• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Your Directorship Potentials:

Natiko (4)
Faddy #482
Swamped #504
Kawl_USC #564
Fat4all #700

Sawneeks (3)
acohrs #473
CCS #475
TheExodu5 #515

CCS (2)
acohrs #431 #473
Ourobolus #583
11037 #634 #638
11037 #638

Karkador (0): Ourobolus #255 #317

acohrs (0): CCS #105 #475, acohrs #128 #431

Ourobolus (0): Swamped #440 #504

No active vote for Day 1: Verelios, Natiko, Kalor, franconp, Lone_Prodigy, Zippedpinhead, Karkador, Burbeting, exmachina64, Seath, Sawneeks

Day 1 ends:
tur_1485381600.png

Automated vote tally here

Sawneeks

Banned
I feel like I've entered Bizzaro Gafia because I'm actually agreeing with Kark.

>.>;;

Which is why we lynch you tomorrow and then lynch the Director soon after.

And this is one of the biggest issues I have with giving the Director to someone else. If we do this, that's 3 straight Day Phases we will have our lynches set up for us. No arguing over the who or why, just the cut-and-dry 'we will lynch this person today'.

And in the meantime we get NKs coming our way and possibly more Infected. If anything we need to be extremely vigilante this game and having our lynches lined up in a nice row is not how to do it.

And before Fran jumps down my throat, no I'm not suggesting we let Kark live. I just don't like how we have this whole 'we'll deal with it later' mentality when it comes to the Director. I can think of a few games where 'we'll deal with it later' ended up costing Town the game.

what, do have some secret information again saying there's more scum now besides you today?

Kark does have a point, we don't know what the death ratio is every Night Phase. We could lose 1 person per Night or we could lose 2 - 3 people per Night. We could hit LyLo at Day 4 or we could hit it at Day 6, we won't know until we get past the first Night. Saying 'well let's worry about it during Day 4' might actually be too late to 'worry' about it.

This is a non-issue that I will plainly admit. Of course I have something to gain from this. It benefits Town, too. Why would I be doing this otherwise? I'm not throwing the game.

You are throwing the game, Kark, that's the main issue here. If you are Scum you are playing directly against your win condition here and that's where a lot of us take issue.

Answer me this: Why did you want to initially be Director and what did you aim to gain from claiming?

Remember, CCS is claiming he can't be killed and can't be Infected. So, aside from the fact that he has a lot in common with an Infected by that description, how would you ever verify that claim?

...He also has a point here too. CCS now claims he won't ever be killed at Night and can't be infected, we don't have any way to prove him unless we have a Cop on hand who can check him. So if CCS lives for a while he has a 'convenient' excuse as to why.

I still think he is telling the truth just based on his track record but it is something I've thought about.

Ourobolus

Banned
My issue with Kark is that he's claimed scum, which leads me to believe he is not telling the whole story. Makes me wonder what giving him the Director role will actually achieve for him.

Verelios

For the record, I'm not against voting for Natiko and will grudgingly accept a CCS director bid even though I don't believe his claim. Partly because I don't think he's infected, partly because even if he's neutral I'm going to want him dead by day 3.

Natiko

Banned
Saw - given everything we have seen claimed and using logic what do you think Kark gains from this? Do you think he would make this play with the intention of throwing the game? Unless the answer is yes then you know it isn't as simple as he says.

Karkador

Banned
Again, from what I know and what has been claimed the situation does not seem to be so black and white. We can do this song and dance forever but again - picking you when we have no guarantee that you will be removed D2 means we could very easily end up in the exact situation you have already been clamoring to avoid.

You doubt I can be lynched D2? Because that's extremely unlikely.

So your stance is that you looked at the game and thought "Well I'm the only scum so how about I run for Director and then get lynched or cured, despite the fact that either of those two options could occur regardless of my status. Oh also, fuck you scum team. I want to lose!"?

Well, that's partially right

Of course you would support Sawneek's plan because your entire day has been spent trying to convince us in any way you can to make you Director.

If Sawneeks is Town, I don't support her plan, either.

I have stated more than enough at this point for people to see my stance and know my thoughts on the subject.

Yes, and I do hope people are paying attention. With that said,

CCS has not contradicted himself repeatedly nor does he seem to be deceiving us.

There was also like no reason for him to roleclaim whatsoever, so the intention of him doing it smells as much as me. This bullshit about "he always claims early" is really just that, bullshit. If I don't coast by on metagame, nobody does.

The wording he has used in his claim combined with what I know makes me think there's truth to what he says. I just think I am a better choice despite that and that CCS has a history of playing fast and loose with his opinions.

How much can you know today, anyway?

Natiko

Banned
Kark -

CCS has legitimately done this in every game he plays. I'm not saying it's a good or smart play, but it is what he does. If I was "giving him a pass" on it then I'd just be voting him for Director and wishing him much success. Instead CCS has shown in previous games and this game as well that he does not have the best judgement.

As for my information I haven't alluded to nearly as much knowledge as you have, yet somehow you're skeptical that I could know much. What does that mean for all of your claims. Again, I stand by my stance on what we should do for Director and I stand by what I've said about possible mechanics and roles present in this game.

Karkador

Banned
CCS has legitimately done this in every game he plays. I'm not saying it's a good or smart play, but it is what he does. If I was "giving him a pass" on it then I'd just be voting him for Director and wishing him much success. Instead CCS has shown in previous games and this game as well that he does not have the best judgement.

This is not good reasoning. I can't accept games in other universes as evidence for why that move wasn't pointless and fishy. So, if CCS gets a pass because he's done that in other games, do I get a pass, too?

Natiko

Banned
This is not good reasoning. I can't accept games in other universes as evidence for why that move wasn't pointless and fishy. So, if CCS gets a pass because he's done that in other games, do I get a pass, too?
Okay let's break this down since you're trying to twist words around.

CCS has made honest claims before that we're stupid to do, but honest. He has done something that follows his MO this game and based on the phrasing of his claim I find that with those two things together I believe him. My belief of his claim extends BEYOND just the fact that he has made day one claims before that turned out to be true. Regardless he made a bad play and his judgement cannot be trusted. Thus I will not be voting for him.

You have made extreme gambits before. You have done something this game that follows your MO. Based on your various claims and the contradictions within them I believe that you are doing exactly as you have before - making an extreme gambit. It is not a good play and your statements of being a pro-town Infected cannot be trusted. Thus I will not be voting for you.

In both cases I think you're both living up to exactly what is expected. In his case his has a history of being honest, in yours they have a history of being complicated and generally are not clear cut. Do you seriously not see the difference there? And in both cases neither of you is "getting a pass" as you keep repeating.

Karkador

Banned
I'm asking you to eschew history, not to explain the difference.

CCS cannot be excused by metagame rationale. The claim was weird, and I'm not the only one who pointed that out.

You're being trusted with the Director power, with that kind of reasoning?

Natiko

Banned
I'm asking you to eschew history, not to explain the difference.

CCS cannot be excused by metagame rationale. The claim was weird, and I'm not the only one who pointed that out.

You're being trusted with the Director power, with that kind of reasoning?
I swear it's like you're not reading the full posts. Based on information I have parts of what he said check out. It's not just metagame rationale. Seriously go back and read my posts I have mentioned this already.

Natiko

Banned
I have not seen a consistent MO for CCS, care to explain what you're seeing?

I actually fully believe CCS, his description of it checks out. That being said I don't trust him at all to make wise decisions. You wear your heart on your sleeve too much amigo.

Because I believe there's enough information there to verify that he's not just completely making it up. He also has a history of claiming his role early. Nothing about his revelation surprised me. Why should we not believe CCS yet trust you when you've said far more conflicting things than anything CCS has? I'm not voting CCS because of his play style. It has nothing to do with doubting his claim. I just think there are better options for us still.

CCS has not contradicted himself repeatedly nor does he seem to be deceiving us. The wording he has used in his claim combined with what I know makes me think there's truth to what he says. I just think I am a better choice despite that and that CCS has a history of playing fast and loose with his opinions.

CCS has made honest claims before that we're stupid to do, but honest. He has done something that follows his MO this game and based on the phrasing of his claim I find that with those two things together I believe him. My belief of his claim extends BEYOND just the fact that he has made day one claims before that turned out to be true. Regardless he made a bad play and his judgement cannot be trusted. Thus I will not be voting for him.
The consistent MO is obviously referring to previous games. It's the bolded that I'm referring to when I have to repeatedly tell you that my belief in his claim comes from more than meta.

What are your thoughts currently doctor? Is it a bad outbreak?

My current thoughts are I don't trust Kark claimed scum or not. There seems to be a lot missing there in what he is and isn't sharing with us. Not convinced his is scum. I would not vote him to be director.

Natiko, from what I've read thus far, continues a track record of being level-headed and solid in terms general content and analysis. I am leaning town here and would be acceptable candidate for director.

Ouro is making me uneasy, but that could just be meta.

CCS is being his usual self. Not sure how I feel about this bulletproof claim.

I think it is interesting that Fran is one of the only two (at least in my initial reading) that has rejected director. He cites wanting to survive whereas Saw's reasoning is a bit more involved feeling ultimately she could at least trust herself.

Acohrs's gif game is on fire.

I need to read more still.

CCS

Banned
Right, I've had a quick look over last night's posts. Lots of posts about me but I don't know if anyone actually needed/wanted a reply from me on any of them. Apart from that didn't see any significant developments.

Sawneeks

Banned
Welcome Dr. Melon. \o/

My issue with Kark is that he's claimed scum, which leads me to believe he is not telling the whole story. Makes me wonder what giving him the Director role will actually achieve for him.

Saw - given everything we have seen claimed and using logic what do you think Kark gains from this? Do you think he would make this play with the intention of throwing the game? Unless the answer is yes then you know it isn't as simple as he says.

So I had this whoooole thing typed out answering both of you but I decided...nah.

I'm apparently not being clear on my position or idea and discussing it now will get us nowhere but a lot of pointless bickering. Not to mention I highly doubt I can go through with my idea and get people on board anyway. I'll answer directly if somebody would like me to but for now:

Vote: Natiko

Because I like what I've seen so far and self-voting is a no-no.

franconp

I think it is interesting that Fran is one of the only two (at least in my initial reading) that has rejected director. He cites wanting to survive whereas Saw's reasoning is a bit more involved feeling ultimately she could at least trust herself.

Well, several others has decided to change their nomination when they finally realized that being the Director is more like a burden than a benefit. Most likely he/she won't live beyond D4 and the benefit for town is very low. It's a role that it's more effective near game end but it's also more dangerous. So there's no way we will allow it to live long. Why would I want that? I think it's more weird how people are eager to get the role.

acohrs

Don't have a clue. Kark must have a twist in the tail but I can't fathom how this works out for him. Everyone else is noisy and I don't have clear thoughts on any of them. I have 2 town reads (Natiko and Franconp) but then apparently everyone is town apart from Kark.

Scotland are going to sandbag the 6N so the Warriors can win the Champions Cup. 2 wins, Italy plus either Ireland or Wales

You're not beating the arguably best team in the NH mate, I say that as an England fan

acohrs

Aww thank you buddy, you're far too kind :)

In a good mood this morning, don't know why but feel great.

I tell you what isn't making me feel great. This election stuff. Saw's been flip-flopping a bit last night and it worries me. I see Natiko as a bit more headstrong and would stick to his guns, makes him more predictable, consistent, and less of a risk, all PROS.

Then again the ability to question oneself is a good sign for leader, leads to debate and a changing viewpoint. Saw would definitely weigh up all options from every angle before voting. Then again, analysis paralysis.

Hmm, not sure about my vote now. Saw, any reassurance that you can provide would be great pls thnks,

acohrs (0)
ccs 105 (475)
acohrs 128 (431)

karkador (0)
ourobolus 255 (317)

ccs (2)
acohrs 431 (473)
ourobolus 583
11037 638

ourobolus (0)
swamped 440 (504)

sawneeks (3)