• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still trying to catch up with InuYasha. and i'm really finding myself thinking there's no way i'd finish this show on my own time; the only way i'd watch this is if it's just on TV.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i'm still trying to catch up with InuYasha. and i'm really finding myself thinking there's no way i'd finish this show on my own time; the only way i'd watch this is if it's just on TV.

I've been meaning to catch up to where toonami is as well.

5 minutes into Sword Art and I'm fucking angry already at how stupid this is

You ain't the only one :lol

I've been meaning to catch up to where toonami is as well.

Same boat for me as well, last weeks shenanigans with moving back home from FL to CT put me behind on all the summer anime I was watching so I've been trying to catch up on those.

Jintor

God, they really did the 'her cloak flies off and then sparkles around her hair' reveal. Excellent.

BLACK GUY SAVES THE DAY

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Same boat for me as well, last weeks shenanigans with moving back home from FL to CT put me behind on all the summer anime I was watching so I've been trying to catch up on those.

We could set up an Inuyasha watch for the thread, a few episodes a night and we riff on the episodes like we normally would. All we would need is either to sync up hulu/netflix videos or set a stream up where one of us streams them and the others just watch.

We could set up an Inuyasha watch for the thread, a few episodes a night and we riff on the episodes like we normally would. All we would need is either to sync up hulu/netflix videos or set a stream up where one of us streams them and the others just watch.

I would be down for a skype view party or something along those lines. I think I've seen the first 4 or 5 episodes of the series in Japanese and that's it (whatever episode they beat the spider lady?).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well, i'm pretty much almost caught up so i don't know how useful that'd be

Well it doesn't have to be that. We could pick something else that Toonami isn't likely to get. It'd be a way to kill an hour or so every night (or before Boondocks starts on Saturdays).

I would be down for a skype view party or something along those lines. I think I've seen the first 4 or 5 episodes of the series in Japanese and that's it (whatever episode they beat the spider lady?).

That's like the second episode :lol

EDIT: Wait no, I was thinking centipede lady...

lol That's kinda funny.

I showed him an episode of Bleach yesterday along with Naruto, SAO, and Soul Eater in an attempt to get him to watch Toonami with me last night. He really liked SAO and Bleach and earlier today asked me what I owned of Bleach on DVD, I should have known something was up lol.

Isn't that the one Kubo wrote?

Apparently he oversaw the production but he didn't write the actual story. Guessing this means it'll have some sort of kubo troll twist in it.

I showed him an episode of Bleach yesterday along with Naruto, SAO, and Soul Eater in an attempt to get him to watch Toonami with me last night. He really liked SAO and Bleach and earlier today asked me what I owned of Bleach on DVD, I should have known something was up lol.
lol Your bro is a good person. Terrible taste in anime, but a good person nonetheless.

lol Your bro is a good person. Terrible taste in anime, but a good person nonetheless.

He says One Piece is still the best and would rather finish that before he starts something else (he just got to water 7). And to be fair the first episode of Bleach is pretty decent, it's takes awhile for the series flaws to start becoming apparent.

I should clarify I showed him the first episode of each show, he didn't actually watch Toonami with me because he didn't want to be spoiled on things that happen later in series he plans to watch.

image.php

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I should clarify I showed him the first episode of each show, he didn't actually watch Toonami with me because he didn't want to be spoiled on things that happen later in series he plans to watch.

What about One Piece?
Unless he already watches that.

He says One Piece is still the best and would rather finish that before he starts something else (he just got to water 7). And to be fair the first episode of Bleach is pretty decent, it's takes awhile for the series flaws to start becoming apparent.
Oh. I thought you had shown him last night's episode of Bleach. 1st episode is good. SAO on the other hand, ehhhhh. To each their own.

What about One Piece?
Unless he already watches that.

He's been watching that since last fall, he just got to water 7, yesterday he saw the Luffy v

MAJOR SPOILER FOR WATER 7 OH GOD DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE
Usopp

battle and is just ":O AMAZING"

Oh. I thought you had shown him last night's episode of Bleach. 1st episode is good. SAO on the other hand, ehhhhh. To each their own.

He's also 16 and he's only now sprouting his anime wings, he's only seen a handful of shows though he's trying to branch out.

Edit: Also I would never ruin the main villain of Bleach for someone who doesn't know, watching their mind break during hypnotism is always entertaining

Seda

He's been watching that since last fall, he just got to water 7, yesterday he saw the Luffy v

MAJOR SPOILER FOR WATER 7 OH GOD DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE
Usopp

battle and is just ":O AMAZING"

I've been keeping spoiler free on One Piece but
Opening 5 basically gives this away, lol.

Opening 5 sort of gives this away, lol.

That's the one thing I'm happy about the condensed openings for OP/Toonami. So many anime teams love to put blatant spoilers in OP/EDs it drives me crazy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Opening 5 basically gives this away, lol.

That's probably the only positive of cutting the opening down. Spoilers galore.
It's the same with Opening 6.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At least Sword Art Online has a nice opening theme. It can't be beat...er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom