• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter - Help Yoh Yoshinari Save Anime [Funded in 4hrs!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
71a71d7853d4ea88c3227f2dcd812de8_large.jpg

Kickstarter said:

What is this moe garbage shit?
One of the best anime shorts in recent years, from Studio TRIGGER, which is composed of a lot of ex-GAINAX (FLCL, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann) talent.

Why should I care?
If you liked Gurren Lagann, then you may have seen this short with the awesome choir music and HOT BLOODED MECHA ACTION. That's Yoh Yoshinari, who has worked on such notable works as: FLCL, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking, Cat Soup, etc.

Where can I watch the original Little Witch Academy?
You can watch it here on Youtube. It's from their official Youtube channel so it's 100% legit.

Pledge $100 or more
Receive the limited edition Blu-Ray of Little Witch Academia 2 as soon as it is completed, as well as a printed version of the artbook as well as a film reel cut from the episode. Plus all $20 rewards!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

survivor

Banned
What if I don't want anime to be saved?

I'm probably gonna go for the $50 tier. I'm not sure if a film reel cut is worth the extra 50 bucks.

duckroll

I wonder what the difference between the standard blu-ray and the limited edition is. They need to give more details! :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What if I don't want anime to be saved?

I will come to your house and murder you, take your wallet, and donate everything to this Kickstarter.

When you think of it like that, $50 is a steal.

zoku88

I'm in for 50 unless the LE contains something special.

Also, title should be, Help Yoh Yoshinari Save Anime *again*

duckroll

How was the first one funded?

Part of the Young Animators Training Project every year where the JAniCA chooses four projects from four different studios and gives each one about $380k to make a 25 minute short where younger animators can get experience on getting more responsibility on a project and getting hands on guidance without rushing for deadlines on a commercial production.

Only 35 mins?!? :(

Hopefully this does so well that they can push in a reach goal of 50 or something. Might happen actually ... someone already gave them 10 grand!

Anyway ... I would like to give them $10 cause $20s too much for what they're giving as a reward. But there's no $10 reward ... they need to make one!

Would be nice if Little Witch Academia 1 was thrown on the Blu Ray as well. or maybe the limited edition version. Definitely more details would be nice.

Edit - Beaten, guess not xD Maybe a tier with both Blu Rays could be added.

Kusagari

Final total probably depends on what stretch goals they come up with.

Could vary a lot depending on what they are.

It'll be pretty front loaded, anime fans are a smaller audience than something like video games. It'll probably have a big day tomorrow though once the news spreads around.

ehhhhhhhhhh

I'll go with 400k, optimistically.

Depends on what stretch goals they give us.

I mean ... it's almost 1/3 funded and it hasn't even been one DAY yet. From what I can tell the major anime sites haven't even noticed it yet so it seems to be from WoM right now.

duckroll

Depends on what stretch goals they give us.

I mean ... it's almost 1/3 funded and it hasn't even been one DAY yet. From what I can tell the major anime sites haven't even noticed it yet so it seems to be from WoM right now.

It's anime. There isn't going to be a very wide audience aside from those who notice it immediately via word of mouth. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom