• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "transitional generation" suck for every console maker...

But as long as Nintendo provides great 1st and 2nd party support, i wont complain about anything :)

And as long as asshats that think "MORE POWAH = MORE $$$" rule the industry, it'll only get worse...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Cygnus X-1

A fourth thread?? What is the sum of all visits of the first to fourth thread till now?

HOLY FUCKING CRAP!!!

400 + 400 + 400 PAGES. 20'000 posts PER THREAD for a total of 60'000!!!!

INSANE!!!

HylianTom

Banned
This "transitional generation" suck for every console maker...

But as long as Nintendo provides great 1st and 2nd party support, i wont complain about anything :)

And as long as asshats that think "MORE POWAH = MORE $$$" rule the industry, it'll only get worse...
Aww.. that issue will take care of itself. Equilibrium will be found. I'm not too concerned.

A while back, a lot of people were asking about the contents of Nintendo Gamer magazine's WII U myths busted issue...

CVG now has the full feature online, (all 5 pages of it) debunking the rumours about the name, the underpoweredness, and explaining what games the Nintendo studios are working on now.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343549/features/wii-u-the-truth-behind-the-rumours/
Pretty good. Some speculation, but they didn't go overboard and mostly stuck with known quantities, I guess. It's still a good reality check about just how little we really are confirmed to know.

abasm

It's still a good reality check about just how little we really are confirmed to know.

That lack of information is what fuels these threads in the first place. I don't think I've looked forward to a Nintendo E3 conference this much in quite some time.

Maybe we can move them via SD card? Here's a shot of what's under the flap..

Cover that shame.
Also, do you ever sleep?

Because

IQWw7.jpg

God how I hate this saying..

I catch-up during my weekends. Insomnia and being a night-owl keeps me up.
That, and having to be at work an hour ago. 12 hours to go! :)

Ahh, fair enough. I feel sorry for people with Insomnia ):
But that doesn't mean I forgive you and Gameplay for overtaking my spot *shakes fist*

TunaLover

Yeah, I don't get either why Nintendo chose leave the pointer controlled by MotionPlus in SS, it's annoying having to recalibrate the thing every 10 mins. the IR would be perfect for pointing, leaving MotionPlus only to control the sword.

Yeah, I don't get either why Nintendo chose leave the pointer controlled by MotionPlus in SS, it's annoying having to recalibrate the thing every 10 mins. the IR would be perfect for pointing, leaving MotionPlus only to control the sword.

It wasn't even that hard to recalibrate...just press down on the d-pad and success. I actually enjoyed not having to use the pointer/

Aww.. that issue will take care of itself. Equilibrium will be found. I'm not too concerned.

I know but i still cant belive how some CEOs are STILL unable to see this problem... Wich Iwata saw 2005... He is really "DA MAN" when it comes to the videogame industry...

BTW. DA MAN is from now on the official nick i give Iwata. Just that you know :D

HylianTom

Banned
I know but i still cant belive how some CEOs are STILL unable to see this problem... Wich Iwata saw 2005... He is really "DA MAN" when it comes to the videogame industry...

BTW. DA MAN is from now on the official nick i give Iwata. Just that you know :D

No worries.. we all have our own names and abbreviations.

I call the New Unsustainable Twins "the NUTs." :)

joshwaan

Hello all again :)

Another Thread lol shit is crazy :p

To add to the madness

Price? 349.99
Release date? Nov. 10th
Super Smash Bros, F Zero , Pikmin 3 Retro Studios game. Heap 3rd Party Ports :p
Xbox 360 x 2.5
E3 Surprise? Yoshi Island remake :)

But MotionPlus is so clunky as a pointer compared to the IR sensor. Seriously, it was painful just choosing your file in Skyward Sword, like you had to move it 3x what you normally would to get the cursor to move down the the OK button. The IR pointer is great, I'm not sure why they had to try to shoehorn MotionPlus into EVERY freaking piece of that game. The menu? Come on.

Exactly. TP's pointer controls beat out anything in SS. Actually aiming at the object on screen makes perfect sense, whereas "feeling it out" with the motion controls is not at all intuitive. Not sure why they did that. :/

Maxrunner

I dont mind the way SS uses the sensors it just works, but i would prefer if they combined both the ir and the sensors....i still hope they include a wii motion plus in the package, that's they way to ensure that the cod's and the likes give support to it. I dont want dual analog crappiness...

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$350.00 (I would be ok with this)
11-09-2012 (To take advantage of Black Friday)
WiiU Sports, Lego City Stories, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros Mii
Xbox360 X 2.5
Star Fox Armada

Saroyan

When I want to bed last night this was on page 4, wow haha!

Still, I'm having fun reading the thread about nothing.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
E3 Surprise?

$299.99
11/11/12
Wii versus U, NSMB3, LEGO City Stories, Wave Race Resort
3x
Kingdom Hearts 3

Red UFO

They used WM+ because they need some sort of screen to recaliberate with the sensor bar. Why not just build it into existing menus? Seems fine to me.

HylianTom

Banned
Do you even have to ask? These threads are mainly for circling around the same topics over and over.

Pretty much. At this point, I have a Word file that I can copy and paste 90% of my replies from. (j/k)

Although last night's very strange and lovely discussion was certainly an exception..
(this thread has enough room for a pony!)

*STIR sequence in background as HT tap-taps away..*

E3 Predictions

Price? $299.99
Release date? 11/11/12
1st party launch titles?[NSMBmii pack-in],Pikmin 3, Retro's Game.
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? 3x-5x
E3 Surprise(s)? Crysis 3, GTA5, FFXIII Versus.

That actually sounds pretty great to me. Back when I had a Gyration mouse, you had to calibrate it several times per minute -- pretty much as you went!

BurntPork

Banned
A while back, a lot of people were asking about the contents of Nintendo Gamer magazine's WII U myths busted issue...

CVG now has the full feature online, (all 5 pages of it) debunking the rumours about the name, the underpoweredness, and explaining what games the Nintendo studios are working on now.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343549/features/wii-u-the-truth-behind-the-rumours/

Then we have Team Ninja's Fumihiko Yasuda and Yosuke Hayashi who told us that Wii U is "very easy to develop for... we're finding it very similar to develop for Wii U as for Xbox 360 and PS3." In other words, this machine is current-gen-plus, not a powerhouse destined to blow away anything currently available.

Does this mean that next-gen consoles will be incredibly difficult to develop for?

Also, has there been a single reliable rumor pointing to 768MB of RAM?

Does this mean that next-gen consoles will be incredibly difficult to develop for?

Also, has there been a single reliable rumor pointing to 768MB of RAM?

I think everything under 1 GB thus far has been speculation. Then again, there haven't been many memory rumours at all that didn't come from this forum.

BurntPork

Banned
No, it means the dude responsible for the article has no idea what he's writing about. There's no immediate relation between performance and ease of development.

Yeah, no kidding. I bet the 768MB kits comment was pulled out of his ass too. Same goes for the quad-core part (unfortunately). Nothing here but speculation and some wild guesses.

I think everything under 1 GB thus far has been speculation. Then again, there haven't been many memory rumours at all that didn't come from this forum.

True, but two different confirmed people said 1GB. I guess we can't blame CVG for not knowing that, but at the same time they really don't have anything to support that speculation either. All they can say is, "it has more RAM than current consoles."

For some reason? "Hey, look everybody, we put like a whole team* for this new Nintendo system and created** an all new compelling*** first person shooter experience with an innovative**** control method!"

* janitors
** half-baked
*** lousy
**** broken

A bit harsh there mate lol

I'm one of the few people that at the time of launch thought that the first Red Steel game was good. It wasn't perfect by any means, the FPS controls were poorly designed (but that went on for all FPS games until Prime 3 was released), but the swordplay worked fine imo. Ubisoft have come out with some bloody terrible Wii games but they've also brought a bit of quality to the Wii too - the Raving Rabbids franchise has been good, as has Red Steel 2 and the Shaun White franchise (as long as you have a Balance Board).

Freaks is the title I've been looking forward to the most, it has some decent humour to it, is set in London, has an English protagonist, has mutant killer Raving Rabbids as enemies and, most importantly, has a multiplayer mode that isn't your bog standard Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag and Hoard (although I'm hoping they also include all of these all the same). And it's probably run on the LyN engine, which is a tasty piece of kit so it should look good.

Unfortunately a 5-8 hour long single player campaign is pretty standard these days but who knows, it may clock in over that or at least have some sort of replay value.

lol, Yamauchi got Nintendo into the "love hotel" business back in the 60's (as well as a taxi service and other enterprises).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWKftqWTVaM

That music in the beginning was pretty awesome.

frye.gif

Thanks for the link. But sounds like they wasted their time. This part was particularly head scratching.

The Wii U is almost certainly running on a quad-core 3GHz PowerPC-based 45nm CPU. Early whispers that it'll have 768MB of DRAM embedded within the CPU and shared with an unknown AMD-based GPU (not ATI, as per the original Japanese developer quotes) have been all but debunked; by comparison the Xbox 360 has just 10MB of embedded DRAM, and a colosso-chip of the size suggested would likely require a console casing as big as your sofa. Nintendo are currently testing two versions of the console for development purposes - one with 768MB of memory (compared with the 360's 512MB) and another with 1GB, as they attempt to find that sweet spot between power and cost.

Apparently they don't realize that all the bolded was the same rumor with the part that's also underlined, or I'm just not understanding what they are saying.

tkscz

That music in the beginning was pretty awesome.

frye.gif

Thanks for the link. But sounds like they wasted their time. This part was particularly head scratching.

Apparently they don't realize that all the bolded was the same rumor with the part that's also underlined, or I'm just not understanding what they are saying.

Your problem is you're actually taking it seriously. Of course I stopped paying attention to any spec talk until E3.

Sadist

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
E3 Surprise?

€/$ 299,99
18th of November
Pikmin 3, 1080 Mountain Bash, Pack in demo
TIMES 3
Retro's and EAD Tokyo games, Steamworks and a third party title which makes everyone say lol whut

A bit harsh there mate lol

I'm one of the few people that at the time of launch thought that the first Red Steel game was good. It wasn't perfect by any means, the FPS controls were poorly designed (but that went on for all FPS games until Prime 3 was released), but the swordplay worked fine imo. Ubisoft have come out with some bloody terrible Wii games but they've also brought a bit of quality to the Wii too - the Raving Rabbids franchise has been good, as has Red Steel 2 and the Shaun White franchise (as long as you have a Balance Board).

Hrm. I thought that the controls in CoD3 felt a lot more natural (except for dumb "SHAKE EVERYTHING!" QTE moments and any time that you looked up and the world started rapidly spinning). There was also the issue of a bug where the remote speaker (or was it the rumble?) occasionally glitched the aiming in the game. The still image cutscenes could have been a stylistic choice but felt to me like a saving money choice. The sword stuff wasn't bad, but we were all caught up in the "oooh, one-to-one lightsaber!" fever that it was hard to avoid being disappointed in the rhythm minigame we ended up getting.

I got a few levels in. It was not terrible, but it did not live up to its promise, and it certainly should have been more well rounded to deserve the million-plus sales it got.

Freaks is the title I've been looking forward to the most, it has some decent humour to it, is set in London, has an English protagonist, has mutant killer Raving Rabbids as enemies and, most importantly, has a multiplayer mode that isn't your bog standard Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag and Hoard (although I'm hoping they also include all of these all the same). And it's probably run on the LyN engine, which is a tasty piece of kit so it should look good.

Unfortunately a 5-8 hour long single player campaign is pretty standard these days but who knows, it may clock in over that or at least have some sort of replay value.

With first person shooters, all I really need are:
A) At least three person split-screen multiplayer
B) The option to use a classic controller (because my friends are incredibly resistant to change)
C) [preferred but not absolutely required] The option to use a Wii remote and nunchuk (because that's my preferred control method)
D) A competent level creator

Not much to ask for here. Frankly, I'm shocked that only one fps game from last gen that I can think of satisfied three of those points and none satisfied all.

But anyway, with regard to KFfOS, I remain cautiously… cautious.

wsippel

Banned

Well, the author seemingly didn't even know that AMD and ATI are the same company...

czk

Typical COD gamer
So, Nintendo isn't coming to Gamescom...

Ehh, I don't believe we'll get any info until E3.

I'm out of here (with a dedicated gif for this occasion).

as-a-goof_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

768MB eDRAM on the cpu die is a bit different than 768MB memory in the system. One is an impossibly high achievement to consider sensible, the other is laughably unambitious.

With first person shooters, all I really need are:
A) At least three person split-screen multiplayer
B) The option to use a classic controller (because my friends are incredibly resistant to change)
C) [preferred but not absolutely required] The option to use a Wii remote and nunchuk (because that's my preferred control method)
D) A competent level creator

Not much to ask for here. Frankly, I'm shocked that only one fps game from last gen that I can think of satisfied three of those points and none satisfied all.

Games like this will never happen...again. Sadly.
I really do enjoy me some at home with friends multiplayer.

Javier

Odds of Dragon Quest X being a Wii U launch title in the west?

Or at least released during the first couple of months?

BurntPork

Banned
Well, the author seemingly didn't even know that AMD and ATI are the same company...

*looks up*

I... I just... What? The name of the magazine is Computers and Video Games. God, and I thought the guys at IGN who "built a Project Cafe" were idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom