• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Katana_Strikes said:
4703217393_3a43d0ac5f.jpg

Is this a recharge stand?

Looks nifty. I like the gun too.
Idk why but i like that alot. Are the bottom of the navigator and move controller the same? Because I'd probably have two move controllers in there.

Poetic

Price seems fine to me. Looks like it's priced around the same as the Wii's accessories. I may not get a Move day 1, but I will before the year's out to give it a try. From everything I've seen it's the most accurate motion controls of the 3. Which is a huge plus for me.

I'll be getting a Move just for Heroes on the Move as I'm a fan of all 3 of those series. Can't wait to play with all those characters in 1 game.

Owensboro

Wow, You got me Sony. I already have the camera thanks to Little Big Planet, and now that I know you can use a DualShock 3 and don't have to buy a sub-controller (thanks GAF for constantly reiterating that point. I hostly didn't get it until I read it the 3rd time) I'm totally down for getting just the Move controller for the price of a game. Especially considering Tiger Woods is going to support it and I LOVED Woods on the Wii with the Motion Plus.

gcubed

Spookie said:
£94 for a full controller (stick, wand and camera). I spend money on some silly shit. But even for me that's too expensive. :lol

(www.gamegears.co.uk is my source)

Starter Pack: £49.99 (demo, wand, camera)
Move: £39.99
Sub: £29.99

so 80 for sub, move, camera and demo

Anybody know if I can use the guncon 4 for those lightgun games?
I want to delay myself from getting the move controllers until I make the most of the peripherals I already own.

Can I confirm something?

Does the Navigation Controller have any motion-sensing capabilities?

I can't hold and operate a controller with my left hand, so I was thinking I could strap the thing to the wand? Would that work?

KillerAJD

Tranced Shadow said:
Can I confirm something?

Does the Navigation Controller have any motion-sensing capabilities?

I can't hold and operate a controller with my left hand, so I was thinking I could strap the thing to the wand? Would that work?
From what I read in the GI article a few months ago, it does, but haven't heard that from anywhere else.

Game Informer said:
"Both the Move and the sub-controller use accelerometers, gyroscopes, and terrestrial magnetic sensors."

Brannon

So I was thinking and looking at the various pictures of the Move being used as a bow and arrow, and then it hit me!

What if there were a game with an add-on widget for the Move that gave actual resistance and release like a bow and arrow? This could be the beginnings of something awesome.

SpecX

I'm excited for this and I hope this will allow my wife and I to play more videogames together. Right now she'll do Singstar and Buzz, but won't touch anything else due to not being able to use the controller with ease, but this maybe the solution to that. I was always debating to get a Wii, but if this provides the games, I may get this to fill that void instead for her.

Cold-Steel said:
It's weird how people assume that 2 Move bundles = 2 players = $200.

I mean, you only need one camera and one game disc :lol

Right, 2 players will run you $150 bucks. With sub controllers that would be actually $210 for two people. Two people using two wands each like the Archery game would be $250.

OldJadedGamer said:
Right, 2 players will run you $150 bucks. With sub controllers that would be actually $210 for two people. Two people using two wands each like the Archery game would be $250.

Wow, that is a lot of fucking money. It iss ssad that the tech in Move looks so ggood bbut I think the price is going to kill it. No way do I see many people dropping $130 just for one full controller.

iceatcs

OldJadedGamer said:
Although I haven't seen Archery in Sports Champions doing 2 players same time. Anyone know?

Carl

Well i crumbled. Just preordered the Move controller whatsit and the subthingy

£70, not bad.

PEW PEW PEW

So I tried The Fight: Lights Out. This is game seemed like the antithesis to TV Superstar. It's gritty and violent, sure, but it also tracks two Move controllers rather than one, allowing you to punch an opponent into oblivion. Plus, the Move's camera would track my eyes, allowing me to rotate my position by turning my head (a good thing, since I was warned not to move my feet after calibration).

http://gizmodo.com/5565294/playstation-move-isnt-much-more-than-a-wii-hd

WHAT THE ..................

and :

I understand that my punches probably looked too horrible to use, but a lag, combined with pure animation cues, stops you from feeling like you're fighting. Heck, even Wii's loosely controlled Punch Out! feels more like actual boxing.

wow

gcubed

OldJadedGamer said:
With the bluetooth limitation I would assume that you don't actually use 4 moves, but pass the 2. I am only assuming this and would prefer clarification.

2 on 2 gladiator game with shields would require 4 though

Bad_Boy said:
Idk why but i like that alot. Are the bottom of the navigator and move controller the same? Because I'd probably have two move controllers in there.
It sounds like they do have the same connector on the bottom, from the PS Blog:
PlayStation Move “Charging Station” – Available for $29.99 (MSRP), the Charging Station will allow you to charge two PlayStation Move motion or navigation controllers at once, without connecting them to the PS3.
yankeehater said:
Wow, that is a lot of fucking money. It iss ssad that the tech in Move looks so ggood bbut I think the price is going to kill it. No way do I see many people dropping $130 just for one full controller.
I'm pretty sure I saw Sports Champions allow multiple players to take turns with 1 controller, just like Wii Sports. So, unless you're playing co-op, you don't need to buy two sets of controllers.

teiresias

OK, so does that Sports Champion game in the pack-in have that archery game you could see in some of the videos? Because if so, every marketing image I've seen of anyone doing anything related to archery shows two Move controllers, but the pack-in that includes the game only has one Move controller. Ummmmm . . .

SSJ1Goku

Banned
teiresias said:
OK, so does that Sports Champion game in the pack-in have that archery game you could see in some of the videos? Because if so, every marketing image I've seen of anyone doing anything related to archery shows two Move controllers, but the pack-in that includes the game only has one Move controller. Ummmmm . . .

Archery is one of the games that has multiple control setups, you can use 1 or 2 move controllers for one player, Volleyball is another.

SSJ1Goku said:
Archery is one of the games that has multiple control setups, you can use 1 or 2 move controllers for one player, Volleyball is another.

Are there any pictures or videos of someone playing archery with one move controller?

teiresias

SSJ1Goku said:

I can see how it would work for volleyball, but how would it work for archery?

I'm probably in for one set. I know I can use the DS3 or w/e but I'd rather just have the good setup. It might get awkward when you have to start moving around both hands.

I will have to see some more FPS stuff though. While it works for Sports bundles fine enough, I'm still unsure about the FPS implementation. But I'm hopeful.

It seems Sony is interested in selling this to current PS3 owners with the support they are showing so most likely I'm in for a set since I already have the camera so maybe this will get it dusted off.

I do like what I've seen so far ... just not sure if it's $50-80 sure yet.

DeadGzuz

Banned
teiresias said:

It would be pretty basic to make it either a trigger or second Move for the pullback motion, the skill come from the from front Move which is your aim.

OldJadedGamer said:

Pure FUD. Archery is not two people at once and I doubt it requires two Moves per person.

Concept17

teiresias said:
I can see how it would work for volleyball, but how would it work for archery?

From what I could tell, 1 controller archery is aiming and firing. (how steady you hold it still has a factor) 2 controllers is aiming, firing, and pulling back the arrow...how pulling back affects your shot I'm not sure.

Ploid 3.0

I think the archery use trigger to apply tension then release if you use one controller.

I'm getting move, going to stick with ds3 for sub controller when needed. Can't wait for games like the wizard game. Any impressions on how KZ3 play with move? I should really get a wii+ game for the attachment. I only have NCAA and Wii sports 1. Had no idea it improved games that much.
Darn nintendo, should have released wii hd

Ploid 3.0 said:
I think the archery use trigger to apply tension then release if you use one controller.

I'm getting move, going to stick with ds3 for sub controller when needed. Can't wait for games like the wizard game. Any impressions on how KZ3 play with move? I should really get a wii+ game for the attachment. I only have NCAA and Wii sports 1. Had no idea it improved games that much.

Wouldn't that take away the whole point of pulling back though? Since it would just be aiming and hitting a button?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I want in...... but $400?!?!? This is just too much for even a hardcore gamer like myself that is dying to purchase a PS3 with Move!

Maybe if the 3DS is not released this year I can somehow muster up the extra money to purchase one. But, most likely another year for me without a PS3.....

:(

Not showing me Last Guardian didn't help you too much either.

Andvary

Skiesofwonder said:
I want in...... but $400?!?!? This is just too much for even a hardcore gamer like myself that is dying to purchase a PS3 with Move!

Maybe if the 3DS is not released this year I can somehow muster up the extra money to purchase one. But, most likely another year for me without a PS3.....

:(

Not showing me Last Guardian didn't help you too much either.

Dude you forgot to include the 3D HD TV

paskowitz

All sorts of win

"Yesterday, the world found out when the PlayStation Move is coming and how much it's going to cost. However, when the price tags popped up at the Sony press conference, there was a bit of grumbling from the audience. In the United States, the PlayStation Move wand will cost $49.99 and the navigation controller – the little bit with an analog stick – will cost an additional $29.99.

An $80 entry cost to Sony's new method of control? People weren't thrilled.

However, it turns out that the navigation controller isn't a necessity. If you want to, you can hold your SixAxis or DualShock 3 controller in your left hand and the PlayStation Move in your right and not miss a beat. The navigation controller does have a few extra buttons on it, but the ones you need to play games – L1, L2 and an analog stick – are all right where you need them on the SixAxis/DualShock 3's left side.

While holding a full-size controller with one hand might not be the most comfortable thing for long periods of time, it's good to know that you can be frugal and get the most out of your PlayStation Move library."

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Curious, will the Move controller work out side? Like at the beach?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
paskowitz said:
All sorts of win

"Yesterday, the world found out when the PlayStation Move is coming and how much it's going to cost. However, when the price tags popped up at the Sony press conference, there was a bit of grumbling from the audience. In the United States, the PlayStation Move wand will cost $49.99 and the navigation controller – the little bit with an analog stick – will cost an additional $29.99.

An $80 entry cost to Sony's new method of control? People weren't thrilled.

However, it turns out that the navigation controller isn't a necessity. If you want to, you can hold your SixAxis or DualShock 3 controller in your left hand and the PlayStation Move in your right and not miss a beat. The navigation controller does have a few extra buttons on it, but the ones you need to play games – L1, L2 and an analog stick – are all right where you need them on the SixAxis/DualShock 3's left side.

While holding a full-size controller with one hand might not be the most comfortable thing for long periods of time, it's good to know that you can be frugal and get the most out of your PlayStation Move library."

This is what I'll be doing for the first year or so.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
belvedere said:
If you were a "hardcore gamer", you'd already have a PS3.

What does that have anything to do with anything? The use of hardcore is there to get across that me, as a gamer, who knows all the great titles on PS3 and the awesomeness that Move could potentially be... still has a problem justifying that $400 price tag.

And me not being able to afford a PS3 has nothing to do with being hardcore or not. Not only do I not have enough money to actually purchase the thing... but if I somehow DID, I already have enough trouble as it is to financially keep up with all the great games on Wii and 360. But Heavy Rain and now Move are finally the items that have really made me say "well fuck that!" and pushed me to the breaking point of NEEDING a PS3.

It's just $400... that's a lot.... like potentially seven great video games..... I still find that hard to justify just for a system and the controllers to make it function the way I want it to.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Speevy said:
It's a little fidgety at the beach, but you should see it on a mountain.
You know what I mean. Most of the demos and promo movies have showed people playing in dimly lit rooms.

Top Bottom