• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MG310

Took a break for a half hour after the 0-4 start, ended up going 6-8-1 for the night. 2217 now.

Two losses right at the end. First ended with a Soldier and Mercy arguing because the Mercy didn't solo resurect him with his Ult. right at the end and then I got matched with them again and the argument carried right over into the Eichenwald match.

What's the consensus on sound barrier when you're in graviton? So often it just gets melted instantly and feels like a waste.

I wouldn't use it. I use it for pushes or when I suspect enemy ults are incoming.

At that point either we make it out of the gravitron or we don't. It would be just a wasted ult.

Miro... lol

What's the consensus on sound barrier when you're in graviton? So often it just gets melted instantly and feels like a waste.

I just don't use it if there is a Pharah on the enemy team. Otherwise I will always use it unless the fight is already lost.

Edit: Thinking about it I should also use it even with a Pharah, someone outside of the graviton can kill her before the barriers get destroyed.

exYle

You online? I wouldn't mind some games, was gonna go play weeaboo 5, but I can get on OW instead.

Yessir I am.

Finally won one because the other team fucking left hahaha

Trying to get back into competitive hoping to come across people who know how to play the objective. First round on attack, see two people picked hanzo, widow, and mccree. Thankfully it was a short game.

Got paired with the same group again...still hanzo, mccree, widow.

Rogan

Banned
Trying to get back into competitive hoping to come across people who know how to play the objective. First round on attack, see two people picked hanzo, widow, and mccree. Thankfully it was a short game.

That's 90% of my games.

I don't belong in the 2200~ pool, its just so shitty. Most players aren't even level 50.

Tonight feels like national jank night in Diamond/Masters. Running into so many comps with Symmetra/Junkrat/Torbjorn for some reason, getting so many draws

The highlight cut a second too early, but lul

3OP01Ii.gif

I just have to admire the Rein coming from off screen.

Cappa

Banned
I'm ready for some serious overwatch this weekend since next week for Easter I won't have Internet and I'll use that time to catch up on my back log Hahah

Banzai

There's trickery afoot. I was at 2480. Got in a match with close to even SR average. I won. I only got 10 SR.

Why do you want me to stay in Gold, Blizzard?

I lost the match right after. -22.

HiiiLife

the feels when the people you know irl always try to party up with you but they genuinely suck at team comp and don't care to switch characters depending on the situation...

And not having the balls to say yo what the fuck dude...

feelsbadman...

Owzers

It's time I played dps in comp, I am now a reaper/Sombra/junkrat/pharah main. I can't hide behind characters I'm better at to avoid my dps duty just because I want to win games.

komaruR

the feels when the people you know irl always try to party up with you but they genuinely suck at team comp and don't care to switch characters depending on the situation...

And not having the balls to say yo what the fuck dude...

feelsbadman...
Time to use that appear offline button. Or man up and tell them they suck but if it's qp then play with them. Just not comp.

It's time I played dps in comp, I am now a reaper/Sombra/junkrat/pharah main. I can't hide behind characters I'm better at to avoid my dps duty just because I want to win games.

With our group's expertise, I fully believe we can win with a 5 DPS-1 Healer six stack. We just have to believe.

If you actually wanted to play DPS then I hope you would.

I like seeing you play non Rein characters.

This MoonMoon stream is pretty entertaining right now.

He plays Roadhog well but so loosely that it's great to watch. Backdooring, diving, generally just doing whatever is fun.

Paltheos

Repeating myself: Anyone who believes they genuinely don't belong in low Gold should just insta-lock Roadhog. Players at that level lack the situational awareness to not run around in the open, even when they know there's a Roadhog on the other team. I speak from personal experience. If you're still losing consistently, you're a Gold player.

I'd also like to recommend Zen - I did great with him on most levels of Platinum - But I think I'm kinda theorycrafting here. He's a very straightforward character - Harmony Orb focus the slipperiest or strongest player on your team (you've gotta watch for this, but the kill feed helps here, as does some stronger-rated player teaming up with a weaker friend since relatively good DPS can solo-carry). Discord Orb and shoot down otherwise. The bulk of my advice for picking Zen seems to boil down to 'just shoot down the opposition so why not DPS?' but the selective support Zen provides helps allot.* Like Hog it still boils down to you though. I'll add though that in my experience, I prefer Zen on 'attack anything' and also, Discord focus Pharah (or Mercy if Pharmercy), because people at this ELO can't hit her.

*Edit: To elaborate on this, I prefer Zen to Lucio at that ELO because solo-carrying can be a thing (for the people you Harmony Orb) and the power of Zen is largely something you can maximize by yourself. Lucio for instance might be an objectively better pick, but because speed boost may not be used to its fullest at that skill level and his own DPS is kinda sketchy, you're relying allot on your teammates.

If you actually wanted to play DPS then I hope you would.

I like seeing you play non Rein characters.

Same, just have fun. If you feel like it's time to drop the shield and pick another character just do it. You already do that when the other rein ults, so why not do it for a good reason instead?

And that way you can also serve as a scapegoat. It all works out for the team.

But seriously, play whoever you want. I feel like playing Rein in our group is way harder than it should be, I admire you for always picking him.

This MoonMoon stream is pretty entertaining right now.

He plays Roadhog well but so loosely that it's great to watch. Backdooring, diving, generally just doing whatever is fun.

I like when he wastes his ult in a corpse lol

Owzers

Same, just have fun. If you feel like it's time to drop the shield and pick another character just do it. You already do that when the other rein ults, so why not do it for a good reason instead?

And that way you can also serve as a scapegoat. It all works out for the team.

But seriously, play whoever you want. I feel like playing Rein in our group is way harder than it should be, I admire you for always picking him.

I'm going to block a Rein ult and save the clip, then play it over and over again pretending it's a different match each time.

Haha. He's targeting Tracers right now and they almost invariably get tilted and start focusing his Roadhog.

Watching OW makes me want to play OW. Maybe tonight.

...But Zelda...

I'm going to block a Rein ult and save the clip, then play it over and over again pretending it's a different match each time.

Yes. Make a good screenshot and flip it / filter it. Post here every so often with it. "Blocked another, boyz!"

Got paired with the same group again...still hanzo, mccree, widow.

Are you platinum? Platinum is like this constantly.

If you ask them to switch by saying please then they throw the game because "you are flaming me".

LiK

It's more fun to have fun in comp.

I though our more laid back games yesterday felt better and also led to better results.

We won more than we lost, and every single game felt winnable.

I'm always encouraging people to have fun in Comp. When people get tilted, that's when things go wrong.

Moon2SMUG

NAIIIISUUUU~~~

It's more fun to have fun in comp.

I though our more laid back games yesterday felt better and also led to better results.

We won more than we lost, and every single game felt winnable.

Honestly I don't think it matters what characters we pick as long as we're comfortable in the role... the problem is no one is 100% comfortable in the DPS role in the group last night lol

You had one mediocre game with tracer and you were done with her :(, I don't blame you as being the main DPS in the group last night is stressful. We have a lot of tank/support presence in the group. And not enough DPS mains, yes I think all of us can play at least one DPS character, but I'm not sure how comfortable we really are in the role when pressured to do it.

I blame our losses and the tie on both LiK and Komaru (our DPS saviors), Komaru get's a pass because he physically wasn't at his PS4 last night.

I'm always encouraging people to have fun in Comp. When people get tilted, that's when things go wrong.

I don't think anyone got tilted last night? Except for maybe Ned, it's hard to tell when the mic is off :p

LiK

Honestly I don't think it matters what characters we pick as long as we're comfortable in the role... the problem is no one is 100% comfortable in the DPS role in the group last night lol

You had one mediocre game with tracer and you were done with her :(, I don't blame you as being the main DPS in the group last night is stressful. We have a lot of tank/support presence in the group. And not enough DPS mains, yes I think all of us can play at least one DPS character, but I'm not sure how comfortable we really are in the role when pressured to do it.

I blame our losses and the tie on both LiK and Komaru (our DPS saviors), Komaru get's a pass because he physically wasn't at his PS4 last night.

Hehe, I'll be back next week.

NAIIIISUUUU~~~

How is it possible that DPS is the role no one wants? lol

I played Tracer in 3 out of 6 games, and we went 2-1. I wasn't done with her, but I won't play her every game either. And instalocking DPS just feels dirty even if I'm with 5 people who want me to do it. Isn't ND a good soldier? More of that please.

And yea, Komaru and or Lik would have fit in nicely, it seemed out randoms never wanted DPS either.

I played Tracer in 3 out of 6 games, and we went 2-1. I wasn't done with her, but I won't play her every game either. And instalocking DPS just feels dirty even if I'm with 5 people who want me to do it. Isn't ND a good soldier? More of that please.

And yea, Komaru and or Lik would have fit in nicely, it seemed out randoms never wanted DPS either.

I delegated myself as a tank/support :p, I seem to win more doing those roles than DPS, even if I'm playing out of my mind as DPS. Hell, I think we played at least 2-3 rounds doing triple tank because we were so uncomfortable with DPS!

The 5 Stack last night consisted of:

Ultima: Support main (great mercy)
Owzers: Tank/Support (great rein/mercy, suspect Sym)
Ned: Flex
Vault: Flex (but mainly DPS/Support last night)
me: Tank/Support (mainly played Zarya last night)

We have no shortage of tank/support mains...

LiK

I delegated myself as a tank/support :p, I seem to win more doing those roles than DPS, even if I'm playing out of my mind as DPS. Hell, I think we played at least 2-3 rounds doing triple tank because we were so uncomfortable with DPS!

The 5 Stack last night consisted of:

Ultima: Support main (great mercy)
Owzers: Tank/Support (great rein/mercy, suspect Sym)
Ned: Flex
Vault: Flex (but mainly DPS/Support last night)
me: Tank/Support (mainly played Zarya last night)

We have no shortage of tank/support mains...

I need ND back.

antitrop

Christ, why do some people even play comp if they aren't gonna at least try to function as a team.
Probably because they want to farm golden weapons. I have no other explanation for why people would play Comp instead of QP when they aren't trying to win.

Even then, you still need wins to get CP. It makes almost no sense.

ND has a pretty good Tracer. Biscuit was a killer Pharah but I haven't caught him on lately, or seen him in the thread.

Who was it that used to play Genji? Thinking like Season 2 maybe?

LiK

Probably because they want to farm golden weapons. I have no other explanation for why people would play Comp instead of QP when they aren't trying to win.

But you gain nothing from losing tho.

Also, did they lower the amount of Comp points you get from wins?

Top Bottom