• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you've always wanted to play...

El Dorado Gate? Made by Capcom and with art by Yoshitaka Amano. Was supposed to be a total of 7 10-hour long RPGs... but I think they only got to 3 or 4?
Yep, that's it! I forgot about the Yoshitaka Amano part. Very cool. I looked it up, and it looks like they finished the series, but no translations yet. Bummer.

ranmafan

For me most of the games I've always wanted to play I haven't because of time limitations the last few years. For example.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - got a Japanese copy just waiting to be played.
Phantasy Star 1-4 - picked up the phantasy star collection recently on psn to help finally play this.
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete - again, lack of time has prevented me from playing this. I need to play it soon.
Snatcher - got a playstation copy of this. Wish though there was a psn version so I could play it on my vita, but sadly there is not. I wonder why.
El Dorados Gate - got almost the entire series last year in akihabara (somehow forgot to pick up the last game). On my to complete list
The two capcom dungeons and dragons arcade games - always held back on buying the Saturn versions because of price. Will finally get a chance to play in August when it's released on ps3 in Japan.
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past - sadly for some reason I've never owned this game. Will probably buy on the virtual console this year finally. Just wish there was a 3ds version I could play.
Mother 1,2,3 - just bought the whole set on gba. Hope to get through those after finishing shin megami tensei Iv right now.
Far East of Eden series - got a PSP collection of this a while back due to a friends recommendation. Looks fun for me.

And those are just the main ones. There are a ton of games in my collection I've gotten over the years I want to play more of but haven't. All I know is, I got plenty to keep me busy in my free time for many years to come!

For me most of the games I've always wanted to play I haven't because of time limitations the last few years. For example.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - got a Japanese copy just waiting to be played.
Phantasy Star 1-4 - picked up the phantasy star collection recently on psn to help finally play this.
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete - again, lack of time has prevented me from playing this. I need to play it soon.
Snatcher - got a playstation copy of this. Wish though there was a psn version so I could play it on my vita, but sadly there is not. I wonder why.
El Dorados Gate - got almost the entire series last year in akihabara (somehow forgot to pick up the last game). On my to complete list
The two capcom dungeons and dragons arcade games - always held back on buying the Saturn versions because of price. Will finally get a chance to play in August when it's released on ps3 in Japan.
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past - sadly for some reason I've never owned this game. Will probably buy on the virtual console this year finally. Just wish there was a 3ds version I could play.
Mother 1,2,3 - just bought the whole set on gba. Hope to get through those after finishing shin megami tensei Iv right now.
Far East of Eden series - got a PSP collection of this a while back due to a friends recommendation. Looks fun for me.

And those are just the main ones. There are a ton of games in my collection I've gotten over the years I want to play more of but haven't. All I know is, I got plenty to keep me busy in my free time for many years to come!
I'm guessing you read/speak Japanese? That's one thing that keeps me from playing a lot of games that I would like to, including a few from your list.

kirby_fox

Banned
I have a ton of games in the "Still need to buy one day" column. I seriously still have GBA games in that column...hot damn.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow of the Colossus, will get around to it once I'm back home and can rent it from the library.

Dota 2 - The learning process seems daunting at this time and with very few PC gaming friends to play with, none of which are Dota 2 players, I can't bring myself to try it. It looks very interesting though.

EVE Online - Again, it looks super interesting but the investment to get up to speed is tough to wrap my mind around.

Planescape Torment - This one I think I'll get to eventually. I was LTTP with Baldur's Gate II but I still had a blast a decade after its launch so I could definitely see myself playing it someday.

Zidy

Skullmonkies
Crash Bandicoot 2
FF6

Chrono Trigger would have made it to this list but I'm going through it right now and I can't stop playing.

ranmafan

I'm guessing you read/speak Japanese? That's one thing that keeps me from playing a lot of games that I would like to, including a few from your list.

Yep, read it, speak it, and also live in Japan. Makes it easier to get a lot of these games too. But also ends up helping to make my list bigger always!

Cody_D165

Banned
Earthbound and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

At least I'll get to remedy EB when it releases on eShop. Still waiting for that day where I find a cheap copy of Conker in the wild.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Masterbaten Katos 1 and 2.

I had the chance to get them both used for $18, unfortunately passed because of light scratches to the games.

kogasu

Just about any of those older PC games you hear about all the time. I've really only played on consoles but when I see games like Grim Fandango I always want to play it but I 'd rather just have a designated PC just for gaming.

Older computer games:
Grim Fandango
Sam & Max games
Planescape Torment
Monkey Island games
Alone in the Dark series
The Dig
Diablo II
Ultima series
Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall
The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys
...a million others

Console games:
Earthbound
Policenauts
Snatcher
Shining Force 3

...can't think of anymore

I've always been curious about Suikoden 2. And more recently, I've wanted to play Xenoblade, but the price is too much.

EDIT: I've always wanted to try out Panzer Dragoon Saga as well.

Brokun

See: Amazon/Steam wishlist.

But more seriously, Zelda Skyward Sword has been sitting on my shelf for a long time now. Slowly working through my backlog, so I'll get to it eventually. But, man...

Coreda

Grim Fandango
Dishonored (consistently beautiful art direction, enjoyed Gopher's full stealth, no-powers playthough)
Metal Gear Solid (at least one in the series)
Journey (don't own a PS3, sadly an exclusive :( )
Ico
Sword & Sworcery EP
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Fez
Thirty Flights of Loving (loved Gravity Bone)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Mother 3

From seeing others lists I can thoroughly recommend:
Snatcher (Sega CD version, classic and very immersive)

I was sent a YouTube message last week noting their delays, and the beta is done. Item translations, MoonDisc Player functionality, and editing language on graphics files into English is all that's left.

I'm going to make a topic once I have time to fiddle with the beta!
That's fantastic news. I was afraid the game was a little too niche to get a fan-translation team behind it. I'll patiently await a patch-release then. Thanks for the update!

halfbeast

Banned
there are games I want to play I never played (but always wanted to) like

Thief (series)
Snatcher
Grim Fandango

then there are games I bought back in the day but for some reason had technical issues or didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do, like

Bioforge
Ecstatica
Bad Mojo

KOTOR 1 and 2...

As a dude who played so many rpgs, Im ashamed to have never played this critically acclaimed series.

Too bad I never owned a X-box system and dont plan to.

Stoze

The entire Final Fantasy series. I haven't played through any of them (other than FFTA).
Racing games. The few that I've played I've loved, like Burnout 3 and Beetle Adventure Racing, but I haven't played much others.

I haven't played the Final Fantasy games mainly because of the time commitment and the long introductions put me off, racing games I just haven't gotten around to.

System Shock 2

I know, I suck. I even bought the GoG version and it's sitting in my computer waiting for me to double click that link.

nesboy43

Banned
Snatcher
Dragon Quest Series
Final Fantasy IX
World of Warcraft
Mario & Wario (Japan Release)
Mother 3
Halo 3, Reach, and Wars
Fire Emblem Series (just started Awakening)
Super C, Contra Force, PS2 Contra Games
Command and Conquer series
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Battletoads Arcade
Road Rash

There are a lot more too that I can't think of at the moment.

cj_iwakura

I was sent a YouTube message last week noting their delays, and the beta is done. Item translations, MoonDisc Player functionality, and editing language on graphics files into English is all that's left.

I'm going to make a topic once I have time to fiddle with the beta!

If you mean what I think you mean, I'm pretty sure I know someone on the project, and I helped with some graphics on it.

Top Bottom