• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playground likely making Forza Horizon 2, working on Xbox 1 game, starts mobile team

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably not the most surprising thing ever.

Kotaku said:
A job posting appears to suggest a sequel to last year's well-received open-world racer Forza Horizon is on the way. An agency job posting for unnamed Midlands-based racing developer matching much of the text of an opening on Playground's site word for word mentions that the studio is "working on the next edition of their successful racing title."

Additionally, on their CVs, Playground's creative director and studio director says they are "working on an exciting unannounced title for Xbox One," perhaps further suggesting the studio is handling Forza Horizon 2. All the contract positions on Playground's site specify a length of about nine months for contract work. Given that and the two year cycles for mainline Forza Motorsport titles, it does not seem unreasonable to venture the spinoff sequel could land sometime in 2014, sandwiched between this year's Forza Motorsport 5 and a likely Forza Motorsport 6 in 2015.

Playground is also starting up a mobile games development team, according to a handful of openings on its careers page. The openings don't offer much insight into what sort of mobile titles Playground will work on, but one posting does specifically mention the studio is looking for candidates with Unity experience.
Source: http://kotaku.com/the-2007-video-pitch-for-a-cgi-zelda-movie-well-probab-1000557061

jbikkAxXgfMy6w.png

stuminus3

Imagine what the power of the cloud could do to all those reminders that there is DLC I should be buying.

I know this might sound crazy, but I would rather see Horizon 2 on the 360. Let T10 wow everyone and show what they can do with the XB1, but I want to see what Playground can do with what they have learned from the first Horizon.

so1337

Mother of god. It will probably look insanely good. I could hardly believe Horizon was running on a 360.

jaypah

Wow, all the way to post #6?! The healing process has begun :p

This is good news. I wonder if they'll stick to 30fps for more eye candy?

Horizon was an incredible game, would love to see more; there's such a relaxing vibe to that game despite the intense racing. I think it's the location they picked, not sure you could pick much better settings for that kind of game.

This is good news. I wonder if they'll stick to 30fps for more eye candy?

30fps is fine. I didn't even know it was 30 until someone mentioned it on here. It has a great sense of speed. One thing I want them to do is expand on locales, throw in some rallying as well as some endurance races that span the entirety of the map.

m23

I think OddOne posted this a while back. Great news regardless. Can't wait to see what Horizon would be like on next gen hardware.

see5harp

If they could get a version running at 60 FPS, with all of the crazy lighting and fireworks and crazy rave shit going on with a day/night cycle, I'd probably be there day one. Maybe some more fleshed up online too because the coop easter egg hunts were actually sorta fun.

Hnnng dat open world racer feel. Microsoft needs to flesh out their IP roster with a quirky 3D platformer and I will be all set next gen.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
The main reason why it controls so well "FH1" is because of controller latency or lackthereof. Only the last Need for Speed is better in that regard. So, that is why it drively far better than the average 30fps racer does.

sunnz

Open world driving games ( especially those with more realistic physics) are on the top of my list.

I really enjoyed F:H but honestly preferred TDU2 over it ( the physics were worse no doubt, but the location, car list, actual off roading, no barriers and the MMO aspect were awesome to me)

If this could be like TDU but improved physics and such, day 1 when it releases.

I'd hope so that game is one of the biggest surprises for me last year. In a world where PGR is dead and gone, Horizon made racing fun and fluid like no other game has recently.

As long as the soundtrack is just Blind Faith I'm in.

Alternatively, have the soundtrack just be that 'Bom Bom' track and include a mission were you pick up a gun and shoot the radio DJ dead.

Also get Playground to make Blur 2 please I'm begging you Microsoft

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
include rally in the shipping game, not as (overpriced) DLC. rally in horizon 1 was sooooo good.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Awesome. Put more Project Gotham into it, please. I want cones, dammit.

yes. horizon definitely felt a bit like pgr at times and i could see this greatly expanded upon with an actual city (or cities) in the world. and cone challenges, of course.

Top Bottom