• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Animation announces Justice League: Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

PounchEnvy said:
So what's Flash's weakness? Super super super glue? Bullets are useless on The Flash. :[

From wikipedia:
A specially designed "vibra-bullet" strikes Flash in the back of the neck, causing him to experience seizures at light speed before it is removed; although only exposed to the weapon for 22 minutes, Wally's relativistic speed makes the experience feel like months.

G-Fex

PounchEnvy said:
So what's Flash's weakness? Super super super glue? Bullets are useless on The Flash. :[

They make up stuff just to stop the overpowered heroes. Like Plastic Man

Blader

Voice cast announced, bringing out all the big guns for this one:

Here comes the Justice League! An all-star cast has been assembled to provide voices for the iconic team of superheroes in Justice League: Doom, the latest animated DVD-movie in Warner Home Video's series of DC Comics adaptations. Castle star Nathan Fillion will reprise the role of Green Lantern, which he first played in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. He'll be joined by Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy, the longtime voices for Superman and Batman, respectively. Rounding out the cast are several of Conroy's old costars from Cartoon Network's 2001-06 Justice League series (known as Justice League Unlimited in later seasons): Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum as the Flash, Alias alum Carl Lumbly as Martian Manhunter and veteran voice actress Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman. Cyborg, a character not seen on Justice League, joins the group for this movie and will be played by Bumper Robinson (The Game).

Wow, pretty awesome to have most of the old JL cast back.

I realize that Nathan Fillion has to be cast in every acting role under the sun for his fans to be happy, but I wish WB would throw Phil Lamarr a bone and let him come back as John Stewart in one of these movies.

Oh yeah! Awesome! I kinda wish they went with this from the start, because when they first started doing these DTVs, I guess they figured, "People want to hear CELEBRITIES in these roles. Celebrities = more sales!" It's the same way of thinking Disney had when they were casting for Princess Mononoke. Although I think some of it may have been New Art style = New take on a character's voice. But I was watching Batman/Superman Apocalypse's Behind the Scenes feature and Andrea was starting to insist they bring back tried and true voice actors because she thought no one can do the characters better.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't mind them using new voices the times that they have. I thought Anthony LaPaglia did an awesome job as Lex Luthor on All Star Superman.

fallengorn said:
I don't mind them using new voices the times that they have. I thought Anthony LaPaglia did an awesome job as Lex Luthor on All Star Superman.

Truthfully, most have been good (Bruce Greenwood, Kerri Russell, James Woods), but some others (Anne Heche) have sucked the big one.

GCQuinton

Penguin said:
Well you mean its like EVERY Justice League episode since he played The Flash in that series. :p

tumblr_l3q2bnGve41qaild3o1_500.png

"I have no idea who this is."

Damn, this story makes my friend rage. I can't get him to read anything from Mark Waid because of it. He literally wants to punch him in his face and spit on him after, its awesome. lol

kunonabi

Probably the only Superman thing I'll be looking at in the future. I really can't stand the costume and new relaunch stuff.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
SpiderJerusalem said:
Damn, this story makes my friend rage. I can't get him to read anything from Mark Waid because of it. He literally wants to punch him in his face and spit on him after, its awesome. lol
What makes him so mad?

Penguin

Seems like the plot may be slightly changed for it to be a group of supervillains instead of just Ra's.

Justice League: Doom finds Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg and Batman on their heels when a team of super villains discover and implement the Dark Knight’s “contingency plans” for stopping any rogue Justice League member. The story is inspired by Mark Waid’s much-heralded “JLA: Tower of Babel.”

35343L.jpg

35344L.jpg

Penguin said:
They premiered the trailer at Comic Con, and let me tell you, this is the loosiest use of "Adaption" yet for a movie.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/11451107287/doom

It seems like it simply takes the core idea of Batman having contingency plans and runs with it
That's a good thing in my book, because a straight adaptation ignoring "Babel"'s flaws would be terrible, and because I tend to enjoy these things more when they deviate from the original work.

Penguin

Spike Spiegel said:
That's a good thing in my book, because a straight adaptation ignoring "Babel"'s flaws would be terrible, and because I tend to enjoy these things more when they deviate from the original work.

I wasn't really complaining, I just think that... its far from being an adaption.

The story itself seems fine, and I kind of want an original project. Seems like we only get one a year these days.

Penguin

What comes on the DVD/Blu-Ray

Justice League: Doom Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack has 3 hours of exciting content, including:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• UltraViiolet™ Digital Copy,
• Sneak Peak at Superman vs. The Elite, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “A Legion of One: The Dwayne McDuffie Story” – The skilled writer penned some of the best stories which consistently entertained fans. From his early writing career to adapting the popular work of All-Star Superman, this is the story of Dwayne McDuffie, as told by his family and friends.
• Featurette – “Guarding the Balance: Batman and the JLA” – Everyone has a weakness and so do superheroes, yet when they go rogue, their power can topple more than a few egos, they can shatter worlds. The Justice League is the most powerful organization of superheroes on the planet, but what if the Justice League went rogue, and decided to use their power for harm?
• Mini-featurette – “Their Time Has Come: Cyborg and the DC Universe’s New Diversity” – 2011 will go down in DC Comics storied history as a year when a rich diversity of characters were re-introduced into the spotlight alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. One of the most celebrated of the re-imagined characters is Cyborg, who became the new Man of Steel in Geoff Johns’ altered universe storyline, Flashpoint.
• Creative team commentary
• Two bonus episodes from the Justice League animated series handpicked by Bruce Timm: Wild Cards, Part 1 and 2, written by Stan Berkowitz and Dwayne McDuffie
• Digital Comic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom