• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Timeaisis

I forgot to respond to this bit.

As a side note, I want to hear more from Time, Penguin is a good one and o agree with the post that is probably above mine. But something that has been bothering me is what was already been talked about yesterday. Time is coasting on through with these check ins. I feel like not much has evolved from read to read and it seems more to me like he is content hopping from mislynch to mislynch. I'll be honest that I think this because he's been doing a lot of shade throwing at me with no real prying into my behavior. I'm sure I'm next in line for his vote after Faddy who would likely flip town imo.

I voted Faddy yesterday, who weaseled his way out of a lynch. So I wouldn't call myself hoping from mislynch to mislynch (I did vote for a mislynch d1, I admit it). But y'all mislynched SF and Worm, not me. ;)

Verelios

I forgot to respond to this bit.

I voted Faddy yesterday, who weaseled his way out of a lynch. So I wouldn't call myself hoping from mislynch to mislynch (I did vote for a mislynch d1, I admit it). But y'all mislynched SF and Worm, not me. ;)
You make it sound as if you're not included in a town defeat and happy just experiencing schadenfreude

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (2)
Verelios (Double Vote) 1736

Faddy (2)
Timeaisis 1670
Zippedpinhead 1746

AbsolutBro (1)
acohrs 1737

Penguin (1)
Flame_AC 1726

CCS (1)
Sorian 1635

acohrs (1)
Natiko 1721

No active vote for Day 3: AbsolutBro, Bronx-Man, CCS, Faddy, Fat4all, Fireblend, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, Nudull, Penguin, Royal_Flush

Day 3 Postcount: AbsolutBro 9, acohrs 1, Bronx-Man 10, CCS 7, Faddy 6, Fat4all 2, Fireblend 2, Flame_AC 9, Lone_Prodigy 2, Mazre 3, Natiko 17, Nudull 5, Penguin 3, Royal_Flush 8, Sorian 20, Timeaisis 11, Verelios 13, Zippedpinhead 6

Day 3 ends:
red_1493852400.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Timeaisis

You make it sound as if you're not included in a town defeat and happy just experiencing schadenfreude

I'm not happy, I'm just saying, we had a double lynch, and we missed on both targets. Of course that is disappointing. The phrasing Sorian used made it sound like I was complacent in just going from one mislynch to another, which implies that I've been involved in voting for all of them, which is just not true.

Faddy

Banned
With a lack of a new front runner, I'm going to go back to who I voted for yesterday

vote: Faddy

I still think you are scum, I'm confused with how you played the first two days, and now that you almost got lynched day 2 I think you are trying to just get through the day again.

Here is the problem I see with this play. Whatever you did yesterday didn't work, why do you think doing the same thing today is going to end up differently? Time to change it all up

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Just having a nice quiet game eh?

Faddy

Banned
As a side note, I want to hear more from Time, Penguin is a good one and o agree with the post that is probably above mine. But something that has been bothering me is what was already been talked about yesterday. Time is coasting on through with these check ins. I feel like not much has evolved from read to read and it seems more to me like he is content hopping from mislynch to mislynch. I'll be honest that I think this because he's been doing a lot of shade throwing at me with no real prying into my behavior. I'm sure I'm next in line for his vote after Faddy who would likely flip town imo.

Right on time.

Eh, I look forward more to the obligatory "is Sorian suspicious or not for dominating the conversation" discussion on day 4.

CCS

Banned
I don't think Sorian is scum, and it's hard to view him "dominating the conversation" as too negative when it's pretty quiet anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah actually I wouldn't call him dominating in this game, if anything I'm surprised his post rate isn't much higher. Hmmm

I'm officially revising my prediction to "is Sorian suspicious or not for not dominating the conversation enough" /s

I haven't done enough re-reading through the previous day(s) like I wanted to, but I feel like we really should be pressuring some of the people who're clearly posting barely enough regardless. I know LP just arrived yesterday but I honestly expected more activity from a more experienced player so in that sense I agree with Faddy (though it doesn't escape me that it's a great opportunity for him to shift focus elsewhere), penguins I honestly didn't remember was in the game and Nudull I remember just for being snarky whenever he does post. It's not like I'm asking for more post quantity, Mazre posted just 12 time yesterday but I feel like I have a good sense of where he's at in this game. Zipped, Time and CCS are somewhere in the middle for me, could also improve.

Also this is more of a gut read, but something smells in AbsolutBro's direction. He didn't vote yesterday, claimed somewhat arbitrarily, had nothing to say beyond that, and this game's death to day ratio is high enough that I can see bold scum faking a claim at this point they believing they can ride it out til the end of the game at the pace we're going. Not sure why they wouldn't just stay silent in that scenario, though.

AbsolutBro, did you address already why you didn't vote yesterday? I may have missed it.

Natiko

Banned
Time and Zipped (and anyone else that scum reads Faddy but hasn't put a vote down):

I would appreciate if you would walk me through your logic in finding Faddy suspicious for not being lynched and point out those you feel assisted in making that happen. Faddy had a vote down early on a person that wasn't one of the leading people at the time (Worm). If Faddy's survival was influenced by scum then he didn't control it himself.

I mentioned a post vanishing, but forgot to repost what it said. Derp.

I did vote yesterday. I voted for Faddy. I ended up unvoting because he was within a vote of tying second place and I wanted to increase the gap to make end of day shenanigans less likely. I also want to clarify that I have never role claimed, only given the result one night's action. I did so in case of my death, as I was a possibility for lynching at the time.

Unless I'm misreading (I think you missed a word there?) this is just semantics, no?

Yeah, that should say "of one night's action". And while it may be semantic, I wanted to differentiate between role claiming to save my butt, and giving my results to town expecting possible death.

Lone_Prodigy
Nudull - claimed doctor
Fireblend
Bronx-Man
Royal_Flush - claimed 1-shot targeted lightning rod, absorbed poison from Fat4All N2
Mazre
Flame_AC
Penguin
Timeaisis
AbsolutBro - claimed to have targeted Sorian N1
Faddy
Fat4all
CCS - claimed to know about double-vote (gift giver)
acohrs
Sorian
Verelios - confirmed double-vote
Natiko
Zippedpinhead

Not much to go on, to be honest. The soft claims aren't an indication of alignment.

I did vote yesterday. I voted for Faddy. I ended up unvoting because he was within a vote of tying second place and I wanted to increase the gap to make end of day shenanigans less likely. I also want to clarify that I have never role claimed, only given the result one night's action. I did so in case of my death, as I was a possibility for lynching at the time.

You unvoted with 16 minutes left. At that point it was SF 6, Worm 6, and Faddy 5. I don't know if fran ever specified what happens in a 3-way tie, but it was a double-lynch situation so there was a chance Faddy could've been lynched, and enough time to avoid a tie.

Since there were 3 wagons and 2 of them were town, the unvote looks suspicious. There's also Penguin's vote on batsnacks, which is just odd.

acohrs

...WITCH!

Natiko

Banned
You unvoted with 16 minutes left. At that point it was SF 6, Worm 6, and Faddy 5. I don't know if fran ever specified what happens in a 3-way tie, but it was a double-lynch situation so there was a chance Faddy could've been lynched, and enough time to avoid a tie.

Since there were 3 wagons and 2 of them were town, the unvote looks suspicious. There's also Penguin's vote on batsnacks, which is just odd.
I believe the only situation in which a double lynch didn't occur was if there was a lone person with the most votes and then a tie for second place. If that happened only one lynch would occur. In all other situations it was determined by who reached x amount of votes sooner with x being the number they're tied at.

Fran clarified how the ties worked. Basically if second place was tied it would be considered a no-lynch. If first place was a two-way tie then both would be lynched; a three way first place tie would see the first two to that number of votes would be voted out.

My unvote moved us from 6-6-5 to 6-6-4, meaning there would had to have been two vote for or unvotes from a single (and suddenly) candidate for a tie to occur. Yes, both were town. Yes, in hindsight that reflects badly on me. But hindsight is just that, hindsight.

acohrs

There's really nothing to do with the Flush claim but wait. If it's the truth it'll resolve itself. If it's a scum gambit it is untenable and will fall through. If it's a neutral gambit then lynching him won't get us any closer to scum and we'll be in the same position as if he had just left the game barring that he somehow kills several others upon his exit which seems unlikely.

I've been on mobile since the day start so I haven't had a chance to go through everything again yet. I do believe we have one person that hasn't even checked in yet though. One person that I was already uncertain of so I may as well start there for now.

VOTE: acohrs

You've been pretty ambivalent this game. Reminds me of your scum game on MU. Anything you'd like to contribute today?

Don't trust absolutbro at all. Gut says scum, especially with that act of self preservation yesterday.

I'm glad my MU game made an impression on you, it must have since you've referenced it several times. What is it about my current play that makes you think I'm scummy apart from a meta read?

Faddy

Banned

Fran clarified how the ties worked. Basically if second place was tied it would be considered a no-lynch. If first place was a two-way tie then both would be lynched; a three way first place tie would see the first two to that number of votes would be voted out.

My unvote moved us from 6-6-5 to 6-6-4, meaning there would had to have been two vote for or unvotes from a single (and suddenly) candidate for a tie to occur. Yes, both were town. Yes, in hindsight that reflects badly on me. But hindsight is just that, hindsight.

That first explanation of the claim that you were a lynch candidate seems to be undercut by your second post where you say we were locked in a three way choice.

Natiko

Banned
Don't trust absolutbro at all. Gut says scum, especially with that act of self preservation yesterday.

I'm glad my MU game made an impression on you, it must have since you've referenced it several times. What is it about my current play that makes you think I'm scummy apart from a meta read?
A general ambivalence. You haven't displayed any particular penchant for scum hunting. Combine that with a more quiet approach than usual and it's hard to not wonder if you're simply not bothering to put in too much effort or if you're purposefully holding back.

I'm honestly not sure I can recall any instances of you building a case against someone so much as throwing out a quick vote and disappearing usually. I intend to go through and try and re-read some of the previous days soon which will either bolster my feeling or weaken it. I'm reminded of D1 though where you put out what is still probably your most substantial post this game and you caught flak for it. Perhaps you saw that reaction and as scum didn't want to draw attention like that again.

That first explanation of the claim that you were a lynch candidate seems to be undercut by your second post where you say we were locked in a three way choice.

My first posts context is pretty easy to actually read. At the time that I posted my N1 action report I was a possible. I readily admit I only had a single actual vote at the time, but others had said they would consider voting for me. That was about 90 minutes before day end, given you threw shade at my Nudull prod vote about that time.

My second post is about the time ~15 minutes to days end. So, over an hour later. It's almost like things might have changed in that time.

acohrs

A general ambivalence. You haven't displayed any particular penchant for scum hunting. Combine that with a more quiet approach than usual and it's hard to not wonder if you're simply not bothering to put in too much effort or if you're purposefully holding back.

I'm honestly not sure I can recall any instances of you building a case against someone so much as throwing out a quick vote and disappearing usually. I intend to go through and try and re-read some of the previous days soon which will either bolster my feeling or weaken it. I'm reminded of D1 though where you put out what is still probably your most substantial post this game and you caught flak for it. Perhaps you saw that reaction and as scum didn't want to draw attention like that again.

I'd solve more if my initial reads list wasn't seen as scummy as feck by nearly everyone. Has made me reluctant to really solve so openly again admittedly. However, is somebody nice, not unlike yourself Natiko, was to ask for my views, I'd be happy to sit down at my desk and type out a nice, new readslist with post examples just for them if I knew someone would like that.

Natiko

Banned
Well you've seen others post full or partial reads lists since then and not get eviscerated. If you have opinions I would always prefer people share them than not.

I'm not feeling the absolutbro hunt.

Re Natiko and my justification for voting faddy,

My vote has very little to do with him surviving yesterday, my vote is based on my thinking he is scum yesterday and not seeing a better argument for voting a different way today.

I think his surviving yesterday has changed how he is playing today, going from a top poster to someone down in the numbers like myself. High or low Numbers doesn't make scum but changed in the numbers can indicate scum coaching.

It's flimsy, but then again I'm not seeing rock hard arguments for others today. So I'm go It with what I had yesterday.

Nudull

Banned

My vote has very little to do with him surviving yesterday, my vote is based on my thinking he is scum yesterday and not seeing a better argument for voting a different way today.

I think his surviving yesterday has changed how he is playing today, going from a top poster to someone down in the numbers like myself. High or low Numbers doesn't make scum but changed in the numbers can indicate scum coaching.

It's flimsy, but then again I'm not seeing rock hard arguments for others today. So I'm go It with what I had yesterday.

Personally I did consider voting Faddy again this round, though I'd like to hear more from others first. Some have brought up AbsolutBro since the start of the game, for starters.

Fat4all

Banned
Alright, I'm back in action and here until the end of the day. Sorry about being absent for so long, I only really had time to glance in on Gaf every now and again.

I'll read over some of the thread convo's I missed, if anyone wants my views of sommit just ask.

I'm going to go through a partial read list (on phone so full read lists are difficult):

Absolutbro: did he really claim he did something to Sorian night 1? Can someone link it? Based on posts I'm leaning more town but That could lead me to changing my idea of him tomorrow.

Acohrs- on the scum side of null seems like he disappeared for some time each day, not reallly feeling absolutbro vote today.

Fat4all- if what flush says about fat getting poisoned then I'm leaning town,

Royal_flush - if he lives in leaning scum ? If he dies I feel bad that I doubted him but it clears fat4all.

Sorian - getting a real neutral vibe from him. Almost comical in how middle of the road he is.

Faddy - scum for reasons I have already given

Timeaisis- are we playing the same game. I agree it's really weird how we are voting very similar.l but for different reasons. Leaning town

Faddy

Banned

I don't think I need coaching but whatever. Wouldn't my scum coaches tell me to keep playing like I was. I have simply been busy doing other things the last couple of days. I'll be here for a few hours tonight and then probably back midday ish tomorrow 12 hours before the deadline.

There are plenty of other people who haven't posted, the game is moving at a ridiculously low pace. The reality is if you get rid of high volume posters like me the whole thing is going to grind to a halt.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, this thread is going slow.

Personally I did consider voting Faddy again this round, though I'd like to hear more from others first. Some have brought up AbsolutBro since the start of the game, for starters.

And what are your thoughts on AB? Or anyone else for that matter.

Nudull

Banned
Man, this thread is going slow.

And what are your thoughts on AB? Or anyone else for that matter.

For AB in particular, I've noticed Sorian voting on him early on, and now I'm seeing others focusing on him as well. I'm curious to see where this goes.

vote: Mazre

I hope this gains some traction. Go look through his posts. There is a metric fuckton of stuff that looks useful but actually isn't.

Fireblend

Banned
AB pseudo-claiming after one vote seems weird to me even after his recent posts; I'd called it arbitrary before but that was when I didn't fully remember the context. How is one vote threatening enough for that? Could be scum prematurely pulling some plan at the minimal pressure but that's a real stretch. Should read through his previous posts and make up my mind.

acohrs saying they don't want to provide a new read list because they made a shit one in D1 is obtuse to say the least.

L_P's summary claim list above is like trying really hard to find something to post about.

I don't like Natiko's tone when he says we shouldn't lynch him because the game would grind to a halt. Game's slow but that's some shitty logic.

About Faddy, I never really got where the votes on him came from and I feel like the people who are sticking with that lynch are worth looking into because how easily they could justify it by it being some "unresolved lead" from yesterday or something.

For AB in particular, I've noticed Sorian voting on him early on, and now I'm seeing others focusing on him as well. I'm curious to see where this goes.

These aren't really thoughts. You just seem to stay on the sidelines all the time with no real opinion on anything =|

vote: Nudull

My thoughts are really scattered right now but I'm super busy and have to go to my weekly DnD session tonight so I want to have a vote somewhere and probably try again tomorrow when I'll be working from home and have more time.

Faddy

Banned
You know what screw it. If I am going down I might as well go down swinging. Back to my first target

VOTE: Natiko

I see his posts are now couching support for me because i am the obvious target for today. I feel the same for Sorian. Why are you guys so protective? Is it a good read that I am scum because I didn't get lynched yesterday, maybe but I don't see how anyone can be out there giving defensive posts of my play without some sort of insider information.

Timeaisis

My first posts context is pretty easy to actually read. At the time that I posted my N1 action report I was a possible. I readily admit I only had a single actual vote at the time, but others had said they would consider voting for me. That was about 90 minutes before day end, given you threw shade at my Nudull prod vote about that time.

My second post is about the time ~15 minutes to days end. So, over an hour later. It's almost like things might have changed in that time.

So you admit it was an act of self-preservation? I'm not criticizing that, just trying to figure out your timing on softclaiming.

acohrs

I'm going to go through a partial read list (on phone so full read lists are difficult):

Absolutbro: did he really claim he did something to Sorian night 1? Can someone link it? Based on posts I'm leaning more town but That could lead me to changing my idea of him tomorrow.

Acohrs- on the scum side of null seems like he disappeared for some time each day, not reallly feeling absolutbro vote today.

Fat4all- if what flush says about fat getting poisoned then I'm leaning town,

Royal_flush - if he lives in leaning scum ? If he dies I feel bad that I doubted him but it clears fat4all.

Sorian - getting a real neutral vibe from him. Almost comical in how middle of the road he is.

Faddy - scum for reasons I have already given

Timeaisis- are we playing the same game. I agree it's really weird how we are voting very similar.l but for different reasons. Leaning town

What about my absolutbro vote D2 before he claimed, did you not feel that one too?

Penguin

I still don't really buy Faddy, but I'm sure will be wrong on that.

I'm beginning to feel like Absolut Bro though. I thought he would be a threat behind the scenes during Day 2, and when that didn't work out think he is scum.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not happy, I'm just saying, we had a double lynch, and we missed on both targets. Of course that is disappointing. The phrasing Sorian used made it sound like I was complacent in just going from one mislynch to another, which implies that I've been involved in voting for all of them, which is just not true.

Fair, for some reason I thought you were interested in the SexyFish vote as well but stayed on Faddy as your number one because of the double lynch day. It doesn't really change my opinion that your sway and interest in the game has been this:

Yeah actually I wouldn't call him dominating in this game, if anything I'm surprised his post rate isn't much higher. Hmmm

I'm officially revising my prediction to "is Sorian suspicious or not for not dominating the conversation enough" /s

I know this is sarcasm but since I feel like I've had to throw it out in all recent games, you can only expect high quantity from me on Thursday-Sunday. Otherwise, you just get less bigger posts since the meat of my posting time is when all of the US is asleep.

Unless I'm misreading (I think you missed a word there?) this is just semantics, no?

Not really, he gave a result that was fairly ambiguous. He could be any number of roles so I wouldn't say it's the same as claiming.

You know what screw it. If I am going down I might as well go down swinging. Back to my first target

VOTE: Natiko

I see his posts are now couching support for me because i am the obvious target for today. I feel the same for Sorian. Why are you guys so protective? Is it a good read that I am scum because I didn't get lynched yesterday, maybe but I don't see how anyone can be out there giving defensive posts of my play without some sort of insider information.

I just woke up so I'm not remembering the exact detail but I've started ignoring you and assuming your town because I doubt a team with you on it kills Splinter N1 and I still don't think scum was responsible for Kalor. It had something to do with a post from day 1 which I'll go find now to refresh myself.

Sorian

Banned
AB pseudo-claiming after one vote seems weird to me even after his recent posts; I'd called it arbitrary before but that was when I didn't fully remember the context. How is one vote threatening enough for that? Could be scum prematurely pulling some plan at the minimal pressure but that's a real stretch. Should read through his previous posts and make up my mind.

acohrs saying they don't want to provide a new read list because they made a shit one in D1 is obtuse to say the least.

L_P's summary claim list above is like trying really hard to find something to post about.

I don't like Natiko's tone when he says we shouldn't lynch him because the game would grind to a halt. Game's slow but that's some shitty logic.

About Faddy, I never really got where the votes on him came from and I feel like the people who are sticking with that lynch are worth looking into because how easily they could justify it by it being some "unresolved lead" from yesterday or something.

These aren't really thoughts. You just seem to stay on the sidelines all the time with no real opinion on anything =|

vote: Nudull

My thoughts are really scattered right now but I'm super busy and have to go to my weekly DnD session tonight so I want to have a vote somewhere and probably try again tomorrow when I'll be working from home and have more time.

Also, what are your thoughts on Nudull's claim?

Sorian

Banned
I went back to iso Faddy and for funsies, noticed this post and decided to quote it:

Actually makes me pause a second. Again, still working on the assumption that scum killed Splinter, Faddy doesn't do that if he pointed this out with any real intention of getting Natiko lynched. So either Faddy and Natiko are scum together, scum Faddy doesn't actually care about following through on a lynch, or Faddy is just town.

Oh right, because of this. Splinter being alive makes Faddy's call to lynch Natiko so much easier because there was this weird element of unknown and possible private talks between the two. It loses some of it's appeal without it. I also still lean town on Natiko because of my D1 argument with him and not much has really swayed me on him since then. With Faddy going back to beat this horse some more, all I see is town in a tunnel.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, what are your thoughts on Nudull's claim?

Not many beyond its value as another piece of info to be considered. On one hand it hasn't been counterclaimed yet which is good, on the other, again, I'm worried about the pace this game is going at and it wouldn't surprise me if fake claims started to float around if scum expects that pace to continue, which was the line of thinking I had with AB. That said his claim is not a source of suspicion for me, though.

Sorian

Banned
So now all caught up, I do agree that we've hit a point where the people actually doing overt scummy things ended up being town. Which means either we have scum in the people who are posting a lot but have been able to stay engaged and inoffensive or we have scum in the quiet wall flower crowd. Since mafia is actually hard, the real answer is probably 1 or 2 in the former and the rest in the latter and with a team of 5-6 mafia, these calls for L_P and Mazre aren't bad. I'd add in Bronx for good measure since the extent of that role has been drunk posting day 1 and shooting the shit day 3. I don't think he's even been pressed into a read yet.

Speaking of pressing, I do still have about 24 hours until I need a solidified vote.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Where are you hiding?

Faddy

Banned
Oh right, because of this. Splinter being alive makes Faddy's call to lynch Natiko so much easier because there was this weird element of unknown and possible private talks between the two. It loses some of it's appeal without it. I also still lean town on Natiko because of my D1 argument with him and not much has really swayed me on him since then. With Faddy going back to beat this horse some more, all I see is town in a tunnel.

Right. Maybe my argument against Natiko giving a questionable defence of me is better applied against you who was giving me scum looks yesterday.

What has changed in your mind that I am unlikely to be scum

Faddy

Banned
So now all caught up, I do agree that we've hit a point where the people actually doing overt scummy things ended up being town. Which means either we have scum in the people who are posting a lot but have been able to stay engaged and inoffensive or we have scum in the quiet wall flower crowd. Since mafia is actually hard, the real answer is probably 1 or 2 in the former and the rest in the latter and with a team of 5-6 mafia, these calls for L_P and Mazre aren't bad. I'd add in Bronx for good measure since the extent of that role has been drunk posting day 1 and shooting the shit day 3. I don't think he's even been pressed into a read yet.

Speaking of pressing, I do still have about 24 hours until I need a solidified vote.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Where are you hiding?

Sorian votes for Bronx, how predictable.

Top Bottom