• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
ShockingAlberto said:
I like how no one mentioned Silver being back there until Sakurai said it, now it's this gigantic sin. XD

Did anyone notice Silver being there until the update?

I couldn't see him in the crappy Youtube videos. >_>

HK-47 said:
Should have been Blaze. Best Sonic character since Knuckles

Exactly. Blaze is actually a good character.

Jiggy

RagnarokX said:
Knowing Nintendo, they'd sell each week of BS Zelda separately for $5 each.
I'd buy.

Darkpen said:
Sakurai is so hip, he made this video an unlockable in Brawl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX5zelka1FE

<3 Metaknight
ARGH, why is it looping Caramelldansen so poorly like 25 seconds in? ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-n0F_y2LE

Full version. Also, we need that one avatar of SuperAngelo64's back because it matched well. >_>

bigmakstudios said:
Some of the inclusions in Brawl make me wonder if its developers might be a little out of touch with games, strange as it might seem. I mean... something taken straight out of Kirby Air Ride is one of the most powerful items in the game...
Most of the people playing have said all the items are pretty powerful this time around.
Edit: Well, not "all," but a good number.

Jiggy

Yeah, looking around YouTube, I can see that there are lots of other videos using that poorly-looped version instead of the full song. -_- Oh well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
I like how no one mentioned Silver being back there until Sakurai said it, now it's this gigantic sin. XD

We have known about silver since the second video of GHZ was put up. People thought it was fine. Spoiler thread is teh matur lolz

Enkidu

That song is driving me insane. For some reason these songs are a lot worse when you actually understand what they are saying...

Jiggy

Yeah, there are maybe about 15 songs at most that I can tolerate in English. Other than that, languages I don't understand all the way, all day long. :D Japanese, Latin, Swedish, Korean. It's all good.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, there are maybe about 15 songs at most that I can tolerate in English. Other than that, languages I don't understand all the way, all day long. :D Japanese, Latin, Swedish, Korean. It's all good.

I prefer instrumentals over any lyrics at all, but if you're going to have lyrics, then they'd better either be really freaking good (or, in the case of Sonic songs, so cheesy as to be hilarious) or in a language I don't understand.

Meloche

It seems kind of weird that they'd put that much detail into the Tails/Knuckles/Silver character models and then not use them as ATs... especially Tails and Knuckles, who are the two biggest Sonic characters outside of Sonic.

Also, I didn't comment earlier but I'm amazed at the level of depth and detail that's been put into the Stage Builder. Conveyer belts, springs, etc etc -- I doubt I'll bother too much with it for the first little while, but I can definitely see myself coming back years from now and having a whole new experience with the game thanks to basically unlimited stage designs. And while custom stages don't necessarily have the same visual appeal as the in-game ones, you do get the advantage of being able to basically pick any music you want to go with your stage type (I think the tracks available are dependant on the chosen background?)

Jiggy

I predicted Luigi two times ago, and Jigglypuff or Captain Falcon last time. In the interest of continuing to pick new characters to predict, for tonight I call--oh, let's say Ganondorf or Mewtwo, along with their special moves. Villains represent!

Alternatively, Bomberman. Whatever the case, gotta keep up this recent one-character-per-week trend. I hope. >_>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jiggy37 said:
I predicted Luigi two times ago, and Jigglypuff or Captain Falcon last time. In the interest of continuing to pick new characters to predict, for tonight I call--oh, let's say Ganondorf or Mewtwo, along with their special moves. Villains represent!

Alternatively, Bomberman. Whatever the case, gotta keep up this recent one-character-per-week trend. I hope. >_>
Oh, now you're just being deceptive and mean.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

You're mean :O

Iam Canadian

Well, I was partially right. It WAS a character.

It's the Factually Superior Mario Brother.

Edit: Don't take my word for it, even Sakurai agrees.

Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt.

This time around I’d like to present him as less of the eternal second fiddle—and maybe give him a new title like, "everyone’s favorite man in green"!

Jiggy

Luigi yay, truly the greatest male character of all the Mario universe. :D

Edit: Whoa, I was even right that the special moves would be coming with the character. I will count this as a triple update.

Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt.

This time around I’d like to present him as less of the eternal second fiddle—and maybe give him a new title like, "everyone’s favorite man in green"!

hidden03_080215a-l.jpg
hidden03_080215b-l.jpg
hidden03_080215c-l.jpg
hidden03_080215d-l.jpg

Luigi's Special Moves
Standard Special Move Fireball
Side Special Move Green Missile
Up Special Move Super Jump Punch
Down Special Move Luigi Cyclone
Final Smash Negative Zone

How To Unlock
• Play 22 brawls
• Beat Classic with no continues
• Get Luigi to join your party in The Subspace Emissary

Tips

<Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch>

The Super Jump Punch is Luigi’s calling card.

hidden03_080215e-l.jpg

If you hit the opponent with it midmove, Luigi merely taps the opponent, knocking out a single coin.

hidden03_080215f-l.jpg

BUT! When you get in close and connect with the beginning of the move...

hidden03_080215g-l.jpg

PING! Luigi sends ‘em rocketing skyward!

