• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

exYle

Ok, someone explain this to me.

Twice now, in a handful of days, have I had matches on Gibraltar that never went past the first point. Both times I was on defense first and felt good about a strong first point defense. Then my team goes full fucking retard and we cannot beat a less-than first point defense.

What the fuck? Does no one know how to play that map? Or how to switch?
I blame Orisa.

Honestly I don't think it matters what characters we pick as long as we're comfortable in the role... the problem is no one is 100% comfortable in the DPS role in the group last night lol

You had one mediocre game with tracer and you were done with her :(, I don't blame you as being the main DPS in the group last night is stressful. We have a lot of tank/support presence in the group. And not enough DPS mains, yes I think all of us can play at least one DPS character, but I'm not sure how comfortable we really are in the role when pressured to do it.

I blame our losses and the tie on both LiK and Komaru (our DPS saviors), Komaru get's a pass because he physically wasn't at his PS4 last night.

I love playing DPS (besides Sombra and McCree, but there's no need to play them). I will always pick last, that's why I usually play support or tank.

But I'm liking hog so much lately that sometimes I'd rather play him. He's like a fat dps.

I don't think anyone got tilted last night? Except for maybe Ned, it's hard to tell when the mic is off :p

Hollywood against hanzo/widow, got tilted there :p

But other than that I enjoyed our games a lot.

Owzers: Tank/Support (great rein/mercy, suspect Sym)

lol

me: Tank/Support (mainly played Zarya last night)

Really liked your Zarya, you're pretty good.

Who was it that used to play Genji? Thinking like Season 2 maybe?

Genji was my most played character in s2 but I don't remember if I was already playing with you guys around that time.

Buttchin plays Genji too.

^ Play Hog more. I don't believe we have a Hog main in our group.

Yeah I probably will. And in this case is one less character for ultima to worry about most of the time since I have self-healing.

I also have to try bastion more often on attack in some maps, yesterday was amazing in Hanamura. I just camped in the 2nd floor while the team was fighting on the point and it was like target practice lol

I think he can also work pretty well on payload maps with some cheesy strat.

Owzers

I had a good sym game in qp where we went 5 support and Torb point a hanamura defense. The el dorado sym bad game was a fluke!

My Pharah game is getting better.

Last night's Dorado map definitely was not the time to show her off tho due to them just being completely anti air with McRee and Soldier.

This was very satisfying to finally get.

HardSimplisticKitty.gif

Shredderi

It's kinda annoying getting put in a 5-premade when they won't pick a tank. Almost always if I pick the tank we get rekt because the team will only heal their irl friend instead of me, their tank. Also fuck the thing that happens where you are visibly on the point, capping it but the game won't register it and decides to end the match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably because they want to farm golden weapons. I have no other explanation for why people would play Comp instead of QP when they aren't trying to win.

Even then, you still need wins to get CP. It makes almost no sense.

qp gives you fucking awful team makeups and some horribly mismatched rankings when you look at career profiles

qp is kind of an awful mess even if you dont care about winning. everyone is using it to 'practice' widowmaker, genji, hanzo, mccree. and they all just happen to be on hour 100 of 'practice'

antitrop

Enemy team has a smurf Pharah with a Mercy duo, we're only running 1 hitscan, and the rest of team thinks up every other reason why we're losing, but never once mentions the Pharah.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DevilDog

qp gives you fucking awful team makeups and some horribly mismatched rankings when you look at career profiles

qp is kind of an awful mess even if you dont care about winning. everyone is using it to 'practice' widowmaker, genji, hanzo, mccree. and they all just happen to be on hour 100 of 'practice'

Nice

HiiiLife

Finally got partied up with a legit Hanzo player. He was fucking the enemy team up.

Only took a year of matchmaking blizzard. Gg.

Enemy team has a smurf Pharah with a Mercy duo, we're only running 1 hitscan, and the rest of team thinks up every other reason why we're losing, but never once mentions the Pharah.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This happens all the time. I have no idea what causes this phenomenon, but I feel like studies are in order.

snack

Have any of you guys ran into aimbotters/wall hackers? I've probably sunk 200+ hours on the PC version of this game, and only ran into one so far. And it was a goddamn Widow. lol

antitrop

This happens all the time. I have no idea what causes this phenomenon, but I feel like studies are in order.

It happened again 2 games later. Thankfully we were able to pull out a draw on Volskaya this time, but jeez, today is "don't deal with the Pharah" day.

Have any of you guys ran into aimbotters/wall hackers? I've probably sunk 200+ hours on the PC version of this game, and only ran into one so far. And it was a goddamn Widow. lol

Multiple times, almost always at night.

One time someone aimbotted with Orisa (lol). Dunno what they were thinking there

first game of the day. did qp. defend dorado. picked mccree. them easy picks. lol

i didn't fail on the flash and kill. got to improve headshots and accuracy,.

antitrop

It feels good getting the enemy team from last game on your team the next game and the first thing they say in team voice "Oh, we got the good Mercy this time".

I love playing DPS (besides Sombra and McCree, but there's no need to play them). I will always pick last, that's why I usually play support or tank.

But I'm liking hog so much lately that sometimes I'd rather play him. He's like a fat dps.

As long as we all can agree that someone might have to go hitscan against the pharah, I don't care who plays what role :p

God damn it

Anybody gonna be on at 10 PM MST? (In 7 hours) I'm legit back in the 2500s and it is agony

As a west coaster I know the feels :(. I get off work in a couple of hours, I'll try and get on around that time range.

Anne

Every time I pick Widow in QP one of these things happens:

I wipe the enemy team effortlessly and they all leave before the map finishes
I go for some real dumb shots and wipe the team, get called a hacker in the potg cam
I fail miserably at killing people who stand still even and shamefully switch

Every now and then people give me legendary cards cause they got bopped, but that's rare. It's usually one fo the top 3 with nothign in between lol

darklin0

Banned
That's better than getting Top500, tbh
I don't think there is a better feeling.

I go for some real dumb shots and wipe the team, get called a hacker in the potg cam

Every now and then people give me legendary cards cause they got bopped, but that's rare. It's usually one fo the top 3 with nothign in between lol

Are we the same person? lol

Paltheos

Once, against a McCree/Tracer/Widow (on PC). That one time was enough for me to learn: If someone's aimbotting, I'll know it. When someone's legit cheating, it's obvious enough for there to be no doubt of it.

Anne

Once, against a McCree/Tracer/Widow (on PC). That one time was enough for me to learn: If someone's aimbotting, I'll know it. When someone's legit cheating, it's obvious enough for there to be no doubt of it.

Nah. There are lots of aimbots where it's really hard to tell if real or not. You don't see those a lot at lower elo, they usually use the cheaper and easier to notice ones, but it is a thing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nah. There are lots of aimbots where it's really hard to tell if real or not. You don't see those a lot at lower elo, they usually use the cheaper and easier to notice ones, but it is a thing.

Some for example, and more like Halo's Aim Assist then a full on Aimbot. Typically the full on ones don't last long, since it's too noticeable.

I missed a close up shot with window. And they stood still. Lmao I was embarrassed​ and just ran away
I do a lot better if they are moving though but my ping may be a bit high. Wonder how it is if it was a little lower

antitrop

I started out the day with 2 losses and a draw, but then I was able to turn that into a 5 win streak and get back up to my season high (3880).

Top Bottom