• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I disagree, that said FMA:B started before it ended. They had actually timed them out to end in the same week/month. But really they do need to start the monthly manga anime closer to the endings of the manga.

Or at least do what the original FMA did where they worked with the author to change events during the series always with the intention of going another direction.

Screenshot2013-07-07at14508AM.png

Cwarrior

I think it's dumb to do an anime adaptation of any monthly series while the manga is still on going because you'll always catch up to fast and have to do an anime ending

Deadman Wonderland
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Hellsing
Black Butler

Those are just monthly series I can name off the top of my head that had this problem arise. The odds that Titan will have an anime ending is at least 95% because even at the snails pace their taking this anime they're already almost half way caught up with the manga.

Those studio know that long before they go into production stage, the reason they do it is to cash-in on the property while it's hot.

Attack on titan lucky enough to have been around for 3-4 years before it's got it's anime and it's anime is only a 26 episode run so it has enough material in manga form for 26 episodes.

But they also are studios that change shit like giving it an original anime ending for the hell of it like what happened to Magi.

Anime original ending are never any good cause anime writers are nearly all universally bad and anime fans don't care about writing/plot, they either want to see Action,over the top drama or cute things/fanservices,

Those studio know that long before they go into production stage, the reason they do it is to cash-in on the property while it's hot.

Attack on titan lucky enough to have been around for 3-4 years before it's got it's anime and it's anime is only a 26 episode run so it has enough material in manga form for 26 episodes.

But they also are studios that change shit like giving it an original anime ending for the hell of it like what happened to Magi.

Anime original ending are never any good cause anime writers are nearly all universally bad and anime fans don't care about writing/plot, they either want to see Action,over the top drama or cute things/fanservices,

oh i see now. if it doesn't follow the manga it's automatically bad.

Cwarrior

oh yeah. if i recall correctly, the only criticism you could muster of FMA was "LOOK AT THE AUTHOR"

Ehh whatever let's not waste our time,I can understand why someone would like it, the serise has it's pros I enjoyed first 1/3 of it,that's not to bad it's hardly worth hateing on there are thousands of much much worse animes out there.

I was talking about anime writers in the industry in general, I don't have much respect for them or trust them to handle any good property(manga,comics)

let's try to respect each other opinions,you and me both instead of going in pointless circles.

Honestly I get the impression the FMA/B/Manga arguments are like the HxH Yorkshin/Greed Island/Chimera Ant arc all of them are equally fantastic and trying to pick which version is the best is just a matter of opinion.

Seda

Honestly I get the impression the FMA/B/Manga arguments are like the HxH Yorkshin/Greed Island/Chimera Ant arc all of them are equally fantastic and trying to pick which version is the best is just a matter of opinion.

I'm not familiar with HxH or anything but I agree. I quite like both FMAs when it comes down to it. I rewatched the original series about 2/3 years ago and I should re-rewatch it soon I think.

Also

I was rewatching some of the Briggs episodes (I'll only ever 'watch ahead' on shows I've already seen) and while they are a bit more 'talky' than the rest it still really draws me.

Ehh whatever let's not waste our time,I can understand why someone would like it, the serise has it's pros I enjoyed first 1/3 of it,that's not to bad it's hardly worth hateing on there are thousands of much much worse animes out there.

I was talking about anime writers in the industry in general, I don't have much respect for them or trust them to handle any good property(manga,comics)

let's try to respect each other opinions,you and me both instead of going in pointless circles.

fair enough

I watched up to episode 39 of Brotherhood on Netflix and absolutely loved it, wasn't much of a fan of the original FMA series. Is the manga worth jumping into at this point?

Seda

I watch up to episode 39 of Brotherhood on Netflix and absolutely loved it, wasn't much of a fan of the original FMA series. Is the manga worth jumping into at this point?

I haven't read much of the manga, but i'd assume it's not a reach to say it's basically FMA:B with proper pacing - overabundance of exaggerated animation comedy + proper backstories in place.

Raxus

FMA manga is one of the best manga I've ever read it's always worth jumping into
Speaking of which the author's new manga is coming out soon so keep your eyes peeled for that to quickly get adapted stateside.
The subs come down to a matter of opinion. The dub on the other hand. Chances are good the 2011 series will be far superior.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The manga sure it's excellent, the anime not so much.

Soul eater one of those rare instances the dub is actually much better then original voices(maka Japanese voices hurts to listen too).

The Magi anime's definitely great and everyone I know who's seen it but not read the manga thinks so as well. (Conversely, 100% of the people who've read the manga have told me the anime is garbage.)

The anime's definitely great and everyone I know who's seen it but not read the manga thinks so as well. (Conversely, 100% of the people who've read the manga have told me the anime is garbage.)

soul eater is great till the ending. manga fan or not. the ending was pulled out of someones ass.

Seda

Even spoiler tagged, I think I might start removing unnecessary mentions of spoilers for shows that haven't finished their run...

Even spoiler tagged, I think I might start removing unnecessary mentions of spoilers for shows that haven't finished their run...

Would this only be for premiers or for any show? I get that for Bleach though Soul Eater and arguably IGPX but for shows that are on reruns like Bebow or Inuyasha I feel the only people watching them are people who've seen them before.

Seda

Would this only be for premiers or for any show? I get that for Bleach though Soul Eater and arguably IGPX but for shows that are on reruns like Bebow or Inuyasha I feel the only people watching them are people who've seen them before.

