• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Flame_AC

Since you happened to be the one to answer this, as a counter point, you'd have reason as well. A lot of us took Terra's day 1 end at face value and called you town for it, I believe Bats was the only one who was pointing out that Terra has had a similar outburst as scum before.

Fair enough, throw me in that mix as well. I was thinking of people he actually threatened, and I don't think he did that for me? Maybe I forgot it though.

Since you brought up the lack of a curse so far, what would you think if no one was to be afflicted today?

Natiko

Banned
Regarding my curse yesterday, the text doesn't phrase it as a gift, just that someone put it on me. Not sure it really adds up with a gift giver, but I could be wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Fair enough, throw me in that mix as well. I was thinking of people he actually threatened, and I don't think he did that for me? Maybe I forgot it though.

Since you brought up the lack of a curse so far, what would you think if no one was to be afflicted today?

That it's a town power. It's inoffensive enough what Natiko had to do that I believe it could easily make its way into the game and the correct way to play it is to show that it exists early and then ignore it until possibly late game when you're more sure of who scum could be (kind of what fireblend did in election). If it was a scum power, they'd likely use it everyday, mixing in a scum player to not be too obvious, and then just hoping to get an extra kill on a gotcha! moment.

Natiko

Banned
I do not have anything useful, no. I realize that's an answer likely to throw shade my way, but it's better for town if I say nothing.

Not trying to force you to elaborate, but for my personal clarity (since I have no clue what role your hints even line up with at this point) - should my future reads of Sorian and fat4all just be done essentially as if you had never said anything? Because that's the impression I've got so far.

Sorian

Banned
Not trying to force you to elaborate, but for my personal clarity (since I have no clue what role your hints even line up with at this point) - should my future reads of Sorian and fat4all just be done essentially as if you had never said anything? Because that's the impression I've got so far.

I had to go back and make sure I wasn't crazy. What does Fat4all have to do with AB? It was Flush that called on a shot on Fat.

Natiko

Banned
I had to go back and make sure I wasn't crazy. What does Fat4all have to do with AB? It was Flush that called on a shot on Fat.
Oh okay, whoops. Can't keep all these vague claims straight lol Ignore the fat part AB. The Sorian part still stands.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

CCS (1)
Sorian 1635

No active vote for Day 3: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Bronx-Man, CCS, Faddy, Fat4all, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, Natiko, Nudull, Penguin, Royal_Flush, Timeaisis, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 3 Postcount: AbsolutBro 7, acohrs 0, Bronx-Man 2, CCS 0, Faddy 2, Fat4all 2, Fireblend 1, Flame_AC 4, Lone_Prodigy 0, Mazre 3, Natiko 4, Nudull 0, Penguin 2, Royal_Flush 0, Sorian 7, Timeaisis 1, Verelios 5, Zippedpinhead 2

Day 3 ends:
red_1493852400.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Yes or neutral. That type of ability is rarely town. Am I assuming that you are claiming to be poisoned?

Yes, but whoever did it actually wanted to poison Fat4all. That means Fat4all most likely is Town. I'm a 1-shot targeted lightning rod. I announced my target in case I died tonight and a cop investigated Fat4all returning a potentially false green check.

On the off chance that this is a Town ability: Whoever you are, you fucked up big time. I didn't announce my target for nothing.

Sorian

Banned
Yes, but whoever did it actually wanted to poison Fat4all. That means Fat4all most likely is Town. I'm a 1-shot targeted lightning rod. I announced my target in case I died tonight and a cop investigated Fat4all returning a potentially false green check.

On the off chance that this is a Town ability: Whoever you are, you fucked up big time. I didn't announce my target for nothing.

Straight up, I don't believe you. For a multitude of reasons. First, can you explain why you targeted Fat4all of all people for this? I understand you announced him yesterday which is probably the only thing that makes sense from this but why him in particular? Other various reasons include: how convenient that you happened to discover a mechanic that did not exist until today with your lightning rod, why make a 1-shot lightning rod targeted? If it's 1-shot, just make it a normal lightning rod. If you are effectively going to be a protective role, why not target the doctor claim or an actual universal town read (this point leads back into the opener questions). This sounds iffy at best.

Sorian

Banned
Also, why would a scum poisoner target Fat to begin with? He's a viable lynch candidate, This claim doesn't make sense on so many levels.

Straight up, I don't believe you. For a multitude of reasons. First, can you explain why you targeted Fat4all of all people for this? I understand you announced him yesterday which is probably the only thing that makes sense from this but why him in particular? Other various reasons include: how convenient that you happened to discover a mechanic that did not exist until today with your lightning rod, why make a 1-shot lightning rod targeted? If it's 1-shot, just make it a normal lightning rod. If you are effectively going to be a protective role, why not target the doctor claim or an actual universal town read (this point leads back into the opener questions). This sounds iffy at best.
I targeted Fat4all because he wasn't likely to get NK'd and I thought (and now think even more) that he's Town. I wanted to obstruct a potential cop as little as possible while not to die myself. Also another part of the reason why I announced my target is to bait a NK, as all actions against me directly get negated the night I use my actions.

You can believe me I was as surprised as you were when I got the PM that I was poisoned.

But if you don't trust me, fine, I don't care. Unless I get cured by whoever can do it, I will be dead tonight anyway.

Also, why would a scum poisoner target Fat to begin with? He's a viable lynch candidate, This claim doesn't make sense on so many levels.
I have no clue.

Natiko

Banned

Why would a lightning rod be targeted? Unless you're saying it only affects actions that targeted Fat in which case wouldn't that be more of a redirecter or something?

I don't buy Flush's claim. Verelios is not lying. Don't have much else to add on overnight.
Are you claiming to have received something N1, claiming to be the gift giver, or would prefer to not answer?

CCS

Banned
Why would a lightning rod be targeted? Unless you're saying it only affects actions that targeted Fat in which case wouldn't that be more of a redirecter or something?

Are you claiming to have received something N1, claiming to be the gift giver, or would prefer to not answer?

I would prefer not to answer that currently. A doublevote mechanism is in play though.

Natiko

Banned
Thanks for the answer CCS.

Bronx, anything to add taking over for the player that has been the least communicative thus far?

Timeaisis

A few thoughts this morning.

- Faddy really wiggled his way out of a lynch yesterday. I need to go back and analyze those turn of events.
- Sorian's vote swap from SF to CCS near day end reads weird to me. Obviously, SF isn't scum and we did have a tie, so I guess you could say it's the right call, but it's still odd.
- AB has soft claimed a tracker-esque role and is still alive. I suppose you can chalk this up to bats sounding more scary to scum, i.e. a vig. However, vigs are just as dangerous to town at this point of the game and scum hadn't lost any when they decided bats over AB.

Faddy and Sorian are my top two right now. Actually, might as well vote back on Faddy, because my opinion of him has not changed and I'm surprised he was not lynched yesterday after being on so many radars.

Vote: Faddy

I need to dig into AB's posting a little further.

Timeaisis

RF's claim doesn't make a lot of sense at this juncture. It seems like something that was made up after the fact to explain away why nothing happened to Fat4all.

Although, it's still odd to announce a target the day before. That makes next to no sense to me. What purpose does that serve?

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, just posting to let you know today's a national holiday here, and I'll be with my family most of the day so I don't know how much I'll be able to keep track of the game. I'll be back to my regular schedule tomorrow.

At this point I really need to go back and do some reading of past days, specially end of day 2.

It is a simple redirection from my target to me. Says targeted Lightning Rod in my role PM though.

Natiko

Banned
It is a simple redirection from my target to me. Says targeted Lightning Rod in my role PM though.
Unless someone comes forward as a poisoner or comes forward as having been poisoned N1 this is going to be very hard to verify then. Did you ever clarify how long it said you have to live?

Natiko

Banned
Given that, presumably no one was poisoned N1 unless there is a poison doctor and scum hit exactly that person. Would also contribute to the idea that it may not be a recurring action but more of an x-shot.

How do you know it was Fat and not you who was targeted?

I targeted Fat4all because he wasn't likely to get NK'd and I thought (and now think even more) that he's Town. I wanted to obstruct a potential cop as little as possible while not to die myself. Also another part of the reason why I announced my target is to bait a NK, as all actions against me directly get negated the night I use my action.

Faddy

Banned
At least I'm not the only one that failed at reading.

I have failed at reading today multiple times. I'm not even sure who has claimed what.

Verelios gained an unknown ability
CCS soft claimed something
Flush claimed posioned by way of lightning rod

Ugh. No idea where to begin. A few hours of Bank Holiday drinking left. Will probably not be back until after the snooker finishes.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Thanks for the answer CCS.

Bronx, anything to add taking over for the player that has been the least communicative thus far?
Looking mostly at Vere and RoyalFlush right now. I'm gonna give Vere the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe there really is a 2nd gift-giver in here.

Royal though, I don't know what the hell to make of that claim.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Let's say RF really was poisoned in the night phase and will presumably die tonight. Shouldn't someone have claimed some type of doctor role by now?

Timeaisis

I believe Vere and it's easy to verify when he double votes. So there's obviously some power out there that grants that ability. Whether it's a gift giver per se, or something different, we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as RF goes, I don't trust him. That being said, if he truly will die tonight, we can easily verify that by just waiting it out. I don' think poison necessarily means there will be a doctor, and no, they should definitely not be claiming right now, regardless.

Frankly, I'm surprised the poison is so fast-acting. There's nothing we can do to counteract the effect, save for possibly a "curer" role that's sole duty is to cure people with poison as a night action?

I dunno, just spitballing here.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I believe Vere and it's easy to verify when he double votes. So there's obviously some power out there that grants that ability. Whether it's a gift giver per se, or something different, we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as RF goes, I don't trust him. That being said, if he truly will die tonight, we can easily verify that by just waiting it out. I don' think poison necessarily means there will be a doctor, and no, they should definitely not be claiming right now, regardless.

Frankly, I'm surprised the poison is so fast-acting. There's nothing we can do to counteract the effect, save for possibly a "curer" role that's sole duty is to cure people with poison as a night action?

I dunno, just spitballing here.

Why put a poisoner in a game with no poison doctor? The point of most roles is that they can be countered by another role.

Natiko

Banned
Why put a poisoner in a game with no poison doctor? The point of most roles is that they can be countered by another role.
Depends if it's x-shot or not. If it's a one shot then no need for a cure. My main thought is maybe there's like a JOAT scum member. N1 could be the curse, N2 the poison. It's just unverifiable though so not particularly useful as far as speculation goes. Like I said, I actually doubt a poison doctor can exist unless they were the one poisoned N1. If Royal does survive and claims he was healed I'll be extremely skeptical at that point.

Day 2 end seemed awfully passive. Considering the flips, it makes sense, but that also calls into question why Faddy escaped. I have no opinion on the late CCS vote because the inaction doesn't indicate alignment.

Flush's claim seems to make sense. Targeted does sound possible since batsnacks died.

Depends if it's x-shot or not. If it's a one shot then no need for a cure. My main thought is maybe there's like a JOAT scum member. N1 could be the curse, N2 the poison. It's just unverifiable though so not particularly useful as far as speculation goes. Like I said, I actually doubt a poison doctor can exist unless they were the one poisoned N1. If Royal does survive and claims he was healed I'll be extremely skeptical at that point.
The PM I got informing me I was poisoned talked about the possibility of a cure. Doesn't necessarily mean there exists one but it would be a bit pointless to write it in then, wouldn't it?

If the poison literally takes effect at the end of the day...? Can the doc even do anything? I dunno. That's my stumbling block here.
It takes effect at the end of next night (so the upcoming night, at the same as the NKs)

Nudull

Banned
A shame Faddy got away in all the crazyness, I feel like we had something there. As for SexyFish, there's definitely something up with her description. Why be the only non-role in a Role Madness game? Are there more than one, if true?

Natiko

Banned
The PM I got informing me I was poisoned talked about the possibility of a cure. Doesn't necessarily mean there exists one but it would be a bit pointless to write it in then, wouldn't it?

It takes effect at the end of next night (so the upcoming night, at the same as the NKs)
If a role exists for curing the poison then presumably the poison isn't a limited shot. If that's the case, literally the only situations I can foresee having happened is the poison doctor themselves were targeted N1, someone ascetic was targeted N1, or the poisoner was roleblocked N1. If it isn't one of those things then I feel very few situations would logically make sense.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Poisoners can have a limit even with a doctor in the game. When I was poison doc in Gafia 3, I could cure twice while Mafia could poison someone three times.

Natiko

Banned
Poisoners can have a limit even with a doctor in the game. When I was poison doc in Gafia 3, I could cure twice while Mafia could poison someone three times.
My point is more is unless it's just a one or two shot poisoner, why skip poisoning N1?

My point is more is unless it's just a one or two shot poisoner, why skip poisoning N1?

Lull us into a false sense of security? I got nothing.

But we'll know if RF is telling the truth or not by the start of next day.

See I don't know I'm leaning more towards it's likely a low shot poisoner than anything else. In role madness games it always benefits to front load multi-shot abilities UNLESS you have 1 shot, 1 opportunity. Like flush with his lightning rod, it might not make sense to use your only shot night 1.

I agree we will know by tomorrow morning if RF is telling the truth or not.

Natiko

Banned
Lull us into a false sense of security? I got nothing.

But we'll know if RF is telling the truth or not by the start of next day.
Unless they live and are cured, but then I'm right back to if a role exists to cure then the poisoner likely has several shots of poison if not unlimited, and if they have that many why skip N1? I dunno, I just keep looping back to the lack of poisoning on N1. I guess that could be part of the ploy though. Either way I don't know that I can get behind a Royal vote without someone explaining why exactly scum would want to make this play. Feels like it would have to be too elaborate of a ruse.

CCS

Banned
See I don't know I'm leaning more towards it's likely a low shot poisoner than anything else. In role madness games it always benefits to front load multi-shot abilities UNLESS you have 1 shot, 1 opportunity. Like flush with his lightning rod, it might not make sense to use your only shot night 1.

I agree we will know by tomorrow morning if RF is telling the truth or not.

This basically summarises where I'm at in terms of how plausible the night actions are.

Verelios

A shame Faddy got away in all the crazyness, I feel like we had something there. As for SexyFish, there's definitely something up with her description. Why be the only non-role in a Role Madness game? Are there more than one, if true?
I feel like this exact question was asked and answered earlier today, but I'll go back and check.

As for poison doctor, there's really no way to know unless someone else claims poison because realistically is anyone going to believe Flush if he comes back tomorrow saying 'I WAS SAVED'?

Top Bottom