• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Flame_AC

You seemed sarcastic. Obviously that is the concern

Oh. It's a problem that I don't like the solution to, but it is a solution. Kawl's death will be an unfortunate side-effect of our scheme.

I know why he claimed it when he did, especially since he claimed it based on my actions, but it'd too bad it wasn't kept a secret.

Oh. It's a problem that I don't like the solution to, but it is a solution. Kawl's death will be an unfortunate side-effect of our scheme.

I know why he claimed it when he did, especially since he claimed it based on my actions, but it'd too bad it wasn't kept a secret.
Still not following. You said to shoot Gorlak immediately. Allowing scum to gang up on kawl. And that is a solution how?

Flame_AC

Still not following. You said to shoot Gorlak immediately. Allowing scum to gang up on kawl. And that is a solution how?

I said to shoot Gorlak immediately, not remembering the Kawl problem. The solution right now is to stack all of our votes on whoever we want lynched, then shoot someone else. That'd allow us to not have to waste a kill on Kawl, right? Or am I messing something up?

Kawl_USC

I said to shoot Gorlak immediately, not remembering the Kawl problem. The solution right now is to stack all of our votes on whoever we want lynched, then shoot someone else. That'd allow us to not have to waste a kill on Kawl, right? Or am I messing something up?

That's what we discussed last night yea.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Sophia (2)
Kawl_USC
flatearthpandas
Gorlak

Flame_AC (1)
StanleyPalmtree

Kawl_USC (0)
Flame_AC

No Lynch (0)
Kawl_USC

4 votes needed for majority

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1463259600.png

Flame_AC

It's not going to help you guys if you lynch me. I'm AbsoluteBro, the broiest bro there is. Ordinary Town.

The scum includes Gorlak/someone.

It'd too late to lynch him though.

Sophia

The only thing I worry about Flame is the fact that he engaged in all those hypotheticals. Doesn't seem like a very smart idea for scum....

Flame_AC

The only thing I worry about Flame is the fact that he engaged in all those hypotheticals. Doesn't seem like a very smart idea for scum....

And your response to my scenarios are what make me think you probably aren't scum, the smart play is to just let the day cruise to its end. But of course, as has been said before, if both of us are town then we have a problem.

Sophia, if you're so town vote for yourself and avoid the tie we're in danger of. If anyone ties it, you're dead tomorrow. If you're town, gg on losing the game.

Fuck this, I want to know if it was my banana. We have enough room for error. Sorry, I'm at a home party right now so I won't reply to the theories right now.

Vote: Sophia

Stanley, don't shoot anyone tomorrow until we discussed who the right target is.

Sophia

Sophia, if you're so town vote for yourself and avoid the tie we're in danger of. If anyone ties it, you're dead tomorrow. If you're town, gg on losing the game.

I think we should probably just stay the course and avoid vote shenanigans with five minutes left.

Seeing as we're all here, why AREN'T we considering Gorlak today?

RetroMG

The partiers are at a David Copperfield show (performing nightly at the MGM Grand at 7:00pm and 9:30pm with a bonus Saturday afternoon show, tickets starting at only $121). The enthralling magic is a welcome departure from a bachelor party that has been anything but normal.

RobotNinjaHornets is trying to stay awake after spending a long night at the strip club. Slumped in his seat, he barely notices a bright light illuminating him from above. Is it an alien abduction? Are they taking me to Mars? Should I tell Missy? Come to think of it, did I even get Missy’s number last night? Aww man, I’ll have to go back…

“RNH, go up there.”
“Huh?”
“They picked you for the next act.”

RNH stands as the audience applauds. He follows a smiling assistant up onto the stage, where Copperfield (holder of 11 Guinness World Records) awaits.

“Hello, and what’s your name?”
“Uh, RobotNinjaHornets.”

Forbes’ most commercially successful magician of all time blinks. “That is an interesting name. Mr. RobotNinjaHornets, please put on this vest. It’s bulletproof.”

In the audience, the party members whimper and lean back in their seats, looking around fearfully.

The 21-time Emmy winner chuckles. “Oh don’t worry, he isn’t getting shot. Not here, anyway. I’m going to make him disappear, and reappear in a politically unstable climate in the Middle East. I’ll bring him back if he’s in any danger.”

The man knighted by the French government waves his hands, and RNH vanishes in a puff of smoke. The audience cheers wildly.

After the applause dies down, the Library of Congress Living Legend waves his hands again. But nothing happens.

“Hmm technical difficulties. I’ll have to end the show for tonight. Don’t worry, I’ll bring him back. I swear it on my Hollywood Walk of Fame star!”
The curtains close and the orchestra plays. The audience is too perplexed to cheer or boo.

“What just happened?”
“The 2-time Magician of the Year as voted by the Academy of Magical Arts made RNH disappear permanently?”
“Hope he’s okay, but we’ll have to go on without him.”

Sophia has been removed from the party.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

You are RobotNinjaHornets. Imagine if you combined the 3 parts of your name? The stealth of a ninja, the fearless precision of a robot, and the sting of a hornet. It'll make a chimera look boring. You could sneak up behind your target and sink your pointed stinger up its... where was I? Oh right.

You are Ordinary Town. But that’s okay, mom says you’re special.

You are here for Swamped's fiancé's bachelor party, a celebration before he's permanently recruited to Swamped's team (alignment unknown). In your inebriated stupor, you notice that not everyone is who they seem to be. You can't have anyone ruin the party, so you have been entrusted with the power to VOTE for someone every day in order to remove them from the party. You would get more responsibilities, but you're partaking in borderline-illegal activities that will render you broke and destitute. Voting is pretty much all you're capable of at this point.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Day 4 has ended

Day 5 will begin in:
red_1463346000.png

Sorian

Banned
After leaving the MGM Grand (and getting their money back for the abbreviated show from some hack magician), the group returns to their hotel.

“Can you believe that fraud owns 11 islands in the Bahamas?”
“Poor RNH.”
“Elevator’s here.”

Somehow they all pile into one elevator. At the 12th floor, they squeeze their way out.

“Everyone here? Nice. See you tomorrow.”

No one has been removed from the party

4 votes are needed for majority

Day 5 ends in:
blu_1463518800.png

Flame_AC

Alright.

12. StanleyPalmtree [m]
9. Royal_Flush [m]
7. Kawl_USC [m]
6. Gorlak [m]
5. flatearthpandas [m]
4. Flame_AC [m]

Kawl what did you get during the night? FEP, who'd you track and see?

Flame_AC

I'm thinking we want to stack all of our votes onto RF and then have Stanley shoot Gorlak. I know that requires you all believing me, but it's the truth.

I'm not scum, wasting one of today's actions on me is going to lose us the game.

Flame_AC

Thinking of hypotheticals, what if scum has a roleblock and it is able to block Stanley's day kill. Or at least that's what he claims, then what do we do, lynch him?

Flame_AC

I'm not necessarily asking you, I want to know, in general, if FEP watched you.

Do you think that it should be Gorlak and I who die today?

Flame_AC

I'm spitballing ideas at this point.

What if Gorlak/FEP are the two remaining scum. Is there anything we know that confirms FEP other than him and Gorlak's matching actions?

Because right now, FEP can come in and say that he saw Kawl visit Stanley, because that's what Kawl said he did, not really a test of his claim.

Kawl_USC

I'm spitballing ideas at this point.

What if Gorlak/FEP are the two remaining scum. Is there anything we know that confirms FEP other than him and Gorlak's matching actions?

Because right now, FEP can come in and say that he saw Kawl visit Stanley, because that's what Kawl said he did, not really a test of his claim.

Gorlak has in no way been the one to verify FEP. That's all me. FEP saw me visit Gorlak N2.

Flame_AC

And really, that's a question I want all the people left to answer.

Who are the last two scum, not including me? Because that's the question y'all will have to contend with.

Kawl_USC

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Answer this: Who are the last two scum?

And for the sake of argument, assume I am not one of them (which I'm not).

Roles in game:
Droplet - Ordinary Town
Nukedeggs - Ordinary Town
Zipped - Mafia 2 shot tracker
Squidyj - Ordinary Town
Gryvan - Ordinary Town
CrimsonFist - Town Beloved Virgin
Sophia - Ordinary Town

Remaining:
Kawl - Town Hated Role Cop
FEP - ??? X-Shot Watcher (soft confirmed by seeing me visit Gorlak)
Royal Flush - ??? Fruit Vendor (and I'll be having words with game designers after this if this roles items actually do something)
Gorlak - ??? Ordinary
Flame_AC - ??? Ordinary
Stanley - ??? Day Vig (almost certainly town)

Only one I haven't personally seen as a result is FEP. Could a JOAT be possible and he decided to leverage that into posing as a town watcher. Possible.

We've been working on the assumption of 3 scum in a 14 player game probably with one goon, I think thats a decent assumption looking at numbers and especially seeing how weak town is.(Role cop worst cop, virgin can have negative utility, though pairing it with beloved modifier makes it a bit better as he can have that confirmed and be trusted when he says something bad will happen if he's lynched, day vig is hit or miss, etc).

I find it a bit hard to swallow scum would only have a 2 shot tracker for a PR though. I really thought Sophia would flip as scum PR and make this situation make more sense.

Flame_AC

Yes, I still believe there's two more to go as well.

But you didn't say, who, excluding me, are the last two scum, because I am not one of them and everyone working on that assumption is going to lose us the game.

Flame_AC

Is it likely to be RF? Probably not I guess, the real fruit vendor would have counterclaimed by now. We don't actually know however, that the vendor is a town role. It could very well be scum, given that they didn't know what it would do, it's certainly plausible what happened with Zipped.

Flame_AC

If Stanley performs his day shot as expected, following the will of town, he's probably town as well. There is no logical reason for him to have played the way he has otherwise.

Kawl? His checks have so far been correct, but they could have been faked. His statement on me came after I claimed. Gorlak had his claim as well and so, if Kawl was scum, could infer that RF woud be the fruit vendor.

Gorlak - Probably scum.

Kawl_USC

If Stanley performs his day shot as expected, following the will of town, he's probably town as well. There is no logical reason for him to have played the way he has otherwise.

Kawl? His checks have so far been correct, but they could have been faked. His statement on me came after I claimed. Gorlak had his claim as well and so, if Kawl was scum, could infer that RF woud be the fruit vendor.

Gorlak - Probably scum.

Actually Gorlak simply stated that he hadn't taken an action N2, not that he was ordinary.

Flame_AC

Also, while answering my question. Could you say what you got back when you investigated me Night 1, what does it say my role is?

Kawl_USC

Since you're here. You still haven't answered the question.

On that point, one might be able to infer he was ordinary. Most roles are active every night.

The point is that he was going out of his way to not state whether or not he was an ordinary. Let's try to not be coy, yes?

And frankly I'm not really interested in going around and around with you. I'll wait for some others to actually check in.

Top Bottom