• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Fat4all

Banned
As for the other votes, I mentioned how I really disliked Fats vote favoring Kalor instead of Zeemu after he clearly stated voting him if he could, the change to kalor seems based poorly on him knowing something we don't.

I didn’t say I would vote for him ‘if I could’, but that I would vote for him ‘if I had to’, and I said that at a point where Zee and I were the two most likely to be lynched. Basically, if it came down to me or Zee by the end of the day, I would vote for Zee to assure that I wouldn’t be lynched, even though I didn’t read them as scum.

SalvaPot

I didn’t say I would vote for him ‘if I could’, but that I would vote for him ‘if I had to’, and I said that at a point where Zee and I were the two most likely to be lynched. Basically, if it came down to me or Zee by the end of the day, I would vote for Zee to assure that I wouldn’t be lynched, even though I didn’t read them as scum.

Sure, but why vote Kalor instead?

Fat4all

Banned
But at that moment in time they were tied, how exactly was kalor a better option?

Because I spent more time looking at Zee’s comments at the end of Day 2 and read them more Town leaning. I looked over Kalor briefly and my read was neutral.

I voted for one over the other because of that, and to try and guarantee I wouldn’t be lynched if votes suddenly shifted my way.

Faddy

Banned
Coming up on deadline time to revisit the rankings

TOWN
CCS
Penguin
Giant Panda
Swamped*
Fat4All
acohrs
Sorian
Dr Worm
Ourobolous
Nomadic Sparks
SalvaPot
zeemumu
Dusk Soldier
The Wizard
Kawl_USC
*Splinter
zeusy
SCUM

Obviously Splinter has massively tumbled down the rankings and less sure about Dr Worm. Big rises for acohrs and Fat4All. Mild rise for Sorian.

acohrs

Disagree with salva on zee, just cant see zee as scummy frim his messages, the tone is uncertain and too nervous for scum. an interesting case about dusk though. Want to hear what dusk has to reply

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm not gonna rack-and-stack everyone individually so these are just categories but they aren't in any order.

Townie:
Splinter
Kawl_USC
Sorian (begrudgingly)
CCS

Lean Townie:
Salvapot (begrudgingly, but that was a surprisingly detailed post for him)
Faddy (misguided as hell I think, but is trying)

Null:
Nomadic Sparks
Zeusy
acohrs
Giant Panda
Dusk Soldier

Lean Scummy:
Swamped

Scummy:
Fat4All
Penguin
zeemumu (contingent on fat flipping town)
Dr.Worm / Wizard (contingent on fat flipping scum)

Ty4on

Day 3 votes:

fat4all (4)
ccs 1038 (1152)
ourobolus 1050
the wizard 1062
zeusy 1109
nomadic sparks 1112

zeusy (3)
ccs 1152
faddy 1196
fat4all 1334

zeemumu (3)
giant panda 1256
penguin 1341
salvapot 1349

sorian (2)
*splinter 1009
acohrs 1018

swamped (2)
kawl_usc 1029
sorian 1083

salvapot (1)
dusk soldier 1107
salvapot 1111 (1348)

penguin (1)
zeemumu 1250

kalor (0)
salvapot 1348 (1349)

DAY 3 ENDS:
gre_1507068000.png

SalvaPot

Because I spent more time looking at Zee’s comments at the end of Day 2 and read them more Town leaning. I looked over Kalor briefly and my read was neutral.

I voted for one over the other because of that, and to try and guarantee I wouldn’t be lynched if votes suddenly shifted my way.

I'm going back to this in a moment, a customer just arrived.

acohrs

Like Faddy's readlist format so snaking it:

TOWN
CCS
Ourobolous
Kawl_USC
*Splinter
zeemumu
zeusy
Faddy
SalvaPot
Nomadic Sparks
Giant Panda
Penguin
Fat4All
Dusk Soldier
Dr Worm
The Wizard
Swamped*
Sorian
SCUM

Liking Ouro, Splinter, and Kawl's contributions so far, so after the semi-confirmed CCS, I read them as most towny. After that the z's, just don't see them being scum based on their actions. Faddy and Salva are next, like their contributions (in Salva's case his big contribution), but can't pin them down definitely as towny. Feeling slightly better about fatdog after today, don't think they're town yet, more NAI with a slight scum lean.

Next lot until Dusk, are NAI to me, can't determine whether town or scum. Would have included dusk in that list too until Salva's post, made me scumlean on dusk. HAven't liked Dr Worm's contributions, feels like drive by posts, doing enough to not be the main scumread but not enough to appear to be hunting as much as others. the Wizard/swamped strike me as classic scum coasters, but with swamped being replaced and the wizard not hitting today's post limit, will hold off until tomorrow.
Sorian is my main scumlean for today, for reasons stated when I voted, and also, get a feeling that Sorian is trying to muddy the waters with his discussion than help town solve. Especially with his comments in the aftermath of d2 end

Faddy

Banned
Difficult to get much out of Zeusy right now, kinda thinking a jester role but those who've played with him previously might know if his play is atypical?

A jester role to explain his scum behaviour. Just completely pulled straight out Wizard's ass surely someone will come in and call him out for these mental gymnastics....

I think I missed Wizard when I did my reads recently. His posts are... interesting. I haven't actually decided what that means yet.

I think this is Zeusy's second game, and yes this is about what I remember of him from the first. Little explanation for his reads and attacks anyone that suspects him.

Oh wait it is Splinter ignoring Wizard's mad cap read and insisting Zeusy is on the level... again.

*Splinter

A jester role to explain his scum behaviour. Just completely pulled straight out Wizard's ass surely someone will come in and call him out for these mental gymnastics....

Oh wait it is Splinter ignoring Wizard's mad cap read and insisting Zeusy is on the level... again.
Low hanging fruit, someone else can get it

Kawl_USC

Thinking about a jester role makes sense if it's your first game in the community and only have experience with like town of Salem or some shit. That comment is NAI.

And apparently zeusy played just like this in infamous and was town, so I think that is just his style. I get bad town player from him more than scum man. It's not just splinter, maybe pull up from the tunnel a bit.

Scummy:
zeemumu (contingent on fat flipping town)
Dr.Worm / Wizard (contingent on fat flipping scum)
Personally I would reverse the contingencies on those last two, if Fat is scum it's possible Zee was scum brethren which is why the late entrance of Kalor was necessary to scum. Could be a long shot. Similarly if Fat is scum I don't see much incentive for me or worm to put him out on the spotlight as much as he has been. Don't see why a scum Fat would hesitate to vote off a town Zee with the easy excuse of self preservation.
There we go

Sorry for that
Still missing Salvas post for Zee if I haven't missed something.
If Zee is to gain momentum late today I could be convinced to switch votes there, imo either Fat or Zee will give us good information to work from but Fat will fill in a bit more gaps. Looking back on day 2 I realise I could have had more influence by switching to Zee before the cutoff but by the time I was making my post (last minute) all it would have done is resulted in a tie.

Faddy

Banned
Thinking about a jester role makes sense if it's your first game in the community and only have experience with like town of Salem or some shit. That comment is NAI.

And apparently zeusy played just like this in infamous and was town, so I think that is just his style. I get bad town player from him more than scum man. It's not just splinter, maybe pull up from the tunnel a bit.

Asked hours ago about reasons to town read Zeusy for his unexplained, out of the blue votes, weird play and .... no response.

Bring in another bit of scummy evidence and he bat signal goes out to rally round.

Ourobolus

Banned
Zeusy's play just seems so dumb to me if he's scum. I know I talk a lot about taking sub-optimal play into account, but this is just...another level

Without knowing much about Zeusys individual playstyle I found his posts aloof and non-helpful enough that I felt jester was a real possibility. Don't know how common that role is in these games but I could see it being played in the manner he has posted so far, successfully pissing off other players enough to draw early attention to him. It sounds like he's been like this before though so that theory feels weaker, don't particularly see him as scum though.

Faddy

Banned
Well I mean typically you've got a whole team to coordinate with on the backend to "coach"

Look at how much energy is being expended for a player who didn't even make the minimum post count yesterday. You can only do so much coaching in the background, eventually you need to put the fires out in the thread.

Dr. Worm

Banned
so, taking into account my voteblock today, I'm not sure if I'd still want a fat lynch

I've been a bit busy the past couple of days, so I haven't had access to a desktop for the most part, though I've read through the arguments of the past couple of pages

Also just realised I missed Dr Worm in my reads list. The only thing I remember is how much he wants Fats dead. The intensity of his tunnel has not matched the strength of arguments he's put forward. Not sure what to make of that but it does make me wary of lynching fats.

my arguments were of much the same substance as anyone else's going into the final hour of D1 or D2; posts without much in the way of substance, reads that seemed overly safe to me.

no one paid any attention to this on D1; it was only toward the tail end of D2 that fat4all ever became anything of a wagon. I wasn't even around for the back half, as my availability doesn't sync with the EODs

for all the talk about Kalor as the out of nowhere option, fat4all wasn't on the menu until Wizard paid attention to me around six hours before the deadline, at which point he went from unconsidered to second-string. acohrs then clambered aboard with ten minutes to go, followed by Ouro two minutes later. zeemumu had three going into those final hours - an Ouro vote from the start of the phase, CSS and Kawl a decent amount prior to the vote, Kalor and Penguin the hour prior. the OG target was zeemumu, and I think it's possible that the fat train took off to distract from him.

I don't know what Nomadic and Zeusy and Sorian were up to with Kalor. Zeusy still didn't respond to my query here:

I think whoever did it to me did so knowing I'd raise a big stink, and fat4all would probably be an easy enough lynch even without my vote in that scenario

Zeusy, Nomadic, what's your take on this?

and I'd be curious about opening this up to everyone else, for that matter, because it would definitely appear to be intentional that I'm targeted here

acohrs

fuck it hour to go and sorian isn't taking off, don't like fat4all, zeemumu, or zeusy, so...

vote:swamped

will join this wagon

Sorian

Banned
I'm missing two pages of context. Judging from Kawl's plea on this page though, sounds like Swamped bowed out?

UNVOTE

Let me finish reading, that vote count looks like shit though.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Fat4all (4)
CCS 1038 1152
Ourobolus 1050
The Wizard 1062
Zeusy 1109
Nomadic Sparks 1112

Zeusy (3)
CCS 1152
Faddy 1196
Fat4all 1334

zeemumu (3)
Giant Panda 1256
Penguin 1341
SalvaPot 1349

Swamped (2)
Kawl_USC 1029
Sorian 1083 1386
acohrs 1385

SalvaPot (1)
Dusk Soldier 1107
SalvaPot 1111 1348

Sorian (1)
*Splinter 1009
acohrs 1018 1385

Penguin (1)
zeemumu 1250

No active vote for Day 3: Dr. Worm, Sorian (has previously voted), Swamped

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 43, acohrs 26, CCS 15, Dr. Worm 10, Dusk Soldier 11, Faddy 43, Fat4all 21, Giant Panda 11, Kawl_USC 59, Nomadic Sparks 5, Ourobolus 43, Penguin 18, SalvaPot 14, Sorian 33, Swamped 6, The Wizard 10, zeemumu 22, Zeusy 14

Day 3 ends:
gre_1507068000.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Sorian

Banned
wasn't started by sorian, started by kawl who I townread

It's as if there are multiple day phases to the game.....

------

Anyway, as much as I'm meh on Swamped, I'm reluctant to kill off a spot that literally can't defend itself. I'm not voting for Fat or Zeemumu though and Zeusy is a weird one for me. Gut all the way back from day 1 says that's town but he continues to not leave much of an impression as the day goes on.

acohrs

Still you moved off one Sorian only to align with him. So is Sorian scum or not?

doesn't matter who has voted for who until end of day and the vote sticks. Now if sorian votes for swamped at day end, then I will reconsider my read of him

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: SalvaPot

It appears the best we could get from you was a post by post quote summary of day two end with no analysis at all?

SalvaPot

It appears the best we could get from you was a post by post quote summary of day two end with no analysis at all?

No analysis at all? Really now? I expected more from you Sorian, I gave pretty much a big reason why Dusk could be scum and how zeem and the others listed could have help him get away with it, do you really think my theory doesn't hold water?

Faddy

Banned

Sorian come join me on the Zeusy read. Sure Salva has done nothing but at least there is a mild excuse of coming in late to the game where as Zeusy has been here from the start and somehow done less.

Sorian

Banned
No analysis at all? Really now? I expected more from you Sorian, I gave pretty much a big reason why Dusk could be scum and how zeem and the others listed could have help him get away with it, do you really think my theory doesn't hold water?

Yeah, I read the post and the grab at Dusk seems weird, like you pulled a name out of a hat. He was the only one completely off wagon that still had a vote which is shit but not the damning piece to set him in motion as a complete mastermind of events. The rest of your list is just a hodgepodge of the Kalor voters and it all reads random more than having actual reason to it.

Top Bottom