• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

I missed it too and it annoys me to no end, I won't see a repeat on this (even Amazon failed with the EC :/)

yup it does, once you set it as the target output screen, your games will boot on that display
Innnnteresring. Will have to play with that.

Tizoc

MAN RED FAC GUERRILLA IS HECKA TIGHT PEACE TO THQ I'M SMASHIN MAD SHIT WITH A HAMMER

I LIKE TO SMASH STUFF WITH A HAMMER!
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME YOU CAN DO THAT IN THIS GAME?!
*adds to wishlist*

So when can we expect a THQ Sale on Steam? ...and were it to happen, can we expect one on GMG too a week or so later?

kennah

So when can we expect a THQ Sale on Steam? ...and were it to happen, can we expect one on GMG too a week or so later?
Ummm. Probably never? They don't even know how many games will still be available after the backrupcy is final.

Alur

Man, I'm dying to play Monaco right now, and I had only just found out about it a matter of weeks ago. Something about what I have seen of it just clicks for me. Can't believe it won't be out until April.

I keep getting more and more excited about it as well. Definitely looking forward to it. When I saw that game Half Inch Heist came out for IOS I was like "SAME CONCEPT?!!?" but no...sadly, no.

IamAwake

Finally got my account approved! Glad to finally contribute to this thread!
To celebrate, have some steam keys (Quote to reveal):
Zenbound 2

Binding of Isaac + DLC

Let me know if you take them! Please one each!

Also can I get an invite to the GAF Steam group?

Steam Profile

Does anyone know what the recent Far Cry 3 download was for? It was 208MB

For the free Co-Op missions I believe.

game_page_banner.png

The co-op story is far from over. Hoyt’s privateers have ambushed the four survivors and taken them hostage. It’s up to you and your friends to escape an underground prison and find a way off this island of insanity.

This Free High Tides DLC Pack Includes:

2 New Co-op Maps: Jailbreak & Redemption
4 New Co-op Skins: "Warrior-ized" Leonard, Tisha, Callum & Mikhael

Nabs

You should play Chivalry. It's a good game.

Just had a pretty fun 1v1 vs morningbus. He ended up winning 7-2 or something like that. You could call him a brutal legend.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
hey, how do i get steam to only update stuff when i tell it to/ask me first? kinda low on HDD space at the moment

Go to game in Library > right-click > Properties > Updates tab > under Automatic Updates select "Do not automatically update this game"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hey, how do i get steam to only update stuff when i tell it to/ask me first? kinda low on HDD space at the moment

Right-click on a game -> Properties -> Updates -> Do not automatically update this game. This has to be done on a per-game basis; there's no universal toggle. Also, on the odd occasion you may find that the option mysteriously switched back to "Always keep this game up to date".

Edit: b10.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Right-click on a game -> Properties -> Updates -> Do not automatically update this game. This has to be done on a per-game basis; there's no universal toggle. Also, on the odd occasion you may find that the option mysteriously switched back to "Always keep this game up to date".

Edit: b10.

Still a useful reminder that it's on a per-game basis. It can really get annoying, too, if you have a lot of games installed (especially when Steam decides to do what it wants instead).

didamangi

Still a useful reminder that it's on a per-game basis. It can really get annoying, too, if you have a lot of games installed (especially when Steam decides to do what it wants instead).

Luckily if the game is on the new content system you can still play the game even when it's already updating.

IrishNinja

yeah, i wish there was a "ask me for all" option, my #2 request right now after having steam mover/the ability to install to different drives as a standard feature. thanks though guys.

JaseC

yeah, i wish there was a "ask me for all" option, my #2 request right now after having steam mover/the ability to install to different drives as a standard feature.  thanks though guys.

The window that appears when adding a non-Steam game is perfectly suited towards addressing automatic updating more broadly:

ioyasfhhyrxu6t.jpg

(Age of Empires isn't actually on GoG.com; that just happens to be my only category.)

ArjanN

You should play Chivalry. It's a good game.

Just had a pretty fun 1v1 vs morningbus. He ended up winning 7-2 or something like that. You could call him a brutal legend.

Funny you should say that because Brutal Legend just got added to the steam registry. :)

Tizoc

Now someone just needs to dress up as a fortune teller and tell Wada that releasing Lost Odyssey on PC/Steam will make S-E a lot of profits and I'll prob. never need to buy a 360~

Glass Rebel

Now someone just needs to dress up as a fortune teller and tell Wada that releasing Lost Odyssey on PC/Steam will make S-E a lot of profits and I'll prob. never need to buy a 360~

Not sure what talking to Wada would accomplish when Square-Enix wasn't involved in any way.

Tomodachi

That didn't stop them from releasing FF7 to PC~
Incidently enough this year is Lost Odyssey's 5th anniversary too.

What I meant is that Lost Odyssey wasn't published by Square-Enix because Sakaguchi already left them when he created it. You should ask Mistwalker or Microsoft, more likely.

Tizoc

What I meant is that Lost Odyssey wasn't published by Square-Enix because Sakaguchi already left them when he created it. You should ask Mistwalker or Microsoft, more likely.

well shit you're right I always thought it was by S-E, my bad ^_^;

kami_sama

IS proteus worth the money?

Been selling some of my steam items to get that and Antichamber. Now that I have money for the first one: Shoyl I buy it or wait to get enough money for the second one?

JaseC

Amazon is selling the console versions of Brutal Legend for a little under $16 (down from the list price of $20), so my guess is the belated PC version will launch at $14.99 with a 10-15% early bird discount. I'd find that agreeable.

The PS3 ver. has a glitch that prevents one from finishing the game, if by the final battle they've collected more than 70% of the collectables =/

I completed the game with 100% befor doing the final battle. I had this glitch the first time while final battle but not the second time.

Amazon is selling the console versions of Brutal Legend for a little under $16 (down from the list price of $20), so my guess is the belated PC version will launch at $14.99 with a 10-15% early bird discount. I'd find that agreeable.

I gues they are selling it for 20$ with early bird discount. Because Brutal Legend is a bigger production then Stacking/Costume Quest etc so they want more money. If they want 15$ for BL then they are generous.

Wok

IS proteus worth the money?

Been selling some of my steam items to get that and Antichamber. Now that I have money for the first one: Shoyl I buy it or wait to get enough money for the second one?

Would you like an exporation-based zen musical game? Would you wander around in Minecraft without mining nor crafting?

Do you like Dear Esther? Would you like it if there were no story, and no realistic texture?

There is an OT.

zkylon

zkylewd
Funny you should say that because Brutal Legend just got added to the steam registry. :)
My, the world's intent on making my PS3 obsolete and I have no qualms with that.

Seriously is this real life.

Here's hoping that, would get it for free off hat trade.

Glass Rebel

Uhm, Arkham City GOTY is 66% off for me, I assume it's because I already own the base-game? If I bought the GOTY, would it replace my Vanilla entry?

JaseC

I gues they are selling it for 20$ with early bird discount. Because Brutal Legend is a bigger production then Stacking/Costume Quest etc so they want more money. If they want 15$ for BL then they are generous.

PC versions of games that are released to retail are generally cheaper than their console counterparts (granted, this is something that's becoming increasingly less common among certain publishers), so I figure an RRP difference of $5 for a three-year-old game is fair. Time will tell!

zkylon

zkylewd
PC versions of games that are released to retail are generally cheaper than their console counterparts (granted, this is something that's becoming increasingly less common among certain publishers), so I figure an RRP difference of $5 for a three-year-old game is fair. Time will tell!
Fair is not in in EA's lexicon.

JaseC

Fair is not in in EA's lexicon.

If Double Fine is funding the port out of its own pocket it's possible that EA isn't involved, similar to how Microsoft allowed Remedy to self-publish the PC version of Alan Wake.

Ea wouldnt want to spend money to release a not-commercial-success game on the pc. I would laugh if the PC version sells 10x better then PS3 and Xbox360 together.

zkylon

zkylewd
If they got the IP back that'd be awesome but from DFA's last video I have the feeling DF doesn't have the money to buy back anything.

I really don't get why big publishers free themselves of IPs like these in the first place. I mean, it's not like they have maintaining costs or DF can pay them millions for it, so why not keep it?

Ea wouldnt want to spend money to release a not-commercial-success game on the pc. I would laugh if the PC version sells 10x better then PS3 and Xbox360 together.
It wouldn't be that big a milestone, would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom