• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah different cable/satellite services get different previews apparently. I stick with ED's source since 1. It's first, and 2. it's a bit more ambiguous for those avoiding spoilers.

Tizoc

CHEEZMO™ said:
That's 50% of Pinkamina fanart.

The other 50% is her smiling with a dark background.
Ugh, thing is I don't know how to find this one fanart I'm looking for ^_^;

Tizoc said:
Ugh, thing is I don't know how to find this one fanart I'm looking for ^_^;
Ponibooru > Type in keywords > Spend all day sifting through 100s of pages

That's how I usually find specific fanart pieces.

PBalfredo

Also, try bronibooru. It's like ponibooru, but it filters out most of the crap, NSFW, shipping, macros and general 4chan fodder. It's useful when you're looking for fanart, especially when searching in poonibooru gives dozen of pages of junk.

Tizoc said:
Looking for a Pinkamena fanart. It has her frowning and the background is dark.

Here's what I got in a quick look through bronibooru

71d56e537f32a810c6277426f425b1d7.jpg

c3452ef759bbfd94991ce9db450f22bf.jpg

abed41a71d96982737549f37aef34c04.png

e85d5d96a7fe82053487ab622a7e1768.jpg

a46c7594a977c06e73fbb3efcbc8c207.jpg

d63238888fdd4dbba461cf99f0e936b1.jpg

01aa0c8634b5993ed21bfb1a3c813b48.png

Tizoc

Nah, sadly non of them are the ones I want, sorry ^_^;
Wait, there's a bronibooru? This should make finding it easier I hope. Thanks.

McNum

brian577 said:
Episode 9 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 9
12/3 10:00am EST
Sweet and Elite
Rarity must choose between her friends and important social connections in Canterlot.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/11/season-2-episode-9-sweet-and-elite.html#more
And in this episode someone reminds Rarity that she is on good terms with Princess Celestia and is one of Celestia's prized pupil's best friends. Plus the princess has encouraged Rarity to write to her occasionally. There's Canterlot connections, and there's being connected to the Princess herself. All Celestia would have to do, really, is place an order at the Carousel Boutique and Rarity would (again) be a hot name in Caterlot.

Hm, probably not. Although it would be a nice little wink at the end of the episode to have Applejack point this out to her.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No Twilight, interesting. So this is what they mean by in the Discord ep.

Also APPLE PIE NOW CANON

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fun episode. Not as good as the last few but they can't all be winners.
It was nice to see some Applejack and Apple Bloom character development, as well as more Sweetie Belle.

And wow, the first episode to exclude
Twilight
. So THAT'S what Celestia meant at the end of Lesson Zero, any of them can write letters now.

BatDan

So, we've seen Twilight's parents, Pinkie's parents, and now Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents.
That leaves the Apple family's parents, Rainbow's parents and Fluttershy's parents. Maybe Scootaloo's parents as well.

EDIT: Oh man, the fanon meltdown is glorious. This is why I don't trust fanon.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
BatDan said:
Apple family's parents
Granny Smith? I don't know, the flashback episode back then implies that they might only have Granny Smith. That and there wasn't a mention of them at the Apple family reunion on episode one.

They must of bucked their last tree a long time ago.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
DrForester said:

Ah just a random fun stuff at the end.

Still, I'm kinda surprised
Sweetie Belle didn't notice the eyes not being different

And this is what I mean by the CMC being good. They are actually tolerable if not enjoyable if they're not identifying themselves as the CMC - they are their own characters.

This just proves my point that Scootaloo is a horrible friend for forcing them to find their marks!

BatDan

n8BitMan said:
Granny Smith? I don't know, the flashback episode back then implies that they might only have Granny Smith. That and there wasn't a mention of them at the Apple family reunion on episode one.

They must of bucked their last tree a long time ago.

Perhaps. It would make for an interesting episode to teach kids about death and dealing with it.

Sweetie Belle had some great animations in the episode, and I like that they tipped off the switch by showing Rarity's eyes well before the reveal.

Memles

At the risk of invading an exclusive community, I was wondering if GAF could help me out with something.

I'm TAing an "Introduction to Television" class, and we're screening an episode of FiM for our week on Children's TV (with a desire to discuss and consider fan groups like this one in the context of the conversation). However, we've yet to decide what episode we're screening.

So, if you were to pick a single episode to show 160 undergrads that reflects the quality which has drawn so many to the series, what might that episode be?

Thanks in advance!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Memles said:
At the risk of invading an exclusive community, I was wondering if GAF could help me out with something.

I'm TAing an "Introduction to Television" class, and we're screening an episode of FiM for our week on Children's TV (with a desire to discuss and consider fan groups like this one in the context of the conversation). However, we've yet to decide what episode we're screening.

So, if you were to pick a single episode to show 160 undergrads that reflects the quality which has drawn so many to the series, what might that episode be?

Thanks in advance!

I still say the Pilot, which is two episodes. The S2 Pilot, might be better as it still shows off the characters, but it has a bit more of the nerd humor that the undergrads might get.

Single episodes...

Swarm of the Century
Dragonshy
Ticketmaster
Sonic Rainboom

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Memles said:

Thanks in advance!
Swarm of the Century, easily. It contains visual references to classic cartoons like Looney Tunes and all the characters are quickly and tastefully painted in a few seconds.

I'd argue against Sonic Rainboom and Dragonshy because Rainbow Dash's and Fluttershy's crowning moments of awesome don't have the same impact if you haven't been enthralled by the characters previously.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That episode was pretty weak until Rarity started being Rarity; then it got okay. That's the bane of the Cutie Mark Crusaders -their conundrums tend to be pretty boring.

That episode wasn't quite Call of the Cutie bad... but it was close. At least we got some sympathetic AJ charater development for a change.

As for the best single episode to show what it's about, I'll always go with Bridle Gossip.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BatDan said:
So, we've seen Twilight's parents, Pinkie's parents, and now Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents.
That leaves the Apple family's parents, Rainbow's parents and Fluttershy's parents. Maybe Scootaloo's parents as well.

EDIT: Oh man, the fanon meltdown is glorious. This is why I don't trust fanon.

OH MY GOD :LOL

Alright, this was expressed in the Episode 5 thread and I like it as a theory for Dinky having an older sister.

Dinky is part of a Big Brother/Sister program.

I think it's a viable theory that keeps our Fannon in check with the show. Not to much of a stretch and easily intergrated into future fanfic and the lack of the big sister is explained away in previous fics.

Discuss! You like this idea? If not please don't just say "THE SHOW IS CANNON, QUIT WHINING!" The show is up for interpretation.

Even for the cannon characters, Sweetie Bell was competing with Applejack (at least for a short while). That could mean that other competitors might not be biological sisters. In fact, If they had the screen-time to explain it, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash competing.

So discuss!

BatDan

Ookami-kun said:
So why are there sheep and pig?

Pigs were already shown before (one of the CMC episodes). Word of God says they really like truffles. Plus, it gives the pigs a place to stay.
As for sheep, they have wool. Wool makes clothing.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic "Daaaaaaw" episode. Not hilarious, and not exciting in terms of animation flourish, but still a good, all-around MLP episode that tugs on the heart strings in all the right ways.

Ikael

Am I the only one that thinks that Applejack really shined on this episode? Her interventions were completely dawww - worthy.

Ikael said:
Am I the only one that thinks that Applejack really shined on this episode? Her interventions were completely dawww - worthy.
Yeah, I thought Applejack was great in this episode. She's very much the worldly pony of the group. All that southern, down to earth wisdom.

Loved the episode.

Top Bottom