• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Fireblend

Banned
I don't think I understand the premise in this post. When you say the weight of Natiko's read, are you talking about Fat or Time?

Sorry, I feel like I'd read something earlier about Natiko scumreading Fat that I'm trying to find now and coming up empty handed. What I meant to say there is that I find your initial argument for lynching Fat (that he might have been the intended target of the poison shot, not sure how I mixed up Natiko in there) more believable than the hypothetical of Time wanting to buy himself another night.

Sorian

Banned
Also why do you think your power will confirm you 100% as town?

Probably because I straight said that it would in my eyes. His power as he's described it is never one that scum would have. It would be too easy to get a free mislynch because he could just choose 4 townies and then fuck right off for a day. It could be neutral still so I should have said 100% non scum but close enough.

Faddy

Banned
Probably because I straight said that it would in my eyes. His power as he's described it is never one that scum would have. It would be too easy to get a free mislynch because he could just choose 4 townies and then fuck right off for a day. It could be neutral still so I should have said 100% non scum but close enough.

Unless it has a restrictions like he needs to pick two of his team mates or some other modifier to make it fair.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry, I feel like I'd read something earlier about Natiko scumreading Fat that I'm trying to find now and coming up empty handed. What I meant to say there is that I find your initial argument for lynching Fat (that he might have been the intended target of the poison shot, not sure how I mixed up Natiko in there) more believable than the hypothetical of Time wanting to buy himself another night.

Right, the issue is that the poison could just be scum aligned which would mean Fat is town. That's why it's not a road I really want to go down yet, I assume Joker will flip tonight since scum likely knows who they are and then we'd know if he was the poisoner or not.

Sorian

Banned
Unless it has a restrictions like he needs to pick two of his team mates or some other modifier to make it fair.

That would be unrealistic. What if he is the last scum member left and hasn't used the power yet? You could just say the restriction no longer applies but that feels weird from a design standpoint.

Fireblend

Banned

If that was an actual scum role I feel like the best use of it would be on night 1 and turn the thunderdome into a lottery basically.

Faddy

Banned
That would be unrealistic. What if he is the last scum member left and hasn't used the power yet? You could just say the restriction no longer applies but that feels weird from a design standpoint.

If there is less than 2 scum he would lose the power

Verelios

I don't understand why a day is so much to ask here. Like, lynch me tomorrow if it doesn't pop.
You really need to calm down, it's not like half the players are raring to lynch you or anything. I'll be the first to say that I'm moderately okay gambling on this being true...and if it's not then we catch scum/neutral

Sorian

Banned
Nudull. What's the days-alive record for a townie after claiming a protective role again?

Star was a doctor that claimed early in gafia 1 (maybe 2?) and she lived almost the entire game. If the player is hardly participating, a perfectly valid strategy is to just let them live and get mislynched eventually. Getting off a good protect is super rare anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
I have to leave, but here's a read list and a vote. I'll hopefully be back later, but I'm not a fan of phone-mafia-ing so don't expect much. This list is roughly ordered.

Town-leaning:
CCS
Flame_AC
Timeaisis

Undecided:
Penguin
Lone_Prodigy
Bronx-Man
AbsolutBro
Nudull
Zippedpinhead
Verelios
Faddy

Scum-leaning:
Sorian
acohrs
Fat4all

I'd like to see Fat4all, acohrs, Sorian and Verelios on the thunderdome if we're doing that tomorrow (though I suspect if we end up lynching Time and he's town these will be roughly the competing lynch options). Replace Fat with Faddy if he is lynched and flips scum:

Vote: Fat4all

I've been scumreading him most of the game, there's an ok reason to believe he might have been targetted by the Joker previously for being Robin or just scum-aligned in general, and Faddy seems to be oddly protective of him today and that's rapidly making me reevaluate their relationship.

Penguin

You. But not your power, I just want you to do anything in any way that will help me see what alignment you are.

I got nothing

Even my power is kind of pointless in proving anything.

I will say it's easy enough to know who I am.

But even that can't be proven until death haha

Fat4all

Banned
I'm not Robin, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I was targeted by the Joker(?) is because Royal announced he was targeting me at night.

I don't think I would of been targeted with the poison otherwise.

Sorian

Banned
That is exactly what I'm saying!

I know no one has to believe me, but it gave me a good laugh when I got the role.

This is so hilariously dumb that I want to believe it. That said, this isn't what I'm talking about Penguin. I want you to actually give thoughts not pop in and ask who to lynch today.

I'm not Robin, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I was targeted by the Joker(?) is because Royal announced he was targeting me at night.

I don't think I would of been targeted with the poison otherwise.

Maybe, I like to think no one would have been dumb enough to actually fall for that though.

I know I have been a bit out here of it this day period. So right now the main option is timeaisis so he doesn't cage match us, and we are discussing whether that's a good thing or not?

Pretty sure this is a town power, most abilities that restrict the number of possible lynches are town based.

I'm leaning towards letting time live, getting our cage match and seeing if we can't just get a scum out today anyway.

Faddy

Banned
I know I have been a bit out here of it this day period. So right now the main option is timeaisis so he doesn't cage match us, and we are discussing whether that's a good thing or not?

Pretty sure this is a town power, most abilities that restrict the number of possible lynches are town based.

I'm leaning towards letting time live, getting our cage match and seeing if we can't just get a scum out today anyway.

See this is a pretty useless post. You don't want Time but you don't say anything about who you would like instead.

No reaction to me putting you as top suspect for being the Joker either.

I apologize for being gone so long. Weekends are normally bad enough for me, but this one is (still) particularly busy. I will try to get something more useful down later this evening, but for now I will try to catch up a bit.

The big discussion right now is centering on Time's power, which I guess is a modified version of the showdown power we saw in Danganronpa. That worked out spectacularly poorly for town in that game, since we ended up with a thunderdome between two town and scum just sort of laughed at us all the way to the mislynch. Granted, four people gives us a better chance of getting at least one scum (or at least, "at least one non-town") but given that the neutral team/Joker seems to be somewhat town aligned (given they want to kill a scum player) getting Joker seems only useful insofar as it stops him from killing town along the way.

The game started with 24 players. We now know that at least 2, and I suspect only 2, are/were neutral, leaving 22 players to split between town and scum. My guess would be a 17/4+1(lost scum/Mazre) split, but 16/5+1 is certainly not impossible if their powers were on the weaker side. I lean towards 17 town, 4+1 scum and the 2 neutral. Given deaths are currently 6 town, 1 (lost) scum, 1 neutral, that site us at approx 13/4/1. Yay, basic math.

As for my power, I'm a hair breath from claiming so you all can understand why I haven't produced a single useful result, last night included. I'm working on a reads list but don't want to take too long with this post, so ... posting.

See this is a pretty useless post. You don't want Time but you don't say anything about who you would like instead.

No reaction to me putting you as top suspect for being the Joker either.

I said within ththe first hour of this day that Sorian is the joker. I don't want time as my vote today and I'm unsure if I want to vote for who I think is the joker (a neutral) or try and find scum.

Right now I'm leaning fat4all or verelios.

Sorian

Banned

I'm not voting Time because I think cage matches are bad, I'm voting him because I think he is lying. I don't think you've actually read today if you tried to distill it down the way you did.

Sorian

Banned
I said within ththe first hour of this day that Sorian is the joker. I don't want time as my vote today and I'm unsure if I want to vote for who I think is the joker (a neutral) or try and find scum.

I don't remember you calling me out so I went back to check and no you didn't? Only skimmed the first two pages after day start but I didn't see you putting down this thought anywhere in there. Just talking about Mazre.

Faddy

Banned

Are you sure you posted that here and not in the scum chat?

I had thought in my reads list yesterday I indicated that I thought Sorian was the joker. I'm 99% sure he is based on his gameplay...

So I am sorry I did not indicate that. I thought I had but I hadn't.

Sorian

Banned
Are you sure you posted that here and not in the scum chat?

I laughed.

I had thought in my reads list yesterday I indicated that I thought Sorian was the joker. I'm 99% sure he is based on his gameplay...

So I am sorry I did not indicate that. I thought I had but I hadn't.

This is how we sneak reads through without posting about them. So, why do you think that since gameplay is a very broad term.

Sorian

Banned
I've commented on your weird play since day one, friend.

You've had me on a list since day 1, yes, I'm aware. My point is you feel more frantic and sound more like you're begging even though you've only garnered a second vote and plenty of people who are fine risking the wait.

Timeaisis

I mean, it's been 24 hours and no one is voting anything. I'm not frantic, just trying to get something to happen and you are suspect #1.

Flame_AC

So do we care about lynching the Joker/Sorian? If their goal is to kill a member of the Batsquad, does it really matter?

What if Robin was actually a town role as Red Hood?

Sorian

Banned
I mean, it's been 24 hours and no one is voting anything. I'm not frantic, just trying to get something to happen and you are suspect #1.

We've noticed, it's always an excellent look when people are talking about other things and someone keeps trying to slam through their one and only thought for the day. You, at least, had the decency to ask everyone for top 4 town then top 4 scum but you didn't even bother interacting with anyone's list who named me positively or didn't put me as top scum.

But yes, I'm supposed to believe you are town and trust you to prove it overnight when all you've bothered to do today is self-preserve and tunnel the player calling for your head the loudest.

Timeaisis

We've noticed, it's always an excellent look when people are talking about other things and someone keeps trying to slam through their one and only thought for the day. You, at least, had the decency to ask everyone for top 4 town then top 4 scum but you didn't even bother interacting with anyone's list who named me positively or didn't put me as top scum.

But yes, I'm supposed to believe you are town and trust you to prove it overnight when all you've bothered to do today is self-preserve and tunnel the player calling for your head the loudest.

And your not tunneling me? Is that there narrative your presenting here?

Nudull

Banned
I think we need to do something here. I definitely don't want to lynch a doctor. So Nudull since your claim is somewhat light on details how about you pitch in a few more.

Your targets for previous nights and your reasons
Your character name

Seeing how people reacted to my roleclaim in the first place, it'd be best not to talk too much of it. I will say that I could've done something last night phase, but a private matter prevented me from doing so. I apologize.

I'm nervous about how this round will end, but I still have my optimism.

franconp

Day 4 votes

timeaisis (3)
sorian 2090
flame_ac 2203
faddy 2294

ccs (0)
timeaisis 2159 (2165)

sorian (1)
timeaisis 2165

verelios (0)
faddy 2199 (2294)

nudull (1)
acohrs 2230

fat4all (1)
fireblend 2318

Day 4 ends:
bla_1494284400.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Timeaisis

Yes, I wanted to to discuss everyone's top town. Which kind of fell through. Now you are clearly hiding something so I'm focused on you.

Why are you so interested in lynching me today? What could you possibly lose from letting me stay alive another night and confirm myself as town? Perhaps you need another couple days for your win condition as joker and can't risk a thunderdome tomorrow. Perhaps you want to kill me now through lynch so I don't interfere with your scum team's plans later. I'm not sure. It is interesting, though.

Sorian

Banned
Yes, I wanted to to discuss everyone's top town. Which kind of fell through. Now you are clearly hiding something so I'm focused on you.

Why are you so interested in lynching me today? What could you possibly lose from letting me stay alive another night and confirm myself as town? Perhaps you need another couple days for your win condition as joker and can't risk a thunderdome tomorrow. Perhaps you want to kill me now through lynch so I don't interfere with your scum team's plans later. I'm not sure. It is interesting, though.

Because I think you're scum and have been lying the whole game. I don't have such a strong read anywhere else so I don't want to give you another day because then we'd just likely end up with a mislynch instead. You can say I'm worried about your thunderdome as Joker but I wanted to lynch you before your claim and during your first lie anyway. And saying I'm scum is the exact same argument I have going your way so that doesn't mean much. You're desperate and have dropped all pretenses about pretending to scum hunt.

Timeaisis

Because I think you're scum and have been lying the whole game. I don't have such a strong read anywhere else so I don't want to give you another day because then we'd just likely end up with a mislynch instead. You can say I'm worried about your thunderdome as Joker but I wanted to lynch you before your claim and during your first lie anyway. And saying I'm scum is the exact same argument I have going your way so that doesn't mean much. You're desperate and have dropped all pretenses about pretending to scum hunt.

And what lie would that be? And I've not dropped scum hunting at all, in fact I'm doing it right now. Look at that.

I like how your argument against me is exactly the same as my argument against you vis a vis our top targets (eachother) and yet somehow according to your logic your's is stronger, despite the fact that I have a proveable claimed role.

Top Bottom