• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Emma vol 7 End?
qmR1iPx.jpg

These double pages are awesome. The art really improved a lot and Mori started giving more details to the clothes and backgrounds. Next manga Mori draws should be fashion based somehow.

Last volume pretty much wrapped up the story neatly. And I think the main story did end? There are 3 other volumes but they supposedly cover bunch of random daily events of the other characters, but I think they will show what happened afterwards to Emma, Eleanor, and so on. Oh and there was some glorious Adele fanservice. Funny how Hakim was missing the entire time, but the last volume him and his harem were everywhere. I do hope we get a story of how he became friends with William.
I almost like those 3 volumes more than the actual story because most of the oneshots are awesome and would have enhance the main story greatly (yes, there is a flashback about how William and Hakim became friends). And because of the excellent epilogue which kinda made up for the rushed first ending.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I find it mildly annoying when a person decides to post a "review" of a brand new chapter that is just a straight up plot summary of what happened, but not enough to worry about changing the system. I'm probably guilty of it myself.

Dresden

This is a super simplistic argument that doesn't really say anything about Shingeki. The author deserves a certain number of chapters to establish the story in whatever way he sees fit. Saying that he should have told you from the beginning that people were titans is straight up whining.

E: It's even more silly when you add in the fact that since this "bait-n-switch" occurs so early, people were at liberty to stop reading it, but then didn't.

The "bait-n-switch" isn't the problem, it's where it has led to.

I have no problems with the way SnK begins--in media res and all that. But it's getting to some silly levels now.

Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend 3
tumblr_mmg0os9Xan1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Thank goodness the plot with that random girl wanting to go out with Haga is done. She's atrocious. Skinship moments were great and my favorite ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump *blush* scene. Going to be an awkward day at work the next day, though Im glad theyve finally shared feelings. Four please have action.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The "bait-n-switch" isn't the problem, it's where it has led to.

I have no problems with the way SnK begins--in media res and all that. But it's getting to some silly levels now.

I don't get what you're even referring to. I never apparently reached or noticed the shark jumping moment everyone keeps alluding to.

KPU2e0Y.png

Love is like a hurricane

Kuroko no Basket 211

Well now since Akashi's officially made captain and Haizaki's gone, the flashback can concentrate on showing what happened between everyone during the tournament (besides winning).

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo 19

Disappointed that they're already copying the anime by explaining Koikawa's backstory.

They are. You're fucking annoying with this shit.

Mikasa wakes up hours after the battle ended. Eren lost and was taken away (along with Ymir). Hanji comes up with a good theory as to where the spies are headed.
Yes he is annoying. He posted several fake spoilers many times before.

dorohedoro-swallow.png

Picked up the first volume of Dorohedoro on whim...read it, and it's like a check-list of all of my interests rolled into one:
  • Dark magic
  • Post-apocalyptic aesthetic
  • Dystopian
  • Reptilian protagonist (the only one in manga?)
  • Moral ambiguity
  • Detailed, gritty artwork
Really liked it. I feel like it has a lot of heart and the setting has a lot of potential. Any other fans of this book? Does it hold its charm throughout its later volumes? Thanks.

dorohedoro-swallow.png

Picked up the first volume of Dorohedoro on whim...read it, and it's like a check-list of all of my interests rolled into one:
  • Dark magic
  • Dystopian
  • Moral ambiguity
Really liked it. I feel like it has a lot of heart and the setting has a lot of potential. Any other fans of this book? Does it hold its charm throughout its later volumes? Thanks.

YES. YES.

Lain

March Comes In Like A Lion volume 7
Y6o.jpeg

Some chapters in this volume didn't feel as interesting for me, while others were simply awesome, be it because of the cuteness level (of the Kawamoto sisters) or because of the story development.

Seeing Hinata
being able to smile again thanks to Rei's support (though he doesn't understand how important and helpful he's been to her after this whole bullying part)
is really heartwarming. What happened with the teacher makes me re-evaluate her and I actually feel bad about her
breaking down as stress piled over but it helped introduce that other teacher which acted in pretty cool manner and I loved how he told that bitch of a mother.

The comedic parts of the story are as usual pretty good and funny, as they should be, like making fun of
Shimada's sick face and that older dude with a shitty poster for their match, while the one between soya and Rei, which is simply an event, made all cool and pretty because the two have nice faces that will make people come watch and bring in the sponsors.
I expect Rei to get schooled in his match, but it's going to be nice seeing what he learns from it.

Jintor

Gokicha!! 1-20

this is p. much the moest thing ever. i hope part timer will one day recognise gokicha's help and finally get along with her. 11/10

This is too fucking cute for something I viciously murder every time one scuttles across my kitchen floor

Stinky

That non-Japanese comics thread in OT has me itchin to read more non-manga. Looking into Moebius, I've heard of him before but I've never seen just how amazing his art is. For me a lot of colour comics (which is like ~70% of non-manga) look kinda crappy.

^Looks pretty damn swell. Something about those colour schemes.

Still don't feel interested at all in superhero comics.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok I'm going insane, how can this be possible. We have OP spoiler for how many hours now? About a day? And no chapter? This is unusual

That non-Japanese comics thread in OT has me itchin to read more non-manga. Looking into Moebius, I've heard of him before but I've never seen just how amazing his art is. For me a lot of colour comics (which is like ~70% of non-manga) look kinda crappy.

Sandman? Hawkguy?

Wow, that does look great. I don't have a list for comics that aren't manga, but if I had one, it would come right after Sandman and before Hawkeye (Bro), only based on the art itself. That's pretty much where my not-list of comics ends.

Lain

Giant Killing volume 7
m7o.jpeg

I'm still liking this a lot, thanks to the dynamics, the humour, the expressiveness of the art style and the type of story being told, but something is getting old, and that is the "incompetence" of the ETU players.
I appreciate how they are shown as a weak team that has certain possibilities and how the players have to become tougher, train more, gain confidence etc but every time it feels like a build up to failure.

flawfuls

Moebius did a manga once with Jiro Tanaguchi called Icaro. It wasn't very good though. I have no idea why they would get Jiro Tanaguchi to do the art and Moebius to do the story instead of the other way around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits 77

Holy shit, I believe in you kid! You can do it Minamoto! You can do it all night long!

Hawkeye, Saga, Snyder's Batman. Start there.

survivor

Banned
Aoi Hana is ending. Time to pick it up again I guess.

I read bunch of Batman standalone comics and bunch of the Marvel ones long time ago, and they were all forgettable. Too much writing, bad action scenes. Y the Last Man wasn't that interesting, Walking Dead made me hate life and despise zombies genre. Though lately I have been using this blog to find bunch of non-superhero comics to read. There have been some pretty good finds so far so you might end up liking something there.

dorohedoro-swallow.png

• Dark magic
  • Dystopian
  • Moral ambiguity

Good choice imo.

And damn I think i'm behind by a volume or 2 now.

7Th

Moebius did a manga once with Jiro Tanaguchi called Icaro. It wasn't very good though. I have no idea why they would get Jiro Tanaguchi to do the art and Moebius to do the story instead of the other way around.

That does sound like the worst plan ever.

Aoi Hana is ending. Time to pick it up again I guess.

I read bunch of Batman standalone comics and bunch of the Marvel ones long time ago, and they were all forgettable. Too much writing, bad action scenes. Y the Last Man wasn't that interesting, Walking Dead made me hate life and despise zombies genre. Though lately I have been using this blog to find bunch of non-superhero comics to read. There have been some pretty good finds so far so you might end up liking something there.

I so read that as "Aunt's Tits is ending" and I began to freak out D:

Aunts Tits 77

I believe in you Minamoto! You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom