• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

All I see from melon are one-liners, snark, and softball questions.

Her lengthier posts are addressed to Kyan but it's not like he wrote anything of substance in those big posts of his.

No one was even semi-serious until Ouro wanted to talk about Kyan’s original post which barely anyone acknowledged – like, I agree the post of Kyan was mostly mind games but as a talking point it could’ve gotten us somewhere. Two people answered. Two. And who was that??—oh Kyan and me.

We have Kawl, Gorlak and Pop hiding—Pop whom no one brought up until I did. Yes, me again.

Asking Nin and Ouro why the discrepancies in their voting and post content.

I’m taking this seriously, bro.

No, I take that back. me and Cabot are playing this game better than like a 1/3 of you. Cabot.

LP, please.

Ourobolus

Banned
No one was even semi-serious until Ouro wanted to talk about Kyan’s original post which barely anyone acknowledged – like, I agree the post of Kyan was mostly mind games but as a talking point it could’ve gotten us somewhere. Two people answered. Two. And who was that??—oh Kyan and me.

We have Kawl, Gorlak and Pop hiding—Pop whom no one brought up until I did. Yes, me again.

Asking Nin and Ouro why the discrepancies in their voting and post content.

I’m taking this seriously, bro.

No, I take that back. me and Cabot are playing this game better than like a 1/3 of you. Cabot.

LP, please.
How is there a discrepancy. I told you why I voted nin.

first nin and now melon? people usually dont start ignoring my posts until at least the second day.

Kawl_USC

Kawl hasn't posted. Probably still hungover from drinking himself silly after hearing about Clemson making the playoffs.

Hey fuck you pal

I am not.
I am actually just vanilla town.

With any one else I'd be mad about this dumb shit, and I'm back to the point where I'm going to treat nin like I would any other player which means not writing off all his weird shit as just being nin so

Vote: nin1000

I found Kyan's opening rather intriguing. Yet some details are missing from it in my opinion and the missing parts dampen the overall quality of the post.

The metacommentary is superb. In true KyanTM fashion, he opens up with a post that can be read in multiple ways. What sets this very post apart from his other masterpieces is the length of the post. Looking back, Kyan has never opened with such a lengthy post before, suggesting a change in... something. Though as for now, it is impossible to tell if the change is real or fabricated. Sorian offers an possible explanation in one of the few posts that touch on Kyan's opening: perhaps Kyan was looking to fill a hole left by Sorian. Knowing that Kyan in the past has done this kind of open jokes with his scummates, I would not be surprised by a Kyan-Sorian-other -scumteam.

In the post itself, Kyan touches on many of the common day one topics, ranging from claiming to no lynching. In a world without sarcasm, the latter especially could be seen as a very daring move, considering Kyan's past anti-no lynch stance. Like a true master of saying nothing with multiple words, Kyan also obfuscates the crowd by claiming all the possible alignments, though some of the alignments are only hinted at. He can, he must be viewed as both a friend and an enemy. A frenemy.

My personal issue with the post is the same great flaw from which Kyan suffers from. Conservatism. Kyan is known from his somewhat conservative, restricted and safe playstyle. While others might be more receptive to new and outrageous Blargoplans, such enthusiasm can not be expected from Kyan. The same idea applies to his opening post. The post reeks of age, as it does not comment on such fresh matters as peeking. This particular topic is one from which great discussion can be derived from and by overlooking it completely, Kyan exposes himself as a old man. Running the world. While the post could be overall considered a brilliant one, the lack of certain topics leaves a sour taste after one finishes reading the post.

The post also suffers from some minor errors; Ourobulussus in his quaint response to Kyan perfectly illustrates how the period after the word hi was completely unnecessary to the general tone Kyan wished to send with the end of his post. I'd give the post five carrots out of three strawberries.

Self analysis is my schtick bud. Get out of here.

Garbage in/out aside I'm reading kyan as town. He's post all this inane shit in the scum chat when he has it available.

So we're cool with nin, melon, and Sorian, barring Kawl coming in and saying something stupid?

Though I suppose it's possible for there to be only two scum + neutral.

Hey double fuck you bud.

Sorian's post about kyan feel off to me. I think any one really taking that first post seriously at all is getting lost in the weeds and really wouldn't expect Sorian to do so. His next post regarding kyan

Kyan, this and your other post, you're trying way too hard. I know you don't like being type cast as scum but this isn't helping either alignment, it's more annoying than anything.

Other contenders for acting just under the cusp of complete suspicion: Kyanrute- for the wifom of complete obviousness

I also find weird. Idk, i'm down with lynching sorian today tbh.

Melon brining stanley up out of nowhere before he posted was weird too. She's on my shit list.

Kawl_USC

Also the

team is x/x/x wrap it up is both melodramatic and boring

i hold ouro and sorian personally responsible

and ouro's just been posting hot garbage.

yea i know those in stone houses shouldn't throw glasses and all that but i call em how i see em

Ourobolus

Banned
Also the

yea i know those in stone houses shouldn't throw glasses and all that but i call em how i see em
join me in this glass house

we don't have any pants

Ourobolus

Banned
Also of course I am not saying those three are the scum team. But for now that is my scum list. I gave my expert D1 reasoning, and if anything changes I'll deal with it then.

Kawl_USC

or we could lynch scum gorlak

although this post of his might be onto something....

honestly, i'm down with lynching one of the less active players.

short game, short amount of data to work off of, day 1 is crap shoot any how, we can at least give ourselves more to work with as the game goes deep.

i think a scum who's talked a bunch is easier to catch out than one who hasn't all things considered equal as long as town doesn't latch onto someone as their unequivocal leader...which actually this is gafia, so nvm kill the actives save town from themselves

Ourobolus

Banned
although this post of his might be onto something....

honestly, i'm down with lynching one of the less active players.

short game, short amount of data to work off of, day 1 is crap shoot any how, we can at least give ourselves more to work with as the game goes deep.

i think a scum who's talked a bunch is easier to catch out than one who hasn't all things considered equal as long as town doesn't latch onto someone as their unequivocal leader...which actually this is gafia, so nvm kill the actives save town from themselves
There should really be a comma between scum and gorlak

Sorian

Banned
Toss up really. Neither has done anything.

Easy answer but they both played a fundamentally different hide game.

its ok stan. we can't all be Sorian.

Kiss ass.

Also the

Don't pretend this is some huge affair, it's a game with 2 scum unless we are dealing with some really weird curveball. To your other post which I didn't feel like cropping, how exactly am I getting lost in the weeds of Kyan's first post? I called it satire that should mostly be ignored.

Kawl_USC

Also of course I am not saying those three are the scum team. But for now that is my scum list. I gave my expert D1 reasoning, and if anything changes I'll deal with it then.

don't talk back to me you hillbilly

I can't remember if you were scum that last live mafia game but i'm still salty as hell about that

okay general question:

do people generally find day 1 more helpful in retrospect when votes are all out scattered around, or when its a more clear general 2 or 3 way horse race?

Kawl_USC

Kiss ass.

Don't pretend this is some huge affair, it's a game with 2 scum unless we are dealing with some really weird curveball. To your other post which I didn't feel like cropping, how exactly am I getting lost in the weeds of Kyan's first post? I called it satire that should mostly be ignored.

i don't mean it as some whole affair, i explicitly mean i just find the phrasing super fucking obnoxious. i think looking for team connections is the way to go obviously.

i meant your whole i don't want to get into this incase you actually do have a n0 role blah blah blah. gave that post more consideration than it was worth

Ourobolus

Banned

In what, this game? Because I only really care about how they act this game for the most part. I'm not gonna go dig up their past unless it's just something I remember offhand. I'm lazy.

I can't remember if you were scum that last live mafia game but i'm still salty as hell about that

okay general question:

do people generally find day 1 more helpful in retrospect when votes are all out scattered around, or when its a more clear general 2 or 3 way horse race?

Uhh...I was tanner and then scum in the last round of games I played. Forget which you were in, if it was either of those. If it was the one with your buddy, I was town.

As for D1, either is fine with me. D1 is usually useful to me AFTER D1.

Kawl_USC

nothing much. that is indeed true. Sorry mate did not want to come off that hard as Testy.

We have several players who are missing i dont really know how to deal with this atm since those who are here ( including me ofc ) are just babbling around.
Its just a weird situation because usually those mid-season games with 11 players are filled with trashtalk and 7 pages per 24 hours. Yet here we are with a lot of nothing :(

nin, there is an alternative between no posting and babbling as you call it.

does any one stick out to you thus far as a lean town thus far? more so than the rest of us I mean

first nin and now melon? people usually dont start ignoring my posts until at least the second day.

So you did, so you did:

its just damn weird, and im curious to see where it goes. i dont really think its scummy.

i would also say he has made himself an easy target, probably deliberately.

Waaaaaay after the fact.

How is there a discrepancy. I told you why I voted nin.

I'm not sure what you told me. You did answer though.

Melon brining stanley up out of nowhere before he posted was weird too. She's on my shit list.

Why is bringing up an inactive player (at the time) weird? Also, it got him to stop lurking so was wasn't pointless.

Kiss ass.

You haven't exactly impressed me in this game.
2016 is killing all the legacies. You could be next.

Kawl_USC

In what, this game? Because I only really care about how they act this game for the most part. I'm not gonna go dig up their past unless it's just something I remember offhand. I'm lazy.

Uhh...I was tanner and then scum in the last round of games I played. Forget which you were in, if it was either of those. If it was the one with your buddy, I was town.

yea, but you don't think that it's more worthwhile data one way or the other? if scum is the lone vote on a person when the lead vote getting only has 3 votes and 9 different people have votes, thats a different situation than them having a lone vote on someone when only 3 or 4 people have votes isn't it?

Kawl_USC

Why is bringing up an inactive player (at the time) weird? Also, it got him to stop lurking so was wasn't pointless.

Because he was only one of quite a few players who were inactive at that time if I'm reading the timeline correctly. Just seemed odd to call him out specifically.

Ourobolus

Banned
yea, but you don't think that it's more worthwhile data one way or the other? if scum is the lone vote on a person when the lead vote getting only has 3 votes and 9 different people have votes, thats a different situation than them having a lone vote on someone when only 3 or 4 people have votes isn't it?

I mean that's great and all, but you have to figure out if that person is scum first.

Kawl_USC

I mean that's great and all, but you have to figure out if that person is scum first.

well no shit dude, you almost always need the first block to start building, but generally one or the other might make you feel like given the first block a more conclusive path can be established.

i don't think its a stretch to say that scattered votes vs horse race provides different data sets further down the line. i think if they are different then generally one would be a favorable creation than the other.

i was curious as to how others felt, with your opinion being basically no position as far as i can tell

Ourobolus

Banned
singling him out doesn't seem like you like the poor fellow too much,

building off the annoying word choice in ouro's early posts saying X is good and dropping the pertinent word lynch from the sentence

meh. context clues are your friend.

well no shit dude, you almost always need the first block to start building, but generally one or the other might make you feel like given the first block a more conclusive path can be established.

i don't think its a stretch to say that scattered votes vs horse race provides different data sets further down the line. i think if they are different then generally one would be a favorable creation than the other.

i was curious as to how others felt, with your opinion being basically no position as far as i can tell

ok, if we're assuming that we eventually know what alignment that person is, then I'd rather it be a horse race. But I can deal with either.

does any one stick out to you thus far as a lean town thus far? more so than the rest of us I mean

Yes.

I would say exmachina and stan read the most town so far, probably nin too. Ouro seems consistent and I guess you're being a pro-active townie Kawl which gives me some confidence. I'm waiting for Sorian to wow me before I make any calls there.

If lynch an inactive player, I'd prefer Pop over Gorlak.

If we lynch from whom we think is scummiest--I'm for LP.

Kawl_USC

meh. context clues are your friend.

ok, if we're assuming that we eventually know what alignment that person is, then I'd rather it be a horse race. But I can deal with either.

I mean i generally gleaned it from the people you were spitting, but it might be nice to be a little clearer for rereads and future days duders.

and yes that is what i was pushing towards as an assumption. not knowing alignment provides basically no info which is normal, day 1 is useful as a retrospective once people's alignments are known, so aiming to maximize the retroactive useful ness etc etc

Kawl_USC

Yes.

I would say exmachina and stan read the most town so far, probably nin too. Ouro seems consistent and I guess you're being a pro-active townie Kawl which gives me some confidence. I'm waiting for Sorian to wow me before I make any calls there.

If lynch an inactive player, I'd prefer Pop over Gorlak.

If we lynch from whom we think is scummiest--I'm for LP.

aw come on make me work a little harder than that

consistency is overrated. inconsistency is atleast noteworthy but not generally super conclusive, intragame consistency flubs more meaningful than intergame ones

Sorian

Banned

okay general question:

Right now? Doesn't matter, tomorrow when we are hours from the deadline? Always more helpful for it to be two focused wagons.

i don't mean it as some whole affair, i explicitly mean i just find the phrasing super fucking obnoxious. i think looking for team connections is the way to go obviously.

i meant your whole i don't want to get into this incase you actually do have a n0 role blah blah blah. gave that post more consideration than it was worth

I'd have to disagree, I've seen a lot of dumb shit, I'm not going to ignore something because it doesn't deserve consideration or something.

100% this game. Pop ghosted where as Gorlak isn't playing but wants us to KNOW that he isn't playing, there is a big difference there.

Kawl_USC

kawl how do you recognize my stuff as garbage when i end up with the same scum list as you

and to be fair, garbage is all relative to what you can personally aspire to. i just expect more out of you than i've seen.

i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed.

well i'm also made for the cruel and unnecessary jabs earlier

and the humiliating loss to clemson and their playoff seeding isn't helping any.

Ourobolus

Banned
and to be fair, garbage is all relative to what you can personally aspire to. i just expect more out of you than i've seen.

i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed.

well i'm also made for the cruel and unnecessary jabs earlier

and the humiliating loss to clemson and their playoff seeding isn't helping any.

heh

well i'll just say one thing

i sometimes keep my reasoning close to the chest

don't want the suspects to suddenly change their behavior until I get more info

Karl do you have any thoughts on anyone of the people not currently engaging you in conversation (i.e. inactives, coasters)?

Also if you were a tree what kind want you be and where?

Stanley this question isn't open to you, sorry.

Kawl_USC

heh

well i'll just say one thing

i sometimes keep my reasoning close to the chest

don't want the suspects to suddenly change their behavior until I get more info

i will concede that that is valid, and probably a flaw in my own play style/approach.

Kawl_USC

Karl do you have any thoughts on anyone of the people not currently engaging you in conversation (i.e. inactives, coasters)?

Also if you were a tree what kind want you be and where?

Stanley this question isn't open to you, sorry.

great thanks zorian, look at what you've done now. it's spreading

if i didn't mention someone in that first post, they didn't really jump out at me in any way during the read over, and since they aren't here engaging in a back and forth they remain out of sight out of mind.

and just a totally chill out orange tree man.

Kawl_USC

Right now? Doesn't matter, tomorrow when we are hours from the deadline? Always more helpful for it to be two focused wagons.

I'd have to disagree, I've seen a lot of dumb shit, I'm not going to ignore something because it doesn't deserve consideration or something.

100% this game. Pop ghosted where as Gorlak isn't playing but wants us to KNOW that he isn't playing, there is a big difference there.

Yes i mean come end of day. i certainly don't mean getting people to toe a line right now, those horse races are far more enlightening when they at least begin organically.

yea sure, but have to keep in mind the player as well when it comes to dumb shit, and kyan's borderline defining characteristic is his drunken half swedish half english weird posts.

Top Bottom