• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 5850 and it's a locked 60 @ 2560x1440. I didn't have any issues with the last one, so I'm probably not the person you're looking for.

The PC port is really good so far.

Great news. I was worried because the first game runs like shit on my PC (Phenom II x4 965, HD 7870), It's unplayable on some levels.

I'll get this game eventually.

Wok

I have seen nothing an hour in that looks like it's the modern definition of a "physics based game". It has physics, I mean you can jump and fall, but I haven't seen any puzzles that require you to do anything like qube for example.

Wait for it. I have played the game for 3.2 hours and there are lots of puzzles
with the guns
. I have almost finished the game I think, and the wall of in-game achievements seems to confirm it. I am missing
the gun
I had seen during my first 1h30 play session, and which I thought I could get, but it was definitely for the end game. I had played the demo first, so a fresh player would be slower during the first part of the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have a 5850 and it's a locked 60 @ 2560x1440. I didn't have any issues with the last one, so I'm probably not the person you're looking for.

The PC port is really good so far.

I can vouch for Team Green, I was getting 60 fps @ 2560x1440 on a 460 gtx (similar tier/release window to the 5850).

1-D_FTW

Sounds like they're using the original Sonic Racing engine then. Because that thing could do 1080p @60fps with my 460 running at reduced DVD voltages.

Should be good news for the 3D then. Had I known it was rock solid, I may have been tempted to pre-order. But you never know these days.

The Judge

Anyone still have a spare amazon coupon and is willing to share it? I'll send an amazon gift card beforehand so you don't have to spend your own money in it.

Thanks

wilflare

anyone else using BPM (or is there a master thread?)
if only it is "smart" enough to switch to HDMI Video/Sound when BPM is activated (and switch back to my Default Sound when BPM is deactivated)

kennah

anyone else using BPM (or is there a master thread?)
if only it is "smart" enough to switch to HDMI Video/Sound when BPM is activated (and switch back to my Default Sound when BPM is deactivated)

Or if there were an option to pick which screen it would use. Dreams. But I'm sure this stuff is coming.

esai

Anyone can offer some input on Ridge Racer Unbounded?

i would also like to know. i played one when i was younger but dont remember which one. just playes 2 hours straight of Sonic & All-Stars Racing. man i love this game. add me to play.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone can offer some input on Ridge Racer Unbounded?

It is the hardest racing game I have ever played in my life. I got about 5 races in (barely) and have just been completely stonewalled.

I found Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja easier.

Nabs

It is the hardest racing game I have ever played in my life. I got about 5 races in (barely) and have just been completely stonewalled.

I just remember it being pretty tough at the start, but it got pretty easy after a few more races.

Aaron

I found it easier with the DLC Ridge Racer car. You really need to focus on taking the other racers out to win. Ignore the shortcuts for the most part. They aren't worth the boost.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All that talk about the new Sega racing game (name too long to try and remember it) makes me want to buy it
and then totally forget I have it
. I hope it gets a sale soon, $15 would be a sweet price IMO.

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Wow, Retrovirus is out and selling like shit, #36 on the Top Sellers list. 17€ at 10% off is a bit steep though.

They only got to the finish line due to their gamestop pre-order drive, the bulk of people waiting for it may have taken that option. The rest probably, despite wanting it, already have gargantuan backlogs and scoff at 10% off.
Such is life in Gabetopia.

mr. grape

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is not even in the top ten most sold games, which is disappointing.

How is the PC port btw? Any impressions from AMD users?

I had a lot of issues with stuttering in the first game with my Radeon HD 7970.. However, I've had no issues whatsoever with the sequel. Runs perfectly. It's a fantastic port, for me at least, much better than the console versions.

Jawmuncher

So question about Grimrock.
I know it's a dungeon crawling (oldschool type). Which I think I'm fine with, however would it be recommended to fans of Dark Souls as well? I know there technically not even similar, but I'm talking more the feel and perhaps the way you play it? Such as patience over trying to just run through.

HoosTrax

Is there a way to map the screenshot button (F12) to one of the 360 buttons instead? I'd like to be able to take on-the-fly screenshots when I'm playing something that uses a controller.

Nabs

Is there a way to map the screenshot button (F12) to one of the 360 buttons instead? I'd like to be able to take on-the-fly screenshots when I'm playing something that uses a controller.

Either use Big Picture Mode or set up an Xpadder/joytokey config.

What Crusader Kings 2 DLC is worth buying?
Only the expensive ones, sword of Islam, legacy of Rome, and the republic (the new one, i think that's what its called). Don't bother with the song packs or the units or the portraits, that's trash.

Unless it's in that megapack or whatever and comes out to cents.

szaromir

Banned
Only the expensive ones, sword of Islam, legacy of Rome, and the republic (the new one, i think that's what its called). Don't bother with the song packs or the units or the portraits, that's trash.

Unless it's in that megapack or whatever and comes out to cents.
I actually bought the song packs (at -80% or whatever). I would also like to add that you should purchase an add-on only if you're interested in that particular campaign, eg. don't buy Sword of Islam if you don't want to play as a muslim dynasty.

I actually bought the song packs (at -80% or whatever). I would also like to add that you should purchase an add-on only if you're interested in that particular campaign, eg. don't buy Sword of Islam if you don't want to play as a muslim dynasty.
When he asks for what dlc is "worth it" I take that to mean substantial and actually add something worthwhile to the game.

Joe Molotov

Some new game, DIVO, is up and the description is great:

DIVO - this is an unusual, bright and dynamic arcade game, in which we manage the cavy in a cyber wheel! Our hero must for limited time to reach the finish point is at the level of that simultaneously avoiding collisions with enemies and collecting all sorts of bonuses, for the successful completion of levels! The game also has various elements of puzzles where we have to find certain items in order to pass this or that obstacle. Levels represent as a large tower (tower rotation depends on the movement the main character) around which are placed all the game elements: platforms, teleporters, traps, etc.

Key Features:
- 2 modes of movement of the protagonist: NORMAL mode and the MAGNET
- The original design of the levels at which the levels are not have "left" or "right" edge, and also allows the player to walk around the tower.

So question about Grimrock.
I know it's a dungeon crawling (oldschool type). Which I think I'm fine with, however would it be recommended to fans of Dark Souls as well? I know there technically not even similar, but I'm talking more the feel and perhaps the way you play it? Such as patience over trying to just run through.

Not really, maybe if you play it old school without in game map you could raise the tension and sort of compare that with dark souls but...

Dunno, I couldn't get very far into either Grimrock or Dark souls. They did just not click with me. Just answered since I did not see anyone else do it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom