• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
6qLSgqa.jpg

VsLKCBl.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ws5pimN4mw

Gestault

This is GT5 raw. It swaps a lot of things. You cant even see the final result before the final rendering image.

6qLSgqa.jpg

VsLKCBl.jpg

I'm happy to see someone call this out. The game is gorgeous, but the shadows, aliasing, low-res reflections, and cross-stitch transparencies are so obvious it's a little distracting. Photos and replays? Compleeetely different matter.

Reiko

Banned
All we need is one pic from either GT6 or Forza 5 for this thread to explode.

Then we can stop talking about last gen effects.

22821rrcbh.jpg

DriveClub looks good... But the preview didn't blow my mind like GT or Forza reveals.

Majanew

Banned
All we need is one pic from either GT6 or Forza 5 for this thread to explode.

Then we can stop talking about last gen effects.

22821rrcbh.jpg

DriveClub looks good... But the preview didn't blow my mind like GT or Forza reveals.

Gonna be bad if GT6 is PS3 only and FM5 is next-gen. Heaven help T10 if GT6 PS3 looks better. LOL

Wow... this topic went full retarded, better bail while i can play both games with nitpicking about them.

I have a question: does anyone love BOTH series like me? im a MS-Sony, Forza-GT guy.

That... lighting? and artifacting shadows everywhere

Forza_001.bmp.jpg

169_forza_4_gameplay_zonda_r_catalunya_092111.png

Dem... shadows? in the AI car

360_004.bmp.jpg

Dat JPG compression awww yisss

Forza2.png

Now a beatiful LFA picture to heal your eyes, don't worry.

8704954285_17549ceeb1_b.jpg

:D

A shame there aren't more direct feed images of Forza 4 around though.

tranciful

I wonder if GT6 will have proper 3D trees.

I wonder if FM5 will have proper dynamic lighting and weather, not be gimped on the number of cars in races, and have respectable car shaders. But go ahead and worry about the trees having a few dozen polygons if that does it for you. GT5 trees look better anyway.

Majanew

Banned
Fair comparison? I know the IQ changes depending on game modes and settings (for both games) and GT5 may have been improved with updates, not sure what these are.

I can't take anybody seriously who suggests Forza has a visual edge on GT5.

Depends. FM4 is more consistent in visuals. When GT5 looks bad, it looks really bad. Plus, the last time I played GT5 (late 2011) it had a chugging framerate and screen-tearing, which really hurt the look for me. In photomode pics, GT5 stomps all over it.

Top Bottom