• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Medaka Box end

It MIGHT be an analogy to graduating from being kids (and having make-believe superpowers) and then growing up and coming to terms with reality.
Then again some people kept their powers, not sure what that means tho.
It was sorta implied like they will lose their powers too, just later than everyone else.

To think Nisio put that kind of ending in Jump of all places haha (or rather, he probably did it BECAUSE it was a Jump manga. it's too deep). That guy just can't calm down, seriously!

I love you Nisio, please write more manga.

Medaka Box end

It was sorta implied like they will lose their powers too, just later than everyone else.

To think Nisio put that kind of ending in Jump of all places haha (or rather, he probably did it BECAUSE it was a Jump manga. it's too deep). That guy just can't calm down, seriously!

I love you Nisio, please write more manga.

Agreed, I loved how he played around with shounen tropes for the entirety of the series, can't wait for his next work :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was confused for awhile because the manga was titled Nobunanga no chef till they corrected it, so I wasn't sure if they were using some weird alternate spelling, or if I got it wrong this whole time, or if they were wrong. :p

Karate Minoru 203

I would want to have a grandpa that plays ninja with me.

Shibatora 120

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOO

Not this please ;___________;

Shokugeki no Soma 21

What an asshole that alumni is. Souma is such a boss.

You know looking back at the Medaka Box ending when Zenkichi and Medaka both challenged each other to a fight to marry each other. I really wonder if it was code to screw like rabbits in the office lol.

Maybe I've been reading too much smut but knowing what type of author Nisio was before, I wouldn't be surprised.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

I did say that I wouldn't like it if she relied on Soma for this, but I didn't consider that it would happen like... that. I'm totally cool with this (I mean, Tadokoro really did pass by herself, who saw that coming?), and that guy's a jerk. Also that felt really satisfying, the faces for the last 5 or so pages were intense.

Another? She was already girl 2 after the tsundere
Yeah she was already solid around when she nonchalantly became the first person to adapt to Soma's eccentricities and follow him around.

survivor

Banned
Ooku vol 7
http://i.picpar.com/Qho.jpeg[img]

Damn this series, it's so good but also so heart-wrenching. I keep seeing good people meet shit ends and this time it happened to Ejima and Shingoro, all over political power wars.

Ejima acted like a damn godly honorable and respectful man until the end. He was so right that the only reason he fell in the trap was because his men and Gekkoin decided to let him spend a bit more time in the theater with Shingoro and Ejima being Ejima, all he did with Shingoro was talk. Even after being exiled he kept being such a person. Inspiring.
I felt especially bad for Shingoro, her acting career destroyed and forced to give a false testimony against Ejima under torture. It felt bad also because I liked Yoshimune when she was introduced, before this long flashback started, but now, after seeing this development, after seeing the people sacrificed to get her to become Shogun, I just... can't like her as much as before anymore.[/QUOTE]
So I take it this is much better than Antique Bakery? I really didn't like the way she wrote her characters in that manga, they felt so lifeless.

Lirlond

Kaiji: Kazuyahen

Why am I so enthralled by someone pressing a button? It just calls out to me. I need to know if number 2 pressed his in time or not. I NEED TO KNOW.

survivor

Banned
Food Smut

Decent chapter, looking forward to the battle. I doubt Souma will lose heh

In other news there's an interview with Kengo Hanazawa, author of I Am a Hero, here :
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2014/04/23/Rencontre-avec-Kengo-Hanazawa
I can translate some of his answers/the entire thing if people are interested in it.

Were they asking him if he was influenced by the Walking Dead or something? Come on, Kengo Hanazawa isn't a hack like Kirkman.

Can you translate the last question, please?

Kurita

There you go (might be some awkward translations but I hope it's good enough) :

Q: The mangaka Inio Asano drew an alternate cover for the 10th volume of I Am A Hero. He's an author sharing themes with you, such as characters who are at a complete lost in a stifling society... Is he a mangaka you have an affinity with?

A: We are close enough for him to draw an alternate cover of my manga. As we share the same view of the society, we tend to compete with each other : I kind of consider him as a rival, and he thinks he's above me (laughs).

He also says that he tries to avoid referencing movies as he feels that it wouldn't be his own manga... He also didn't know about Walking Dead before starting his manga.

Solune

Don't push me

I will make a waifu tier list

Sully is great, man. Though the name is unfortunate because it makes me think of Sully from Uncharted.
  • High Tier
    Cherche
    Cordelia
    Tiki
    Anna
    Tharja
    Olivia
  • Mid Tier
    Lissa
    Maribelle
    Panne
    Miriel
    Say'ri
  • Low Tier
    Sully
    Nowi
    Sumia

the breaker new waves -

Still owning.

At this point the only thing that could make me happier is if the mainguy dumped Jini and all those other hoes and settled down with the true waifu, Sera.
See, you guys could learn from Dresden.
Unless it's a TWGOK waifu war, because that gets messy. Soooo many wrong opinions, it's crazy.

I'm pretty sure most people know Haqua owns.

The way Stella deals with her brother when she gets off his shackles is so fucking dumb. Not to mention that they killed the best character. I can´t remember her name but she was number one in ranks.

You mean the one that barely did anything up until she died?
Yeah, they spoke about that girl like she was the shit, and when she finally started to do awesome stuff, she died. Oh well.

upandaway

For real how can so many people be so wrong. Tenri/Diana > all

obviously.
Well there we go. You guys do this to brot every time he mentions it! I don't even know how he can keep taking it again and again.

Now, I know, it's not so bad.. yet. But when those pictures start getting posted, that's where I really feel bad (and they always do).

Naito

The Breaker: New Waves 114

Ok. Hopefully this island mini-arc will end soon.

the breaker new waves -

Still owning.

At this point the only thing that could make me happier is if the mainguy dumped Jini and all those other hoes and settled down with the true waifu, Sera.

#TeamSera

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well there we go. You guys do this to brot every time he mentions it! I don't even know how he can keep taking it again and again.

Now, I know, it's not so bad.. yet. But when those pictures start getting posted, that's where I really feel bad (and they always do).

What pictures? You mean the pics of AG and the Sause?

survivor

Banned
Ok, gotta stop hunting for Swimming Anime gifs, back to manga.

There you go (might be some awkward translations but I hope it's good enough) :

Q: The mangaka Inio Asano drew an alternate cover for the 10th volume of I Am A Hero. He's an author sharing themes with you, such as characters who are at a complete lost in a stifling society... Is he a mangaka you have an affinity with?

A: We are close enough for him to draw an alternate cover of my manga. As we share the same view of the society, we tend to compete with each other : I kind of consider him as a rival, and he thinks he's above me (laughs).

He also says that he tries to avoid referencing movies as he feels that it wouldn't be his own manga... He also didn't know about Walking Dead before starting his manga.
Thanks for the translations.

I always knew Hanazawa and Asano were bros after seeing this pic of them posted a while back.

Ratrat

Hello. Was wondering if anyone could help with a manga recommendation. I'm looking for something short. Like Nausicaa length-wise. Don't care about the genre but id like a good story with amazing art. Currently reading Shingeki no Kyojin and some Tezuka stuff.

survivor

Banned
Hello. Was wondering if anyone could help with a manga recommendation. I'm looking for something short. Like Nausicaa length-wise. Don't care about the genre but id like a good story with amazing art. Currently reading Shingeki no Kyojin and some Tezuka stuff.
7 Billion Needles
Baka and Gogh
Getenrou
Gogo Monster
Hanaotoko
Hanashippanashi
Harukana Machi-E
Kaikisen - Return to the Sea (this one is by Satoshi Kon, might interest you)
Music of Marie
National Quiz
Nijigahara Holograph
Ping Pong
Planetes
Pluto
Ressentiment
Sakuran
Seizon -LifE-
Solanin
Takemitsu Zamurai
Witches

I tried to limit everything to manga with 8 volumes or less. There are some other quality manga that I avoided (Helter Skelter, River's Edge) cause you might not end up liking the art, but if you don't mind the art, then give them a try cause they are good.

Also if you like Tezuka stuff then check out the short story collections by Yoshihiro Tatsumi like Abandon the Old in Tokyo, Good-Bye, and The Pushman and Other Stories. They are all very good and he has the same old school art as Tezuka.

Ratrat

7 Billion Needles
Baka and Gogh
Getenrou
Gogo Monster
Hanaotoko
Hanashippanashi
Harukana Machi-E
Kaikisen - Return to the Sea (this one is by Satoshi Kon, might interest you)
Music of Marie
National Quiz
Nijigahara Holograph
Ping Pong
Planetes
Pluto
Ressentiment
Sakuran
Seizon -LifE-
Solanin
Takemitsu Zamurai
Witches

I tried to limit everything to manga with 8 volumes or less. There are some other quality manga that I avoided (Helter Skelter, River's Edge) cause you might not end up liking the art, but if you don't mind the art, then give them a try cause they are good.

Also if you like Tezuka stuff then check out the short story collections by Yoshihiro Tatsumi like Abandon the Old in Tokyo, Good-Bye, and The Pushman and Other Stories. They are all very good and he has the same old school art as Tezuka.
For some reason I thought Pluto was longer. I didn't know Satoshi Kon did manga, I love his movies so I'll definitely check that out. Thanks.

Food Smut

At first I groaned at Souma doing the exact thing I didn't want to see in the spoiler someone posted but i'll make an exception since this dude is a grade A asshole.

If this goes through and Souma wins this, the entire status quo will be slightly fucked (until the author reveals that the elite ten aka Erina and Isshiki can also beat the pants of some of these alumini lol)

Jintor

Sasameki Koto 52 -END-

Awwwww... I always feel kinda empty when a series ends. this was a great story, although it kind of ran out of steam near the end. Farewell, like the only long running Yuri manga I knew. May everything be happy forever.

buy it I'd it ever came out in print in English. You hear me Seven Seas?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

This would be better if Tadokoro was the main character and she just wandered around getting through her trials and tribulations by being moe as fuck.

Its just going to be annoying if Soma wins again.

Kurita

Koro-sensei took over Kana's website.
P3nUpx7.png

Great way to start promoting the series.

survivor

Banned
Moteki 9

I think I forgot to read a chapter or two cause I don't remember any of these characters. Fuck, I don't feel like rereading the series everytime a new chapter comes out.

---

Finished season 3 of Parks and Recs. I knew episode 16 felt like a season finale, but it was too early. Now that I'm looking at Wiki I'm not seeing any reason why it ended so early and didn't get the full 22 episodes season.

Kurita

Finished season 3 of Parks and Recs. I knew episode 16 felt like a season finale, but it was too early. Now that I'm looking at Wiki I'm not seeing any reason why it ended so early and didn't get the full 22 episodes season.

Wasn't it because Poehler was pregnant?
Could be wrong.

Tokage no Ou 12

Still in the goddamn prologue. Girl is still clearly nuts but her whole "just as planned" reveal made her more of a magnificent bitch than ever.

Can't say I dislike her though, especially if she goes yandere and decides to eliminate anyone trying to get close to the MC.

Wiseblade

List of WRONG

I warned you!

Actually, you know what? I'm too tired and haven't got the motivation. Just imagine I made a comprehensive list with Sully at the top and Cordelia and Sumia at the bottom.

But instead, what I really want to do now is make a list pairing ManGAF regulars with an appropriate FE:A Waifu.

Kurita

I warned you!

Actually, you know what? I'm too tired and haven't got the motivation. Just imagine I made a comprehensive list with Sully at the top and Cordelia and Sumia at the bottom.

But instead, what I really want to do now is make a list pairing ManGAF regulars with an appropriate FE:A Waifu.

Do it do it do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom