• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagu

5ruEr.png

http://www.abload.de/img/5c55a2028dk47.gif[IMG]

What the hell[/QUOTE]

It has a better title.

HylianTom

Banned
Couldn't we assume that any gaming event will be pretty much filled with tons of gamers that annoy all the other groups of similarly annoying gamers? That's what a convention is about.

At least with a Nintendo-specific conference, their mums make them take a bath. >_>

That, and Nintendo has the whole event to themselves. It's the one big bright spot.

BurntPork

Banned
question: do we know exaclty how this sensor bar works?
I mean: wii senor bar is positioned under or above the TV, and it recognizes the position of remote pointer.
What is the meaning of and the use of the built in sensor bar of the Upad?

Correction: The sensor bar is just an infrared light. A camera in the Wii Remote determines the location of the remote using the sensor bar as a reference point. This is why candles can be used to replace the sensor bar. It doesn't send or receive any data at all.

question: do we know exaclty how this sensor bar works?
I mean: wii senor bar is positioned under or above the TV, and it recognizes the position of remote pointer.
What is the meaning of and the use of the built in sensor bar of the Upad?
I assume it's mainly for when you are using the controller as your screen in a game that uses the Wii Remote.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Well I think that it's because of the HW compatibility (not software emulated), so the Wii U becomes a Wii when you launch the Wii games (as the Wii did becoming a GC)
I really prefer the total compatibility given by this choice, honestly.
And probably I'll not buy any collection, as I did for PS360 (the only exeption was Prime's trilogy :p )

I assume it's mainly for when you are using the controller as your screen in a game that uses the Wii Remote.

So...should I point to the Upad with the Wiimote? :\
weird...

Correction: The sensor bar is just an infrared light. A camera in the Wii Remote determines the location of the remote using the sensor bar as a reference point. This is why candles can be used to replace the sensor bar. It doesn't send or receive any data at all.

Yeah, I know. But I'm still confused about the built-in sensor bar for Upad...

Yeah, it's important to distinguish the (Wii way) camera being on the remote, which more accurately determines the direction the remote is pointing but not the physical location of the remote, with the (PS3 way) camera being on the TV, which determines the physical location of the wand but not the direction it's pointing.

A dual-camera/sensor system would be pretty ideal here.

HylianTom

Banned
So, the Miyamoto teaser in EDGE is for an interview as expected.

I'm wondering if they'll breach the topic of his new IP. Or Launch games. Or anything.

With our luck, it'll be about his hobbies.. but they'll be fake hobbies to throw-off the competition, hehe..

Well I think that it's because of the HW compatibility (not software emulated), so the Wii U becomes a Wii when you launch the Wii games (as the Wii did becoming a GC)
I really prefer the total compatibility given by this choice, honestly.
And probably I'll not buy any collection, as I did for PS360 (the only exeption was Prime's trilogy :p )

Yeah, I got MPT, but I missed out on Prime and Prime 2 in the early naughties.

weird...

You put the DRC on its stand in front of the TV, and it becomes in effect a wireless sensor bar but not shitty like the third party wireless sensor bars we got this gen.

I'm wondering if they'll breach the topic of his new IP. Or Launch games. Or anything.

With our luck, it'll be about his hobbies.. but they'll be fake hobbies to throw-off the competition, hehe..
all these interviews in the gaming world are 99% bullshit, conducted by the PR people.

weird...
What's so weird? Prop up the controller and it's a mini-tv, point the wiimote at it. Since one of the system's big features is the ability to switch from playing on tv to playing on the controller, it needs a way to play Wiimote games in that mode.

Miyamoto: Hi, I'm Miyamotosan, I'm here to tell you some of my hobbies. I enjoy long walks on the beach, hand holding and watching TV. Stay tuned to E3 for more info on my exciting hobbies.

"I've recently enlisted in the armed forces to whittle away my spare time since retiring from general oversight of our development teams. This has proven to be a very fun and educational hobby."

yup. drift with m+ is actually pretty severe, especially when doing fast movements.

Sensor bar pointing precision and speed>>> gyro pointing precision and speed anyways.

Not when developers are using AILive's LiveMove2 middleware, it automatically recalibrates itself whenever the remote is held still. Red Steel 2 uses this and I've played through it twice without needing to recalibrate once. It's bloody annoying that Nintendo refuse to use it and you have to press down on the d-pad for a quick fix.

Myiamoto: I am a pro wrestler in my spare time. I run the JnWo (Japans New World Order) and am the Japan Lightweight Champion. Boy i would like to REPLAY THIS EXPERIENCE ON A CONSOLE *wink* *wink*

The game that will be released will be then:

MMM - Marios Machinegun Massacre *hrhr* featuring people looking alot like Kaz Hirai, Don Mattrik, Hideo Kojima and more!
Sry, my mind went into that weird place again... ;)

What's so weird? Prop up the controller and it's a mini-tv, point the wiimote at it. Since one of the system's big features is the ability to switch from playing on tv to playing on the controller, it needs a way to play Wiimote games in that mode.

I should also point out the golf demo at last year's E3.

TV had the forward view. DRC was on the floor. You could see the ball as you looked down, and you used the Wii Remote to swing and hit the ball. I thought that was a really clever way to make accuracy in swing actually important in a golf game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Uhm...I'm getting the idea...

You put the DRC on its stand in front of the TV, and it becomes in effect a wireless sensor bar but not shitty like the third party wireless sensor bars we got this gen.

Wait...WHAT!? Upad has a stand?!
sounds new to me...

ReyVGM

Wait, was it confirmed that there're two separate compiles of the game, not just a Wii version that happens to work on the Wii U?

For that matter, has it been confirmed whether they will be separate retail SKUs or they will be in the same package (or on the same disc)?

Different builds. Just like Twilight Princess.

I recall they said that the saves will be portable or interchangeable between versions. That if you play the Wii version and then move to the Wii U version you'll be able to take everything with you instead of starting over.

HylianTom

Banned
Myiamoto: I am a pro wrestler in my spare time. I run the JnWo (Japans New World Order) and am the Japan Lightweight Champion. Boy i would like to REPLAY THIS EXPERIENCE ON A CONSOLE *wink* *wink*

The game that will be released will be then:

MMM - Marios Machinegun Massacre *hrhr* featuring people looking alot like Kaz Hirai, Don Mattrik, Hideo Kojima and more!
Sry, my mind went into that weird place again... ;)

Man, that's dark! Mario, taking-on the NUTs menace!

Man, that's dark! Mario, taking-on the NUTs menace!

I have a weird videogame idea like that at least once per day ;) Man i would make the sickest Nintendo exclusive stuff that Nintendo would allow on their hardware, lol

It would either be extremely violent (Letting out steam in games is FUN FUN FUN) or so weird in general that it would count say "artsy" again ;)

So much for going after hardcore gamers. Well it was a pipedream to begin with, and Nintendo probably realized that no matter what they do they won't win those audiences over with WiiU.

The vast, vast majority of gamers who are locked into the current HD consoles have no idea what a gamescom is.

I said it before, I think there might be a camera on the Wii U sensor bar. It just makes to much sense for AR games.

Hm. Well, there's a camera on the DRC sensor bar, so it wouldn't be completely crazy for them to make the regular Wii U sensor bar the same. That's a good idea.

Are you actually going to be present? At E3, I mean, not with your girlfriend on your birthday.

No, but I've explained a correlation between football fandom (which she understands) and videogame fandom and that I'll need my nerd time at least for the conferences on those days.

She explained that she'll need her college football time too when that season is underway.

Edit: WHOO #999

HylianTom

Banned
No, but I've explained a correlation between football fandom (which she understands) and videogame fandom and that I'll need my nerd time at least for the conferences on those days.

She explained that she'll need her college football time too when that season is underway.

Wow.. I remember that discussion from a looong time ago. Glad to hear that there waa a happy resolution!

Of course. Nintendos before 'hos.

Edit: WHOO >5% done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom