• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Even in game-land, this thread's regulars make the best posts

every time I see one of you guys out there I feel all fuzzy, but be safe we don't want any incidents

Can't wait to see the disaster when in a year from now all 3 consoles are doing piss poor WiiU numbers and everyone is freaking out. I dunno who they're selling these systems to with high prices and no games

Can't wait to see the disaster when in a year from now all 3 consoles are doing piss poor WiiU numbers and everyone is freaking out. I dunno who they're selling these systems to with high prices and no games

I don't see Sony or Microsoft doing Wii U numbers. The Wii U had many different problems that MS and Sony won't have.

I don't see Sony or Microsoft doing Wii U numbers. The Wii U had many different problems that MS and Sony won't have.

Instead they have a problem of being even more expensive and having most of their 3rd party support also on 360/PS3 meaning there's very little reason for the mass market to update especially if the graphics aren't that much better.

Instead they have a problem of being even more expensive and having most of their 3rd party support also on 360/PS3 meaning there's very little reason for the mass market to update especially if the graphics aren't that much better.

I agree on most things, but the systems are still going to have 3rd party support and I'd say Sony and Microsoft will to a better job at releasing new games in the first year.

Yea! Microsoft is going to have a whole OTHER set of even worse problems!

I can't wait to see them trying to damage control that PR disaster.

Stinky

Gaming is dead. I just want to play Gears of War and kill motherfuckers with my Gnasher.

Gnasher.jpg

?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I agree on most things, but the systems are still going to have 3rd party support and I'd say Sony and Microsoft will to a better job at releasing new games in the first year.

They're already trying. It's amazingly dumb, they act like we can't see through PR talk.

bigkrev

How the fuck is anyone in a dorm room or something supposed to use the new Xbox?

My best 360 memories were 3 am games of NBA 2k7 with random people who stumbled onto our floor drunk

Edit for Manga

One Piece vol 3-6

This is certainly an improvement over the first 2 volumes. The whole arc with Sanji and the Restaurant is col, and I'm guessing this ultra powered guy from the grand line is going to show up again down the road. While I still hate the art style, I'm at least beginning to see why people love this so much.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If I had to guess, I would venture a guess that it will track the last generation; slow uptake when prices are too high most upgrading gamers going for brand loyalty.

It's really relaxing to empty your head by reading some manga after a long day's of looking at MRIs and CT Scans -__-

Switch Girl 20
Wow the 2 main character actually like each other ? They've acknowledged their mutual feelings ? They kissed ?
But there's still a lot of chapters to go ?
My common sense's tingling, I predict a lot of...
24883097.jpg

If I had to guess, I would venture a guess that it will track the last generation; slow uptake when prices are too high most upgrading gamers going for brand loyalty.

Pricing will obviously be the key point. The Wii U for 349 was a huge joke. We had a listing on a Sony site that mentioned 399 EUR for the PS4, iirc. That would be pretty good for the basic model, maybe even without their new PSeye camera. But with MS packing a Kinect in every box, I'm really wondering how low they can go, now that they apparently canceled the subsidized SKU.

Kurita

Bartender
dti94bP.jpg

Well, it's exactly what the title says.
The MC is a skilled bartender, he does his best to serve drinks that will please his customers.
He always tries to come up with a unique drink fitting the personalities and backgrounds of the patrons, and he slowly become closer to them as they drink.
It definitely has a warm and cosy feeling, as the bar is a great and relaxing setting.
You could compare it to Shinya Shokudou where the cook knew everything about his clients thus could prepare the perfect dishes.
I also wish I could taste some of these cocktails... But I guess I'd get wasted pretty quickly.

Bartender
dti94bP.jpg

Well, it's exactly what the title says.
The MC is a skilled bartender, he does his best to serve drinks that will please his customers.
He always tries to come up with a unique drink fitting the personalities and backgrounds of the patrons, and he slowly become closer to them as they drink.
It definitely has a warm and cosy feeling, as the bar is a great and relaxing setting.
You could compare it to Shinya Shokudou where the cook knew everything about his clients thus could prepare the perfect dishes.
I also wish I could taste some of these cocktails... But I guess I'd get wasted pretty quickly.

I love Bartender ! But it's quite repetitive so it might be best to read it at a slow pace and small doses.
The fact that it regularly uses Chartreuse for cocktails greatly please me, and I already tested some of its cocktails :d

That conference made me realize how much I DESPISE PR talk.

Holy fuck, every time those guys talked it was like they were reading an Online Press Release Verbatim.

Kurita

I love Bartender ! But it's quite repetitive so it might be best to read it at a slow pace and small doses.
The fact that it regularly uses Chartreuse for cocktails greatly please me, and I already tested some of its cocktails :d

Oh yeah I won't marathon it. As you said it can be repetitive. But reading like 1 or 2 chapters every now and then is quite enjoyable.

The fee is the full price! =V

No, that's not the whole story. Something super fishy is going on between them and GameStop.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

And here's what the GameStop president had to say about it:
"All that Microsoft has said so far is that they've designed the Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," Bartel said. "That's what I'm going with at this point. I think there's additional details they're going to reveal later on."

"I think that if you look at [Sony and Microsoft], both of them have come out and said 'Hey, we're going to support the transfer of games in trade-in and resale,'" Bartel said. "I think that both of them see the value of that. They understand that consumers put a high value on the ability to transfer games and the ability to get that residual value out of games."

No, that's not the whole story. Something super fishy is going on between them and GameStop.

And here's what the GameStop president had to say about it:
GameStop president has just said that he is worried about this and has not heard anything about it. I can't find the link now, I am on my iPad and barely staying awake.

Seems like we both broke the record of the most posts in a single OT, that's something I guess.

Don't know if we should be proud of that though :lol

We really shouldn't or at least I won't do it again. Quality > Quantity. At least you read more random stuff, while I try to catch up with the more popular series, which is super boring for most people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom