• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

So, what should we be expecting out of SDCC? The only thing definitely confirmed is a Forward Unto Dawn trailer I think. Karen Traviss and Greg Bear don't seem to be on the fiction panel, but surely there'll at least be some mention of their next books.

Is a forge reveal a possibility? Reach's Forge was first shown at SDCC, right? I'm guessing at the very least we'll see either the first or second level of the campaign, one new Spartan Op, and one multiplayer map (revealing one of the remade maps might be cool). I'm trying to set expectations realistically, but the long wait between info drops is going to kill me eventually.

I'd say you're setting your expectations very high there. I'd be surprised if we saw any new campaign. I think we'll get a new multi map, some info about Thursday War as well as Marvel's next line of Halo comics - it is Comic-Con after all.

Possibly Forge and/or Theatre too.

I'm still convinced they'll show a Limited/Legendary edition Console.

Oh yeah, and loads of reveals and spoilers via toys.

I'd say you're setting your expectations very high there. I'd be surprised if we saw any new campaign. I think we'll get a new multi map, some info about Thursday War as well as Marvel's next line of Halo comics - it is Comic-Con after all.

I'm really not a fan of how they do spoilers with the toys.

I'd like to see a multi map that shows some color. But I bet it's that snowbound-esque one that they show instead. A forge reveal would be pretty solid.

I'm really not a fan of how they do spoilers with the toys.

I'd like to see a multi map that shows some color. But I bet it's that snowbound-esque one that they show instead. A forge reveal would be pretty solid.

Do we even know that they are actually showing the game at SDCC? Isn't just FUD and fiction stuff confirmed.

I'll say again, expect nothing.

Shadders

So, this is probably old news but did anyone see that Sideshow may have teased Halo products in a video preview for one of their LOTR statutes?

Hp8tA.png

A better shot showing Chief's legs:

Sideshow.png

Not too late for you to get back on.

Thanks, but I'm watching Breaking Bad now.

And now that I finished this ep, I have to watch another. Damn.

I personally expect nothing of note between now and launch.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think they'll show Forge at PAX. Other than that I don't expect them to show much for the couple of reasons. The first is that I just want to keep my expectations in check for info that they will release. The second is that I think they are taking a more ambiguous marketing plan than Bungie did with the past couple Halo games where if you paid attention you knew pretty much everything other than the plot details about the game.

There's certainly something to be said about not showing off every facet and every mission/level of the game before release. Activision shows about 10 total seconds of competitive MP for each COD before it comes out and it's the most popular game on the planet.

Crucio

Good choice for the thread title!
I'm still waiting for that header to load, all I keep seeing it the link.

blamite

Yeah, maybe that would be a bit much. But the panel description mentions campaign being discussed, and I can't imagine talking about campaign without any new footage, but I also can't imagine that E3 demo being brought out again. Considering we've already seen/heard a fair bit about the first stage on the FuD, I don't think it'd be that much of a stretch to show a bit of that level.

It'll be retesting, to be sure. There's a lot to potentially talk about, but a lot of it is probably at least a little spoilery, but the game is still far out enough that the reveals need to be paced to lasts while. Should be "fun."

zethren

Banned
So anyone going to RTX? Rooster Teeth Expo.

There's going to be a 343 Halo 4 panel, and the game will be playable on the show floor. My gf and her little bro are going, and I was going to go but work and money got in the way :p

Nando13

There's going to be a 343 Halo 4 panel, and the game will be playable on the show floor. My gf and her little bro are going, and I was going to go but work and money got in the way :p

Streaming?

Kuroyume

Banned
Really would have been nice if this upcoming game had kept the same release month that 3 and Reach had. Still sooooooooooooooooooooooo far away.

EagleBurn

Banned
Really would have been nice if this upcoming game had kept the same release month that 3 and Reach had. Still sooooooooooooooooooooooo far away.

The closer they are to Christmas, the more consumers that are going to buy them as presents. Also, releasing it on the US Election Day is bound to get news.

Wolf is not a big stupid jellyfish.
It is not pleased to read this response.

Tunavi and Squidhands are going.

I'll adopt Frankie and Heckfu
I'll adopt you.
Just tried to have warm beer in a frozen mug. Did not make it cold. Feels bad.

I want a Chief from 3A and Hot Toys should do one too!
Halo 4 Master Chief please. Said that since they showed Carter the first time.

The closer they are to Christmas, the more consumers that are going to buy them as presents. Also, releasing it on the US Election Day is bound to get news.
I think that's a given, but it doesn't mean we can't wish for a sooner release. Just thinking about having to wait until November causes me great pain. Thankfully, I'll probably be getting a 3dsXL. And if Mist of Pandaria magically comes out by October, that will allow me to kill some time, too. Speaking of which, what are other things coming out before Halo4 that people plan on playing to occupy their wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom