• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WW mad about losing what could have been a 4v5 domination, lol.

Dunking never ever gets old. I always love it when I'm trying to split push and lay down a lot of wards in the jungle so I'll know they're coming.

IJ7Xf.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
panth1zcjkv.png

Pantsless in the jungle!

Overall in ranked I'm only 5/5 (possibly all jungle) with Pantheon, and I didn't do well early on, but these are my most recent games. Granted in those games I actually got GOOD teammates at a low ELO, but I do feel like I am getting a feel for him a little better. Basically I try to get buffs, occasionally get jungle camps, and just try to gank lanes a lot. If a team was really good and avoided the ganks, it might not work out.

Blizzard

Banned
I went 1/6/0 as Riven tonight. I was 1/2/0, outfarming Caitlyn top lane, and doing fine in that regard (one death as a trade, one death as an exchange), but the problem was that I was getting ganked and then I kept dying horribly in team fights.

We just had two teams that were super good at warding and coordinating. For reference as to how bad the luck seems to be, in my last 60 Riven games, apparently I only had 5 other games with more deaths than kills, and none of those were as bad as the one I just lost. :(

I had a terrible game, I'm just wondering if anyone has advice about how I could have dealt with the situation and the other players better.

I'm laning Twitch with Lux against Twitch/Sona. We die a few times to stealthed Twitch. Lux is CSing here and there and I ask her to stop. I want the lane frozen outside our tower because of the threat of ganks by fed Twitch. Lux drops a pink ward in the middle and pushes the lane.

We're both at 4 or 5 deaths when they take our tower. I'd say I'm about 20 cs behind their Twitch and closer to 40 behind the other lanes, so I'm feeling out of the game. With our tower down I start trying to take CS off jungle creeps and backed up lanes to catch up.

But now every time a lane backs up, Lux goes over and clears it. Or I get to the lane just after the jungler and he clears it. So I'm spending most of my time scraping for CS from the jungle which is pretty bare. Because I'm doing this I get caught out by the enemy team who has pushed down most of our outer towers at this point and die to ganks a number of times.

I ask my team to let me clear lanes to help catch me back up but between others clearing lanes and dying to ganks I only get 40 or so CS for the entire rest of the game. Lux ends with 104 CS to my 109. I end 3/14/5. Obviously we lose.

So first off, I don't want to blame my teammates for this loss. I think Lux should have not pushed my lane, not taken CS, and not cleared backed up farm. But obviously if I'm 0/4 in lane and losing my tower early it's no one's fault but my own. I want to know... how do I adapt to Lux's play both during and after laning phase? I felt like (and still feel like) the only thing I could do is try to farm the jungle to catch up, but as doing this got me ganked a number of times I obviously did something wrong.

So... how do you adapt to a support who doesn't honor your lane control? And second, how do you catch up if you're behind and teammates take all of the farm? Is the answer just to ward the jungle better and farm there? Is the answer not to ever play Twitch?

EXGN

So... how do you adapt to a support who doesn't honor your lane control? And second, how do you catch up if you're behind and teammates take all of the farm? Is the answer just to ward the jungle better and farm there? Is the answer not to ever play Twitch?

Well, Twitch is kinda in a bad spot (although I here he's a top ban in Asia, so maybe we just don't know how to play him). But in this case, I would have just picked up some GP5 items and then roamed to other lanes with the jungler for 3-man ganks.

No matter who you are, coming back from going 0/4 is going to be tough.

y2dvd

M5 was just masterful to watch in the first game of the finals. That roam gank was some scary stuff.

My elo took a huge dive. :(

Ferga

M5 was just masterful to watch in the first game of the finals. That roam gank was some scary stuff.

My elo took a huge dive. :(

I want to climb the ELO ladder again but I feel like i'm too bad to play ranked anymore since I can't play everyday. Last hitting seemed really hard to me after only 3 days of not playing :(

Well, Twitch is kinda in a bad spot (although I here he's a top ban in Asia, so maybe we just don't know how to play him). But in this case, I would have just picked up some GP5 items and then roamed to other lanes with the jungler for 3-man ganks.

Yea, this is really your best bet here. Lux is one of the few champions in the game that can farm with relative safety from a distance. Roaming would help your other lanes win and hopefully stop your lane from pushing off of the tower much. It also halves the number of deaths that bot lane is going to give up.

Edit: If this is with another champion it might be harder to do since Twitch is a great roamer, but anyone with a gap closer, ranged attack, or stun of some sort can roam to a certain extent.

y2dvd

I want to climb the ELO ladder again but I feel like i'm too bad to play ranked anymore since I can't play everyday. Last hitting seemed really hard to me after only 3 days of not playing :(

Exact same way for me. Been playing SFxTekken these past few days so my last hitting and overall skills just dropped when I tried playing last night again. D:

Hmm, good idea. It would have been tough on anyone else but Twitch for sure, but that definitely would have been doable. I definitely should have picked up GP5 but I get into the mindset that I have to rush my standard AD carry build to be effective.

Surprisingly...I don't find it troubling to find Rumbles anymore. Maybe they are just cocky, maybe iI'm facing back Rumbles, but it seems that I've never lost a lane top against Rumble in the past few months, in the rare case that I see a Rumble.

If the Rumble is smart he can hit you with his flamethrower while farming then if you start trying to move in on him, he can kite you with his E then runaway with his W. A Rumble shouldn't really be losing a top lane unless there are constant ganks against him or if he is against a ranged champ like Teemo and Nidalee.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Closest god damn game ever. Not even mad about the loss, just wish I'd built a Scepter or something.

Telaso

Banned
Had the worst night of my life on LoL tonight. I dont know what kept happening... if it was just pick on telaso night, or evil aliens sucked out my powers to play against Looney Toons or what, but it was just bad....

