• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Connery all smiles as the James Bond theme played at US Open

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
http://people.com/celebrity/sean-connery-smiles-at-us-open-james-bond-theme/

My man!! Looking good Sean!

DIeJczMW0AAMDz5

liquidtmd

Banned
For 87 he's mobile af and looks fine

Iconic guy

Man I just re-watched Last Crusade, still one of my all time favorite movies.

I remember going to see it with my mum and dad aged 7, thinking 'Man Sean looks so old to seeing him on TV as Bond' lol - and that 28 years ago

I get why Raiders is seen more as a classic, but I've always just loved Crusade the most. Him and Ford had a great onscreen rapport.

"How did you know she was a Nazi"?

"Talks in her sleep"

* Connery shit eating grin

He looks pretty good for his age. Still pulled the greatest con by winning an oscar for a Irish role with a scottish accent.

Marvie_3

Banned
My mom loves Connery and saw him on tv. She texted me and told me to give him her number if I saw him when I was there. :lol

belushy

Banned
Wasn't he suffering from Alzheimer's very recently? He looks pretty good in that picture at least.

edit: Well then, I guess it was shot down (as false) by Michael Caine. I'm so glad to hear that for Sean.

Ah yes. Sean Connery. My first milkshake duck.

An open-handed slap is justified – if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it.
Playboy magazine, 1965.
There are women who take it to the wire. That's what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack.
Interview with Barbara Walters, December 1987.

cool moment tho

Agreed on Last Crusade. "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne!"

Untouchables is another good one.

Untouchables is awesome, I remember his interview on TVAM when he was promoting the movie. Then they played a clip when he was in his room with his pocket watch. Then came the shotgun.

Great memories

Volimar

Did he actually beat his wife or did he just make that boorish statement about it? I mean

An open-handed slap is justified – if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it.
Playboy magazine, 1965.
There are women who take it to the wire. That's what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack.
Interview with Barbara Walters, December 1987.

Neither of those say he actually hit his wife. Sorry if there's more out there, I hadn't heard of this before.

Connery & his wife have been married 40+ years & there has never once been accusations of domestic abuse. GAF just love hyperbole doesn't it?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Did he actually beat his wife or did he just make that boorish statement about it? I mean

Neither of those say he actually hit his wife. Sorry if there's more out there, I hadn't heard of this before.

Jesus Christ, that quote.

God dammit.

I'll be back, I need to go bump a thread.

Top Bottom