People definitely should keep spoiler discussion to a minimum for "premieres" (Bleach through Eureka 7) - even Naruto has people watching for the first time, even though I feel some of the major plot points are generally known anyway for those people.

There were a few people watching FMA:B for the first time for a while when it restarted but I think they either gave up or decided to watch it on their own, so I believe we don't have to worry about spoilers there. Bebop has definitely rerun enough times that spoilers are fine.

I'm watching Inuyasha for the first time :eek: , I think I am the only one. Haven't had any issues with spoilers.

People definitely should keep spoiler discussion to a minimum for "premieres" (Bleach through Eureka 7) - even Naruto has people watching for the first time, even though I feel some of the major plot points are generally known anyway for those people.

There were a few people watching FMA:B for the first time for a while when it restarted but I think they either gave up or decided to watch it on their own, so I believe we don't have to worry about spoilers there. Bebop has definitely rerun enough times that spoilers are fine.

I'm watching Inuyasha for the first time :eek: , I think I am the only one. Haven't had any issues with spoilers.

Naruto seems to be the biggest problem mostly with people commenting about "oh I forgot so and so used to do stuff"

I guess I'm okay with this in these situations:

The pacing was also complete shit towards the end.

soul eater is great till the ending. manga fan or not. the ending was pulled out of someones ass.

No offense but this type of thing doesn't need to be posted, it kinda ruins the show for first time watchers by skewing their perspective. Let SE complete its first run and then we can have a discussion about the series as a whole.

Another thing that we need to stop doing (and I am guilty of this too) is hyping up a show before it airs. There's a difference between saying "can't wait for ___ next week, it's gonna be great!" and "Guys next episode is gonna blow your MIND, don't watch ahead on netflix!" It's kind of spoiling the surprise(s) for people who are going in fresh. From now on those posts probably should be deleted.

Really I don't think any show that hasn't finished its run on toonami should be talked about in advance, spoiler tags or not. For example, Inuyasha has aired on Adult Swim before but I don't want to see people hinting at what happens in the future because its new to toonami. Shows like Symbionic Titan, Bebop and T-Cats are fair game though (in my eyes) because they've already run to completion on the block. This is just my opinion, Seda has final say.

Raxus

I can't even remember anything in Inuyasha to spoil that isn't insanely friggin obvious.

I know I can be terrible about doing does I dislike but I tend to avoid immediate spoilers.

I want to know your stance in looooong running manga seeing as we aren't getting to the stuff in years (if ever) with the exception being One Piece.

Seda

Naruto seems to be the biggest problem mostly with people commenting about "oh I forgot so and so used to do stuff"

Yeah, general statements like that aren't spoilers for a particular event, but it is still giving something away for new viewers. Like, I imagine a new viewer to Naruto could think along the lines of: "Oh, I guess Sakura is always useless because that's what everybody says and Shikarmaru and Rock Lee seem to be well liked. I guess they do some cool things later."

These weren't things that original viewers knew going in, and so they really are spoilers when it comes down to it.

I'm being vague but these are sorts of things that have been posted more than once. I'm not bothering to spoil tag them now because similar things have already been posted several times, sometimes by myself.

I guess I'm okay with this in these situations:

No offense but this type of thing doesn't need to be posted, it kinda ruins the show for first time watchers by skewing their perspective. Let SE complete its first run and then we can have a discussion about the series as a whole.

Another thing that we need to stop doing (and I am guilty of this too) is hyping up a show before it airs. There's a difference between saying "can't wait for ___ next week, it's gonna be great!" and "Guys next episode is gonna blow your MIND, don't watch ahead on netflix!" It's kind of spoiling the surprise(s) for people who are going in fresh. From now on those posts probably should be deleted.

Really I don't think any show that hasn't finished its run on toonami should be talked about in advance, spoiler tags or not. For example, Inuyasha has aired on Adult Swim before but I don't want to see people hinting at what happens in the future because its new to toonami. Shows like Symbionic Titan, Bebop and T-Cats are fair game though (in my eyes) because they've already run to completion on the block. This is just my opinion, Seda has final say.

I don't want to be a spoiler/tease (or other rule) dictator for the thread, I'll just enforce whatever rules we as a community decide on.

Personally, I think teases can ruin the moments. Maka slipping into madness wasn't really all that exciting for me because the teases (along with the context of the show of course) sort of made it obvious what was going to happen. It took away a little of the punch, maybe.

I want to know your stance in looooong running manga seeing as we aren't getting to the stuff in years (if ever) with the exception being One Piece.

I'd say:

Specific event spoilers are unnecessary and probably should be removed, even if spoiler tagged. Like, there's no reason to bring up that Hughes dies before it happens. (yeah I know that's not a long running thing)

General statements about the future of a character are frowned upon. Like "Too bad Tien is forgotten about after the Cell saga, I liked his character" It doesn't spoil a major event, but it still gives away something. I honestly don't know the best way to handle those.

Because only 5 people are awake then. Also it's not too hard to see shit in Dogboy coming.

Yep lol.

Raxus

Yes or no.

"The Android saga is when shit goes down"

"The anime will pick up soon"

"We meet the best character next episode"

"Hey Yamcha
pffffffff
"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO is going to make all involved money. It will be a great ratings draw and it'll sell a ton of discs. That they apparently got a good deal on top of it was a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom