• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Arrested Development GAF Pilgrimage: Recharging your chi one episode at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are, May 1st. Month of reckoning folks! But we still have some ways to go yet.

Today's episode: "Sad Sack"

CD81bhR.png

Synopsis - George Sr. fears he's losing Lucille to Oscar; G.O.B. motivates Buster for the Army; Lindsay spends more time with Maeby to get closer to Steve Holt; Tobias starts working out. Michael is confronted by prosecutors with serious evidence

I can't even look at the name of this ep without grinning like an idiot.

As an aside, I'm considering doing a similar day-by-day marathon for the last season of Breaking Bad. This thread seems to have gone over fairly well. My only concern is that with BB being a far more serialized show it's way harder to go through or talk about without spoilers, so it may just end up being a simple RTTP marathon.

Barry is such a strange strange character. :lol

As an aside, I'm considering doing a similar day-by-day marathon for the last season of Breaking Bad. This thread seems to have gone over fairly well. My only concern is that with BB being a far more serialized show it's way harder to go through or talk about without spoilers, so it may just end up being a simple RTTP marathon.

I'm so down for this too.

I liked Ann's photo with the caption "Not Pictured," and her nickname shown as "Egg." The whole yearbook is full of great details like how the first Steve Holt quote is “outta here!” then in his third year it becomes “Study hard, guys."
Barry shows how great a lawyer he is: Can I have a moment alone with my client, please? (to Michael) Did you follow any of that? And Lindsay's raspy voice is hilarious:
Lindsay: (regarding Tobias and their open marriage) I wonder how many women he's slept with, if any.
Michael: Lindsay, it's not a competition.
Lindsay: Of course it is, Michael. That's why they call it 'scoring'.
Michael: Maybe in the '70s.
Lindsay: That many? We've only been doing this for a month.

Today's episode: "Afternoon Delight"

Synopsis - G.O.B. stages mass firings after being inadvertently roasted at the Bluth Company Christmas party. Plus, Michael is forced to rebuild the Banana Stand, and Buster plays hooky from the Army at an arcade game.

This is one of the best episodes of the show. I loved Yam's creepy Christmas party, G.O.B.´s speech, Lucille´s lessons and the Afternoon Delight moments. Every single moment in this episode is hilarious.
Maeby: What? So, I'm not invited to the Bluth Company Christmas party?
Lindsay: Oh, honey, of course you can go if you want to.
Maeby: Thanks, Mom.
Lindsay: No, you're not going to that. You see, if I show up with you, it'll just make me seem like I'm a mother.
Maeby: I've never thought of you that way.

Maeby: My mom signed me out of school early, so then she wouldn't have to pick me up later, so then she wouldn't be late for the Christmas party.
Michael: That's about the worst thing I've ever heard.
Maeby: I had to drive because she had a little bit of a buzz on.
Michael: No, that's it.

Lucille: (holding her rape horn in one hand and a fireplace poker in the other) But I have a surprise for whoever it is if he comes back. First I blow him, then I poke him.
Michael: Guy has no idea what he's in for.

Buster: (holding stuffed animals) These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing. Now if you'll excuse me, they're putting me in something called Hero Squad.

Lucille: Michael, a mother doesn't have a child to give herself company. Annyong was to teach Buster a lesson.
Michael: And where is that little lesson?
Lucille: I sent him to the Milford Academy to teach him a lesson. I can't remember about what.

(Gob's big sexual harrassment speech)
Gob: And please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of inter-office *BLEEP*ing, or *BLEEP*ing, or finger-*BLEEP*ing, or *BLEEP*ing or *BLEEP*ing, or even *BLEEP*, even though so many people in this office are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I'll take off my pants, I'll shave my *BLEEP*, and I'll personally *BLEEP*.

Lindsay: What happened to you?
Tobias: (with a bandage wrap on his head) What? Oh, oh! My ears. The doctor said I can't go to sleep for five hours, or I might die or something. (to George Michael) Oh! I got blown! So, I can't sleep!
xQRjp2P.gif

Synopsis - G.O.B. stages mass firings after being inadvertently roasted at the Bluth Company Christmas party. Plus, Michael is forced to rebuild the Banana Stand, and Buster plays hooky from the Army at an arcade game.

Sure, the guy making the 1500 word OP is gonna sit down and let somebody else make the daily episode update? COME ON

Thanks for the post though. I slept like a rock last night, having been up the previous 48 straight hours finishing a thesis, and I forgot to update the thread in the meantime.

As for this episode, new and old viewers alike, pay attention to the writing on the banana stand when it first gets lifted out of the bay in this episode.

Also favorite bit from the whole episode is between Lucille and Michael. "There was a colored man in my house last night!" "A colored man? What color was he?" "Blue!"

Sure, the guy making the 1500 word OP is gonna sit down and let somebody else make the daily episode update? COME ON

Thanks for the post though. I slept like a rock last night, having been up the previous 48 straight hours finishing a thesis, and I forgot to update the thread in the meantime.
I could never replace you because you're a better poster. You always do things for others. And you're the only one holding this family together.

Iceman

dang, nice. On the show Ron Howard says that Buster got "hooked" on the crane game at the arcade.

That could be good for ARMY. (kills me every time)

Another amazing episode and one of the best of the series. Non-stop laughs when I first saw this episode.

"Maybe i'll put it in her brownie."

Also the inspiration for the title of this thread, coincidentally

Today's episode: "Switch Hitter"

VID8tKi.png

Synopsis - The Bluth's rival development company hires G.O.B., who finds the company president a father figure, in preparation for the Bluth-Sitwell softball game; Lindsay hallucinates from taking anti-depressants.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
regional workarounds

www.playmo.tv

worked flawlessly for me for around a year(ish) 4.99 USD per month, paypal payments. DNS service NOT VPN.

I loved how Maeby cons her way into being a movie executive and how touching any part of the model home results in something falling off. It was also a nice detail to have a Homeless Dad banner in that studio.
I also liked the creepy Buster/Lucille photograph in the magazine along with the “Why I Want To Marry My Mother” article. And here are some of my favorite lines from the episode:
George Michael: Wow, you're president again?
Michael: Yes, this is the way it should be. What do you think of when you hear the words "Sudden Valley?"
George Michael: Salad dressing, I think. For some reason, I don't want to eat it.
Michael: Right, but "Paradise Gardens?"
George Michael: Yeah, I could see marinating a chicken.

Lucille: Give me a vodka rocks.
Michael: Mom, it's breakfast.
Lucille: And a piece of toast.

Michael: Let's make Ann the back up. Ok? Very good way to think of her as a back up.
George Michael: She's gonna be so excited.
Michael: Good.

Today's episode: "Queen for a Day"

aCvHxJL.png

Synopsis - Michael sells a portion of his stock in the Bluth Company to buy a car, and Lucille 2 returns, only to discover that Buster is dating the company secretary Starla.

Is this the
"I'll be your wingman. Even if it means taking a chubby, I will suck it up."
one?

One and the same.

The StandPoor/Sitwell/Austero joke triangle is just a stroke of unfathomable genius. I only wish they had let that one stew for a little while before explaining it outright.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
One and the same.

The StandPoor/Sitwell/Austero joke triangle is just a stroke of unfathomable genius. I only wish they had let that one stew for a little while before explaining it outright.
How does Austero play into the joke?

Are there any more double headers coming up?

I love Lucille 2's vertigo:
tk66sCY.gif

And how Lucille thinks she is "plotting her revenge" for what she did to her kitchen. Here are some other great lines from the episode:
Gob: So, get this. I took (Sitwell's) dress eyebrows.
Michael: He's not gonna be happy about that.
Gob: No. Especially when he goes to the opera with two mustaches on his forehead.

Buster: Mom's becoming a little controlling.
Michael: What tipped you off? When she locked you out on the balcony again?
Buster: That was half my fault. I thought I saw a graham cracker out there.
Michael: [to Lucille]You baited the balcony?
Lucille: Prove it.

:lol that lucille gif is great.

I could not resist jiffing this from Switch Hitter still gets me everytime.
gif34vben_bf32_8zzfd9.gif

*I ridiculously compressed cause it was too big btw.
David Cross deserves something for doing his own stunts in this series.

Gob's dialogue is so funny in that episode.
Gob: One of this guy's eyebrows just fell in the bowl of candy beans.
Sitwell: I always carry a spare.
Gob: Well I hope you also carry a spare bowl of candy beans!​

How the hell did I miss this thread...

I love Lucille 2's vertigo:
tk66sCY.gif

And how Lucille thinks she is "plotting her revenge" for what she did to her kitchen. Here are some other great lines from the episode:
Gob: So, get this. I took (Sitwell's) dress eyebrows.
Michael: He's not gonna be happy about that.
Gob: No. Especially when he goes to the opera with two mustaches on his forehead.

Buster: Mom's becoming a little controlling.
Michael: What tipped you off? When she locked you out on the balcony again?
Buster: That was half my fault. I thought I saw a graham cracker out there.
Michael: [to Lucille]You baited the balcony?
Lucille: Prove it.

Love her Vertigo scenes, especially Season 2. haha.

Hunka hunka hunka hunka

Today's episode: "Burning Love"

TAzyKwC.png

Synopsis - Michael reunites with his long, lost love Sally Sitwell, but faces interference from parents; meanwhile, the two Lucilles need someone to bid on them at the bachelorette auction with Buster already in a relationship.

I love this moment:
Lindsay: I have the afternoon free.
Lucille: Really? Did 'nothing' cancel?
And I like how Tobias says to Michael "I need to prove to [Lindsay] that I'm not just a man, but a man's man." and that he literally goes hunting for his wife.
Lindsay: I'm going to see if I can get a wrench to strip my nuts. I, uh, tried to be sexy. It just... got away from me.​

Rather divisive but still solid episode up today

Today's episode: "Ready, Aim, Marry Me"

w26EfFt.png

Synopsis - With the company in dire financial straits and the Bluths no longer the primary shareholders, Michael must turn to old family friend "Uncle" Jack Dorso for financial assistance. Uncle Jack, however, wants something in return.

"The bridge mix, the BRIDGE mix, FOOOL"

By far the worst episode of the series. Not even close.

Straight-up cutting out any scene where Martin Short is on screen would make the episode a million times better.

Socreges

Banned
I wish Martin Short was less slapstick, but he still has amazing comedic timing and that comes through in this episode. Still a great episode and I think people treat it unfairly because Short definitely doesn't fit in very well.

Apparently I've forgotten how to write. This post can't be easy to read. Time for bed.

Ostinatto

Rather divisive but still solid episode up today

Today's episode: "Ready, Aim, Marry Me"

Synopsis - With the company in dire financial straits and the Bluths no longer the primary shareholders, Michael must turn to old family friend "Uncle" Jack Dorso for financial assistance. Uncle Jack, however, wants something in return.

"The bridge mix, the BRIDGE mix, FOOOL"

ib2rsf5tMSmeWS.gif

poor guy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom