• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Karkador

Banned
According to you, your'e going to hit a random person tonight. And yet you seem so sure that the director will become infected.

How on earth is leaving a confirmed scum alive safer than killing the director who has a 1/19 chance in becoming infected tonight?

Your posts have been incredibly contradictory.

"Can be" doesn't mean they will, but the chance is there, and that uncertainty is even worse than knowing for sure that the Director was open to infection. Town will spend the rest of the game arguing over it.

Ourobolus

Banned
"Can be" doesn't mean they will, but the chance is there, and that uncertainty is even worse than knowing for sure that the Director was open to infection. Town will spend the rest of the game arguing over it.

Which is why we lynch you tomorrow and then lynch the Director soon after.

franconp

Town doesn't need to keep arguing about it. If what you said is true we will always know how many scum players there are, so we just need to add 2 to that amount. When that number is becoming a little dangerous we just lynch the Director.

Karkador

Banned
Town doesn't need to keep arguing about it. If what you said is true we will always know how many scum players there are, so we just need to add 2 to that amount. When that number is becoming a little dangerous we just lynch the Director.

Are you forgetting what you just told me a moment ago about the Infected numbers creeping up and the Infected Director having a lot more power with 3 votes?

Fat4all

Banned
Are you forgetting what you just told me a moment ago about the Infected numbers creeping up and the Infected Director having a lot more power with 3 votes?

And town would still have the numbers to get rid of them easily, even on day 4 or 5.

Fat4all

Banned
How do you know?

what, do have some secret information again saying there's more scum now besides you today?

I followed your information, analized by both fran and Saw earlier. If today starts with one scum, they gain a scum a day and kill a random town at night.

Up to day 5 we'd still be able to outvote an infected Director and the other three scums votes (there's only 4 scum on day 5 since on day 2 you'll be gone).

Ourobolus

Banned
Considering you claim to be Infected, yet want to "help Town," yet you are clearly not divulging information on the mechanics of the game, doesn't make me want to really take you all the seriously, Kark.

Karkador

Banned
Considering you claim to be Infected, yet want to "help Town," yet you are clearly not divulging information on the mechanics of the game, doesn't make me want to really take you all the seriously, Kark.

That's all I've been doing, how crazy is that claim

franconp

That would be if I actually believed you and I'm not. I don't believe that the infected grow exponentially. I think that's just another of your lies. I think it may be closer with the theory that I and several others had at the beginning of the game: One kill and one infection per day, and that's a lot already and town should have several ways to be overwhelmed by the infected (and if CCS isn't lying he already misused one). If the game follow that pattern it wouldn't be so hard to know when the Director role is dangerous to town (as we would know all the time the number of infected there is).

This is like one of those days where town catches scum but they don't turbo until the end of the day.

Remember that Kark initially offered to "help Town".

Natiko

Banned
Because your entire claim is built upon the idea that the Director is a risk because he could be turned to Infected. Well what if someone is elected who can't? Or someone is elected who can be healed? For someone so confident they could be healed you sure seem skeptical that literally anyone but you could manage. You say the risk of giving it to someone else that could become infected is too high. Well, you are already Infected. You've also said you have something to gain from this. You've also been caught repeatedly lying as there's no other way to explain all your contradictions. If CCS is bulletproof and infection proof perhaps you're lynchproof and thus you're making this bold play. There's no reason for you to do this as scum besides having an out.

Karkador

Banned
Because your entire claim is built upon the idea that the Director is a risk because he could be turned to Infected. Well what if someone is elected who can't?

You would have to take just as much of a leap of faith with that person as with me

Or someone is elected who can be healed?

That would be me. I think a Director getting infected later in the game would be much less likely to WANT to be healed.

For someone so confident they could be healed you sure seem skeptical that literally anyone but you could manage. You say the risk of giving it to someone else that could become infected is too high. Well, you are already Infected.

You are not understanding the fundamental problem that the Director's impact grows as the game progresses. Likewise, the power of the Infected grows, too.

I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that. If the Director is Infected to start with, it's a lot less dangerous than if they're Infected even a few days from now. There are players proposing to lunch the Director "sometime later". Think about what that means!

You've also said you have something to gain from this.

This is a non-issue that I will plainly admit. Of course I have something to gain from this. It benefits Town, too. Why would I be doing this otherwise? I'm not throwing the game.

You've also been caught repeatedly lying as there's no other way to explain all your contradictions.

Nobody has the answers

If CCS is bulletproof and infection proof perhaps you're lynchproof and thus you're making this bold play. There's no reason for you to do this as scum besides having an out.

Why believe anything about CCS's claim, a claim even weirder than mine (when you look at it mechanically)? Don't compare any of that mess to me. I don't buy his claim at all.

franconp

This is the strangest point of Kark's claim. There's no reason for him to ally with town that I can think of. Absolutely none.

That's the main point in this. I don't think he started this game hoping to lose. Kark made a bold claim, he must know that he would be lynched day 2 as there is no way he can regain town trust after claiming scum. So the payoff must be big.

There are two options (I don't think he would claim infected to catch the real infected, it's a dumb plan): he must have an objetive he can complete between Night 1 and Day 2 and win the game before we can lynch him or he is part of a group who has to fulfill an objetive and he claiming scum would make them a lot closer to win the game.

Either way he or they don't have town best intention in mind. That's why it's a bad idea to give the role to him or someone who is close to him.

Natiko

Banned
Why believe anything about CCS's claim, a claim even weirder than mine (when you look at it mechanically)? Don't compare any of that mess to me. I don't buy his claim at all.
Because I believe there's enough information there to verify that he's not just completely making it up. He also has a history of claiming his role early. Nothing about his revelation surprised me. Why should we not believe CCS yet trust you when you've said far more conflicting things than anything CCS has? I'm not voting CCS because of his play style. It has nothing to do with doubting his claim. I just think there are better options for us still.

Karkador

Banned
Because I believe there's enough information there to verify that he's not just completely making it up.

Alright, how will CCS's claim ever get verified? Explain.

He also has a history of claiming his role early.

If we're gonna do that, then pull up a chair and let me tell you about the plays I've made in games before.

franconp

This is a non-issue that I will plainly admit. Of course I have something to gain from this. It benefits Town, too. Why would I be doing this otherwise? I'm not throwing the game.

Why would you benefit town if you are scum? I just don't understand anymore. The worst is that we can't kill him now so day 2 will be the same as this except Kark trying to not get lynched.

So, what do you gain? Just say it. You have already claimed and given a lot to us, just share it with us. Let us decide if it benefit us.

Karkador

Banned
Remember, CCS is claiming he can't be killed and can't be Infected. So, aside from the fact that he has a lot in common with an Infected by that description, how would you ever verify that claim?

Natiko

Banned
I see you stealth editing. Lets try this again.
You would have to take just as much of a leap of faith with that person as with me
There's one person in this game I won't have to take a leap of faith with at all. If we end up going with someone else at least I know there's a chance we can handle what comes to prevent this power from going to the Infected. With you it will already be in Infected's hands.

That would be me. I think a Director getting infected later in the game would be much less likely to WANT to be healed.
And their desire would be relevant how? I don't think they can control how everyone in this game uses their powers. Irrelevant point entirely.

You are not understanding the fundamental problem that the Director's impact grows as the game progresses. Likewise, the power of the Infected grows, too.

I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that. If the Director is Infected to start with, it's a lot less dangerous than if they're Infected even a few days from now. There are players proposing to lunch the Director "sometime later". Think about what that means!
Unless you end up having a way to survive. If you're scum then there's literally no reason for you to have sided with town. I will never, ever vote in favor of you.

All of this is assuming you can be healed which I'm fairly certain you cannot be. Why would I believe an Infected's words that have been shown to be contradictory and lies over what I myself know?

Nobody has the answers
I don't have all the answers but I know enough to not trust you and to see that you're being deceptive.

Natiko

Banned
If we're gonna do that, then pull up a chair and let me tell you about the plays I've made in games before.
From what I've gathered you've made crazy gambits. CCS doesn't, he just claims and then trusts acohrs. That's his whole schtick. He doesn't create extravagant lies.

Remember, CCS is claiming he can't be killed and can't be Infected. So, aside from the fact that he has a lot in common with an Infected by that description, how would you ever verify that claim?
Considering almost every game of Gafia has had ways to check or verify people's roles or alignments I'm going to guess at least one of us has a way to check. Don't be naive.

Karkador

Banned
I see you stealth editing. Lets try this again.

I messed up the quote tags, dont take dumb pot shots like this

There's one person in this game I won't have to take a leap of faith with at all.

Yes, that's very precious, talking to us like we're new to this game. Nobody else can trust you, that's the nature of the game.

If we end up going with someone else at least I know there's a chance we can handle what comes to prevent this power from going to the Infected. With you it will already be in Infected's hands.

Alright, let me try explaining this to you again.

- The Director is more powerful as the game goes on and players get eliminated. That is as plain of a fact as you can assume about mafia. Three votes counts more with less people.

- Doublevotrrs, triple voters, overrides, etc are generally NEGATIVE UTILITY for Town. You don't have to agree, but generally speaking, this type of role is more trouble than it's worth.

- If Infected gets the power early on, they are holding something less powerful. If they get the power later on, they are holding something a lot more powerful.

- If an Infected Director came forward early on, Town can try to deal with it. The power is weak, and Town may have tools to convert the Infected.

- A Director becoming Infected late in the game is not gonna let you know they got Infected. Town will be screwed.

I will never, ever vote in favor of you.

Giving me Director is arguably not even doing that. It's a role that needs to be discarded.

Karkador

Banned
Considering almost every game of Gafia has had ways to check or verify people's roles or alignments I'm going to guess at least one of us has a way to check. Don't be naive.

Those are not a guarantee, especially when the game has a Infected counter baked into the mechanics

Kawl_USC

Kark you inability to grasp why someone would find you suspicious/disagree with your positions continues to be your largest failing as a mafia player. It's bizarre to me to see in such a competent player otherwise.

Karkador

Banned
From what I've gathered you've made crazy gambits. CCS doesn't, he just claims and then trusts acohrs. That's his whole schtick. He doesn't create extravagant lies.

Also,history shows that I actually rarely bullshit people about my alignment and intentions.

Karkador

Banned
Kark you inability to grasp why someone would find you suspicious/disagree with your positions continues to be your largest failing as a mafia player. It's bizarre to me to see in such a competent player otherwise.

It's ridiculous, man, I'm telling you people I'm Infected and you don't believe me. You must be extremely convinced I'm Town.

Natiko

Banned
I messed up the quote tags, dont take dumb pot shots like this
Nothing I said was a "dumb pot shot". Chill.

Yes, that's very precious, talking to us like we're new to this game. Nobody else can trust you, that's the nature of the game.
Obviously, but that doesn't preclude the fact that I can personally know what choice is best of the ones presented so far.

Alright, let me try explaining this to you again.

- The Director is more powerful as the game goes on and players get eliminated. That is as plain of a fact as you can assume about mafia. Three votes counts more with less people.

- Doublevotrrs, triple voters, overrides, etc are generally NEGATIVE UTILITY for Town. You don't have to agree, but generally speaking, this type of role is more trouble than it's worth.

- If Infected gets the power early on, they are holding something less powerful. If they get the power later on, they are holding something a lot more powerful.

- If an Infected Director came forward early on, Town can try to deal with it. The power is weak, and Town may have tools to convert the Infected.

- A Director becoming Infected late in the game is not gonna let you know they got Infected. Town will be screwed.
And let me present this to you again:

-You say you are Infected.

-You say we should make you Director because you can either be cured or lynched.

-This same thought process applies to everyone beyond you. We also have no way of knowing the full extent of what you're hiding.

-Based on the two stages of Infection, I find it very likely that once someone is stage two they cannot be healed. If they could they would flip on their entire scum team and ruin the game. You will be/already are stage two. Period. There is no saving you, whereas a player that is currently not infected at all would still have a window of being able to be cured.

-I also believe that there are roles that would be better able to withstand the risk being made Director brings. Handing it directly to a CLEARLY LYING Infected seems about as dumb of a choice as we could make. If you're so sure that we should give it to you then please, by all means go ahead and explain why you've contradicted yourself so much? Why have you been caught lying multiple times if you're "helping us"? I mean man, for someone that has said the infection spreads at random you sure seem to like to say the Director would be targeted.

Giving me Director is arguably not even doing that. It's a role that needs to be discarded.
So your argument is you're scum..that wants to be town..but you also think we need to kill you? Then why did you previously try and argue we should heal you and that you'll then remain town? Again, it seems clear to me you're trying to sow confusion. You have some form of protection and know that you won't be immediately dealt with. This is why giving you the Director role is a horrible mistake. If you have no backup, no plan, no protection then your play makes no sense. Period. Are you saying my assumption should be that you're bad at playing this game? I don't think you are, and that's why I won't buy into your plan.

Those are not a guarantee, especially when the game has a Infected counter baked into the mechanics
Nothing you're saying is a guarantee either. Which seems more likely - one or more people in this game can check alignment/role or that you magically know not only that you can be healed but at what stages you can be healed and that it's permanent?

Natiko

Banned
It's ridiculous, man, I'm telling you people I'm Infected and you don't believe me. You must be extremely convinced I'm Town.

I never said I disagree that you're Infected. I disagree with your plan. I disagree with the conflicting details you have provided.

Karkador

Banned
Obviously, but that doesn't preclude the fact that I can personally know what choice is best of the ones presented so far.

Do you actually understand it? Because if people elect you (and it's sort of going that way), and then you're Infected later on, you are likely to hold on to that power and hide your Infection.

Even if people COULD check you, are they gonna check you every single round to make sure you didn't turn evil? The rest of the Infected will run amok. It's a waste of time.

This power is a problem, and you can't see it. Dump the Director.

#DumpTheDirector

And let me present this to you again:

-You say you are Infected.

-You say we should make you Director because you can either be cured or lynched.

-This same thought process applies to everyone beyond you. We also have no way of knowing the full extent of what you're hiding.

No, because again, the timing of it all. You make me Director now, and I'm a whelp with little power who gets killed D2, and you have rid the game of this problem role.

If the Director becomes Infected later, it's a much bigger problem for Town. How many times do I have to repeat this; this is deduced from what everybody knows about the game so far. It's not something I'm making up as scum.

-Based on the two stages of Infection, I find it very likely that once someone is stage two they cannot be healed. If they could they would flip on their entire scum team and ruin the game. You will be/already are stage two. Period. There is no saving you, whereas a player that is currently not infected at all would still have a window of being able to be cured.

You've only even thought of this based on things I've said. Are you being selective with what you believe from me?

-I also believe that there are roles that would be better able to withstand the risk being made Director brings. Handing it directly to a CLEARLY LYING Infected seems about as dumb of a choice as we could make. If you're so sure that we should give it to you then please, by all means go ahead and explain why you've contradicted yourself so much? Why have you been caught lying multiple times if you're "helping us"? I mean man, for someone that has said the infection spreads at random you sure seem to like to say the Director would be targeted.

I have explicitly told you guys clearly - the infections are random, otherwise this question about the Director is completely pointless to argue. If you don't believe that, just vote someone you want Infected and get this over with.

The randomness of it doesn't remove the uncertainty and suspicion that the Director may be Infected.
It doesn't matter that the probability of one player getting RNGed is 'low'. The fact that they COULD be infected is enough to fear that they are. It will become a discussion-consuming shitshow for the rest of the game until they're gone or the game is over.

You have some form of protection and know that you won't be immediately dealt with.

Yes, it's called "I can't be lynched Day 1, because we're doing this instead"

This is why giving you the Director role is a horrible mistake. If you have no backup, no plan, no protection then your play makes no sense. Period. Are you saying my assumption should be that you're bad at playing this game? I don't think you are, and that's why I won't buy into your plan.

Look, you're free to believe that, and I'm not gonna spell my game out for you 100%, but you could say this about any player, especially any player currently running for Director.

I maintain that I have atleast been the most forward, informative, and promising of the group. If you don't think "Let's get rid of this awful Director role" is a plan, I don't know what you'd say about everybody else's plans.

Even the most fleshed out plan so far, Sawneeks's, she dismissed as a joke.

Sawneeks

Banned
Just got home, give me a second to catch up.

If you're talking about my initial bid for Director then yes, that was a joke.

My idea to make you Director and Lynch you to get both out of the way was not a joke and I still feel it's the best plan going forward. But multiple people have already shot it down and you are very clearly hiding something else so I've dropped the idea.

Natiko

Banned
Do you actually understand it? Because if people elect you (and it's sort of going that way), and then you're Infected later on, you are likely to hold on to that power and hide your Infection.

Even if people COULD check you, are they gonna check you every single round to make sure you didn't turn evil? The rest of the Infected will run amok. It's a waste of time.

This power is a problem, and you can't see it. Dump the Director.

#DumpTheDirector
I know full well what this power grants and what it can cause. I know it paints a target on my back. I clearly stated multiple times what I think is important to consider when picking a Director. Given that I think I am the best choice. There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise as you are already Infected and considering I do not know what your role entails fully nor do I know if there is another role in this game that could somehow assist you. You are already the worst case scenario.

No, because again, the timing of it all. You make me Director now, and I'm a whelp with little power who gets killed D2, and you have rid the game of this problem role.

If the Director becomes Infected later, it's a much bigger problem for Town. How many times do I have to repeat this; this is deduced from what everybody knows about the game so far. It's not something I'm making up as scum.
Except there's no reason you would make this play if your desire was to get lynched D2. You've already said as much. "Well maybe I can be cured!" "I can help town!" All of these can't be true while also maintaining how you're the best choice because you're a "whelp" that can be killed D2. If there is some way to cure you (Note: Pretty sure there isn't) then you could be cured regardless of if you're Director.

You've only even thought of this based on things I've said. Are you being selective with what you believe from me?
No, I thought this based on the opening post from Dusk that clearly outlines it. You also want to act like you're the only player that has any info in this game and that we should all trust you, the admitted Infected.

I have explicitly told you guys clearly - the infections are random, otherwise this question about the Director is completely pointless to argue. If you don't believe that, just vote someone you want Infected and get this over with.

The randomness of it doesn't remove the uncertainty and suspicion that the Director may be Infected.
It doesn't matter that the probability of one player getting RNGed is 'low'. The fact that they COULD be infected is enough to fear that they are. It will become a discussion-consuming shitshow for the rest of the game until they're gone or the game is over.
Again, from what I know and what has been claimed the situation does not seem to be so black and white. We can do this song and dance forever but again - picking you when we have no guarantee that you will be removed D2 means we could very easily end up in the exact situation you have already been clamoring to avoid.

Yes, it's called "I can't be lynched Day 1, because we're doing this instead"
So your stance is that you looked at the game and thought "Well I'm the only scum so how about I run for Director and then get lynched or cured, despite the fact that either of those two options could occur regardless of my status. Oh also, fuck you scum team. I want to lose!"?

Look, you're free to believe that, and I'm not gonna spell my game out for you 100%, but you could say this about any player, especially any player currently running for Director.

I maintain that I have atleast been the most forward, informative, and promising of the group. If you don't think "Let's get rid of this awful Director role" is a plan, I don't know what you'd say about everybody else's plans.

Of course you would support Sawneek's plan because your entire day has been spent trying to convince us in any way you can to make you Director. Even causing contradictions in the process as you trip over yourself making claims. This is going in circles. I have stated more than enough at this point for people to see my stance and know my thoughts on the subject. If there are people that want to vote you then so be it. If there are people that vote for me great. If people want to vote for another member of town that's fine too, at least it's better than voting for an Infected that is being deceitful.

Then where's your condemnation for CCS? Bulletproof and immune from Infection?
CCS has not contradicted himself repeatedly nor does he seem to be deceiving us. The wording he has used in his claim combined with what I know makes me think there's truth to what he says. I just think I am a better choice despite that and that CCS has a history of playing fast and loose with his opinions.

Fat4all

Banned
Giving it to CCS is tempting, but I'd much rather have someone like Ouro or Nat be Director, considering how they both handle themselves. I know they will be more reasoned and less-shitposty with the role.

VOTE: Natiko

Top Bottom