• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter - Help Yoh Yoshinari Save Anime [Funded in 4hrs!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense considering the time the original was in production and the fact that they are probably not gonna start this until Kill La Kill is done with.

That seems to be the case in terms of actual production.
We plan to spend half a year on the scenario, and work on the storyboard and settings during the upcoming spring. We will get started with the actual production in summer and plan to finish by 2014 winter.

Articalys

It probably won't have much of an extra effect at this point, but it just got stickied on the front page of 4chan's /a/ board.

Other than this and Kick Heart, have there been any other anime productions funded through Kickstarter? Whether successes or failures?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The initial rush will peak tomorrow, and then it'll die down for 28 days or so before the end burst.

400k sounds reasonable. 1.2 million is kind of silly UNLESS they start adding entire episodes as stretch goals.

Halfway there.
50per06sh7.png

uhh I mean the prizes...
That's even better please post your prizes! I want to feel the sadness of not pledging so much when I see all the nice things you're going to get. : D

Oh I know. You seriously did make me double-check my pledge, btw. Thanks!!

I really enjoyed watching LWA, and I see it again from time to time. My support is total, and I hope they get this funded to the moon and back.

Crunchyroll bump?

They were at 72k or so right before Crunchyroll posted the news item.

The exact date probably, but they've said they expect to finish it in Winter 2014-2015. So expect it in Spring 2015.
Hah, if they get a lot more than they asked for (very likely, with the pace so far!) and end up making the film longer in response, meeting that current "April 2015" date could be difficult...

Articalys

The average pledge right now is hovering around $125-130. Not counting the three people who dropped $10k each, it would be around $85.

edit: huh... guess not everything updates simultaneously. The 10k slot was still there even after it showed above 90k, but even now that it's gone the total didn't jump up at all.

Mirimar

They're definitely making their goal within the next few hours. I'd say less than a million by the end, but closer to 600k

Clov

I can't believe people are hating on Yuasa in this thread. Madness! He's always been great and entertaining, even at his lower points, I think.

More on topic, I'm in for a $50 reward. Loved the original short, so I'd be more than happy to fund a second one.

Hoping that they follow this up with a $15 Kickstarter for Inferno Cop 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom