• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Day 2 has ended

l0Q6lHd.png

Your moderator will post results shortly.

DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Dr. Worm (7)
Natiko 1100
Faddy 1247
SexyFish 1253
Fat4all 1391
Mazre 1453
Verelios 1563
Lone_Prodigy 1602

SexyFish (7)
batsnacks 967 1345
acohrs 995 1402
Sorian 1274 1537
Royal_Flush 1294
CCS 1369
acohrs 1499
batsnacks 1502
Fireblend 1529
Sorian 1568
Dr. Worm 1576

Faddy (4)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996
Zippedpinhead 1174
Nudull 1260
AbsolutBro 1479 1575

batsnacks (1)
Penguin 1190

AbsolutBro (0): Sorian 892 1274, acohrs 1402 1499

MickD (0): SexyFish 970 1110, CCS 1158 1369

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

Nudull (0): AbsolutBro 1455 1479

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

Fat4all (0): Faddy 1038 1247, Fireblend 1278 1416, Dr. Worm 1328 1576, Fireblend 1416 1529

CCS (0): Sorian 1537 1568, Lone_Prodigy 1553 1602

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro (has previously voted), MickD

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 28, acohrs 45, batsnacks 56, CCS 17, Dr. Worm 33, Faddy 75, Fat4all 83, Fireblend 31, Flame_AC 28, Lone_Prodigy 14, Mazre 12, MickD 0, Natiko 41, Nudull 15, Penguin 11, Royal_Flush 18, SexyFish 29, Sorian 96, Timeaisis 27, Verelios 37, Zippedpinhead 12

franconp

After a long day at Arkham Asylum the Inmates are getting restless. Accusations are being thrown in all directions and people are going a bit crazy. As a psychiatrist, Hugo Strange thought that he needed to say something:

giphy.gif

Maybe that wasn't a good idea....

The Inmates decide that they will not tolerate Hugo Strange anymore and after a short discussion and a lot of shenanigans they decide that Hugo Strange and his trusty minion needs to go. They are invited to leave the Asylum, the Arkham way: through a window in the highest floor.

As Hugo Strange and his Minion felt to their surely demise all he could think about was:

giphy.gif

I mean, Anime Mafia is still running and replacements are always welcomed. Also new games are on the way, so keep checking the Main Thread.

Dr. Worm has died

You are Hugo Strange and you are part of the Arkham Inmates (that means you are town).

You are a scientist who uses his intellect to fight Batman. You also seem to have an obsession with him. Also you like cosplay.

You are a Silencer​. If you are killed by a night kill you will prevent the use of all the extra chats during both the next day and night phase.

You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> &#8203;during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

SexyFish has died

You are a Minion and you are part of the Arkham Inmates (that means you are town).

You are a unlucky fellow who is cannon fodder for the big guys in Arkham. You are here representing thousand of minions who has been beaten to dust by Batman for years. It's your time to get revenge for that poor anonymous souls.

You are an Ordinary Villager&#8203;. You don't have an special ability you can use. Sorry!!!

You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> &#8203;during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

franconp

I’m going to be honest. I had written the greatest kill scene ever. It had everything: action, drama, comedy. It was truly a masterpiece.

But my editor says that Batman doesn’t kill. He just arrest the villains. WTF!!!!! That’s lame!! I tried to get him to recapacitate, but he didn’t budge. He says it’s against the canon.

e51.gif

So, here I am. Having to rewrite the best masterpiece ever.

But I won’t do it.

I already did my work and I don’t do my work twice. It’s a principle. Also I’m really lazy.

So, Black Mask was arrested. That’s all you get.

giphy.gif

batsnacks has died!
You are Black Mask and you are part of the Arkham Inmates (that means you are town).

You are one of biggest Gotham kingpins. You also like to use a black mask. Making original aliases doesn’t seem to be your strong point.

You are a Buyer. You start the game with 6k Gotham dollars and you can use them to buy items but you can't keep them, you must give the items away to another player. At the start of every day phase you will receive an extra 2k and also a PM with how much you have left in your wallet. Every night (if you have the money) you may use the command Gift: <Itemname> <Playername> and your target will receive the item at the start of the next day phase (they will be notified). The items and prices you can buy are:
-Roleblock (price: 5k): The receiver can roleblock another player and prevent him to use his role.
-Motion detector (price: 7k): The receiver can target another player and know if he was targeted.
- 1-shot Bulletproof (price: 8k): The receiver will get a Bulletproof that will prevent a night kill.
- 1-shot Kill (price: 10k): The receiver will get a shot that allows him to kill another player.
You also have the power to vote. Use Vote: <Playername> during the day phase. The usual drill.

The game thread is Here

Day 3 Begins

red_1493852400.png

Mayority is 10.

Please check you PMs before you post.

Fat4all

Banned
RIP in peace, bats. That's some role right there.

If royal flush wasn't lying about targeting me, then whatever they did didn't notify me of anything.

Fat4all

Banned
Just a note, I'm in the middle of nowhere visiting my sis at the moment, so I won't be super active until tomorrow night and the remaining time after.

Everything on my end i s taking forever to load and reload.

Mazre

franconp, bats role PM reads a little funky, did he receive 2k on day one for a total of 8k or did he start with 6k and then from day 2 start on receive 2k?

Mazre

Recap of claims:

Nudull: doctor
N1: ?
N2: ?

Royal_Flush: (targetable ability)
N1:?
N2: Fat4all (claimed day 2, fat4all claims no notification)

AbsolutBro: (targetable ability, investigative?)
N1: Sorian ("I got nothing on Sorian", will make sense on flip)
N2: ?

batsnacks: buyer (5k block, 7k motion detect, 8k BP, 10k vig)
N1: 8k ?
N2: (10k - N1) ?

Natiko

Banned
Lets see, a few thoughts:

- Only one kill. Possibly a successful protection from one of our PRs, possibly just was a vig kill N1 now that we know bats wasn't actually vig. Not sure from a design perspective if we would have a vig and an additional PR that could give out more vig shots though.

- Why batsnacks over the others that claimed? Given he claimed vig, killing him doesn't do much to benefit scum unless they also block him. If they have a blocker though, why not just block the one claiming doctor?

- I'm no longer cursed. Yay!

Bats, we didn't see eye to eye, but I thought you were town.

Speaking of claims, I must have completely missed absolutebro's claim. Where was that?

SexyFish has died
You are a Minion and you are part of the Arkham Inmates (that means you are town).

You are a unlucky fellow who is cannon fodder for the big guys in Arkham. You are here representing thousand of minions who has been beaten to dust by Batman for years. It’s your time to get revenge for that poor anonymous souls.

You are an Ordinary Villager&#8203;. You don't have an special ability you can use. Sorry!!!

The game thread is Here

Anyone else confused by this? I thought this was a role madness game? Is it possible SexyFish was scum and her role power was a fake flip?

Fireblend

Banned
Ugh, I had hopes for SF's flip, and Bats' powers would have been nice to have for longer than 2 days. Wonder if he got to hand an item to someone tonight or if the kill resolved first.

Time to turn this ship around.

Flame_AC

While speculation may not be helpful at this stage since we don't have enough to go on. If I was in Bats position I feel like I'd have gone for the Bulletproof, which he might have been able to give out before he died. Unless he was saving for the kill, but even then he wasn't going to be able to use it which makes his threat rather empty.

Ordinary Villager is a role. A simple role but a role nevertheless.

My previous experience with Role Madness was every player getting a power role of some sort. I missed the "majority of players" in your game description and assumed it was the same here. That's on me.

Sorian

Banned
Not going to lie, I was probably one of a very small minority that was worried about Bats so it at least eases my frustrations. That said, I echo the sentiment that we are extremely behind now.

Lets see, a few thoughts:

- Only one kill. Possibly a successful protection from one of our PRs, possibly just was a vig kill N1 now that we know bats wasn't actually vig. Not sure from a design perspective if we would have a vig and an additional PR that could give out more vig shots though.

- Why batsnacks over the others that claimed? Given he claimed vig, killing him doesn't do much to benefit scum unless they also block him. If they have a blocker though, why not just block the one claiming doctor?

- I'm no longer cursed. Yay!

Considering how difficult it would have been to give out that vig shot and then anything else, I could still see a normal vig restricted in some way in addition to what Bats had. I also highly doubt Bats was killed based on any claim, if they wanted to do that, they would have killed Nudull, Bats was just a strong player who has been fairly consistently town read, that's it.

Ugh, I had hopes for SF's flip, and Bats' powers would have been nice to have for longer than 2 days. Wonder if he got to hand an item to someone tonight or if the kill resolved first.

Time to turn this ship around.

Kills always resolve last, if he tried acting last night, it would have work. Impossible to know for sure what he would have done but that vest would have been an option and is the best thing he had imo.

Continuing from yesterday since I have a fresh slate:

VOTE: CCS

Still not feeling it. Faddy being the survivor of the 3-way yesterday lends itself to suspiciousness as well, especially with the way he was begging to live but we don't need to pigeon hole ourselves into the same lynches. On the flip side, I worry about a protective role not being killed immediately since they tend to be unable to self target but I'll take that as a case of scum deciding to kill the stronger player and seeing if suspicion will take care of the more useful one.

While speculation may not be helpful at this stage since we don't have enough to go on. If I was in Bats position I feel like I'd have gone for the Bulletproof, which he might have been able to give out before he died. Unless he was saving for the kill, but even then he wasn't going to be able to use it which makes his threat rather empty.

Given every other game I've seen with items, I feel like we should assume the worst. If Bats gave out an item, we should assume that the recipient was Scum.

Verelios

That was a bad day yesterday, but honestly recoverable if we're prudent. Before I get any further, full disclosure, someone gave me a gift last night with the power to double vote. I'm guessing they share a similar utility with Batsnacks, or they're a neutral with the mission to give away X amount of gifts. Either way, I have it now so putting it out there for today.

Sorian

Banned
That was a bad day yesterday, but honestly recoverable if we're prudent. Before I get any further, full disclosure, someone gave me a gift last night with the power to double vote. I'm guessing they share a similar utility with Batsnacks, or they're a neutral with the mission to give away X amount of gifts. Either way, I have it now so putting it out there for today.

Two gift givers? I mean, easy enough to prove since you'll likely double vote at some point but that seems like an odd power to double up on. No input on your side? Like you had to accept the gift?

Also, early elephant in the room, I'm not seeing anyone cursed.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Putting two gift-givers in one game seems weird as hell to do. Then again, this is coming from the same guy that once drew asetic poison doctor.

I'm gonna keep Vere's post in mind going forward.

Verelios

Two gift givers? I mean, easy enough to prove since you'll likely double vote at some point but that seems like an odd power to double up on. No input on your side? Like you had to accept the gift?

Also, early elephant in the room, I'm not seeing anyone cursed.
Nope, I was just given the ability and told it's a gift. That's why I'm leaning neutral.

Sorian

Banned
Putting two gift-givers in one game seems weird as hell to do. Then again, this is coming from the same guy that once drew asetic poison doctor.

I'm gonna keep Vere's post in mind going forward.

Ascetic poison doctor isn't a weird role though.

Star Wars had two armorers, so it's not without precedent in Gafia games.

Do you feel the need to say anything about your night 2?

Nope, I was just given the ability and told it's a gift. That's why I'm leaning neutral.

That's exactly how Bats targets likely would have been contacted as well. Are you leaning neutral just because you don't think there would be two town with the exact same thing or because of the PM itself?

Verelios

Well, that and Natiko's weird curse yesterday made me think that might've been a gift too, though I'm kind of unsure as it doesn't hurt me in any way.

Penguin

So aside from me accusing Bats, who was Bats targeting early on, who would find him to be a threat to their agenda in-between his ramblings.

Flame_AC

So aside from me accusing Bats, who was Bats targeting early on, who would find him to be a threat to their agenda in-between his ramblings.

Any of the people he talked about shooting might be worried, but I suppose scum knowing that the ability was out there was enough to kill. To have an actual group to look at, just look at people he made the claim towards.

Sorian

Banned
Any of the people he talked about shooting might be worried, but I suppose scum knowing that the ability was out there was enough to kill. To have an actual group to look at, just look at people he made the claim towards.

Since you happened to be the one to answer this, as a counter point, you'd have reason as well. A lot of us took Terra's day 1 end at face value and called you town for it, I believe Bats was the only one who was pointing out that Terra has had a similar outburst as scum before.

Sorian

Banned
That's an odd way to say nothing happened...

He isn't saying nothing happened, though my guess is probably wrong as to what the power was. Bats probably just had it right but no use digging through it unless we are actually planning to lynch AB.

Top Bottom