• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
moving it up is actually beneficial. how many episodes are supposed to be on the first set?

Seven. Seems timed pretty well for the tv airing to promote it.

Volume 1 – Aincrad Part 1 - August 13th
Volume 2 – Aincrad Part 2 - September 17th
Volume 3 – Fairy Dance Part 1 - October 15th
Volume 4 – Fairy Dance Part 2 - November 19th

Seda

Seven. Seems timed pretty well for the tv airing to promote it.

Volume 1 – Aincrad Part 1 - August 13th
Volume 2 – Aincrad Part 2 - September 17th
Volume 3 – Fairy Dance Part 1 - October 15th
Volume 4 – Fairy Dance Part 2 - November 19th

Looks like the episode break down is 7/7/5/6

So basically 1, 2, 3 will air before the first DVD set is (officially) out and 8 will air before the second DVD set is out. Episodes might certainly show up online before the release dates of course.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Looks like the episode break down is 7/7/5/6

So basically 1, 2, 3 will air before the first DVD set is (officially) out and 8 will air before the second DVD set is out. Episodes might certainly show up online before the release dates of course.

Looks like they've got this pretty well planned out then. If nothing else it'll be an interesting watch.

Cwarrior

The Magi anime's definitely great and everyone I know who's seen it but not read the manga thinks so as well. (Conversely, 100% of the people who've read the manga have told me the anime is garbage.)

Magi anime is better then your average anime am glad you enjoyed it but the reason why it's hated so much by manga fans is it could of been so much more, it doesn't do the source material justice it was apparent the anime team was a bad match after we had a few interviews from them before it aired, with director saying they wish main character was a loli in those interview it showed they didn't have much interest in magi and wished they where working on some other moe show or more accel world, but on the plus side they did mention the author was involved of the project and gave the ok for certain changes.

Demarco should of got Magi from Aniplex instead of Sao.

On Aniplex side it was a genius marketing move to get toonami to air the anime while there releasing the anime at the same time and even better for them the anime is only aired a few months ago in japan so it's still pretty new.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Questionable quality of the later episodes aside the fanbase is clearly hot for SAO. It looks good and the buzz around it both good and bad has people hyped.

I'd say this easily on the level of the original FMA/Ghost in the Shell/Bleach/One Piece in terms of hype for the product's launch on Toonami.

Novid

Banned
Magi anime is better then your average anime am glad you enjoyed it but the reason why it's hated so much by manga fans is it could of been so much more, it doesn't do the source material justice it was apparent the anime team was a bad match after we had a few interviews from them before it aired, with director saying they wish main character was a loli in those interview it showed they didn't have much interest in magi and wished they where working on some other moe show or more accel world, but on the plus side they did mention the author was involved of the project and gave the ok for certain changes.

Demarco should of got Magi from Aniplex instead of Sao.

On Aniplex side it was a genius marketing move to get toonami to air the anime while there releasing the anime at the same time and even better for them the anime is only aired a few months ago in japan so it's still pretty new.

Magi isn't ready. Episode 6 is a fucking clusterfuck.

Even though I've already watched SAO I'm pretty excited to see how it will do on toonami. It should get good ratings, I'm thinking it'll average around 800K per week. Looking forward to reading the reactions in this thread on Saturday nights, they're always entertaining.

YEAHHHHHHH METS WIN IN 15 INNINGS AT 3:30 IN THE MORNING

I DON'T CARE IF THIS IS THE TOONAMI THREAD I'M FEELING IT

2d09881bd299fe0e27a34a0d493be.gif

uhn! uhn! uhn! uhn!

Been noticing something funny on Twitter. Pacific Rim has been trending worldwide for the past 2 days and yet we couldn't get it to trend even in the US. We suck. Also, where are the ratings? We usually have them by now.

Seda

Been noticing something funny on Twitter. Pacific Rim has been trending worldwide for the past 2 days and yet we couldn't get it to trend even in the US. We suck. Also, where are the ratings? We usually have them by now.

Last weekend was a pseudo-holiday weekend. Maybe related to why we don't have ratings yet.

I'm expecting only Bleach to break a million, based on this:

Turner Ratings Department Press Releases and Fine Cheeses said:
Saturday night’s TOONAMI presented a block of new episodes, including Bleach (12 a.m.), Naruto (12:30 a.m.), One Piece (1 a.m.), and Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) that each ranked #1 in its respective time periods among men 18-24.

Tenumi

Banned
Yeah, I definitely don't have high expectations for this past weekend's ratings, even though Soul Eater was particularly awesome.

We took it in the mother-flippin' SHORTZ, boyos:
12:00AM Bleach 0.6 HH, 774,000
12:30AM Naruto 0.7 HH, 815,000
1:00AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 683,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.5 HH, 611,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 572,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 0.5 HH, 548,000
3:00AM Thundercats (2011) 0.4 HH, 531,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 458,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 505,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.4 HH, 464,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 524,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.4 HH, 499,000

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa.
So strange to see Bleach that low. Combination of UFC and filler. Really awful filler too.

Dear lord those numbers are depressing. I know there was a big UFC fight and it was a holiday weekend but still.

I'm sure we'll bounce back this week, especially with Bleach filler ending and Soul Eater picking up steam.

doubt it's anything to worry about.

Hold me
tumblr_mposl4gV081qmtkzgo2_500.gif

But forreals:

Across the first week of July 2013, Adult Swim’s Total Day Delivery ranked #1 among adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 and men 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 on basic cable. Compared to the same week in 2012, average Total Day delivery increased across all targeted demos by double digits – adults 18-24 by 14%, adults 18-34 by 12%, adults 18-49 by 14%, men 18-24 by 21%, men 18-34 by 17% and men 18-49 by 14%.

Continuing its outstanding June performance in Primetime (Broadcast definition), Adult Swim once again ranked #1 among all basic cable networks for delivery of adults 18-34. Compared to the same week in 2012, Prime delivery increased with adults 18-24 by 17%, adults 18-34 by 10%, adults 18-49 by 15%, men 18-24 by 17%, men 18-34 by 9% and men 18-49 by 13%.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom