• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you've always wanted to play...

mclem

hHN8pZ1.png

Myriadis

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Tales of Vesperia
Suikoden 2
Super Metroid

I played Super Metroid on an emulator on PC, but I want the real thing. Shame that it costs about 40€ used now. I could still buy a Wii and use the VC, since that is similar enough.

Empty

panzer dragoon saga (can't afford the investment)
phantom dust (never came out in europe, online features dead)
earthbound (never came out in europe, can't afford. very excited for vc release)
ninja five-o (rare and very expensive)
dragon quest vii (no european release, ps1 isn't region free. come on please localize the 3ds version)
chrono cross (same as above, come on please put it on psn)

Hypron

Resident Evil 4... Shame on me I know. The game is pretty expensive for something that old, and I missed the xbl sale that happened a while back :(

Panzer Dragoon Saga

I also really want to play Ninja Gaiden Black - loved NG2 but don't know if its really worth my time going back to the first one.

Cha

Journey.
I would have really liked to have experienced Journey.
Unfortunately, I don't own a PS3. If I want to get a PS3, I need to buy a TV too :p Friends within range have a PS3 aren't connected to the net. :(

Ultima_Online_cover.jpg

I have tons of games in my backlog, and tons more than I want to play but still haven't bought. Ultima Online is one that I can't go back to though. Yes, I think the game servers are still up, but I've heard that it's nothing like when it was first released. It's not just that it was the first major MMO, but that it had free for all pvp and interesting systems. I used to know a guy who would tell stories about getting into people's houses and stealing their stuff, killing a farmer who had pack-mules with him so you could take his stuff, etc. Whether I would have loved it or not, I wish I had experienced it. I would feel the same way about Dark Age of Camelot, had I not played it, because of how much people praise it for it's world vs world pvp.

I also should have played the Elder Scrolls and Baldur's Gate games back in the day. I tried, but my younger self didn't have the patience for them. (I was in my teens)

Most of the Dreamcast classics.

I had the system and the only game I've played on it was Crazy Taxi... yeah I know I've made a terrible mistake >.<

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I, too, would like to play Super Mario Land 4....Are you talking about Wario Land games?
Yes, that is my mistake. I've seen the box art a million times, I don't know why I assumed that they were part of the Land series.

Would also like to add Eternal Darkness to my list.

Wanted to see what the big deal was with Portal/Half-life - end up feeling sick after an hour or so (I think its something to do with the FOV)

GhaleonQ

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. :(

I was hoping for a fantranslation for years, but I've given up hope at this point.

I was sent a YouTube message last week noting their delays, and the beta is done. Item translations, MoonDisc Player functionality, and editing language on graphics files into English is all that's left.

I'm going to make a topic once I have time to fiddle with the beta!

At this point in my life, I really can't think of any game that I "REALLY" want to play that I haven't. I mean, if I really wanted to, I would have by now. I guess I'm kind of waiting on price drops for Metro Last Light and DmC.

monkey666

Banned
Planet Harriers. I love Space Harrier and games like it, but this never made it to an arcade near more or any console.

TCKaos

I used to have Ghost Babel for my GBC. I can confirm that it's awesome.

Also, I've always wanted to play the Star Wars Episode III game for XBOX/PS2/GCN. I played it a few times at a friend's house and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. It's a fighting game with lightsabers, man.

Skies of Arcadia them emulators run it with all kinds of texture artifacts and a pal copy is hard to come by without spending silly money :( hopefully at some stage I'll get the chance if Sega remaster it i hd.

GamerJM

Banned
Way too many of these.

Majora's Mask
The PS1 Final Fantasy games
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
The Gameboy Zeldas
Most later versions of Beatmania IIDX
Ever17

These are the big ones for me. I have a list of several hundred games that I don't feel like posting (yes, I'm serious).

EMT0

Banned
Chrono Trigger
A Link To The Past
Resident Evil 4
Yakuza
Shenmue
Super Metroid
God of War(all of them)
The entire strategy RPG genre

I feel like this list puts me on some sort of GAF hitlist.

The Elder Scrolls series for me. I just have an aversion for games that require me to log in an ungodly amount of hours in order to enjoy the game. Given that, I also do know that the writing isn't really all that great, and I don't want to log a huge amount of hours into a game that has characters and a story I won't remember once the generation ends.

I also have been meaning to purchase Fallout: New Vegas, but I haven't been able to get around to it. Same deal with the Scroll series, although this has to do with the fact that I think the next Fallout game will be more worth my time (thanks to superior NPC interaction, hopefully)

A bunch of jrpgs that were never brought over or translated.

Tengai Makyou IV is one that I actually had as a kid, but I could only get so far/enjoy it so much due to not knowing Japanese. I'd love it if someone would translate it.

I had been dying to play Policenauts ever since I saw it in some magazine back before it came out, but that was rectified a few years ago when the translation was finally released. I was not disappoint.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have tons of games in my backlog, and tons more than I want to play but still haven't bought. Ultima Online is one that I can't go back to though. Yes, I think the game servers are still up, but I've heard that it's nothing like when it was first released. It's not just that it was the first major MMO, but that it had free for all pvp and interesting systems.

FWIW, the nostalgia is strong with UO. The game was maddeningly buggy and broken for a long time, and being the hunted wasn't so much fun (especially if you died because of a lag spike or somesuch, or lost your possessions because of a bug in the lock, stuff like that was ridiculously common). I remember it started to come together after T2A but shortly thereafter Renaissance came out and changed it forever. Obviously some folks had fun with it but there's a good reason why EQ was more popular.

Jawmuncher

I'm going with stuff I've never bought.

Shenmue
Lifeline
Rule of Rose
Haunting Ground
(I had a list but I can't remember off the top of my head, its mainly a lot of classic and or older games though. A lot dealing in the horror genre. )

I never played much on PS1, now I want to play those praised JRPGs:
FFVII
FFVIII
Xenogears
Vagrant Story

Since I don't see myself playing those on PS3, I might get them once I get a Vita.

tearsofash

Thousand Arms
Infinite Space
Xenoblade
Sands of Destruction

I've never really played Halo or Call of Duty. I wonder if they are good.

GamerSciz

Too many to count but to name a few...

Shadow of the Colossus
Yakuza Series
Halo 3 and 4 (played the others)
Sleeping Dogs
Gran Turismo 5 (i have it but i really want to get a wheel to play it rather then using controller)
Infamous 2 (played and beat the 1st never got around to the 2nd)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edit: Just thought of a few more.

Demons Souls
Devil May Cry (the new one)
Dark Souls Series

Celegus

Fire Emblem anything. I absolutely love SRPGs and have no doubts that FE is right up my alley, but they're always so expensive...

I do plan on getting Awakenings sometime this year though.

LAMBO

My ps3 broke and i bought but never got to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Demon's Souls, and that cool looking Zelda knockoff who's name escapes me.

Tadale

Radiant Silvergun
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Gimmick!
Grandia series
Suikoden series
Ultima series
Planescape Torment
System Shock 2

I'd like to get deep enough into a Disgaea game to finish it.

Every new Super mario game since SMB3 for NES. yep, never really beat any of them. Can you get Super Mario World -> Future for a 3DS? Like classic remakes? I'd like to play them.

Manu

Metal Gear Solid series. The box set with all the games coming out later this year is the perfect chance to play them.

Hopefully I'll be done with Final Fantasy by then, it was my second biggest pending series and I'm currently playing 3 and 6, after beating 7, 8, 13 played half of 9 and 13-2.

The matrix online
Star wars galaxy before the shitty patch i read about

Morrowind and daggerfall, afraid the mechanics are too dated

Top Bottom