• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Captivate event planned for 2013, says Capcom

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"This year we're likely to be looking at announcements around other events or not at events at all. So there isn't a Captivate planned this year."

- Sven

Source.

Likely we'll see DSIV at EVO and the bulk of their games at E3 and maybe PAX East.

Probably a good idea. How much has Capcom spent on Captivate events over the years? I remember it being hosted in Hawaii and Rome recently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
"This year we're likely to be looking at announcements around other events or not at events at all. So there isn't a Captivate planned this year."

- Sven

Source.

Likely we'll see DSIV at EVO and the bulk of their games at E3 and maybe PAX East.

I really hope that we are getting announcement at SDCC :p ;)

jschreier

Good. Maybe they'll stop doing them entirely. Publishers need to stop wasting hundreds of thousands on ridiculous press events.

The events are pretty lame, anyway. At least from my home computer...

This one is interesting, too:
The last update we received on the status of updates to UMvC3 came via a live chat session held at the end of January, Capcom noted that:

When asked about updates to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 — which came up constantly throughout the session — the guys said, "It kills us to not be able to talk about some things. Trust me, we know you want to know answers, and there's things we'd love to tell you, but... " they have rules they have to abide by. They didn't confirm anything one way or the other, they're simply saying that they wish they could share details, but they cannot because of the rules in place.

How can someone hate to not be able to talk about something if there's nothing to talk about?
UMvC3X confirmed!

Good. Maybe they'll stop doing them entirely. Publishers need to stop wasting hundreds of thousands on ridiculous press events.
When's your article that mentions Dragon's Crown coming out? :-D

Hmm.

While this is far from the only place where they could announce a new fighting game, it would have been my first guess if they were going to announce SFV or Darkstalkers.

Really hope we get a Darkstalkers announcement at Evo. I would love to be there live to see it (though I would love to see SF5 even more, even though there's no chance at that happening). Also, hopefully we see Deep Down at launch for PS4, that would be one of the things to really push me for a PS4 at the moment.

Too bad E3 and SDCC are so far away, I want to know more!

The other guy in the Log Trap strategy.

I thought that was Frank West.

iKl253PJ47olO.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SFIV came out a long time ago.
The five years thing Ono said + Sven's "these things take time" + Ono mulling updates to SFIV still + DSIV being teased before SFV makes me confident DSIV is coming much sooner than SFV, and we won't see SFV until both next gen platforms mature a bit.

I can see SFV running on that fancy schmancy pantie ray engine, I wonder if DSIV will too, or if it's cross-gen it doesn't and uses an existing engine.

Top Bottom