• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that daydream again.
The one where Sony does a Playstation Indirect an hour before a Nintendo Direct where announcements are made indirectly through sock puppets talking in riddles.

Nintendo's got such a massively powerful backlog, they could literally just spend a year exclusively porting Gamecube and N64 games to the WiiU, and it would be fantastic.

73V3N

Banned
Are you sure. The australian one is at 23rd Jan @ 24:00 AEST and it's currently 6pm so it's only 6 hours away

t1358949600z1.png

Blades64

Banned
Nintendo has so much AWESOME unused IPs that they literally could just make new installments in the various series for the coming years and it would be awesome!

I think we should expect one of the big IPs? Either 3D Mario, Zelda, or Metroid? Probably Mario, I smell Mario. Definitely VC though, it makes so much sense to rush VC it's painful.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yea that's a pretty horrible thing to say in a Nintendo thread, I bought this WiiU to be a Monster Hunter box and nostalgia transfusion machine.
I bought it for Nintendo software of the past present and future. I'll buy the orbis for Sony software of the future and third party software of course =}.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
I think this is one of those events that deserves the GAF thread open at all times whilst watching the live stream. I just want to be here to witness the bombs live. That's assuming we get bombs but I think given the performance of the Wii U Nintendo needs to drop the heavy hitters. Who's expecting major game announcements like a new Mario or Metroid?

AzVal

I'm stunned... This one beats the "Vita: back from the dead"-gif from the Media Create Sales thread as best gaf-gif ever imo

I think this is the best one so far this year

Thread: Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

Back on topic, what could be announced even if not this year that could make you go out and buy a WiiU tomorrow?

NMFried

Back on topic, what could be announced even if not this year that could make you go out and buy a WiiU tomorrow?

A price drop. Don't get me wrong, I bought the 3DS at $250, but a college kid doesn't have the money to drop $350 on a console with only a few games out right now that I'm interested in.

Games like Yoshi, a proper WarioWare, or a 3D Mario would give me a reason to save for one, but unless one of those games is released tomorrow, I'll be waiting.

Krowley

I think this is one of those events that deserves the GAF thread open at all times whilst watching the live stream. I just want to be here to witness the bombs live. That's assuming we get bombs but I think given the performance of the Wii U Nintendo needs to drop the heavy hitters. Who's expecting major game announcements like a new Mario or Metroid?

I am. They need something big and they need it now.

Shoyz

A price drop. Don't get me wrong, I bought the 3DS at $250, but a college kid doesn't have the money to drop $350 on a console with only a few games out right now that I'm interested in.

Games like Yoshi, a proper WarioWare, or a 3D Mario would give me a reason to save for one, but unless one of those games is released tomorrow, I'll be waiting.

$300. As low as around 240 if you buy one second-hand.

Pikma

Banned
haha it only took me one post on GAF for people to start considering me an insider. This is what HYPE does to you XD
So you made an account just so you could tease us? What are you, french? Nintendo leaks come from France 90% of the time, do you know what other company has offices there? Ubisoft! Ha I resolved the puzzle! Hey do you know anything about a ZombiU sequel? and don't try to answer me with a "no" because I'll take that as a "YES".

Shoyz

Well one of the games I'm interested in is Nintendo Land. It'd just make sense to get the Deluxe bundle.

~25 used/second-hand, and sure to decrease further as time goes on. The only non-negligible differences are the color and storage, and considering that the storage is completely negligible when that money is put in an HDD instead, it's not worth it unless you really like black or unless you're going to invest tons of money in downloads (which is a waste of money).

If you go for a cheap white and nintendoland, that'd be 265 instead of 350. Your choice though! Either way I'd get one used, savings are pretty huge.

okay so going by what has been discussed over the last few pages the following is looking likely

- Retro's game shown, either Metroid or Zelda.
- Yoshi's Island: Wii U.
- Monolith's project, which is a next gen remake of Mother.
- Resident Evil 2 remake.
- GCN virtual console running at HD resolution, plus GamePad support.
- Temporary GTAV exclusivity.
Internet people love the pain.
Nothing, but F-Zero will guarantee a purchase when it drops.

Randdalf

I think the most likely outcome is a new Mario Kart game, personally. I could see them re-revealing Game & Wario too. I also wonder if Nintendo themselves has been working on eShop-only titles in addition to retail ones.

AzaK

I'd be happy if it's Yoshi's Island U developed by Retro. I mean, they deserve HUGE CREDIT for bringing Donkey Kong Country back in a way that not only was truthfull to it's originals, but IMHO even surpassed them.

Since I'm sure Nintendo EAD is bussy with other things, Retro may have been given the task (since they are the only ones besides the EADs who can do it).

Yoshi's Island U really needs to be a AAA efford, though (like DKCR), in order to get my approval! It may even need to be a AAA+ efford, since Super Mario Land 2: Yoshi's Island is still THE BEST 2D Jump'n Run/Platformer ever created.

Nooooooooo. Fuck the cute Nintendo shit. We know Nintendo can do that in their sleep. Give us deep, epic, balls explodingly meaty shit. New shit. New areas for Nintendo. No Mario Kart, we know it's coming. No Yoshi or Wii Fit U.

RedFalco

So you made an account just so you could tease us? What are you, french? Nintendo leaks come from France 90% of the time, do you know what other company has offices there? Ubisoft! Ha I resolved the puzzle! Hey do you know anything about a ZombiU sequel? and don't try to answer me with a "no" because I'll take that as a "YES".
So...what happens if I say "YES"...? lol

DrWong

I think masuda or someone said before pokemon snap would be possible but they arent making it anytime soon or something I forget.
They said "no plan" in a US interview during the B&W 2 promotion tour, and "why not" in a French interview during the same promotion. So... errr... so.

And hello everybody. Went to sleep 6 hours ago but it's like it was 6mn ago. F... hype.

Nosgoroth

Good morning from Europe, GAF, it's almost 9 AM (T minus 6 hours) and what the hell do you mean online multiplayer for Luigi's Mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom