par with those on the PS3 hahaha
Bolded number should be $400. Navi is not required

MrDenny

¥5,980 bundle will include one Move Motion Controller, a PlayStation Eye and a copy of Sing and Draw, an upcoming Move title.
Ehh, why are the other countries getting cheaper bundles while the US is stuck with a 99$ pack :(

lupinko

Puncture said:
Why dont you ask the third parties who have been tying to "capture" the same Wii audience with just Wii Sports and Party game clones. Ask them how that worked out.

I dunno, Ubisoft did fine with its dancing game, and EA did well with EA Sports Active.

Razgreez said:
Yeah. I mean the games on the Wii are totally on par with those on the PS3 hahaha
Bolded number should be $400. Navi is not required

While they may not be on par... are they worth *double* the price?

What prices did people think it would launch for? a wii mote with wii motion plus is $54.99 then the nunchuck is $20 so $74.99 for a wii controller for one person. Prices are pretty close then.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
supermackem said:
What prices did people think it would launch for? a wii mote with wii motion plus is $54.99 then the nunchuck is $20 so $74.99 for a wii controller for one person. Prices are pretty close then.
They are comparing the price of the system as well.... and some even the price of a new 3d tv ;)

jorma

is now taking requests
I don't really care about the price tbh. I'll get Move regardless of the price if it gives me an advantage in KZ3, but if the KZ multiplayer still favours dualshock use i wont be getting Move.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hero said:
But you're suggesting the Wii and PS3 do the exact same thing. If you're going to compare, leave the consoles out of it. And just compare the controllers.

Because the PS3 does HD Video & Audio, DVD/Blu-ray, 3D, Online Network, etc. More than just motion controls. It's up to the consumer to decide if those added features are worth the price difference. Just how it always has been.

You cant just say you get the same thing the PS3 does for X amount less on the Wii, because theres more to it than that...

supermackem said:
exactly. Though the camera would make it a bit more expensive. But again, just comparing controllers. Move seems to offer more features.

JWong

Banned
So far, the only games that need the Navicon are singleplayer games. We haven't seen any games that are cooperative and require both players with analog sticks. I don't think it's necessary to force all Move controllers to have Navicons.

This enables consumers to make their choice about what they want.

Omiee

AWESOME ITS ONLY 40 EUROS damnn this is even better than i expected cuz i already have a pseye.
im def getting 2 wands for 80 euros and adding a accesoir thingy for 20 euro.
just need to buy sport champions

Jakeh111

TheThunder said:
Glad I don't care about this crap and hope this and MS webcam bombs so they can go back making stuff that isn't soccer mom shovelware.
Oh shut up, variety is good. Its not like you have to buy it.

Tonza

Omiee said:
AWESOME ITS ONLY 40 EUROS damnn this is even better than i expected cuz i already have a pseye.
im def getting 2 wands for 80 euros and adding a accesoir thingy for 20 euro.
just need to buy sport champions

Yeah, the euro price isn't bad actually. Much better than I expected from the US price.

Razgreez

OldJadedGamer said:
While they may not be on par... are they worth *double* the price?

Yes, Definitely. You get more affordable move games, core games with move support and all the extra PS3 features that have been boasted about ad infinitum. Once again it's a question of value. Sure "casual" gamers dont/might not understand that concept but i do. The thing about casual gamers though, they always jump onto the band-wagon eventually. PS1/2 are perfect examples

El-Suave

Good prices, good release dates, and some interesting games (among some garbage). Since I already own some games for Move (Eyepet, Heavy Rain) I'll buy it for sure.

I'm just waiting for the Eartworm Jim announcement:
4703217355_15da1397f8.jpg
2ekn8ti.jpg

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
El-Suave said:
Good prices, good release dates, and some interesting games (among some garbage). Since I already own some games for Move (Eyepet, Heavy Rain) I'll buy it for sure.

I'm just waiting for the Eartworm Jim announcement:
4703217355_15da1397f8.jpg
2ekn8ti.jpg
Nice!

Hey just curious what game do you think is garbage so far?

darkwing said:
do they say they are going to sell Sports Champions separately? i already have a PS Eye.....
Hopefully is a PSN downloadable title. I really want to do table tennis.

Vlodril

Euro price is surprisingly good. Not the usual one to one conversion with the dollar. Probably getting this.

Xater

Yesterday I raged about the pricing because I thought we would have to pay 100€ for that bundle. Right now the pricing seems to be alright. I want to play Dead Space Extraction and probably Killzone 3 that way so I am going to buy it.

The pricing is perfect. This is for people who already own a PS3, and is designed to keep them from also getting a Wii - they can spend $150 on the Wii, or spend a bit less than that on the Move. The former has a few good games, but shitty SD graphics across the board. The latter is like a WiiHD but has yet to have a killer app announced. I'd wait for the Move to get some good games before splurging on it, but once they do have them, the Wii is going to take a beating because the games look so horrid in comparison. Plus you don't need another console cluttering up your AV center if you just get the Move for your PS3.

El-Suave

PistolGrip said:
Hey just curious what game do you think is garbage so far?

Garbage may be too strong, but some games at the first Move event left me very unimpressed (from what I got from it online), the Sony rail shooter was a bit bland in my opinion and my main complaint was with their Lights Out brawler. That is a very scripted gesture based game with little or no 1:1 input action if I'm not mistaken and it didn't seem to work at all like I'd want a Move fighting game to work.

I'm sure we'll still get some REAL garbage from some of the third parties with a bad track record though. ;-)

That doesn't really matter though, Move showed well at E3, and I'm mildly excited to get it. I couldn't have asked for more on the motion front.

Top Bottom