• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about NintendhoEs? Best of both worlds :0

VgoTO.png

?

The vast, vast majority of gamers who are locked into the current HD consoles have no idea what a gamescom is.

Sure, but those also don't give a single damn about Nintendos special events, neither do they know about them.

At least at Gamescom you have all major media outlets reporting, even news agencies. If you think that Gamescom is irrelevant for PR then you are delusional.
Nintendos decision to skip Gamescom means either two things: They don't want direct comparison to the competition (either because they can't show an edge in those circumstances) or because their PR budget demands sacrifices and they've chosen to skip Gamescom to save money.

With Nintendo currently bleeding money I'd say it's a mix of both.

Nintendos decision to skip Gamescom means either two things: They don't want direct comparison to the competition (either because they can't show an edge in those circumstances) or because their PR budget demands sacrifices and they've chosen to skip Gamescom to save money.

It just means they don't think they need Gamescom or that they can spend the money more effectively. And they're probably right.

You seriously think that not going to Gamescom means they'll lose media coverage? They are the only new console launching this year, and if they're running their own media events, every reputable media outlet is gonna be exploding with media coverage whether they go to Gamescom or not.

I think this signals their intention to engage media outlets BEFORE gamescom.

If you think that Gamescom is irrelevant for PR then you are delusional.

I was wondering when the ad hominems were going to start. I'm surprised this thread got past three pages, much less eleven, without them.

Edit: I think that whether or not Nintendo presents at this specific Gamescom will have a trivial at best effect on the success of the Wii U. Peoples minds will be made up at E3 and after the system is released, assuming that their minds are not already made up and rigid on the matter, in which case another conference wouldn't matter, anyway.

Hey, I only cancelled it because you said you wouldn't buy it.
Just redeveloping it for the 3DS.
I'll even show you the first screenshot.

I feel that I also would not enjoy this game if it did not involve electrostatic haptic feedback on the touch screen. What's the point of touching girls if you can't feel them??

I've started looking over that Miyamoto interview. Do y'all think it increases or decreases the likelihood of a new F-Zero for the Wii U being the "...and before you leave" item of Nintendo's E3 conference?

Take that back right now! I'm only partially crazy.
You seriously think that not going to Gamescom means they'll lose media coverage? They are the only new console launching this year, and if they're running their own media events, every reputable media outlet is gonna be exploding with media coverage whether they go to Gamescom or not.
Especially since it does make more sense that way. GC is Germany centric :/
I'm not quite sure about this. Perhaps they want to prevent their devs from working against another deadline to do demos of their games AGAIN (showing the same states as e3 would be as lame)

That way they can control what to show when to whom. They can do some "test it yourself" boots all across Europe to play WiiU as well. They did this massively with DS in the early days and even Wii got such treatments.

I've started looking over that Miyamoto interview. Do y'all think it increases or decreases the likelihood of a new F-Zero for the Wii U being the "...and before you leave" item of Nintendo's E3 conference?

I feel like it will penetrate the gamer subconscious, leading some journalist to ask Reggie at E3, "So, why didn't we see F-Zero? Is that in the cards? Should we abandon hope?"

And Reggie will say, "They didn't put it in my list of checkable boxes. So [shrug]."

And GAF will cry bitter tears.

I feel that I also would not enjoy this game if it did not involve electrostatic haptic feedback on the touch screen. What's the point of touching girls if you can't feel them??
Don't worry, you can use the Wii U tablet to play as we...wait have I said to much?
Also heres the first screenshot, we really feel we are pushing the limits of the 3DS with this title.
nDdRQ.png

Wouldn't buy.
Yes you would.
Admitting your faults is the first step to recovery.
I will do no such thing!

HylianTom

Banned
I feel like it will penetrate the gamer subconscious, leading some journalist to ask Reggie at E3, "So, why didn't we see F-Zero? Is that in the cards? Should we abandon hope?"

And Reggie will say, "They didn't put it in my list of checkable boxes. So [shrug]."

And GAF will cry bitter tears.

Man, that's harsh.

But sadly, I see Miyamoto's statement about wanting to work on another F-Zero as confirmation that there isn't one currently in the works. Just from how it reads, it almost seems like a wistful "someday I'll do this" statement.

Too bad. I'm not a fan of realistic racing sims, and it seems like Nintendo is going in that direction. Poop.

I was wondering when the ad hominems were going to start. I'm surprised this thread got past three pages, much less eleven, without them.

Edit: I think that whether or not Nintendo presents at this specific Gamescom will have a trivial at best effect on the success of the Wii U. Peoples minds will be made up at E3 and after the system is released, assuming that their minds are not already made up and rigid on the matter, in which case another conference wouldn't matter, anyway.

Right, so not showing up at an Expo where pretty much all of the german press (with the exception of RTL2, which were banned from Gamescom last year after some embarassing display of ignorance and hostility) most of Europes enthusiast press and most worldwide publications will be present is trivial? Let alone that Gamescom has become the biggest (both in space and visitor numbers) open Expo for Videogames. Unlike E3, Gamescom is pretty much the go to expo for fans to see and play what was shown at E3.

Nintendo only events by definition exclude a huge portion of potential enthusiast gamers that might get interested in playing. Regardless of peoples disposition, a huge convention like Gamescom is the perfect place for people to try out different stuff even if they might be there for other reasons.

Maybe Nintendos plan is to cater to it's core fanbase first and hopefully have 3rd parties draw in new crowds.. which is questionable at best.

Don't worry, you can use the Wii U tablet to play as we...wait have I said to much?
Also heres the first screenshot, we really feel we are pushing the limits of the 3DS with this title.
nDdRQ.png

Compelling, but I think we need dual analog nubs for this game to be properly realized. I will wait for the 3DS++ to be released.

edit: Wait, what's the third sexy item? It looks like Conan O'Brien's head.

HylianTom

Banned
Right, so not showing up at an Expo where pretty much all of the german press (with the exception of RTL2, which were banned from Gamescom last year after some embarassing display of ignorance and hostility) most of Europes enthusiast press and most worldwide publications will be present is trivial? Let alone that Gamescom has become the biggest (both in space and visitor numbers) open Expo for Videogames. Unlike E3, Gamescom is pretty much the go to expo for fans to see and play what was shown at E3.

Nintendo only events by definition exclude a huge portion of potential enthusiast gamers that might get interested in playing. Regardless of peoples disposition, a huge convention like Gamescom is the perfect place for people to try out different stuff even if they might be there for other reasons.

Maybe Nintendos plan is to cater to it's core fanbase first and hopefully have 3rd parties draw in new crowds.. which is questionable at best.
The kicker is.. they're not going to reveal their grand plan as far as attracting audiences is concerned. We might be able to piece it together and analyze all of its elements after the fact, but this time around? Super secretive.

Yet another contrast with how they did the Wii launch. They were going after the blue ocean, they told us how they'd do it, many people laughed, and then they went and did it. Pretty remarkable.

The only rumor to talk about two systems where one had 768MB and the other had 1GB was the one calling it eDRAM.

Could it be the case that the video card has 512MB's of Ram and the system has 256MB of Ram ?.

This would go along with the rumour that the GPU is a custon Radeon 4850 which is already available with 512 Ram.

More and more of the latest PC games (BF 3 on Ultra) are relying on GPU Ram instead of system Ram.

PS3 has shown that 256MB of Ram is enough for an OS.

Could it be the case that the video card has 512MB's of Ram and the system has 256MB of Ram ?.

This would go along with the rumour that the GPU is a custon Radeon 4850 which is already available with 512 Ram.

More and more of the latest PC games (BF 3 on Ultra) are relying on GPU Ram instead of system Ram.

PS3 has shown that 256MB of Ram is enough for an OS.

We'd have to throw out a bunch of leaks we've heard. A couple people generally considered to have some direct and/or indirect access to Wii U dev kits have stated that Nintendo is currently reserving an ungodly high amount of memory (one person pegs it at more than (or ≥) 512MB!) just for the OS.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Yep revealed a new game for the 3DS
Absolutely nothing.

What does Nintendo of Canada even do? Seriously, they rarely hold events around me ):

I'm pretty sure they have HQ in Vancouver where I am. But that doesn't mean shit as indeed, they don't do much. :p

I just want some love Nintendo, I'm so cold up here...

It just means they don't think they need Gamescom or that they can spend the money more effectively. And they're probably right.

It also signals their disregard for catering to fans of Xbox and Playstation brands that will be present at Gamescom. Now if you see that as a positive or not is one thing. But it shows that they rather have their secure micro events that won't bring up direct comparisons on the showfloor.

From a PR standpoint I understand their decision, but it clearly goes against their stated intentions voiced at E3, unless they meant getting Nintendo fans back to the plattform instead of expanding the core audience into MS and Sony audiences. Which seems like the more realistic goal anyway.

I'm pretty sure they have HQ in Vancouver where I am. But that doesn't mean shit as indeed, they don't do much. :p

I just want some love Nintendo, I'm so cold up here...

Maybe we should Nintendo of Canada 30 snow blocks so they can build an igloo
/Canadian Stereotype
Honestly though, I should call 'em and see what they actually do. I don't know of any events that have been held in Toronto by them...and I don't think they publish or develop games..

Seriously,

I come back to the thread and there are already 15 new pages :/
You can thank me later <3

HylianTom

Banned
It also signals their disregard for catering to fans of Xbox and Playstation brands that will be present at Gamescom. Now if you see that as a positive or not is one thing. But it shows that they rather have their secure micro events that won't bring up direct comparisons on the showfloor.

From a PR standpoint I understand their decision, but it clearly goes against their stated intentions voiced at E3, unless they meant getting Nintendo fans back to the plattform instead of expanding the core audience into MS and Sony audiences. Which seems like the more realistic goal anyway.

Their chances of bringing back old fans are always going to be a bit better than getting folks whom they never had to begin with, because in many cases the folks who left still harbor some affection for their old gaming buddy.. if only he'd do {x activity}, etc. Those young'uns who grew-up hearing all of the negative connotations are all but lost, I think..

HylianTom

Banned
To hell and back I'd follow.

Yep. You and a few million other folks.
Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine - a rabid fanbase that would eat this kind of schtuff up - and I don't think they realize it.

If they came within 10 hours of my city, I'd almost certainly be there.

The kicker is.. they're not going to reveal their grand plan as far as attracting audiences is concerned. We might be able to piece it together and analyze all of its elements after the fact, but this time around? Super secretive.

Yet another contrast with how they did the Wii launch. They were going after the blue ocean, they told us how they'd do it, many people laughed, and then they went and did it. Pretty remarkable.

On one hand I guess they want to secure their competitive advantage by letting MS and Sony unclear about their intended market positioning (which would explain the ridiculous secrecy about the specs and system features)
On the other I guess Nintendo feels like they can pretty much rely on the Wii brand alone to do the PR work for them. Which might be true for a huge audience, but again goes completely against their stated intentions last year.

I stand by my statement that not going to exhibit at Gamescom is a colossal mistake. It's simply a prime venue to create awareness, and they would be easily the number one attraction with WiiU there, ensuring massive concentrated PR in a huge array of media outlets, which could be expanded with a Bus or Truck Tour later on.

Oddduck

Man, that's harsh.

But sadly, I see Miyamoto's statement about wanting to work on another F-Zero as confirmation that there isn't one currently in the works. Just from how it reads, it almost seems like a wistful "someday I'll do this" statement.

Too bad. I'm not a fan of realistic racing sims, and it seems like Nintendo is going in that direction. Poop.

Yeah its unfortunate that it looks like we can scratch FZero off the list of potential Wii U surprises at E3.

Yep. You and a few million other folks.
Nintendo is sitting on a goldmine - a rabid fanbase that would eat this kind of schtuff up - and I don't think they realize it.

If they came within 10 hours of my city, I'd almost certainly be there.
A goldmine they won't take advantage of. They just let the Orks take the gold.

Decreases. I'd say expect it mid-gen. I don't think F-Zero is popular enough to get the kind of reaction at E3 you're implying either. It would have to be a big mascot title.

HylianTom

Banned
On one hand I guess they want to secure their competitive advantage by letting MS and Sony unclear about their intended market positioning (which would explain the ridiculous secrecy about the specs and system features)
On the other I guess Nintendo feels like they can pretty much rely on the Wii brand alone to do the PR work for them. Which might be true for a huge audience, but again goes completely against their stated intentions last year.

I stand by my statement that not going to exhibit at Gamescom is a colossal mistake. It's simply a prime venue to create awareness, and they would be easily the number one attraction with WiiU there, ensuring massive concentrated PR in a huge array of media outlets, which could be expanded with a Bus or Truck Tour later on.

I think if they're serious about contesting Europe for the long term, then they need to start playing the part of the market leader there. And a part of that role includes showing-up to Europe's marquee events.

So yeah.. count me as disappointed. I'd love to see Nintendo finally take the crown over there. Europe deserves it.

Sure, but those also don't give a single damn about Nintendos special events, neither do they know about them.

At least at Gamescom you have all major media outlets reporting, even news agencies. If you think that Gamescom is irrelevant for PR then you are delusional.

With Nintendo currently bleeding money I'd say it's a mix of both.
wat
So Nintendo skipping an event that you rarely see things from them anyway, is because they're afraid and lack funds.

I just.... huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom