• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

franconp

Fran, am I still in cahoots with Kark and Saw

I just want to know who I should be playing ball with

Saw, Kark, remember what we discussed in our chat

I'm just doing this for Cabot. He really liked when I do all this crazy theories so it's a good way to honor his memory.

I really don't understand how you want to give it to someone you want to lynch, but not to me.

I fit the bill perfectly, and this isn't even counting the benefit from the roleflip

Call it gut feelings. I don't like how you are soo eager to get the role. Also, you are not stupid. If you did all of this you have something to gain. I don't know what it is by I won't take chances.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm just doing this for Cabot. He really liked when I do all this crazy theories so it's a good way to honor his memory.

Call it gut feelings. I don't like how you are soo eager to get the role. Also, you are not stupid. If you did all of this you have something to gain. I don't know what it is by I won't take chances.

vote for Ouro

I know you want me lynched

Karkador

Banned

I do have something to gain, that's obvious, and I'm not gonna deny that. But it has nothing to do with automatically winning if I have the Director role.

acohrs (0)
ccs 105 (475)
acohrs 128 (431)

karkador (0)
ourobolus 255 (317)

ccs (1)
acohrs 431 (473)
ourobolus 583

ourobolus (0)
swamped 440 (504)

sawneeks (3)
acohrs 473
ccs 475
theexodu5 515

natiko (3)
faddy 482
swamped 504
kawl_usc 564

No votes today:

Verelios
Natiko
Kalor
franconp
Lone_Prodigy
Zippedpinhead
Karkador
Burbeting
exmachina64
Seath
Fat4all

Day 1 ends:

tur_1485381600.png

Banned
If we are to believe CSS' about being immune to the infection then is it possible that the director doesn't gain a immunity to the infection?

Sawneeks

Banned
If we are to believe CSS' about being immune to the infection then is it possible that the director doesn't gain a immunity to the infection?

Possibly, there is no reference to any other ability in the Director's role so it's likely they are just as susceptible to infection as the rest of us.

franconp

Also Fran you never answered my question to you:

Kark asked the same question. My answer is at the top of the page.

Also there is a difference between "someone who I don't mind lynching" and "someone I want to lynch".

The role could be useful to town until a certain point where it could be dangerous. At that point I don't want to have seconds thoughts about lynching the Director.

Banned
Possibly, there is no reference to any other ability in the Director's role so it's likely they are just as susceptible to infection as the rest of us.
Hm, in that case

VOTE: CSS

I'm going to believe CSS' role claim and I trust him to be the director. We won't have to worry about him becoming infected, which is better then voting for someone who potentially could get infected. He's also bulletproof, so he shouldn't be able to die at night either. CSS' role is best suited for the role of the Director.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hm, in that case

VOTE: CSS

I'm going to believe CSS' role claim and I trust him to be the director. We won't have to worry about him becoming infected, which is better then voting for someone who potentially could get infected. He's also bulletproof, so he shouldn't be able to die at night either. CSS' role is best suited for the role of the Director.

try again

franconp

Also the override was just an example. I don't want to give it to Kark because I don't trust anything he said so far except when he said he had something to gain a while ago.

Karkador

Banned
I believe plenty of people already gave their reasons why, but a particularly good one is insurance.

Insurance? Not sure I follow. I'm the one offering insurance, by being the safest bet to get rid of the Director role, while it's still too early for me to make a dangerous difference. Also I'll be lynched.

People haven't made a clear argument about me. They have argued both for and against me getting Director. They have argued that I've told the truth and not told the truth.

There is no consensus, which makes me wonder what exactly Lone Prodigy is agreeing to.

Sawneeks

Banned
Insurance? Not sure I follow. I'm the one offering insurance, by being the safest bet to get rid of the Director role, while it's still too early for me to make a dangerous difference. Also I'll be lynched.

People haven't made a clear argument about me. They have argued both for and against me getting Director. They have argued that I've told the truth and not told the truth.

There is no consensus, which makes me wonder what exactly Lone Prodigy is agreeing to.

I'm fairly certain everyone here agrees we are lynching you the next Day Phase regardless of whether you are telling the truth or not.

If you're telling the truth then you are Scum and should be lynched.
If you're lying, well, you're lying and we would never be able to trust a word you said afterward.

For vs Against and whether or not you're telling the truth is what's up for debate.

Karkador

Banned
I'm fairly certain everyone here agrees we are lynching you the next Day Phase regardless of whether you are telling the truth or not.

If you're telling the truth then you are Scum and should be lynched.
If you're lying, well, you're lying and we would never be able to trust a word you said afterward.

For vs Against and whether or not you're telling the truth is what's up for debate.

If I'm not the Director, lynching me tomorrow will be a very bad idea for Town. Director will get a completely free day to advance to a more powerful state.

Ourobolus

Banned
If I'm not the Director, lynching me tomorrow will be a very bad idea for Town. Director will get a completely free day to advance to a more powerful state.

What? If you are scum supposedly you'll get more powerful tomorrow. Of course we are lynching you tomorrow, regardless of Director.

Faddy

Banned
Catching up. I'm very happy with my vote for Natiko has gained some traction. It feels like a safe spot for director.

CCS, I don't know about this claim at all. It seems too perfect to be director if you can only be town lynched. Like Kark's claim it just doesn't feel 100% right.

If Sawneeks wins, I am ok with this now after initially being put off by contemplating handing Director to Kark. But I went early with Nakito to establish an alternative to crazy plays for the role so I'm going to stick it out.

Natiko

Banned
Kark, you're not getting picked for Director. You've simply said too many contradictory things and it's clear you are in some fashion deceiving us.

I'm really not sure who I want to vote for. The only people actively pushing to get the role are Kark, CCS, Saw, and Ouro. Saw is the only one I would put a vote on of the four but I don't feel strongly inclined to do so after her follow-up posts since getting some votes. Kark is scum. Ouro has been a bit all over the place with his opinion which is making me question his motives. I believe CCS's claim and it fits my criteria for who should be elected, but I don't think he will act in town's best interests.

I will get a vote down before day end as I know there's been some talk of concern over whether everyone can vote due to the wording about feral Infected.

I believe Kark when he says he's Infected. It's a crazier gambit then, say, claiming ordinary town (no loss if he dies) and vowing to never vote as Director to lessen the uncertainty. Since we're all safe for today, a lot can happen between now and a D2 lynch.

Still, no one makes that sort of claim ("hey guys you know your win condition? THAT'S ME") without some sort of contingency/failsafe. It's like the villain who pleads with the hero to spare them just so they can reach for their hidden weapon (and justify the hero messily ending their life so that we don't get a boring trial/imprisonment and lazy sequel with the same cast).

I'm also skeptical of the infected win condition. So the meter has to hit 10. If that's 10 infected, we have 20 players and to expect half to be infected (notwithstanding NKs/lynches) is absurd. I think it's more feasible that a Level 2 infected counts as "2" on the scale.

TheExodu5

Banned

According to you, your'e going to hit a random person tonight. And yet you seem so sure that the director will become infected.

How on earth is leaving a confirmed scum alive safer than killing the director who has a 1/19 chance in becoming infected tonight?

Your posts have been incredibly contradictory.

Top Bottom