• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you've always wanted to play...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
But for whatever reason, be it time or money constraints or something else, haven't gotten around to trying out.

I have a huge list, but some that have been on it for a long time are:

The Super Mario Land games, in particular Land 3 and 4, the Wario games
Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Colors
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Wild Arms 5
Yakuza series
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Metroid: Zero Mission
Sly Cooper series
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Perfect Dark (64)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (GBC)
Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2
Parasite Eve II and The 3rd Birthday
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

And it goes on and on and on... there just isn't enough time in the world.

Tan

I was just thinking about how I've still never played a Metal Gear game and that I should find the time to do so.

Corsick

For me it's:

Suikoden series (I have one atm but have only played about 2 hours of it)
Pathalogic (I have it but the game is borderline broken at times)
Yakuza series
Shadow of the Colossus
Ico
Wild Arms series
Grandia series

Too many classic games I've just been too lazy to buy/play.

Majora's Mask ._.

Missed it on the N64, had no way (back then) to get it on VC.

This. Been wanting to play it forever. I first rented it when it originally came out but because of the way the game was structured I just couldn't get into it and finish it before I had to return it, and I wasn't one to keep renting the same game over again.

Years later... I bought it day one on Wii's VC to finally complete the journey I started more than a decade ago only to play a day or so and then completely forget about.

Still hoping to get back into it... someday.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Eternia PSP
Skies of Arcadia
Glass Rose PS2

I can't seem to find them nor am I willing to import. With the exception of Skies of Arcadia, I also don't have the system for it (anymore).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Night of the Sickle Weasel. Not sure why I never got around to it.

Shahadan

A few ps3 exclusives. Like Flower.
I already had a 360+pc, couldn't justify a ps3 purchase on top of that, and was hoping for retrocompatibility for ps4. It was foolish ;_;

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I always wanted to finish the fight with Halo 3...

Skies of Arcadia Legends and Tales of Vesperia too, just because of all their praise.

ugly

OP, if you get around to playing Spirit Tracks, give it a chance man
There's so much fun stuff in that game if you can accept it
xx

Edit ~~~~

El Shaddai
Mother 3
Resi Evil 4
Phantom Hourglass
Pikmin

spliced

Rocket: Robot on Wheels

At the time the N64 was kinda overloaded with 3D platformers and I didn't completely trust Sucker Punch at the time so I never took a chance on it. I figured oh they'll probably make a sequel and I'll play that. Unfortunately they never made a sequel and it's graphics are so dated now that I'm kinda annoyed I never played it before.

There are tons of Japanese only games that I've always wanted to play but can't because of the language barriers / import prices / region locking.

Gundam Extreme VS
Zangeki no Reginleiv
King's Field PSP Dungeon Crawlers
Hokuto no Ken PS2
The Super Robot Taisen games

Too many to list.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Anything on the 3DO.

Spent too much time as a kid reading about how powerful the thing was but it cost a bajillion dollars so it was out of the question for Christmas.

Ace Attorney series
Devil Summoner I & II
Digital Devil Saga I & II
Dragon Quest VIII
Ico
Metal Gear Solid 4
Okami
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
The World Ends With You

There's a fair bit more, but these are the ones that first came to mind.

Tannequy

PS3 exclusives + RDR.
At one point I even bought the console (with uncharted 2 and RDR to get me started) just to find out a month later that I had to relocate to another country (with no room in my suitcase for a console + laptop). In the end I just left it all to my brother.
Never got to finish RDR (let alone Uncharted) :(

Super Mario RPG

I remember my cousins coming to my house playing Super Mario RPG, and I've always wanted to try out that game. But didn't get to. I don't recall ever borrowing their game. But I played SMRPG for the first time on snes emulator. I made it to the last boss but the file erased, and I never played that game in years. When it came out for Wii VC, I replayed the game again, and finally beaten it. It felt good too.

super mario rpg
any final fantasy
LoZ: Majora's Mask
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Ico
God of War
Shenmue I/II
Viewtiful Joe
Shadow of the Colossus

Loona

Buriki One - arcade only, mostly only available in Japan, notable because you attack with the joystick and move with the buttons

Namco Super Wars - big Namco crossover, but it's in Japanese and on the Wonderswan...

Artorias

Banned
Panzer Dragoon Saga. I don't even have a saturn :(

Evolution:Eternal Dungeons for NGPC. It's probably not that great but I'm missing just a handful of games for the system, and it kills me that one of them is a JRPG.

Front Mission 5. I just found out there is an english patch so I'm going to get on this one pretty soon.

Birathen

Im trying to play through Zelda OOC, TP and SS now befor the floodgates open this summer but its hard finding the time and motivation.

I have always wanted to play a game like DayZ but without the Free for all deathmatch junk.

SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Reason: missed first time around and not on VC

FF Tactics (ps1)

Reason: didn't get a UK release I think?

Metal Gear 4 and Demon's Soul's

Reason: no PS3. Soon to be rectified as MGS 3 and Dark Souls are two of the greatest games of I've ever played.

Many DOS-based games that I couldn't run back then and later had trouble running on more modern PCs. Bethesda's Terminator games come to mind. And Realms of the Haunting. I'm sure it's easier to get them running now if I ever find the energy to try.

sublimit

Banned
Too many since i'm European with Chrono Cross probably being on the top of my list.

The strange thing is that the soundtrack manages to give me a warm nostalgia vibe even though i've never played the actual game.Mitsuda is a genious.

I still haven't finished a single Sonic game. Working on Sonic 2, thinking of buying Colors, and keeping an eye on Lost World which looks awesome.

Top Bottom