• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bah, I'll post the Sketch Dump in a few hours! But for now...

zlCfzRCqNzMWcrwwTR

Later.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF.

I can't get over how horrid that Naruto episode was. Did Kishi ever talk to a girl in his life?

So I'm not sure where exactly I passed out last night, I know it was somewhere during OP so I'll just watch from there to IGPX now and post my thoughts.

Tenumi

Banned
So... I managed to stay awake through Soul Eater so...

One Piece: I actually enjoyed this episode. Goofy yet awesome...

Soul Eater: That was... one part awesome and one part disturbing. Is it next saturday yet?

One Piece 2nd Half: Robin was fantastic, the humor was great, and the action was good, very enjoyable episode

Soul Eater: DAT FACE! Best show of the night again

IGPX: All the ladies and River want the D of Takashi.

So advice time Toonami GAF

2:30 - Eureka seveN - 46
3:00 - Thundercats - 15
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 19
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 35
5:00 - Inuyasha - 71
5:30 - Inuyasha - 72

These are all those shows I'm not currently caught up on to watch with Toonami, of those I have no real interest in watching TC or SBT as both are leaving soon. I'm somewhat more intersted in E7 despite the fact it's leaving soon on the off chance Toonami ever gets E7AO though I could always save E7 for another time. That leaves me with just FMA:B and Inuyasha, I've already read FMA so I won't be confused by the supposedly rush intro of FMA:B. I have also never seen or read any of Inuyasha though I want to.

So advice time, FMA:B, Inuyasha, or E7 which should I marathon next?

Raxus

I break the rules and vote SBT. It may be ending but the series very much deserves your attention. Easily one of the best series Toonami has aired.

Aside from that, E7 for AO and since you already read FMA.

Good morning Toonami-GAF.

I can't get over how horrid that Naruto episode was. Did Kishi ever talk to a girl in his life?

"Even though we were friends growing up and live in the same village I'm gonna let you die because we like the same moody guy!"

Girl logic, bleh

Good morning errr afternoon ToonamiGaf.
My favorite of the bunch.

These are all those shows I'm not currently caught up on to watch with Toonami, of those I have no real interest in watching TC or SBT as both are leaving soon. I'm somewhat more intersted in E7 despite the fact it's leaving soon on the off chance Toonami ever gets E7AO though I could always save E7 for another time. That leaves me with just FMA:B and Inuyasha, I've already read FMA so I won't be confused by the supposedly rush intro of FMA:B. I have also never seen or read any of Inuyasha though I want to.

I break the rules and vote SBT. It may be ending but the series very much deserves your attention. Easily one of the best series Toonami has aired.

Aside from that, E7 for AO and since you already read FMA.
I second SBT. Plus it only has 20 episodes so it won't take that long.

I vote for Brotherhood. Personally, I'm not a fan of E7 and SBT will come back to toonami and some point so why not watch it with us? Yeah, most of the people here have seen the series before but by the time it comes back I'm sure toonami-gaf will have some newbies that haven't taken the plunge yet. Inuyasha would be my second choice but the filler gets on my nerves.

I started watching Eureka 7 as there is no superior manga version like Inuyasha and it'll be easier to be caught up on just one series by saturday so I'd be able to watch Bleach through E7 with everyone.

Moaradin

It's such a shame titan is being rushed to meet it's deadline. Is there any chance of this stuff being fixed on blu ray releases?

Moaradin

so Attack on Titan has jumped off a cliff in terms of quality? do we still want it on Toonami?

It's a good show but it has a lot of production issues that I've never seen in an anime. Weird cuts all over the place as if it's missing a scene, and a lot of unfinished animation.

I don't know how common this is for Japanese anime since titan and hunter x hunter are the first anime I've seen as they aired. Usually I wait for the dubs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's a good show but it has a lot of production issues that I've never seen in an anime. Weird cuts all over the place as if it's missing a scene, and a lot of unfinished animation.

I don't know how common this is for Japanese anime since titan and hunter x hunter are the first anime I've seen as they aired. Usually I wait for the dubs.

Titan's problem is that the manga isn't very far and the pacing isn't as good as it should be.

so Attack on Titan has jumped off a cliff in terms of quality? do we still want it on Toonami?

There's issues with pacing (parts being dragged out way longer than needed) and the animation suffers at times due to the budget not being high enough but overall AoT is excellent. I think it would fit very well on toonami and a ratings hit. Once Bleach finishes it's run the schedule should (IMO) go:

12 - One Piece
12.5 - Naruto
1 - Attack on Titan

I don't care what they fill in the rest of the block with.

Only 13 episodes in and already asking for Attack on Titan Brotherhood? :(

I think it's dumb to do an anime adaptation of any monthly series while the manga is still on going because you'll always catch up to fast and have to do an anime ending

Deadman Wonderland
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Hellsing
Black Butler

Those are just monthly series I can name off the top of my head that had this problem arise. The odds that Titan will have an anime ending is at least 95% because even at the snails pace their taking this anime they're already almost half way caught up with the manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think it's dumb to do an anime adaptation of any monthly series while the manga is still on going because you'll always catch up to fast and have to do an anime ending

Deadman Wonderland
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Hellsing
Black Butler

Those are just monthly series I can name off the top of my head that had this problem arise. The odds that Titan will have an anime ending is at least 95% because even at the snails pace their taking this anime they're already almost half way caught up with the manga.

I can't say I disagree, that said FMA:B started before it ended. They had actually timed them out to end in the same week/month. But really they do need to start the monthly manga anime closer to the endings of the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom