• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicalis teasing a physical release of Cave Story on Nintendo Switch.

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/831357617603620864

Nicalis, Inc.
‏@nicalis

What if #CaveStory had a physical release on #NintendoSwitch?

C4mTS22VUAAsQp0.jpg

I actually never got around to playing this, despite owning numerous systems this has been released on. I'd probably bite

Hope it's the Wii cave story rebuild and not the original. Haven't played the newer version while beating the original a couple times
Though it's weird since it feels like he's been teasing a new Cave Story project for awhile. Hope it's not another remake while giving the old version a physical release

MrFortyFive

Between this and 1001 Spikes they're killing it with the "what if" box art. Already preordered Isaac and Redout. I'd be happy to add this to the list (and 1001 Spikes. Please let me buy all your games on Switch Nicalis).

hatchx

Banned
That's an incredible boxart.
I already own cave story and I might just have to buy it again.

These dev's are making it real hard to go digital on the switch.

Jims

Collector value, ahoy!

Seriously though, Cave Story is one of those very rare games that I don't mind buying over and over and over again. Such a charming game, love seeing them keep introducing it to more and more platforms and audiences. Make it happen!

legit question, what has the dev made since this? :| really enjoyed the original and all but I'd like to play a new game from them

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That looks fucking great. Assuming it's the most complete of the releases out there (ie: includes the 3DS eshop additions, as well), then there's basically no way I won't buy this.

Zubz

Banned
How many Cave Story ports would this be now? I think they've reached Rayman 2 & Earthworm Jim levels of being ported to almost everything. Maybe they're gunning for Tetris levels?

plidex

The Binding of Isaac must be getting healthy preorders. I barely touched for PS4 and I preordered for the Switch for two reasons, lack of games and beautiful physical edition.

Collector value, ahoy!

Seriously though, Cave Story is one of those very rare games that I don't mind buying over and over and over again. Such a charming game, love seeing them keep introducing it to more and more platforms and audiences. Make it happen!

No kidding. The cave story 3DS game w/cover sleeve is the most valuable game in the 3DS library. At least in the US

Nanashrew

Banned
legit question, what has the dev made since this? :| really enjoyed the original and all but I'd like to play a new game from them

Ikachan on 3DS. It's one of his earliest games so it's very short. He also recently made Kero Blaster which you can get on Steam.

Top Bottom