Ferga

I've started to use the 'S' key to help me cs better on ad carries. It is so very good.

Only downside of it is that sometimes my fingers get confused and after pressing S for a while, I think my W key is my Q key. Missed out on a couple of kills because of it.

Blizzard

Banned
Had the worst night of my life on LoL tonight. I dont know what kept happening... if it was just pick on telaso night, or evil aliens sucked out my powers to play against Looney Toons or what, but it was just bad....
It was my curse for joining your team.

Thankfully we won that game. Olaf did indeed seem like he would dominate Riven top, but thankfully I discovered the secret to beating Olaf -- as long as he disconnects for 5-10 minutes and lets you get 3 levels ahead, it's not AS bad. Riven forever!

Also Olaf's lightning bolt is so weird, it felt like I got hit by it WHILE Olaf was stunned.

y2dvd

I'm finally learning how to counter-jungle and man is it effective. I've been able to out-level the other jungler by a few levels by end of game and stealing buffs under their nose is such a thrill.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm finally learning how to counter-jungle and man is it effective. I've been able to out-level the other jungler by a few levels by end of game and stealing buffs under their nose is such a thrill.
Who are you jungling as lately? I've been testing Mundo out and even when I do kind of bad things go surprisingly well.

Ferrio

Banned
It's fiora's first free week, which mean it's Yorick week for me.

So much QQ about her on the forums, I'm scared she'll be nerfed :(

bjaelke

It's fiora's first free week, which mean it's Yorick week for me.

So much QQ about her on the forums, I'm scared she'll be nerfed :(

Just bought Yorick yesterday on sale. Totally bossing Fiora around. I'm currently 6-0 although I'm not sure if it counts for anything during free weeks.

bjaelke

Last Whisper gives more %pen and her E gives her a speed boost, so you don't need Brutalizer. Wriggle's futhermore gives you a lot of survivability in lane (armor+lifesteal). You can always sell it later if you reach a full build.

XeroSauce

What you say translates to "Riven build" in my head, but for that I'd be taking brutalizer instead of wriggles.

The difference being that while you shouldn't always get Wriggles with Riven because Brutilizer + BF are so much more offensive, you should try to get it on Fiora because it helps her SO MUCH in lane and she doesn't scale as hard off AD like Riven does.

But yes, other then that, Bloodthirster, LW, Mercs, Infinity Edge maybe. Then go for situational items like Atmogs or Frozen Mallet.

I really wish there was a MR/AD equal to Atmas's. Hexdrinker just does not cut it.

y2dvd

Who are you jungling as lately? I've been testing Mundo out and even when I do kind of bad things go surprisingly well.

Still working on my Lee Sin because I'm inconsistent with that Q and I'm still learning how to optimize his ult. Had a nice kill the other day where I had Sona down very low when her tank comes outta nowhere and is about to interrupt the kill. As she's fleeing, I line up the tank and ult him to knock him into her for the kill. I was like "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

I've actually seen a lot of jungle Fioras do really well. The speed up is something else.

Ferrio

Banned
What's a good serious ultra-pro build for Fiora? :'(

For top lane:

Summoners- Flash/Ignite.
Skill Order- W->Q->E R>Q>E>W
Runes: AD quints, ARpen reds, MR scaling blues, flat armor yellows
Masteries: Usual AD stuff. Get 9 in defensive, get the health boost.

Items: (don't get latern when top laning with her, just buy wards)
-Start with boots/pots.
-When you go back snag a doran (or two if you can afford).
-Boots into merc treads or ninja tabi mattering on your toplane matchup (and overall opponent composition). Though you wanna dominate top, so think about counterign who you're up against.
-Brutalizer
-Vamp Scepter.
-BF sword->IE

From here you need to prioritize these 3 items:

-Finishing Bloodthirster
-Last Whisper
-Guardian Angel.

If you're dominating a bloodthirster is a good pick. If they're stacking armor get your whisper. Getting guardian first of these might not be a good pick, but you never know.

After those sell your brutalizer and get a situational item.

For Jungle:

Pretty much the same thing, except get a wriggles first instead of dorans.

Your laning should go like this:

Play passive until lvl 3. You can't do anything until you got all 3 of those. At this point try to get them to push the lane. Fiora last hits under tower very very well due to her W's AD, plus any doran blades you picked up. If your opponent is even the least bit squishy or not a hard counter (panth, olaf, irelia), you wanna start to harass. Stay behind your creep wave and try to bait them to use their skills (riven using her dash, or gp his parley whatever) so when you do harass you don't get traded as hard. Activate your E, use your Q to dash in on them and start autoing them, hit W if they go to auto attack. If they run chase with your remaining Q. After your E's attack speed has worn off, run away. The movement bonus you get from it should let you get away safely. At lvl 6 you wanna try and secure a kill with your ult. Hopefully you've gotton them low from your harass at this point, go in for one final harass+ult.

As for her ult, NEVER NEVER NEVER lead the fight with it. Always use it to finish an enemy off, tower dive them, or to heal yourself up/Avoid Damage.

If you manage to get a kill early game, you're going to snowball hard. If you get first blood you've pretty much secured the lane unless they start hard countering.

Helpful hints.

-Exhaust is your enemy. Never use your ult if you've been exhausted.
-Ninja tabi is your enemy. An opponent with ninja tabi is a big big big reduction to your damage.
-Any character with blocking abilities (fiora, panth, jax). They can block the first (and biggest damaging hit) of your ult. Try to use your ult when they're unable to block it (their ability on cooldown).
-Pick your fights carefully. In team fights always hang back far away from the action. Your Q can get you into the fight very quick, but you don't wanna be near the fight during the first initiation. Let people trade a few blows then go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom