• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcile

Pikmin 3
Wii Fit U
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Wii U VC

...and maybe Monolith Soft tease.

That would fill up 30 mins easily and is about in line with the content of previous Directs.

Kenka

Nintendo should have hired Branislav Ivanovic to be the ass on the cover.

iva.jpg

8020533497_2fe36e4146_z.jpg

Linkhero1

Calling it right now. You're all going to be disappointed.

They're going to show and give release dates to Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Wii U Fit and some other titles no one cares about. We'll probably also get a Bayonetta trailer too. I don't expect anything major to be announced at the ND. No Retro, No MonolithSoft, No 3D Mario.

Randdalf

Calling it right now. You're all going to be disappointed.

They're going to show and give release dates to Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Wii U Fit and some other titles no one cares about. We'll probably also get a Bayonetta trailer too. I don't expect anything major to be announced at the ND. No Retro, No MonolithSoft, No 3D Mario.

I'm not expecting anything overtly major but is it wrong of us to expect new games from a Nintendo Direct which is about new games?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/293719702830739456

Mr Iwata will reveal new games for #WiiU in a new #NintendoDirectEU at 2pm GMT on 23/01

Porcile

I'm not expecting anything overtly major but is it wrong of us to expect new games from a Nintendo Direct which is about new games?

Nintendo's wording is very ambiguous. I read new as in 'not yet released'. I won't complain If that's not the case though.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
I am. They need something big and they need it now.

Seconded. Nintendo needs to go all-out; even if they have to announce their heavy hitters super early then they need to do that. They are in imminent danger of being lost in the media storm for the upcoming HD twins. Something like a new Mario; a Metroid Prime revival; something really powerful to make waves and grab headlines. Bayonetta 2 was a good start but they need more than that.

I'm really hoping Nintendo go for it.

Kenka

• 20 minutes Wii Fit U presentation
  • Virtual Console detailed without prices
  • Miiverse coming to 3DS
  • Pikmin 3 trailer
  • More DLC for NSMB 2

*end*

Tookay

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by this ND, but I'm not holding out much hope.

If their big games are not ready then they aren't ready.

Fans should be used to large droughts by now.

I'm used to large droughts when their systems are half-dead.

Not so much the beginning of their lives.

Never said it was wrong to expect new games. I'm saying they're not going to announce anything majorly important which falls under other titles no one cares about.

Why do people continue to act like we haven't gotten anything major from ND in the past? Haven't we got a hardware announcement, mainline Pokemom, Bayonetta 2, and I think either 3D Land or NSMB2 (maybe both?). I understanding tempering your expectations, but it's completely reasonable to expect at least one big announcement.

Linkhero1

Why do people continue to act like we haven't gotten anything major from ND in the past? Haven't we got a hardware announcement, mainline Pokemom, Bayonetta 2, and I think either 3D Land or NSMB2 (maybe both?). I understanding tempering your expectations, but it's completely reasonable to expect at least one big announcement.

I never said that either. Quit putting words into my mouth. Not sure why you guys are getting upset at my low expectations. It tends to be better to play it safe.

Tookay

I'd say Pokemon was the biggest announcement they've had in a ND (though it wasn't necessarily a huge surprise).

3D Land I think was shown at the Game Developer's Conference.

Bayonetta 2 didn't exactly set the world on fire (outside of Platinum-loving GAF).

NSMB2 was met with shrugs here.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
New Yoshi's Story
-NSMB graphics
-Even More sugary than the N64 edition
-BAH's everywhere
-developed by those that commited the crime of making YI on DS

Fixed for even worse reality.

I'd still buy it.

TrickRoom

So let's see if I'm up to speed...

Announcement of completely new games, Wii U specific, hyped by Iwata, hyped by Monolithsoft...

Is that everything? Is it safe to jump on the hype train now?

Instro

I just want more W101 and a release date, maybe some Bayo footage. Anything else is bonus.

Announcement of completely new games, Wii U specific, hyped by Iwata, hyped by Monolithsoft...

When did that happen?

Tookay

No, stay away.

The hype train only ends in pain.

I'm still bitter from Nintendo's last two E3 hype trains...

Randdalf

I never said that either. Quit putting words into my mouth. Not sure why you guys are getting upset at my low expectations. It tends to be better to play it safe.

A Nintendo Direct thread is no place for low expectations, otherwise that would dull the pain when high expectations are not met!

Instro

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by this ND, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm used to large droughts when their systems are half-dead.

Not so much the beginning of their lives.

Really? Not to downplay the WiiU's current situation, but I would say a drought after the initial release of a console is very common. We've seen it happen with consistency with almost all recent console/handheld releases.

NateDrake

I was hoping Dual Pixels would post some stupid rumor article to go with the upcoming Nintendo Direct. They usually make up some new shit whenever a ND happens. The one before the Pokemon Direct they had tons of fake announcements told to them by their mystery source "Geno" and none came true.

I responded to your post saying not to expect anything major by pointing out that ND has delivered in the past (and 3D Land was at GDC, so strike that). I didn't mean to single you out necessarily, you were just the most recent poster I saw dealing in anti-hype, when NDs have been decent-to-good to us in the past. I even agreed that it's best to keep managed expectations. But when they schedule an ND at last minute, and tweet about "revealing new games", it doesn't seem impossibly optimistic to expect that we might get one announcement that we actually give a shit about.

Linkhero1

A Nintendo Direct thread is no place for low expectations, otherwise that would dull the pain when high expectations are not met!

Well let me tell you something again you will be dissapointed big time because it is going to be free roaming open world Island 3D adventure.

My life is full of lies!

I responded to your post saying not to expect anything major by pointing out that ND has delivered in the past (and 3D Land was at GDC, so strike that). I didn't mean to single you out necessarily, you were just the most recent poster I saw dealing in anti-hype, when NDs have been decent-to-good to us in the past. I even agreed that it's best to keep managed expectations. But when they schedule an ND at least minute, and tweet about "revealing new games", it doesn't seem impossibly optimistic to expect that we might get one announcement that we actually give a shit about.

I'm always dealing anti-hype in every Nintendo thread. It's the only way to be safe in terms of expectations. I've been disappointed too many times in the past that I refuse to expect anything big. If something huge gets announced then I'll be happier than Reggie finally realizing why banana's are important. If nothing huge is announced then I won't be disappointed because I kept my expectations low to begin with. I don't mean to come off as a pessimistic but I have no choice.

Well let me tell you something again you will be dissapointed big time because it is going to be free roaming open world Island 3D adventure.

What are you talking about? That would be a good game. Want 3D Cel Shaded Yoshi so bad...

...Scary...

I going to bed within the hour. 2:23 AM here so I'll go in blind with their youtube video when I wake up. I expect Gamecube games to be released today. I know they won't even mention VC tho lol. :(

Kandinsky

I'm expecting a Mario Kart teaser, except this time it will be and all Nintendo Stars thing, like the Sega one and it will be GLORIOUS.

Terrell

Really? Not to downplay the WiiU's current situation, but I would say a drought after the initial release of a console is very common. We've seen it happen with consistency with almost all recent console/handheld releases.

You can go further back than that. SNES wasn't very strong at launch, either, and Genesis didn't even have a game at launch that could PRETEND to be a killer app.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

The crazy people are the ones without low expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom