• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

rulerk1

so apparently an attacking Soldier can get on top of the building/crosswalk section of the last point on Gibraltar. Sent a message to him asking how he did it. Never would have thought to do that

The randoms today, good lord. I blame every PS4 person not online to fill up our group.

Disconnected from server in the last game, thankfully it was in the beginning so the game got cancelled. Still got penalized but whatever, I'm Ned so it doesnt matter :p

I will be on later, I'll join if I see a big group, otherwise it's persona time.

The randoms were disgusting today.

antitrop

How fast people can tilt, I guess.

I had one guy on my team earlier that played really well and was communicating and everything, we had an easy win, then half an hour later I get him on my team 3 games in a row and he's throwing.

Veelk

Banned
The randoms today, good lord. I blame every PS4 person not online to fill up our group.

I'll be on later today. I don't know if my SR is good enough to play ranked with you guys (Currently at 2240, but I'm slowly on the rise with my non-fucked controller), but I can keep contribute in QP atleast.

I'll be on later today. I don't know if my SR is good enough to play ranked with you guys (Currently at 2240, but I'm slowly on the rise with my non-fucked controller), but I can keep contribute in QP atleast.

That's plenty enough to play with us. Especially after this afternoon.

Skii

What a shit excuse.

Is Reaper considered a troll pick yet? We had some brutal ones today.

Pretty much. He's largely useless unless for some reason a Winston is hard carrying and no one can Roadhog properly.

Like he's not on the Symm attack/Torb attack level but I've had plenty of games where someone picks Reaper and everyone begs them to switch or completely blames them if we lose a round/fight.

Chance

You just have to be so damned sneaky to be effective with Reaper. Which is, y'know, hard when he's thumping around in his boots and announcing that he's teleporting above you.

Reaper needs to be in position to catch teams coming around corners, through doors and such - not easy when a lot of the lineup is so mobile.

Skii

the main problem with reaper is that he's supposed to counter tanks but hog and dva shut him down hard

And Reinhardt (if you look at how a fight plays out). High charge Zarya destroys Reaper as well. Always remember he was the worst DPS in the tank meta and has never recovered. It's been more than 4 months since he's been terrible so I'm hoping Blizzard announce some much needed changes on Tuesday.

And Reinhardt (if you look at how a fight plays out). High charge Zarya destroys Reaper as well. Always remember he was the worst DPS in the tank meta and has never recovered. It's been more than 4 months since he's been terrible so I'm hoping Blizzard announce some much needed changes on Tuesday.

Reaper isn't in the best place right now but there are definitely some use cases for him, even though the roadhog hook is a hard counter, if you catch a roadhog hiding and healing you can really pump some serious damage.

Match winning ult too

My matches today have been all over. Had the 4 minute Overtime stallfest in Anubis that we barely won thanks to Winston and a buttload of Mercy ults. Had the Hollywood where the 3 stack thought they were too good to Heal/Tank so we ended up with a comp of Torb/Junkrat/Hanzo/Soldier/Widow/Lucio and still won handily. And 2 matches where people just randomly DCed out of nowhere

AbaFadi

Banned

I think Jeff the other day said that changes to him would be minor and that they think he's fine right now.

I think Reaper is somebody who ebbs and flows as the meta does. An example when Ana's Nano Boost is used to give the movement speed buff, we were seeing a lot of Reaper in play at the time. The more we see Winston, the more we see Reaper. Reaper is a fantastic counter to Winston. I do think we'll see more Reaper as the meta shifts around. With that said, we're trying some stuff internally on Reaper right now. I don't know if it will see the light of day or not, but it's internal only right now, and it's very minor. Just a little bit of quality of life issues that we're trying to pick up with him. I think Reaper is not in a terrible spot.

The whole interview here: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/overwatch-...ffs-nerfs-reinhardt-reaper-lucio-more-1615469

Top Bottom