• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Sorry I missed a small chunk of the shows. Hunter x Hunter was being watched. I look forward to seeing you guys next week.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRE0O6E9vxiPsF

zlCfzRE0cCsMgSlNrN
zlCfzRE0gmklfYyvph

zlCfzRE0j5UFkiI-EJ
zlCfzRE0pxoRWD_I64

zlCfzRE05qcPMxZddJ
zlCfzRE0-DcCRVj-IH

zlCfzRE1A8QqjDhw-k
zlCfzRE1IjcXqrWqNx

zlCfzRE1RpczhSWt7x
zlCfzRE1bXQhf_GSlx

zlCfzRE1g4giNWo8ZU
zlCfzRE1jeMmbpc5Hx

Later.

Sanji wouldn't have been fooled by Foxy posing as a lad....*remembers fight with Mr. 2*

Nah....he still wouldn't be fooled

edit: And I probably should have watched the 2nd Inuyasha episode instead of doing other stuff

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That Foxy one is great. I can't believe I fell asleep before Soul Eater though :(

I feel like I let all you guys down. Damn it, next week I'll do the full 6 hours to make up for it!

Now to go catch up on what I missed. I hope SAO isn't going to suck too hard...

Do we need to spoiler FMA:B? I know Mightynine and GMN hadn't seen it at one point but I believe they went ahead and watched the rest on their own?

I kinda drifted off during FMA:B, so I just saw this.

I can't speak for GMN, but it's getting very close to the point where I started paying attention to FMA:B and know what's going on.

Either way, I know what eventually happens. It's just a matter of filling in the backstory at this point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I fell asleep sometime after One Piece. Gotta say, slightly disappointed with Bleach this week. Considering how long Aizen was built up as a threat, his exit seemed a little anticlimactic. Would have been nice to see him get a really thorough beat down and then have to beg for mercy.

So since we're in for like 6+ months of filler after next week, how are the filler arcs?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I fell asleep sometime after One Piece. Gotta say, slightly disappointed with Bleach this week. Considering how long Aizen was built up as a threat, his exit seemed a little anticlimactic. Would have been nice to see him get a really thorough beat down and then have to beg for mercy.

So since we're in for like 6+ months of filler after next week, how are the filler arcs?

How are the filler arcs?

XVINDez.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF.

How the hell is Sword Art Online popular? That episode was just so dumb.
"What? His sword changed from the beta!" You mean things change from the beta? Shock!
Yes, feel for the guy we knew for five minutes.
"YOU'RE A BETA TEST CHEATER! YOU'RE A BEATER!" Seriously? Is this what we're going with?
And I'm sorry, am I supposed to find Kirito badass? Because he's not.

In case it's not apparently obvious in the anime, Kirito accepts the whole Beater thing in an attempt to get rid of the hysteria surrounding beta testers. By becoming a target for everyone's anger he can continue to solo as he prefers while enabling the player base to work together.

It's an idiotic decision but that's his mindset in the novel

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In case it's not apparently obvious in the anime, Kirito accepts the whole Beater thing in an attempt to get rid of the hysteria surrounding beta testers. By becoming a target for everyone's anger he can continue to solo as he prefers while enabling the player base to work together.

Yea, that's dumb. I just got through the whole episode and I can't see why anyone likes this. At all.

I kinda drifted off during FMA:B, so I just saw this.

I can't speak for GMN, but it's getting very close to the point where I started paying attention to FMA:B and know what's going on.

Either way, I know what eventually happens. It's just a matter of filling in the backstory at this point.

i did more or less pay attention to these episodes while they were on Toonami last time.

BassForever said:

am i just unobservant or was this unclear for anyone else?

The OP? I mean yea it's fine, but it's not good enough to justify watching the show.

The op is good enough to mind wash you into sitting through the whole episode. Honestly the reason I watch Sao is the same reason I'll watch something like sharknado it's so bad it's good quality. Honestly Sao has made me laugh and lead to more discussion then any other anime I've watched in awhile with my friends, most of the conversation revolving around how many different ways you could fix the train wreck that is the series.

Morning toonami-gaf. I regret not being able to watch anything other than SAO and IGPX with you last night. Went out with friends and was super tired by the time I got back home.

Tenumi

Banned
So, because I was absent last night, here's my quick impressions...

Bleach: Why can't this be the last episode.... But nope, filler arc soon...

Naruto: That was a cool episode... Also, Naruto praise feels weird.

One Piece: Its all in the Afro, right?

Soul Eater: Well, I guess things are going to ramp up now...

SAO: Goodbye character I met 10 minutes ago, sorry I couldn't care enough about you to, well, care.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bleach ran though Ichigo designs and looks SO FAST! IT DID SOMETHING FAST! I appreciate it for that alone. Bow to the Swords of Revealing Light!

I enjoyed the action of SAO last night.

I actually like the fact in IGPX that having everyone win didn't mean they were
Uber out the Gate". Liz made me want some Chinese food. I always hate how few reference pieces there are for IGPX online... makes it hard to make pictures!

FMA loves stealing Inuyasha's battle themes. I'll always love Sango's theme. "I Wish you Happiness..." - Shy Sango is cute.

Remember if you run out of ideas and want to take a break from drawing full page panels just go with this.

So *writes in Notebook* Everything is Gintama? (Gin-O, I-Ginta-PX, Gintayasha, etc...)

In reality, I have through about just running with totally unfitting topics for a week, but the shows always make me want to try and portray moments and scenes from them...

zlCfzRE0pxoRWD_I64

I'll be using this.

Haha, this is good to hear :)
th

Yeah, this one got me.

Dat Sexy Foxy! -hurl-

I figured it along with his *Gulp*. That's not a horrible idea. He's putting others before himself, in an on-the-spot-idea kinda way. I don't hate the concept, I don't even hate the gullibility (MMO's can have some pretty flighty people).

Morning ToonamiGaf.

My Faves

Wohoo to a good amount of Fav's, haha. I rather like seeing what hits or misses with everyone each week.

----

Oh, and I have no idea what I'll end up doing once Miiverse gets the Art academy Update, lol. Colors just complicate things! I think I might end up shifting between colors and traditional B&W Miiverse every week or so... I am a B&W / Manga style Art Fan, after all...

Assuming no "die in the game/trapped in the game" shenanigans, would you all want to play Sao as it's depicted with nerve gear immersing you in the world?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Assuming no "die in the game/trapped in the game" shenanigans, would you all want to play Sao as it's depicted with nerve gear immersing you in the world?

I'd much prefer The World or The World R:2 from .hack. Having magic is better than not having magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom