• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Karkador

Banned
I'm not so sure how that silencer shot could be of use to anyone, but the case of using it on Karkador/Xbro tells me it must be pro-town.
At least it looks like it to me, because then they need to talk about their plans in here as long as they aren't scummy.
If they discuss in here everything is alright, because it's harder for Kark to try pulling some weird stuff that involves another person (his partner).

Yes, this is basically what I meant when I said "I think I get why you did it"

Dr. Worm

Banned
so if the narrative we like (well, I like) is "scum pushed an easy lynch, town tried to counter it and failed miserably," then

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Xbro & Karkador (6)
flatearthpandas 387 619
Ty4on 695 1237
Ourobolus 1021
Fireblend 1206
Sorian 1268 1352
Royal_Flush 1436
Muffin1611
Darryl
Samuraischnecke

this seems like it's worth looking at, since these would be the folks who would be the scum trying to set that up

Ty4on had an early pressure vote, then jumped once Kark showed up

Ouro looked to still be sitting on some kind of pressure vote

rip in pepperonis Fireblend

Sorian came in with a pressure vote awaiting The Analysis, abandoned to bicker with Darryl

Flush voted after The Analysis, seemingly not a fan

Darryl votes in part to ease off Sorian, which was starting to get pretty tiring

Muffin and Samurai both voted here, with muffin claiming to be pissed with Kark's shade and samurai presumably sheeping

Okay, I've given my take on all of this and how Kark tried to throw shade at my pair for reasons that are applicable to many people is really just reinforcing my opinion of him. Gonna go ahead and vote.

VOTE: Xbro

Also before anything gets in the way IRL I will place my vote aswell

VOTE: Xbro

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
Block 3 players, but it wouldn't work on scum.

Did the Silencer actually not work on scum or is that an assumption?

Because if you were a lucky townie and hit 2 or 3 scums, just one of each pair and you could undermine those persons from every kind of planning in their chats. So as townie you'd go for those who appear scummy and planning masterminds (or "gamblers" how some people here like to call Kark). Sucks if you hit town then, tho. *sigh*
Complicated role... IF IT EXISTS *glares everywhere*

That theory only works if they are also silenced from scumchat ofc. I have no idea what it does exactly. Does anyone know?

Did the Silencer actually not work on scum or is that an assumption?

Because if you were a lucky townie and hit 2 or 3 scums, just one of each pair and you could undermine those persons from every kind of planning in their chats. So as townie you'd go for those who appear scummy and planning masterminds (or "gamblers" how some people here like to call Kark). Sucks if you hit town then, tho. *sigh*
Complicated role... IF IT EXISTS *glares everywhere*

That theory only works if they are also silenced from scumchat ofc. I have no idea what it does exactly. Does anyone know?

in LB1, if the neutral silencer were to hit scum, it would fail and scum would be given all the information they could have needed about it to make a fake claim.

I very much doubt that if we have a silencer here that it would work the exact same way though.

As far as the Orb vote goes, I'm wary of Sorian because he's the one who went for the train the easiest and the fastest.

My vote was on Orb way before any of this even happened. I think it will be crucial to note how quickly that train took off.

Will go back after I get bored of WoW

Sorian trying to get a second train going is not unusual, and it's not necessarily a bad play, especially if it later turns out that one of the lynchees was scum.

Orb and Kitsune were tied in second place on 3 when he made that vote (and Darryl, but Sorian was voting Darryl), and it's possible that Sorian missed Darryl's vote on Kitsune since it was only one minute before his vote on Orb.

franconp

Well, seems like I'm not the only one who finds it weird how the Orb train took off and encourages discussion on it.

Yes, and it happens every time. But it's pretty useless unless we know if it was town vs town or town vs scum.

We are trying to draw a conclusion when you only have half the info. There's no way we can get something clear out of it right now.

Yes, and it happens every time. But it's pretty useless unless we know if it was town vs town or town vs scum.

We are trying to draw a conclusion when you only have half the info. There's no way we can get something clear out of it right now.

So what's your proposition? Starting from half the info on a lead seems like the better place to start for me than starting from nothing again. Makes it barely different from D1.

franconp

So what's your proposition? Starting from half the info on a lead seems like the better place to start for me than starting from nothing again. Makes it barely different from D1.

It's different from D1. The info we have so far is that TWE/Orb and Fire/Exodus were ordinary townies. We have Kark claiming that someone silenced their chat. We know who didn't voted and we know who coasted day one.

It's not a lot but the game just started.

kingkitty

If that silence thing isn't just an ass gambit lie, then my initial gut reaction is that it's scum because there's a lot of potential pair chats to disrupt, while there's only 1 scum chat. Although apparently looking at this thread, this was a neutral role in the first loveboat. I honestly don't remember the first loveboat that well. Feels like decades ago.

I don't think Burb would directly copy the same type of role, alignment and all from the last game. But I am not Burb so I can't say for certain.

Sorian

Banned
I'm awake! Thought Sawneeks would get to the thread first but we told each other we'd be busy for most of the day so since I'm here, Saw should be around later from what I gathered, busy with work.

Continuation of the yesterday's post:

okay, so the only-slightly-more-than-nothing posts continue: 1, 2, 3

Ant then the supervillain comes through again: 1, 2. Especially the first one is like "You're such a fascinating creature, ty. I'm curious why you would make such an odd move. What are you going to tell them?"

Then he goes after Kark for a bit, which somebody has to do after all but still is an easy thing to do: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

As basically last action of the day he goes on with making connections between pairs. 1, 2, 3. He did this earlier already in this post.

Last post of the day: 1. Votes for Orb. He hasn't mentioned any suspicion against Orb or TWE before. however, he quotes dragonz and says how they talked in their chat about Orb. This smells like an easy public justification to swing the vote away from Kark. That argument of course only works if Kark is actual Scum. Also note that the interaction with Kark does not speak against this, because somebody had to call out Kark anyway, so it might as well be a Scumbuddy to earn Townie-points in case of a lynch.

Conclusion: I feel like we're being toyed with. Even if you disagree on that feeling (and I can understand this; its just a feeling after all), some of you are greatly over estimating the value of Vere's post. Of note here are Muffin and Sorian. To a lesser extent also Fireblend, but that was close to the three post I marked as "perfectly fine and good" yesterday. Verelios surely isn't coasting, but he also isn't exactly putting pressure on not-easy targets.

Reading your post, I still feel like Vere is pulling his weight. I had to give up reading taht huge block he wrote but that seemed like it was good too. Not giving myself that hadache 15minutes after waking up though.

So, why did so many of you go for Orb and Edge? Somewhere in the day I remember that a few people said their posts were suspicious, which I didn't understand at all and thus ignored. They didn't seem different from other low-profile posters. That it became a race between Kark and them came out of left field for me.

Because you wouldn't help me with Darryl when it's clear that's what I believed for for at least half a day and you suddenly went for it when time was gone on that one. Darryl had jumped ship to Kark which read to me like scum tossing in with an easy town lynch and I wanted something else to counter that wagon. I had already talked about how I didn't like TWE or Orb's contributions so didn't really feel bad moving my vote there.

Right now I'm thinking we shouldn't say what it is, because it's perhaps better to keep it a secret for their next target - and hope they hit scum.

So, to whoever it was, I think I get why you did it, but don't out yourself.

We got hit with a silencing shot. So we can't really communicate throughout Day 2.

I didn't really know if it was proper etiquette to bring it up out of the blue, and I couldn't really ask Kark how to broach the subject.

lol, I quoted Kark's first vague post ready to say this was bullshit but these two posts within a minute of each other read too much like no actual coordination on first read. Typing this up now, I see how this could actually be extremely coordinated but idk, knowing Kark and what I've gathered from Xbro's play so far, this seems legit on first read through.

Do you think it's town or neutral then?

To be a bit meta, do you think Burb just reused the same neutral as love boat 1 then?

I do think Burb would use the same power again, I highly doubt he put in the exact same neutral again.

XKark, are you roleblocked?

This is role fishing.

Scum could use it to make a strong pair unable to share their reads. It makes sense. Town doesn't. It's most likely to hit town than scum with it. Why would a townie use it?

If it's neutral, What is their win condition? What was in LB1?

Hey Ouro, does it make any sense for a town member to have the ability to force someone else to only post in memes for an entire day phase?

To hop to the end of this logic train, while I do think a silencer sounds scum because I am eliminating the possibility of neutral, nothing is stopping it from being a town power.

--------

VOTE: franconp

Darryl has votes and I'll get back to that later. This is really for Worm more than fran. What kind of answer were you expecting from that role block question?

franconp

I, for once, would like to know why Nin, Trigger and StarSketch didn't voted.

Would love some reads and opinions from StarSketch, Nin, Trigger, Nomadic and Xbro instead of just fluff.

Also would like to know anything from Tsuxna.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian trying to get a second train going is not unusual, and it's not necessarily a bad play, especially if it later turns out that one of the lynchees was scum.

Orb and Kitsune were tied in second place on 3 when he made that vote (and Darryl, but Sorian was voting Darryl), and it's possible that Sorian missed Darryl's vote on Kitsune since it was only one minute before his vote on Orb.

It is as easy as it sounds. I opened the vote count tool, refreshed it, and placed a vote on whoever was second behind Kark/Xbro. I can't remember if I saw Darryl's vote beforehand but it likely doesn't matter since the vote count is always delayed and I wasn't bothering actually counting votes in real time.

Sawneeks

Banned
Hello lovelies 😘

Just got home from work, gonna get something to eat and then catch up on what I've missed so far this Day Phase. If you have any questions you want me to answer just let me know~!

franconp

Hello lovelies 😘

Just got home from work, gonna get something to eat and then catch up on what I've missed so far this Day Phase. If you have any questions you want me to answer just let me know~!

Are you scum?

Also some insight would be a good idea.

Sorian

Banned
you could be roleblocked as a vanilla

it wouldn't do anything, but you'd technically still have been roleblocked

People who are roleblocked are rarely directly told that they are roleblocked. Either their power activates or it didn't. Vanillas don't have the capability of saying if they were roleblocked.

Dr. Worm

Banned
People who are roleblocked are rarely directly told that they are roleblocked. Either their power activates or it didn't. Vanillas don't have the capability of saying if they were roleblocked.

if they were notified of the silence, it would make sense to include "and you can't submit a PR if you have one," since presumably PRs shouldn't submit without consulting with partners anyway, and to avoid a situation if both submitted

but w/e, obv we don't know

Sorian

Banned
Fine, didn't shy away from the topic and I'm fine with fran and have you as null anyway. Not really a gotcha moment even if that was an awkward question.

I leave to work in like an hour so will check in and out and park on Darryl while I'm away.

VOTE: Darryl

Darryl

Banned
Things like this post are the epitome of Darryls bad argument. So they're wrong because they're using gifs after you make a pretty unbelievable statement? You said that Fats action of going through the posts of one single person was scummy. Nearly every single person here does this.

Not every post that I made last night was meant to prove that anyone was scum. Me and Sorian were personality clashing and getting pissy at each other. I was just arguing with him because I was arguing with him for some of that. It wasn't all a take-down. I should have given up the argument after I made my points and just disappeared, but I felt as though I had to keep posting because I was being accused of not following through and responding to anyone. I was caught in a trap and I was basically getting heated and my argument was being lost from my declining patience. I'm trying hard to keep things GAF-friendly.

The post that you're quoting here is a good reason why. I'm obviously frustrated in this post that my points were shut down by sarcasm. Trying to have a discussion and having people "dude am I dreaming" and posting reaction GIFs is not having a discussion. I was upset that I couldn't make my points. What's worse is that - I don't like how people like you, Crimson, and Ourobolus (from what I can remember) were essentially tone policing! You guys just chimed in to drop narrative-guiding chunks of nothing. Like it doesn't matter if Darryl has points or is trying to make an argument, I don't like how he said it! I don't like him being holier than thou! I'm not going to step in and help this argument, I'm just going to watch and shape the narrative There's 15 teams in this game. We don't have time to waste leading lynches/trying to alter the narratives based on tone and I really don't like how you basically only chimed in towards the end of the day to do just that. I don't think we had the day to waste so I was trying to find an angle to make the day useful in my perspective.

I think it's really obvious that I had points. I tried really hard to make my points clear. You can say they were weak, they obviously were, it was a day 1 argument, but at least I had something. No one else had anything.

Not every post that I made last night was meant to prove that anyone was scum. Me and Sorian were personality clashing and getting pissy at each other. I was just arguing with him because I was arguing with him for some of that. It wasn't all a take-down. I should have given up the argument after I made my points and just disappeared, but I felt as though I had to keep posting because I was being accused of not following through and responding to anyone. I was caught in a trap and I was basically getting heated and my argument was being lost from my declining patience. I'm trying hard to keep things GAF-friendly.

This part I can understand.

You guys just chimed in to drop narrative-guiding chunks of nothing.

I think it's really obvious that I had points. I tried really hard to make my points clear. You can say they were weak, they obviously were, it was a day 1 argument, but at least I had something. No one else had anything.

This part makes me question if you actually read anything besides that argument you had. Or if we played the same game.

Sorian

Banned
The issue is that I don't think there were any good points. It is clear you got baited, I said that in a post during the last part of the day phase which is why I think you stayed stuck on us for so long but your initial points were faulty to begin with. They revolved around not liking my town reads at first and then an overreaction to Fat finally taking time to read over you and post thoughts.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Darryl & nin1000 (3)
CrimsonFist 1676
Ourobolus 1727
Sorian 1831

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
Nomadic Sparks 1707

franconp & Dr. Worm (0): Sorian 1821 1831

CrimsonFist & Sophia (0): Natiko 1697 1723

Xbro & Karkador (0): Verelios 1752 1761

No active vote for Day 2: CzarTim, Darryl, Dr. Worm, flatearthpandas, franconp, Karkador, kingkitty, kitsunelaine, Muffin1611, Natiko (has previously voted), nin1000, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, Sawneeks, Sophia, StarSketch, Trigger, TsuXna, Ty4on, Verelios (has previously voted), WhereAreMahDragonz, Xbro

Day 2 Postcount: CrimsonFist 13, CzarTim 1, Darryl 1, Dr. Worm 13, flatearthpandas 1, franconp 11, Karkador 10, kingkitty 2, kitsunelaine 0, Muffin1611 25, Natiko 7, nin1000 5, Nomadic Sparks 8, Ourobolus 7, Royal_Flush 11, Samuraischnecke 3, Sawneeks 1, Sophia 12, Sorian 6, StarSketch 0, Trigger 0, TsuXna 0, Ty4on 17, Verelios 16, WhereAreMahDragonz 3, Xbro 7

Day 2 ends:
pin_1502391600.png

Automated vote tally here

14 votes for majority

Darryl

Banned
This part I can understand.

This part makes me question if you actually read anything besides that argument you had. Or if we played the same game.

Outside of my argument it was quite common to be talking about activity lynches. That was a major theme yesterday. I don't vibe with those at all. All of the other argument's people were talking about seemed far less substantial and none of it caught my eye was having merit. Didn't see anyone particularly emboldened to lynch anyone, just people who felt like they were trying to lead other's into voting for people. What was it that caught your eye? Did the lynch we had last night satisfy you?

Darryl

Banned
The issue is that I don't think there were any good points. It is clear you got baited, I said that in a post during the last part of the day phase which is why I think you stayed stuck on us for so long but your initial points were faulty to begin with. They revolved around not liking my town reads at first and then an overreaction to Fat finally taking time to read over you and post thoughts.

You can say that the point I had that I screenshotted was wrong, but I don't believe that you couldn't understand where I was coming from at the very least. Like, how can anyone not understand my angle? How can anyone think that I was scummy for following that train of thought? It really looked like Fat4all was trying to be deceptive and that I caught him trying to form ideas to lead town onto lynches that were misguided and toxic.

Outside of my argument it was quite common to be talking about activity lynches. That was a major theme yesterday. I don't vibe with those at all. All of the other argument's people were talking about seemed far less substantial and none of it caught my eye was having merit. Didn't see anyone particularly emboldened to lynch anyone, just people who felt like they were trying to lead other's into voting for people. What was it that caught your eye? Did the lynch we had last night satisfy you?

Of course not, I didn't have that lynch on my radar at all. Kark would have been okay, additionally to being inactive he did it on purpose for nothing. But that falls under an activity lynch, as you say.

There were other discussion though, I pressured Ouro before that, which wasn't activity based. This was based on a weird read from Ouro and Ouros dodgy playstyle.
Dragonz also would have been a possibility for me if Verelios wouldn't have contributed as much. That there was nothing interesting besides activity lynch talk is just plain false.

Sawneeks

Banned
Are you scum?

Also some insight would be a good idea.

*double checks pm* no

Off the top of my head some thoughts are:
-That Orb lynch came out of nowhere. Went from multiple people going 'man they are kinda scummy' to 'let's lynch em!' in a very short amount of time with a few people, namely Crimson and Muffin I think?, jumping on for...some reason.
-Kark isn't being Kark. I know he gambits and whatnot but, unlike Blarg, whenever Kark pulls something he explains it and argues for it in immense detail for multiple pages. He did what? 4 posts on his gambit this time? Not feeling great here and his partner hasn't left any impression on me either.
-Ouro is being a weirdo and obtuse as fuck and I don't get why. Not really any scum hunting from him on Day 1 and I expect more from him. As I explained to Sorian in our chat it feels like he's purposefully hanging in the middle ground right now and I can't tell his alignment from it.
-I'm not as dead set on Darryl being scum as Sorian is but I definitely don't like how he presented himself last Day Phase.
-Sophia was extremely aggressive early last Day Phase and it still leaves me feeling bad about her as that's not how she usually is.
-I really like Vere's comments so far and that kinda freaks me out? Like, normally I lightly scum read him whenever I read his games so it's really weird.
-Ty and Royal haven't left an impression on me like they usually do and I need to sit down and go through their posts to find out why.

brb gonna read now

*double checks pm* no

Off the top of my head some thoughts are:
-That Orb lynch came out of nowhere. Went from multiple people going 'man they are kinda scummy' to 'let's lynch em!' in a very short amount of time with a few people, namely Crimson and Muffin I think?, jumping on for...some reason.

I wasn't on Orb a single moment, it came just as surprising to me.

Sorian

Banned
You can say that the point I had that I screenshotted was wrong, but I don't believe that you couldn't understand where I was coming from at the very least. Like, how can anyone not understand my angle? How can anyone think that I was scummy for following that train of thought? It really looked like Fat4all was trying to be deceptive and that I caught him trying to form ideas to lead town onto lynches that were misguided and toxic.

I do understand where you were coming from and I can see where the premise evolved from but there's an issue at the core which you said yourself. You found there to be an issue with him singling you out and looking for scummy behavior as if that is a rare occurrence. Now I know that is not your style which is the only thing that lends this a bit of believability but you are well aware that a lot of people in this community do that. That's where I think this became more a frame job than a scum hunt.

Darryl

Banned
Of course not, I didn't have that lynch on my radar at all. Kark would have been okay, additionally to being inactive he did it on purpose for nothing. But that falls under an activity lynch, as you say.

There were other discussion though, I pressured Ouro before that, which wasn't activity based. This was based on a weird read from Ouro and Ouros dodgy playstyle.
Dragonz also would have been a possibility for me if Verelios wouldn't have contributed as much. That there was nothing interesting besides activity lynch talk is just plain false.

I read that argument, yeah. In one of my read's posts really early I put down Ouro in my scum list, and I also tried (prior to me arguing with Fat4all) to attempt to feel out whether there was any connection between Ouro and Sorian as I thought they were both acting off. So, I know I have two posts commenting along that narrative showing that I was paying attention. You can go back and see them. The lynch didn't sell, so was there really a good argument against Ouro if the prospects of lynching an inactivity were greater? I thought we needed better so I tried to find something better.

I read that argument, yeah. In one of my read's posts really early I put down Ouro in my scum list, and I also tried (prior to me arguing with Fat4all) to attempt to feel out whether there was any connection between Ouro and Sorian as I thought they were both acting off. So, I know I have two posts commenting along that narrative showing that I was paying attention. You can go back and see them. The lynch didn't sell, so was there really a good argument against Ouro if the prospects of lynching an inactivity were greater? I thought we needed better so I tried to find something better.

What you found to be better didn't sell either. And I wasn't alone on the Ouro thing and also remember people like Fireblend (may he rest in peace) heavily disagree with you that nothing noteworthy happened.

Sophia

This post is way too passive: scum

Your face is way too passive. :p

-Ty and Royal haven't left an impression on me like they usually do and I need to sit down and go through their posts to find out why.

Curious to hear your opinion on these two when you get done reading. Ty's been all over the place for me, and I didn't feel Royal was doing much in the way of scumhunting on Day 1. I really liked his posts against Verellios tho.

Darryl

Banned
I do understand where you were coming from and I can see where the premise evolved from but there's an issue at the core which you said yourself. You found there to be an issue with him singling you out and looking for scummy behavior as if that is a rare occurrence. Now I know that is not your style which is the only thing that lends this a bit of believability but you are well aware that a lot of people in this community do that. That's where I think this became more a frame job than a scum hunt.

My accusation against him was that his posts were not consistent with having read my posts. It is obvious that he misread them twice. It looked deceptive. I'm trying to say that there are two different ways of going back through people's posts to do research. You can go through them and try to get a read on whether they're town or scum. You can go back through them, grab them all, and spin them into making someone look like they're scum. I felt as if he did the last one and I had evidence for it. I think it is a worthwhile argument to make. I do admit to having done that while I was scum before and it is not consistent with my research methods as town, personally. Maybe that is something that you do.

So, I'll be out of here for the night. Wanted to at least put some effort in already so some people don't start claiming again I'm rehashing others arguments and are actually doing nothing in terms of contributing :p

Top Bottom