This is the Fire Jump Punch. It’s more potent on the ground than in the air, so try catching the enemy off guard with it after a quick dash or evasive roll.

hidden03_080215h-l.jpg

Sadly, Luigi’s a sitting duck when he whiffs this attack.

<Side Special Move: Green Missile>

Boost the damage and distance the Green Missile can fly by holding down the special-move button!

Occasionally, regardless of whether you charge the move or not, the Green Missile will launch explosively!

This happens about 1/8th of the time and dramatically boosts the power of the attack!

hidden03_080215i-l.jpg

Remember to aim carefully before blasting off.

<Final Smash: Negative Zone>

When you trigger Luigi’s Final Smash, funky world music fades in and the immediate area gets wrapped up in the Negative Zone.

hidden03_080215j-l.jpg

You’re on Luigi’s turf now!

Opponents who set foot in the Negative Zone are plagued by a random assortment of effects including:

Drastically reduced attack power
Greater launch distance when hit
Increased likelihood of slipping
Steady increase in damage percentage
Flower growth on head
Dizziness
Uncontrollable taunting
Sudden sleepiness
Decreased movement speed
...And so on.

If you fall asleep or get dizzy here, you’ll have no way to avoid the inevitable Fire Jump Punch that will seal your fate!!

hidden03_080215k-l.jpg

Easy pickings. Mmm mmm.

If your opponent unleashes the Negative Zone, at least try to stay in the air. While aloft you won’t suddenly sleep, slip, or start taunting.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Luigi yay, truly the greatest male character of all the Mario universe. :D

Well, if we're talking the mainstream Mario universe, then I guess you're right.

But if we include more obscure characters, then Luigi has to step aside for Fawful.

Jiggy

By the way, you non-spoiler people are in for a real treat when you see Luigi's taunts. In my opinion, all three of them are in the game's five best, pretty easily. And I'm not even sure I need the "in my opinion" qualifier. They're objectively awesome. :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
By the way, you non-spoiler people are in for a real treat when you see Luigi's taunts. In my opinion, all three of them are in the game's five best, pretty easily. And I'm not even sure I need the "in my opinion" qualifier. They're objectively awesome. :D

Wait till you hear what he says during one of his victory animations, too.
Bang bang! :lol

Iam Canadian

* Drastically reduced attack power
* Greater launch distance when hit
* Increased likelihood of slipping
* Steady increase in damage percentage
* Flower growth on head
* Dizziness
* Uncontrollable taunting
* Sudden sleepiness
* Decreased movement speed

I like how this is written in the fashion of the list of side-effects on a bottle of medication.

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
I like how this is written in the fashion of the list of side-effects on a bottle of medication.
:lol :lol Nice Observation.

That is one funky looking Final Smash... looks awesome...

And I guess maybe we'll soon learn more about how 'slipping' works.

_Alkaline_ said:
Is his FS a completely random idea or does it come from one of his games?

It is a completely random idea, but I woudn't be surprised if Sakurai got the idea from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Dio Brando, who uses a similar attack for his trademark "The World", or ZA WARUDO, if the intarwebz are to be believed.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Oh, c'mon, Jiggy, now you're just teasing them.

They don't need to know how awesome Luigi's taunts are.
Everybody needs to know the greatness of Luigi. I just hope that as time pans out he proves to be one of the most brokenly fantastic characters in Brawl, with fighting abilities superior to Mario by an order of no less than seven degrees.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Everybody needs to know the greatness of Luigi. I just hope that as time pans out he proves to be one of the most brokenly fantastic characters in Brawl, with fighting abilities superior to Mario by an order of no less than seven degrees.

That would be a welcome change, seeing as I preferred Mario (or, more accurately, Dr. Mario) to Luigi in a gameplay sense in Melee.

Jiggy

hidden03_080215j-l.jpg

Who's the character other than Luigi, King Dedede, and Yoshi in this picture? Or is that reddish thing even a character?

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
hidden03_080215j-l.jpg

Who's the character other than Luigi, King Dedede, and Yoshi in this picture? Or is that reddish thing even a character?

I...have no idea. Zooming in doesn't really help, as it just looks like a pixelated blob.

My first impression was that it was a Waddle Dee, for what it's worth. It looks too small to be an actual character. Even Kirby.

Edit: Wait, I think I see a tail in there. Pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom