• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm... prepare to be shocked then.

2017 at the earliest, maybe early 2018

Man.. I can't tell if you guys are being serious.

You really think KH3 and XV are coming out next year?

Just saying, don't get your hopes up
There's pessimism and then there's being silly

FFXV is not going to be a 2018 game. No way

DNAbro

it's 2016 unless something goes horribly wrong.

KH3 is a tossup between 2016 and 2017.

KoopaTheCasual

Put me down as one of the many people willing to make a bet with you that this game is shipping next year.

The only game with a question mark over the year of release is KH, which I could definitely see slipping into 2017.

Begaria

I'm thinking: FFXV - 2016, KH3 - 2017, FF7 Remake - 2018. World of Final Fantasy is supposedly coming 2016. I don't see Star Ocean 5 out until 2017 as well as Nier 2.

Koozek

doc-rivers.gif

gosoxtim

i think that kh3 will be out next year for two reasons disney is helping out the game deliver new info and also they already have a relase date for it before final fantasy xv has one

Wavebossa

Well when late 2016 rolls around and you still don't have XV or KH3 you will rememb.... well you probably wont remember this thread, but trust me, these games wont be out.

Like.. KH3 in 2016??? If i'm being pessimistic, you guys are being unreasonable.

i think that kh3 will be out next year for two reasons disney is helping out the game deliver new info and also they already have a relase date for it before final fantasy xv has one

Are post like this even real???

Smh.. you guys and your hopes...

KoopaTheCasual

???
Well when late 2016 rolls around and you still don't have XV or KH3 you will rememb.... well you probably wont remember this thread, but trust me, these games wont be out.

Like.. KH3 in 2016??? If i'm being pessimistic, you guys are being unreasonable.
Oh, we'll remember this thread. Gaf always does.

Aru

I'm thinking: FFXV - 2016, KH3 - 2017, FF7 Remake - 2018. World of Final Fantasy is supposedly coming 2016. I don't see Star Ocean 5 out until 2017 as well as Nier 2.

Unless something goes wrong, I don't think FFVIIr will miss the 20th anniversary year. Even if it has to be released on December 31st 2017 :p

Yeah, how unreasonable to think a UE4 game that has been in full development for at least two years and already has full gameplay videos might be coming out a year and a half or so from now.

Wavebossa

Yeah, how unreasonable to think a UE4 game that has been in full development for at least two years and already has full gameplay videos might be coming out a year and a half or so from now.

No, not pessimistic. I think you guys are being far too optimistic.

EDIT: Nice stealth edit

Are post like this even real???

Smh.. you guys and your hopes...

They already have a internal release date....

This game was announced when I was in high school and i'm out of college now. Sorry if I don't share the same faith that you guys do :(

The fact that they are showing tons of stuff from both games means they are coming soon. Do you remember how hard they were trying to hide Versus XIII? They are not doing that with KH3 or FFXV.

Also the game that got announced while you were in high school no longer exists, FFXV is not Versus XIII.

The fact that they are showing tons of stuff from both games means they are coming soon. Do you remember how hard they were trying to hide Versus XIII? They are not doing that with KH3 or FFXV.

Also the game that got announced while you were in high school no longer exists, FFXV is not Versus XIII.

Gamescom, TGS and Jump festa we're getting major info for xv throughout the end of the year .. Gamescom is Just the start of things. There's also that Disney event for KH3! Great time to be alive.

Jigorath

Banned
Gamescom, TGS and Jump festa we're getting major info for xv throughout the end of the year .. Gamescom is Just the start of things. There's also that Disney event for KH3! Great time to be alive.

Man I'm happy Square Enix is finally getting their shit together. If all goes well we should have Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, and Star Ocean 5 next year.

Some Nobody

No, not pessimistic. I think you guys are being far too optimistic.

EDIT: Nice stealth edit

Pessimism after a point is unrealistic. FFXV in 2017? Dude, they've got a schedule to keep. XVI is somewhere being worked on, FF7 Remake has to come out.

Now, people are being optimistic--Verendus flat out said that he doubts FF7:R hits in 2017. And to be honest, I think there's a good chance that KH3 hits in 2017 purely because otherwise Square won't have anything left to release then besides more FFXIV expansions if they don't.

Edit:

I am (kinda), and most of it is worrisome. Changing engines, changing writers, etc :(

Most of this happened forever ago.

Pessimism after a point is unrealistic. FFXV in 2017? Dude, they've got a schedule to keep. XVI is somewhere being worked on, FF7 Remake has to come out.

Now, people are being optimistic--Verendus flat out said that he doubts FF7:R hits in 2017. And to be honest, I think there's a good chance that KH3 hits in 2017 purely because otherwise Square won't have anything left to release then besides more FFXIV expansions if they don't.

You know besides Nier 2 and any other games they have in development we don't know about.

I am (kinda), and most of it is worrisome. Changing engines, changing writers, etc :(

Well, then you should know that 2018 is a hilarious expectation. The game changed engine years ago, unless you're talking about KH III then? Well, you should be happy actually, it seens the UE4 is really helping speed things up.

Edit:

Most of this happened forever ago.

Square probably has a number of games that will hit in 2017 not even announced publicly at this point.

Whether it makes it or not, there's no way SE doesn't push as hard as possible to hit 2017 with FF7r. 20 years since the original is just too perfect a marketing opportunity.

Wavebossa

Well, then you should know that 2018 is a hilarious expectation. The game changed engine years ago, unless you're talking about KH III then? Well, you should be happy actually, it seens the UE4 is really helping speed things up.

I hope you're right, I'm literally waiting to buy a PS4 for these two games. I just have no faith whatsoever.

None.

Koozek

You know, I'm obviously pretty optimistic about SE and FFXV right now, but I still think it will most likely be the least polished mainline (non-sequel) FF so far. And it's not like I wouldn't understand, to be fair. I mean, they never made a FF of this huge scale and even with a fully action-based battle-system which alone is a huge task when you don't want it to look and play janky like most ARPGs (especially western ones, like DA, Witcher, etc.).
And yes, it might sound absurd at first glance, but I think when it releases in Summer/Fall 2016 it still only will have had ~3 full years of development if you start counting from E3 2013 which is not that much for an ambitious game like that honestly (everything before that from mid-2012 when it was rebooted was still pretty much just uprezzed PS3 assets on a Frankenstein'd Ebony-Luminous engine + target renders in the E3 trailer).

You know, I'm obviously pretty optimistic about SE and FFXV right now, but I still think it will most likely be the least polished mainline (non-sequel) FF so far. And it's not like I wouldn't understand, to be fair. I mean, they never made a FF of this huge scale and even with a fully action-based battle-system which alone is a huge task when you don't want it to look and play janky like most ARPGs (especially western ones, like DA, Witcher, etc.).
And yes, it might sound absurd at first glance, but I think when it releases in Summer/Fall 2016 it still only will have had ~3 full years of development if you start counting from E3 2013 which is not that much for an ambitious game like that honestly (everything before that from mid-2012 when it was rebooted was still pretty much just uprezzed PS3 assets on a Frankenstein'd Ebony-Luminous engine + target renders in the E3 trailer).
With XV development starting in 2012, 3 and a half ish years sounds reasonable for a game of this scope, IMO

Luminous was just a stinker. Proprietary engines in japanese games need to die

Begaria

You think Star OCean will have a 2 year localization?

Star Ocean 5 is coming out this year in Japan. Next year here.

If it hits the end of the year in Japan, then yeah, maybe Star Ocean 5 in 2016 outside of Japan. I should've mentioned that I'm personally thinking it's going to miss its "Winter 2015" release in Japan and might release in Q1 2016. I guess, even if that did happen, a 2016 release outside of Japan could happen, but I'm feeling conservative given how volatile how release dates are.

Unless something goes wrong, I don't think FFVIIr will miss the 20th anniversary year. Even if it has to be released on December 31st 2017 :p

Given that we don't have a solid release date for FFXV nor KH3 yet, which are the two games with teams likely being pooled to create FFVIIR and that this project has been (maybe) in production for a year (possibly even pre-production only), the massive size of FFVII, and adding in the "We better not fuck this up" mentality that SE is likely going to take with it, a three year gap since announcement is the "best case" scenario for me. They'll likely do something special for its 20th year anniversary - I'm personally thinking they'll release a demo or a giant RE-Compilation of FFVII (Movie + Demo + FFVII compilation games all in one package).

All the more reason why 2017 isn't a crazy expectation ;)
Uhh, why? How does the game taking 5 years to release make more sense than 4?

It's not crazy, it's just less realistic than 2016. Unlike 2006~2011, they have been actually working on the game.

2018 though is full la la land

Wavebossa

Uhh, why? How does the game taking 5 years to release make more sense than 4?

Because so much is riding on the success of XV for Square, I wouldn't be surprised if they take their sweet time releasing it.

EDIT: Ok, how about this. If 2016 rolls around and you get a 2017 release date, would your reaction be like "NO WAY THAT MAKES NO SENSE!" or like... "Hmm, this was expected"

2018 though is full la la land

KH3 new zone La la Land confirmed

Koozek

Because so much is riding on the success of XV for Square, I wouldn't be surprised if they take their sweet time releasing it.

EDIT: Ok, how about this. If 2016 rolls around and you get a 2017 release date, would your reaction be like "NO WAY THAT MAKES NO SENSE!" or like... "Hmm, this was expected"

FFVIIR fills that role now :p

EDIT: Definitely "NO WAY THAT MAKES NO SENSE!". All signs point to Summer/Fall 2016 if you've been following the recent development thoroughly.

According to what? Square isn't doing badly financially.

And my reaction would be more along the lines "well that's a pity".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom