• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

You need to make that shit.

Make sure you add in some competitive multiplayer so we can get it into Evo 2014.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't be reasonable. Valve is personally wronging me by not putting up my metroidvania arcade shooter loli dating pinball sim.
Now if you would just listen to me and convert it to a FPS SourceMod game, you'd get all the votes you need
to start your kickstarter after you're greenlit

Tizoc

lol, today's daily isn't available in my region XP
Today's daily deal is Prototype 2.

Oh and here are some give-aways I've made~

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know, despite just throwing random niche genres together, I could totally see how that game could work.

General background: You live in a futuristic steampunk world of feudal-style lords and your Father tasks you with uniting these disparate factions by romancing each lord's daughter. You must prove yourself by beating each lord's "table."

Mechanics:

Arcade Shooter/Pinball mashup is easy: a game like Jamestown, but you are constantly trying to outrace a dark void behind you. The enemies don't attack you in the traditional sense, but by ramming into you, forcing you closer to the void behind you.

Metroidvania: Each table has multiple doors and exits, which can affect the powerups you receive while playing and the overall outcome of your attempts at romancing the Lord's daughter.

Dating Sim: Once you've beaten the table, you must win the fine maiden's favor by reading the subtle clues found throughout the table. Did you enter a room covered in roses? What do you answer when she asks you for a flower?

Tower defense: once you've recruited a number of lords, you then get the opportunity to use their rooms to craft your own table, which the computer, acting as an invading warlord, will try to best.

The game basically programs itself.

You need to make that shit.

Make sure you add in some competitive multiplayer so we can get it into Evo 2014.

You've officially given the Evo breast cancer fundraiser more coverage than Kotaku.

When I run the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Configuration tool, it messes with my mouse, pushing the cursor into the top left corner, making it very difficult to deal with it (I don't actually need to). Otherwise, the game itself runs great. I'm working my way through the World Cup, having unlocked Amigo and...Danica Patrick. OK, I rooted for her during her IndyCar days, but this is the weirdest choice for a driver I've seen. I'll stick with Beat, and maybe switch to Gum when I unlock her (when can you do this?)

fleck0

Holy crap, I never realised that Steam now allows for installing of a game on different drives natively

yeah it's great for SSDs. I've been having weird issues with this feature over the last few months where some games don't give me the dropdown box (TF2 is an example that never lets me pick)

Whooter

yeah it's great for SSDs. I've been having weird issues with this feature over the last few months where some games don't give me the dropdown box (TF2 is an example that never lets me pick)

I'm not certain, but I believe Valve-published titles don't give you the option. Everything else does, though...

didamangi

When I run the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Configuration tool, it messes with my mouse, pushing the cursor into the top left corner, making it very difficult to deal with it (I don't actually need to). Otherwise, the game itself runs great.

I think it does that if you have a controller. The config works fine for me (keyboard, mouse only)

But yeah, I'm glad that the game run smooth as butter. Not like the first one which is a stutter fest on AMD cards.

any opinions on dungeonland? searched for a thread and didn't find one.

I played it coop a few days befor on a friends computer. The game is meh. Quite fun if you play with a few friends but boring after you played each "campaign". There are a few motivations (new weapons,hats,armors) but they have nearly no effect besides new potions and perks. And you can easily farm money by doing Dungeonmaster vs easy bots. I thought about buying the game too. But then i played it and instantly lost my interest.

I played it coop a few days befor on a friends computer. The game is meh. Quite fun if you play with a few friends but boring after you played each "campaign". There are a few motivations (new weapons,hats,armors) but they have nearly no effect besides new potions and perks. And you can easily farm money by doing Dungeonmaster vs easy bots. I thought about buying the game too. But then i played it and instantly lost my interest.

Alright, guess I'll wait for a steep sale. Thanks.

jediyoshi

GMG weekend deals up

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/02/weekend-deals-galore.html

Dragonborn at 20% off
Strike Suit Zero (and the Collector's Edition!) at 20% off
Mini Ninjas at 50% off
Scarygirl at 50% off
Quantum Conundrum at 50% off
Awesomenauts and plenty of DLC at 50% off
Worms Reloaded GOTY at 75% off

At 1600 GMT February 1st, The Last Remnant and Sleeping Dogs (along with its DLC) are 75% off, for 24 hours.

At 1600 GMT February 2nd, Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution will be 75% off, for 24 hours.

At 1600 GMT February 3rd, Hitman Absolution will be 66% off, for 24 hours.

and 25% off these games with voucher
http://www.greenmangaming.com/weekend-deal-extra-25/
GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

DmC $37.50 + $2 cashback or $3 gmg credit
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/dmc-devil-may-cry/

Sonic Transformed $22.50
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed/

The Cave $11.25
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/cave/

Strike Suit Zero $12
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/strike-suit-zero/

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Would you reccomend me legend of grimrock? I do like RPG, but it's this more like a dungeon crawler or something more story-driven?

Caerith

Grimrock is too twitch for my tastes. I love Etrian Odyssey (and hate my phone trying to autocorrect it), but Grimrock mostly is a game of max out one weapon and circle strafe your enemies. Okay, maybe you can experiment with builds, but you're still going to be circle strafing a lot. Just seems dissonant.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really want to play Sleeping Dogs, but I just want it for a few bucks under 10$. 7.50 would have been perfect.

Yup. I missed it and sort of hoped I could use my Amazon Coupon when they priced match Steam

Basically I want to play the game, but I also want to not get distracted from school. So I told myself under 10$. Lol.

I have a copy in my inventory. Can you buy things from gmg? I'll trade you the last remnant for it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, despite just throwing random niche genres together, I could totally see how that game could work.

General background: You live in a futuristic steampunk world of feudal-style lords and your Father tasks you with uniting these disparate factions by romancing each lord's daughter. You must prove yourself by beating each lord's "table."

Mechanics:

Arcade Shooter/Pinball mashup is easy: a game like Jamestown, but you are constantly trying to outrace a dark void behind you. The enemies don't attack you in the traditional sense, but by ramming into you, forcing you closer to the void behind you.

Metroidvania: Each table has multiple doors and exits, which can affect the powerups you receive while playing and the overall outcome of your attempts at romancing the Lord's daughter.

Dating Sim: Once you've beaten the table, you must win the fine maiden's favor by reading the subtle clues found throughout the table. Did you enter a room covered in roses? What do you answer when she asks you for a flower?

Tower defense: once you've recruited a number of lords, you then get the opportunity to use their rooms to craft your own table, which the computer, acting as an invading warlord, will try to best.

The game basically programs itself.

You've officially given the Evo breast cancer fundraiser more coverage than Kotaku.
Don't forget the day-one, on-disc DLC (or pre-order bonus) where every character turns into Serious Sam.

And it should have a Guitar Hero-like minigame, or at least a nude mod and a (shitty) forced stealth mission.

Been a bit away from Steam general talk due to a severe Strike Suit Zerotitis but now that I saw this game called Retrovirus, which to me looks like Rez meets Descent...

Any thoughts on this one? Did anyone get Retrovirus and wouldn't mind to share some thoughts? Thanks in advance.

edit: Also, man, dat Amazon arcade bundle... (Someone got it for me.)

Is Iron Brigade good?

Giran

Wow, Skyrim has just been made available on Steam in my region. Nice one, Bethesda. But at least its base price is 30€.

I finally got every achievement from Sleeping Dogs. One of my favorite games of 2012.

dmugHpx.jpg

<3

M*A*S*H

Also, man, dat Amazon arcade bundle... (Someone got it for me.)

Is Iron Brigade good?

Yes, actually it is pretty good. It's similar to orcs must die but with alot more shooting and tv monsters. The mech customisation is satisfying as is the combat, but it gets pretty tough if you're playing by yourself, so coop is recommended unless you like grinding. Fair warning there is an atrocious bug present on later stages which is damn near ruinous. The game lags heavily every time you pick up scrap, which drops from enemies and which you need to buy and upgrade defences in your current mission. It's bad and DF are having troubles fixing it, but I keep coming back to the game, very much in spite of it.

Lizardus

My Sleeping Dogs refuses to connect to the community hub or whatever the leaderboard thing is called. Even though I am connected to internet, it comes up with "Unable to connect to Social Hub" when I start the game up. Help would be appreciated.

Man, I'm dying to play Monaco right now, and I had only just found out about it a matter of weeks ago. Something about what I have seen of it just clicks for me. Can't believe it won't be out until April.

TheExodu5

Banned
Grimrock is too twitch for my tastes. I love Etrian Odyssey (and hate my phone trying to autocorrect it), but Grimrock mostly is a game of max out one weapon and circle strafe your enemies. Okay, maybe you can experiment with builds, but you're still going to be circle strafing a lot. Just seems dissonant.

Combat only makes up for a small portion of the game, though. Puzzles and exploration are at the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom