• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno I find School Days hilarious...

I watched school days 3-4 years ago because i wanted to broad my anime horizon. It ruined this genre for me. And even if i did not watch it, seeing 11 year old girl wants to fuck her brother or teacher etc.... creeps the shit out of me and i don´t want to watch or read such crap. Same thing for 13-15 year old girls. Creepy, creepy shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I watched school days 3-4 years ago because i wanted to broad my anime horizon. It ruined this genre for me. And even if i did not watch it, seeing 11 year old girl wants to fuck her brother or teacher etc.... creeps the shit out of me and i don´t want to watch or read such crap. Same thing for 13-15 year old girls. Creepy, creepy shit.

You didn't finish it? You need to finish it to get the whole NICE BOAT effect.

LeleSocho

Banned

Have you seen it until the end? Because it really is hilarious...
When people recommended me to watch it i thought they were joking but then the ending... oh the ending.

I did finish it. The last 4-5 episode were all kind of sick.

Oh well I guess it depends on the approach you take.

Have you seen it until the end? Because it really is hilarious...
When people recommended me to watch it i thought they were joking but then the ending... oh the ending.

Oh well I guess it depends on the approach you take.

The thing is i always try to give series a chance in every season. Last year i tried this what seemed like a great concept show about a 19 year old college student that had to take care of 3 girls because his sister and her husband died in a plane crash. At first this looked like a great original concept, but then the eldest daughter who was like 13-14 had a crush on her uncle. I watched for 4 episodes before i got creeped out.

That's the point.
The point was to be sick as hell? Well they succeeded.

MCD

06.jpg

X-Change was a good game.

MCD

Are all the X-Change games good? I've only played Yin Yang, which I thought was great minus a few scenarios.

This is nostalgia speaking but I remember 1 and 2 being good and 3 just meh. Main character in 3 became such a downer that ruined the whole mood of the game for me.

Yin-Yang 1 art looked worse to me so I never bothered.

dumbyugi

This is nostalgia speaking but I remember 1 and 2 being good and 3 just meh. Main character in 3 became such a downer that ruined the whole mood of the game for me.

Yin-Yang 1 art looked worse to me so I never bothered.

I'll probably give 1 a try then. Yin Yang is good but there are a few scenarios that were pretty bad and one of the characters voices annoyed the shit out of me.

Which one was it that had the lesbian route?

Yin Yang has a lesbian route, I don't know about the others.

wonzo

Banned
I'll probably give 1 a try then. Yin Yang is good but there are a few scenarios that were pretty bad and one of the characters voices annoyed the shit out of me.

Yin Yang has a lesbian route, I don't know about the others.
Thanks, I remember checking the first one out but never any of the others. I guess I'll revisit the series again sometime.

IHaveIce

Banned
You don't need to read the original TLR, the main chars out of it ( Haruna and Lala) aren't really appearing much in the Darkness series, nobody knows why.

Darkness is almost only Momo, Nana & Yami maybe Mea also.. but the other "old" chars are missing.

upandaway

Toriko

That's a lot of betrayals. Seems kind of unfair for two sides supposedly evenly matched.. unless all of those betrayers are from the "third group", but then, why are they only hurting the good guys.

Holy crap Zebra.

My anticipation doth overflow.
Now that I look carefully, you put "lesbian trio" which is the princess trio, with the description of the "lesbian duo". What! So for the duo:

chapter 147
YRmwMIr.png

But there's like infinite proof for Saki and Rin too!

Love Monster 2
tumblr_mlgg6ewiIW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good second chapter to the story, the new friend introduced, Ryuu led to something really great and pretty funny happening with lots of good intense moment afterwards. Jealousy both ways (once in chp 1 and now in chp 2) with a bit of possessiveness was entertaining of sorts. Will miss them both and their study time after the four chapters.

survivor

Banned
Kinderbook vol 1 End
i5KtvXjrBhvoR.jpg

Well written collection of short stories densely packed with sharp realistic dialogues and alternative art style. The interesting thing about most of these stories is that they don't really have a major conflict or have a strong definitive conclusion. They are mostly snapshots of different people's lives so it's really a true slice of life manga. In a way, it reminded me a lot of the short stories that Tatsumi did. Except that instead of being mostly twisted stories about lonely and sexually frustrated single men, Kinderbook's stories are more diverse and features a variety of different characters.

The biggest strength of the manga is that most of the stories were well grounded in reality and you could easily believe that these are real people with actual problems. It also helps that the art doesn't rely on exaggerated facial expressions or reactions at all. Couple of the stories were on the dark side, especially A Picture Story for Melancholic Girls, and the one with the double suicide pact, Over There, Beautiful Binary Suns, but the rest did have some uplifting moments.

One thing I wasn't sure about is if that some of the stories were loosely connected together. I do recall seeing some names popping up over and over again, but these were for characters who were in high school in older stories and now they are grown up adults, and with this art it was hard to tell if there were supposed to be the same people.

Wiseblade

Bad, read To-love-ru darkness.

I disagree. He should just start with Momo greatness and forget the thing has a plot altogether.
You guys are crazy. TLR actually managed to be funny at times and was generally less sleazy-feeling. Darkness is miserable and lame. Yami was already the worst girl; upping her screentime and introducing three new characters related to her just makes things worse. Momo is annoying too.

I jumped straight into darkness and honestly felt like I missed nothing of significance. Better to just get to the 'good part' straight off.
Edit:

Sure those can be hilarious too.

But you skipped the "good part".

That's a ringing endorsement if ever I've heard one.

I'm going to start with original To love-ru tommorrow. Just download all of it to the ipad and sit on the beach and read all of it.

I'm going to read TLR just to see if its as bad as you guys say it is.

Will post impressions every five-10 chapters.

Make sure to read one chapter a day for maximum suffering.

Toriko

That's a lot of betrayals. Seems kind of unfair for two sides supposedly evenly matched.. unless all of those betrayers are from the "third group", but then, why are they only hurting the good guys.

Holy crap Zebra.

I am pretty sure that VP of Igo and Mafia boss are members of Neo, not Bishokukai.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now that I look carefully, you put "lesbian trio" which is the princess trio, with the description of the "lesbian duo". What! So for the duo:

I can't remember these minor faces!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can't understand the difference between reading to get sexual pleasure and reading because you find the whole premise funny in its absurdity?

It isn't funny and the fanservice is creepy. There are a lot of things in this world that don't in fact qualify for humor. Naked 11 year old girls presented without any ironic intent is one of them.

bigkrev

It isn't funny and the fanservice is creepy. There are a lot of things in this world that don't in fact qualify for humor. Naked 11 year old girls presented without any ironic intent is one of them.

Just curious, do you have an opinion on the (non-Hairspray) work of John Waters?

To Love-Ru 1-5

I didn't know this was a Jump series. Is that going to limit how interesting it gets? Seems like typical shounen so far.

To Love-Ru 1-5

I didn't know this was a Jump series. Is that going to limit how interesting it gets? Seems like typical shounen so far.

IIRC yea but he apparently pushed it as far as he could to that limit (the volume releases made the girls have nipples I believe).

TLR:Darkness was moved to a different version of jump with much more lax rules so he gets more rope to play with

This is the same my rankings.
You have good taste sir

You don't need to read the original TLR, the main chars out of it ( Haruna and Lala) aren't really appearing much in the Darkness series, nobody knows why.

That's because their "story" is done. Lala already has Rito's love confession, Haruna is still the one he likes, and both (more so than the other girls) are basically waiting for the eventual harem marriage.

Glass Rebel

eShop is your hero. I only have 6 and half hours + download time to wait!

Retcon: You know those are 15 year old nipples, right?

I don't like buying digitally on consoles, just can't for anything that's over 20€. :(

Also she's an ancient dragon... wait, you aren't talking about FE.

Wiseblade

Why do you buy things on the eshop without Nintendo having a proper account system? You are just screwing yourself in case your system break.

1) I've never had a nintendo device break on me, neither has anyone I know.
2) Even if something were to happen, I could send in to get repaired and retain everything.
3) I've lost too many games over the years trying to carry around multiple cartridges with me. I'd much rather bank it all on one thing than might break compared to things I definitely have lost.

survivor

Banned
Coelacanth vol 1-2 End
coelacanth_v01__covernoyix.jpg
coelacanth_v02__cover1xys8.jpg

Talking sheep, romance between the main girl and a guy who wants to kill her, and crime mystery everywhere. It was neat to see a shoujo manga without a strong focus on romance and it satisfied my itch for a crime drama story. It's not a detective story in the traditional sense since the manga follows bunch of high school students, but it was interesting enough to make stick with it. The art was also surprisingly clear and well defined for a shoujo manga. Non of the silly weird panelling or non-existent backgrounds. It's disappointing to see that the artist hasn't done any long shoujo manga.

The murder case didn't really have any crazy or elaborate plans, but rather it was very simple. The main problem about the case is that you had to connect all the dots and see how all the different characters related to each to figure out who is behind everything. So there is no Detective Conan type of mystery where the murder plan is so convoluted and silly.

bigkrev

1) I've never had a nintendo device break on me, neither has anyone I know.
2) Even if something were to happen, I could send in to get repaired and retain everything.
3) I've lost too many games over the years trying to carry around multiple cartridges with me. I'd much rather bank it all on one thing than might break compared to things I definitely have lost.

Missing 4)Nintendo under shipped the game at release, so if you wanted it the first few days/week, eShop was your best option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom